Fireclaw embarking on assassins training

Fireclaw

As I’m new to this guild I shall start with a few words about myself. I live in the north of Germany but I was born in the very south and I work as a Librarian, which was also the reason for moving to the North this spring. In my free time I usually work on a cosplay or some other form of crafting.  As far as fitness goes I’ve never actually managed to stick with it long enough to develop muscles or stamina in the past. This, I want to change. Considering how well my first challenge went, I am hopeful that I will stick with this one just as well.

My long-term goal is to lose 40 lbs, but I am not going to stress over a time-frame. I want to concentrate on building healthy habits first.

These are my quests for this challenge:

Quest 1: Do a beginners bodyweight workout twice a week. I am basing this on Steve’s 20min Hotel Workout. I would very much like to one day be able to do a real push-up. First trials have shown that I am faaaar away from that.

Quest 2: Do Yoga once a week. For now I will use a DVD that I already own. If this should get too boring I will try to make up my own training.

Quest 3: Last challenge I changed my diet to Paleo dinners, so this time I will do the same for breakfast. From now on all breakfasts and dinners will be paleo. I already have a recipe or two for quick paleo breakfast things but I welcome any suggestions on breakfast foods that I can prepare in advance. (I hate getting up so every minute counts in the morning :) No lengthy breakfast preparations for me.)

Life Quest: I will keep the life quest from my first challenge, which is to do something crafting/cosplay related for 30min every day. This is because I’ve had great success with this. On many a day I had to force myself to do the 30min but the amazing thing is that I actually did it even when I wasn’t motivated. Just goes to show how much accountability really influences me :)

Allocation of attribute points for this challenge:

Quest 1: 3STR + 1STA + 1CHA

Quest 2: 3 DEX + 1 STR

Quest 3: 3 CON + 1 WIS

Life Quest: 1 CHA + 1 WIS

• Like 4

~~~~~~~~

current challenge

last challenge

~~~~~~~~

Sweety, I know you think you're explaining yourself, but you're really not.

-Penny to Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Welcome to the assassins! Looks like you've got a good, simple challenge here! Great job on getting paleo dinners solidified, by the way.

For the yoga stuff, I've found that DoYouYoga on YouTube has some nice routines! If you get bored with your DVD, I'm sure you can find tons of videos on the Internet.

Level 4 Assassin 

Hufflepuff House

Sunlit Embraces Earth and Sea - Current Challenge

I've just posted this on my old challenge thread, but I'm gonna re-post it here, because that challenge is over already and because I am INSANELY proud of myself for finishing this monster of a costume, so you're gonna have to bear with me. If nothing else, it will show you my current body shape (and how crazy I am) :D

I promised a Cosplay picture, and here it is. Me as the Banshee Queen Enira from Lineage II.

Enira1-WEB.jpg

I labored on this for well over two years. I am roughly three meters high, three meters long and three meters broad - and yes, I can walk in this ... slowly and carefully xD Please, don't ask my how much it all weighs, cause I don't know. I don't WANT to know :D

• Like 1

~~~~~~~~

current challenge

last challenge

~~~~~~~~

I've just posted this on my old challenge thread, but I'm gonna re-post it here, because that challenge is over already and because I am INSANELY proud of myself for finishing this monster of a costume, so you're gonna have to bear with me. If nothing else, it will show you my current body shape (and how crazy I am) :D

I promised a Cosplay picture, and here it is. Me as the Banshee Queen Enira from Lineage II.

Enira1-WEB.jpg

I labored on this for well over two years. I am roughly three meters high, three meters long and three meters broad - and yes, I can walk in this ... slowly and carefully xD Please, don't ask my how much it all weighs, cause I don't know. I don't WANT to know :D

freaking amaze-balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

Happy Challenge Starting Day, everyone :D

I came prepared. I made Omelet muffins yesterday, which will take care of breakfast for the entire week (made twelve and put half of them in the freezer).

I’ve also signed up for the Mini-Challenge. House Gryffindor for the win!

For the bodyweight training I  chose to do incline push-ups (with my hands on the desk), squats (with my hands above my head), inverted rows (luckily I have an unbreakable work desk in my craft room :D ), and side planks.

And I started the week of with Yoga, so I am open to whatever Nerdwarts has in store for us this week.

~~~~~~~~

current challenge

last challenge

~~~~~~~~

Happy Challenge Starting Day, everyone :D

I came prepared. I made Omelet muffins yesterday, which will take care of breakfast for the entire week (made twelve and put half of them in the freezer).

