Jessie75's 343 days to win it!!

Thursday I did 45 minutes of Just Dance 3 with the youngest on the Xbox. We had a blast, though I'm only counting it as 30 minutes in my logs because of having to figure out how to select music etc. She isn't sure she likes the Just Dance on the Xbox. We used to have 1 & 2 for the Wii. I told her I'm pretty sure its because she doesn't know them yet. But I had a blast! There is a thread going about a commitment to working out everyday for the year. I'm thinking about discussing this with her as a New Year's resolution for everyday that she is home from her dad's we will do 20 minutes of active something. Just Dance, other Kinnect games, walk around the block, whatever. Gonna have to talk and think about it. They go to their dad's every other weekend and then spend time with him on the off Sundays too. It would be a major commitment on both our parts but would be VERY good for both of us. It could get to the point that she can't stand just sitting around watching TV all weekend at her dad's.

I am my own evil twin!

~~ Paleo Challenge! ~~ Blog ~~

That's a great plan. I made a commitment to make sure the toddler has big muscle activity time every day too. In our dreary Minnesota winters it is too easy to hang around the house all day. There are days when it's a hassle to find time to get out of the house and do something, but it is totally worth it. Of course toddlers are easier than teenagers.

Good luck.

BTW I enjoy your log, I like how your family is involved with your fitness.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

So Friday was a FAIL kinda day. I had a KILLER headache. Didn't do much of anything but sleep. Tried everything to get rid of it, fed it (sometimes protein helps) medicated it, caffeinated it, nothing helped. Oh well. Today I will find time for my work out, get in some just dance by myself, kids are at dad's and sleep a bit before napping before my New Year's plans. I made pasole to pass (not paleo, but its my last hurrah before going paleo tomorrow) and gonna make some mint truffles to take so I can have a couple and then just leave the rest behind. I'm trying to get the melting chocolate I bought last year used up so its not mocking me. Maybe I'll make some chocolate popcorn too. Insidious stuff. Oh yeah, caprese salad to get rid of the fresh mozzarella in my fridge.

And tomorrow I will be moving all of this over to the blogs :D woohoo!!

I am my own evil twin!

That's a great plan. I made a commitment to make sure the toddler has big muscle activity time every day too. In our dreary Minnesota winters it is too easy to hang around the house all day. There are days when it's a hassle to find time to get out of the house and do something, but it is totally worth it. Of course toddlers are easier than teenagers.

Good luck.

BTW I enjoy your log, I like how your family is involved with your fitness.

Thanks!

I know what you mean about the winters. Iowa is the same way. We go weeks sometimes without seeing the sun. I never believed in SADS till I moved here. Though our winter has been so odd. Very warm, just rain and sun. It a trick, get an ax, Winter is Coming :P

What kind of activities are you planning with your toddler?

I am my own evil twin!

Thanks!

I know what you mean about the winters. Iowa is the same way. We go weeks sometimes without seeing the sun. I never believed in SADS till I moved here. Though our winter has been so odd. Very warm, just rain and sun. It a trick, get an ax, Winter is Coming :P

What kind of activities are you planning with your toddler?

IKR If it would just snow we could play outside, but who wants to go out and play on the dead grass under a gray sky.

I actually made this commitment last spring when my wife was pregnant and we all stayed inside and got stir crazy. I'm lucky to live in Minneapolis because we have a lot of options and that I'm a teacher, so I have more time than most. The summer was easy, we biked to a park, pool, or lake every day. On rainy days we went to the Children's Museum (the in-laws give me a family membership every Christmas) or an indoor park. And all of our neighbors with little kids play outside after dinner when it's nice out.

I thought this goal was in the maintenance phase until the winter doldrums hit. Right now we walk often and she drags all the of big heavy sticks home that she finds. We also go to coffee shops with a big play area, our Y has a kid's gym and toddler dance and tumbling classes, and our park has a weekly toddler play group (indoor) and the kids roll around and wrestle on the gym mats. If worse comes to worse and she hasn't had a chance to run by dinner time we roughhouse and chase each other around until bedtime. Over break I attached a swing, acrobat bar, and a twirling bar to the basement joists so she could hang and swing while I get some man-cave time. She also has her own dumbbell and 2.5# hammer for hitting the tire when she wants.

It takes up a big chunk of my free time, but it's totally worth it; she's happier, sleeps better, and strong as an (itty-bitty) ox.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log