I’ve also signed up for the Mini-Challenge. House Gryffindor for the win!

For the bodyweight training I  chose to do incline push-ups (with my hands on the desk), squats (with my hands above my head), inverted rows (luckily I have an unbreakable work desk in my craft room :D ), and side planks.

And I started the week of with Yoga, so I am open to whatever Nerdwarts has in store for us this week.

House Gryffindor!!

gryffindor-cheering.gif

Our body weight exercises are almost identical.  I chose air squats with my hands in front.  I struggle to get my butt down.  I'm doing bent knee inverted rows with a broom and a couple of tall chairs.  

Have a great first week!

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Have a great first week!

Thanks! The same to you, of course. :redface:

I tried myself at bulgarian squats yesterday. Obviously I've been doing something right, cause today my legs are pretty sore :P

The rest of my quests are going well so far, too. Even though I've been too lazy to cook since Sunday. Luckily I always have something in the freezer or at least some yoghurt and fruit at hand :)

• Like 1

~~~~~~~~

current challenge

last challenge

~~~~~~~~

Kicked that troll when it was already down, he heeee. I found out today that I really like sidekicks, maybe I'll include them in my training from now on.

I also updated my AMRAPs today and am glad to say that in three of four excercises I got better than I was last week. Yay.

• Like 1

~~~~~~~~

current challenge

last challenge

~~~~~~~~

The NF beginner bodyweight workouts are awesome! I've been doing my version of them for a few months now, and it's awesome how much stronger I feel already!

Also, that is some amazing cosplay! If you put at least 30 minutes a day into it, no wonder it's so good!

Azotus

Human Assasin

My Assasin 6WC

"Ask not for lighter burdens, but for stronger shoulders"

Great job with the AMRAP!

Thanks!

The NF beginner bodyweight workouts are awesome! I've been doing my version of them for a few months now, and it's awesome how much stronger I feel already!

I can't tell you how much it pleases me to feel like I am getting stronger. Awesome, what half an hour training every other day can do.

Also, that is some amazing cosplay! If you put at least 30 minutes a day into it, no wonder it's so good!

Thank you :redface: This one truly is my masterpiece. I asure you none of my other cosplays are as monumental as this one :D Also, I've decided that my next cosplay is going to be something where I can get dressed on my own and in less than bloody three hours :D

~~~~~~~~

current challenge

last challenge

~~~~~~~~

I just did my AMRAPs for this week:

incline push-up went from 20 to 30

Squats went from 35 to 40

side planks went from 38 to 45 sec

only the inverted rows are still stuck on 10

Seems like its coming along great ....

Following for inspiration...similar goals to mine.

Cheers,

~ C

c4cherry

~~ Level 1 ~~

Challenge 1,  Challenge 2

"Eventually all things will fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moments, and know that everything happens for a reason" ~ Anon

~~~~ STR 2 | STA 3 | DEX 2 | CON 1.5 | WIS 1 | CHA 2 ~~~~

End of week summary for week two and three together, cause I forgot last week:

Yoga once: check

Bodyweight training twice: check

Paleo Breakfast and dinner every day: check

Cosplay work every day: check

So far, I'm still at a 100% which is awesome. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to say this anymore after this week. On Thursday I'll drive to my home town for my granny's 80th birthday, which will result in me eating all the wrong things. And if you think I could restist the sweets, think again. My sister is a pastry chef, and very very good one at that.

~~~~~~~~

current challenge

last challenge

~~~~~~~~

End of week summary for week two and three together, cause I forgot last week:

Yoga once: check

Bodyweight training twice: check

Paleo Breakfast and dinner every day: check

Cosplay work every day: check

So far, I'm still at a 100% which is awesome. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to say this anymore after this week. On Thursday I'll drive to my home town for my granny's 80th birthday, which will result in me eating all the wrong things. And if you think I could restist the sweets, think again. My sister is a pastry chef, and very very good one at that.

looks like  you've done awesome so far. As for visiting your grandma and your sister, since they are amazing bakers, maybe just enjoy the treats and really focus on getting your goals. If you do your BW training,yoga, and have a healthy breakfast and dinner, the you will still have winds for your challenge and be  further ahead.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

You are doing great! The fact that you know ahead of time about the temptations at your party will help you keep it to a minimum. You are establishing such great habits that one day isn't going to derail you. I believe some treats are worth it and I have to think goodies made by pastry chefs are an example of that where as a two day old donut eaten from a gas station is not :)

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge