• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BlackTezca

BlackTezcas' 4th Trial: An Artsy, Geeky Amazon Must Train and Smell the Roses

You think she's something now, wait until you see her draw.

Yes! Let's see some drawings!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Welp here are some images from previous challenges...just to pimp out my art :D

princess_annas__dream_by_artisticallystr

greyjedi_by_artisticallystrange-d8v5ol1.

agito_guyver_3_by_artisticallystrange-d8ayane_kickboxing_by_artisticallystrange-martial_art_series__sanji_capoeira_by_ar

poison_ivy_by_artisticallystrange-d8dyc3

Fun stuff!  This challenge I won't be doing a ton of full images, mostly sketches and practice with focus on improvement :).  Hope you enjoy!

• Like 4

So I updated my challenge with a bit more accurate diet list.  As mentioned, the total calorie range for me per day to keep losing weight and at least maintain is 1467 - 1834 calories and with carbs being between 148 and 239 grams.  So some flexibility here (stealing some wisdom from blkhole24601).  I'm not gonna ding myself if I keep my sugar low and also eat less than 2300 calories provided I did some major working out that day (kickboxing or even mowing).  So a bit of a reflection here and there on my eating side quest. 

The challenge starts tomorrow!  Let's do this!

tumblr_nh3mpdX8CB1u4k4ceo1_500.gif

• Like 2

Oooh. You and Thrillho are both going high carb, looks like. Fascinating. I will be watching with great interest. :)

• Like 1

agito_guyver_3_by_artisticallystrange-d8

This is just so freaking cool! Unbelievable!

I have extraordinarily colorful threads and spastic writing.

Rainbow-vomit.gif

And honestly?  I really love entertaining people.  I smile when a new person comes in and just is overloaded by the epic awesomeness that I know is my threads.  I'm a cocky bastard.

We are so alike...

The transformation is slow but I'm definitely getting closer.  One day, I'll have awesome buff arms and powerful legs.

o-ROGER-KANGABRO-2-570.jpg?

Just like Roger, the buff kangaroo....

I was aiming for Squeeky the squirrel ;-)

Muscular-Squirrel.jpg

First day of the rest of our lives! Let's smash this challenge!

olx0xRF.gif

• Like 2

Oooh. You and Thrillho are both going high carb, looks like. Fascinating. I will be watching with great interest. :)

I just used the recommended IIFYM calculator type thingie.  Not sure I'll be able to keep up THAT much protein but I think I can stick to that carb amount...I think...see I don't really see it as that high carb, but when I looked at the 'low carb' and that horrifying 'ketogenic' type diet calculator, I was like-

bruce-lee.gif

I guess it's a learning process for me; I always used MFP but just recently (this year actually) I've been learning more on macros and different diets and I've been upping my protein more and more while eyeing my carbs a bit more carefully.  I just don't think I can go very low carb nor keep that up for long either.  We'll see how it works out :)

I was aiming for Squeeky the squirrel ;-)

Muscular-Squirrel.jpg

First day of the rest of our lives! Let's smash this challenge!

olx0xRF.gif

Considering my height, squeaky the squirrel is more apt!  God damn if any the squirrels looked like that at my university (back when I was in college like...holy crap 6 years ago), I'll be giving them all the fries!  Horrifying.

This challenge will be smashed!

giphy.gif

(Just like the Hiddlesticks)

THIS IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE CHALLENGE EVERYONE!!!!

giphy.gif

I don't have much to update on right now :tongue:.  I will say that I did a leg workout already this morning and...yeah my legs feel it!  Here are some numbers:

Straight-Leg Deadlift Swivel @ 20 lb per hand @ 1 * 10

Squats Swivel @ 20 lb per hand @ 1 * 10

Ski Squat to Sumo Squat @ 17 lb per hand @ 1 * 10

3, 2, 1 Sraight-Leg Deadlift @ 20 lb per hand @ 1 * 10

Squat Lunges @ 17 lb per hand @  1 * 10 (10 per leg)

After work I plan on going to kickboxing and during my lunch break, I'll be taking a walk outside in the sun!!!

superman.gif

I'll an official update tonight for Day 1.  However, I decided that Week 1  deserves a proper opening video! Let's begin this challenge right!!

• Like 2

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Day 1!!

It looks like a lot of other rebels are working on tinkering with their calories and macros, too!  Carbs have been one thing I actually haven't really focused on yet, I'm still tinkering with overall calories to make sure I don't die while lifting heavy things.  (Which I almost did yesterday... lesson learned, eat more good things!)

Look at you, all sassy and coming out of the challenge gate with LEG DAY!  BAM!

meoAf.gif

• Like 1

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Day 1!!

It looks like a lot of other rebels are working on tinkering with their calories and macros, too!  Carbs have been one thing I actually haven't really focused on yet, I'm still tinkering with overall calories to make sure I don't die while lifting heavy things.  (Which I almost did yesterday... lesson learned, eat more good things!)

Look at you, all sassy and coming out of the challenge gate with LEG DAY!  BAM!

meoAf.gif

Haha I usually workout in the morning and yeah when it comes to lifting it's a bit difficult.  I'm wondering I need to eat beforehand...but then I'll have something in my stomach as I work out which...won't be fun either.  I'll figure something out.

Oh man!  Not only did I do HIIT and some lifts, but the focus in kickboxing was...well KICKS today...so my legs got a good workout in!

DAY ONE !!!!!!!

Starting awesomely for you as per usual!!

Go TEZ! :D

Nice! Strong start!

Whoa!  Let me get my status up first folks :D  ya'll building me up too much!

I HAVE COMPLETED THE FIRST DAY!!! WOOO!!!!  Not much really to report beyond my status so...

tumblr_mn2lmfYDvd1qfzv7ao1_500.gif

Day 01

Acting+cool_2784f6_5183433.gif

Fight Like Kamui: Do a kickboxing workout twice a week, preferably with Easton

Day 1 Details: I definitely got to kickboxing class today with Gigi and...ugh she was brutal.  My legs were already somewhat shaky with the HIIT and strength training routine from this morning and she is a HIIT queen.  So we were doing HIIT after some of the rounds on the bag...which were focused on kicking technique...

wfE9A6f.jpg

So tomorrow I shall be focusing on upper body word with some core work.  I plan on doing kickboxing on Wednesday and maybe Saturday again.  But Saturday is a maybe.  We'll see how I feel.

Don’t Eat like Gintoki: Don’t binge!  Don’t eat a crap ton of sweets!  CHEAT LESS!

Day 1 Details: It's pretty easy to keep my eating under control on weekdays.  Weekends are the hard part.  Today I ate about 1691 calories with 155 carbs and 113 protein and 78 fat.  It's a bit more than I usually eat, though I was kinda peckish still after dinner.  Considering the workout, the kickboxing, the walking up the stairs, and my walk outside...understandable.  I'll need to be more vigilant tomorrow and Thursday (tomorrow being a little easier and Thursday being a planned rest day).

Sleep like Sogo: ENFORCE THE SLEEP POLICY

Day 1 Details: Last night I went to bed about 11:22, so that meant setting my alarm at 6:15 am.  Which I did and thus enforcing the sleep policy.  01/05 days complete.  I'll most likely being sleeping until 6:15 am tonight since it's a bit late and I'm still doing this update :tongue:.

kagura-can-t-sleep-o.gif

Don’t be like Housen: GO OUTSIDE!  SMELL THE ROSES!

Day 1 Details: I did a lovely lunch break walk today!  30 minutes in the sun!  I've been trying to keep this up consistently at work since it helps me clear my head a bit, and with the sun out hopefully I can do this as much as I plan.  1/3 days in the sun complete!  I shall also walk tomorrow too :).

Practice like Shinpachi: Shinpachi practices his sword art (sometimes.  He’s still a weak fighter) and I need to practice on some artsy stuff!  Identify five items to improve upon when it comes to art. Practice (sketch, full painting, etc) on those items!

Day 1 Details: So I went to artists.pixelovely.com and did 30 to 40 minutes of their hand gesture practice classes.  I will say that I was slowly getting better at the 30 seconds and 60 seconds gesture practices before they upped the time to 5 minutes and then 7 minutes.  I definitely see not just the worth in it for practicing hands but also in getting my timing and pacing improved as well.  Here are my practice sketches:

hand_practice_by_artisticallystrange-d8w

Nothing as exciting as my full colored pieces sure, but considering this is a practice challenge, you'll be seeing more of my 'art' in a different, sketchier and somewhat shittier light.  (Like..my god...those hands?  Those prayer hands?  They are shitty shitty shitty hands.  On a cthulu seal cause that was a 5 minute practice sketch and I suck at those damn shitty shitty hands so I drew a seal with them cause they are better off as less crappy flippers).  Not sure what the plan is more later on the week.  Maybe switch off to practice poses instead and full body gestures.  Or more hands.  Less shittier hands.

God I hate hands.

giphy.gif

(Fuck you Luke, you didn't need that god damned hand anyways)

Added today cause I didn't see it till just now cause I'm dumb...

Monk Mini Challenge 1: Haha just saw this.  I'll be doing double crunches and static bird dogs for now then.

And that's my status for the night!  Time to get to bed :D.  Though I am experimenting with a Chia Coconut Chocolate pudding as well...I hope it tastes good cause I may eat it before my kickboxing class Wedneday...or for a snack tomorrow.  We'll see.  Sleep well everyone!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Aw, no! I hate when that happens. It's like coach reads your training logs and then says, "Ooh, ooh. I know. Let's hit her again."

Nice that you got to go outside for a walk, though. :)

• Like 1

Hehe the walk was thankfully before the kickboxing class so I was still able to move my legs!  Gigi is an awesome trainer, but ugh man she likes to work people hard.

Bit of an midmorning update for Day 02!  Considering the type of side quests I have, most of my updates will be either at night or for the next day.  I'll try to keep it at nighttime, but haha that may not be very consistent.  Oh well!  Sleep is more important.

large.gif

Anywho, did an upperbody focused routine today with some core work.  My arms are probably gonna be yelling out me tomorrow.  And considering that tomorrow is another Kickboxing day, I'm wondering what I should do for a short workout before hand.  Something for legs sure, but with weights or without weights?  HIIT or no HIIT...hmmm...I'll figure it out!  Below are some numbers!

Hammer Curl @ 14 lb per hand @ 2 * 10

Tricep Extension @ 14 lb per hand @  2 * 10

Chest Fly @ 17 lb per hand @ 2 * 10

Reverse @ 10 lb per hand @  1* 10, 9 lb per hand @ 1 * 10

Overhead Press @ 14 lb per hand @  2 * 10

Dumbbell Pull over @ 20 lb total @ 2 * 10

Throw in some staggered pushups, pike pushups, tricep dips, supine pushups and extra bicep curls and my arms are not happy :tongue:.

The chocolate chia pudding is looking pretty good actually!  I'll be eating some as a snack before Trivia tonight and I want to get some strawberries to go with it.  I used the Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder and it smells pretty yummy.  Hopefully it tastes good too or else...

1377103758-ac88c43c07-o.png

...what a waste.

Oh!  Talked to my brother last night too.  My future niece is doing all right!  Really excited and hoping that everything works out!  :D.  Happy happy future aunt here.

Till next time for a full update!

• Like 1

I LOL'ed too hard at "I'm a shitty seal".

Hands are bull.  Everyone should have clubs or crabclaws or something!!

• Like 1

Nice work!! There are some really hands in the lot!!

The hand putting on the sock is the best!! it's really great!

Also, WOA you are starting this challenge HARD. Don't over-exert yourself dear Tez :)

• Like 1

Ooh! That pudding sounds good. Given that the last time we saw it come through the Monastery it didn't turn out so great, I hope yours does better!

Ooh! That pudding sounds good. Given that the last time we saw it come through the Monastery it didn't turn out so great, I hope yours does better!

Actually it turned out pretty good.  Maybe too many chia seeds, but it was tasty to me!  My is a bit on the odd side since I used Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder to make it..so Chia Chocolate Protein Pudding?

Ingredients are:

1 Can Coconut Milk

1 Scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder

1 Tbsp Special Dark Cocoa Powder

1/3 Cup Chia Seeds (probably just need a little less than that)

Blend the Coconut Milk, Protein Powder and Cocoa Powder.  Stir in seeds, set in refridgerator overnight.  Top with slice strawberries.  I only ate a small cup (like a little large than the average chocolate pudding up) topped with one large, sliced strawberry.  It's decently heavy with just the small amount I ate, but it's tasty to me.  It does have a bit of that Protein powder texture, so next time I make it, I may lessen that amount.  Or increase the coconut milk.  Or blend it more...I didn't blend it all that much.  If you think it sounds interesting I'll post it in the Monastery :D.

I LOL'ed too hard at "I'm a shitty seal".

Hands are bull.  Everyone should have clubs or crabclaws or something!!

I personally like the crab claws idea myself.  At least we would be able to better defend ourselves.

Stupid bloody hands...

evildead2d.gif

Nice work!! There are some really hands in the lot!!

The hand putting on the sock is the best!! it's really great!

Also, WOA you are starting this challenge HARD. Don't over-exert yourself dear Tez :)

Thank you so much!  That one had a longest time for me at 11 minutes and was the last one I did before calling it quits for the night so I'm happy that you liked that one the best!

Haha over-exert myself?!  ME?!  NONESENSE!  I have NEVER EVER OVER EXERTED MYSEL-

tumblr_msinj2kPVT1qkw9t0o2_500.giftumblr_msinj2kPVT1qkw9t0o1_500.gif

(owie...why did the bike explode?)

I do need to stretch more often...I have been feeling a bit more sore due to kickboxing, so more stretching maybe necessary.

Day 02

caramel-dance-gintama-o.gif

Day 2 Details: Still planned for tomorrow, which should be fun since this class will be with Vellore, who is a bit lighter on the workout, but still has an eye out for proper technique like Gigi.  My shoulders and upper back are feeling quite a bit sore, so I'll probably be stretching a bit more after I post this. 

Don’t Eat like Gintoki: Don’t binge!  Don’t eat a crap ton of sweets!  CHEAT LESS!

Day 2 Details: I have my meal already set for Trivia: Bowl of Chili and a glass of Merlot.  This will bring my total calories to 1580, with 99 carb, 95 protein, and...haha! 14 sugar.  The protein could be a little higher, but I'm not gonna force myself over just for 4 more grams of protein.  Especially when I won't be hungry.  If anything changes, I'll be sure to update this.  Not sure what I'll eat tomorrow for breakfast.  Something small so I won't hurl during kickboxing, but still hefty enough to keep me focused till lunch...Could do cottage cheese with strawberries...or even my chocolate chia pudding with stawberries too...hmm we'll see.

Day 2 Details: This was really close last night.  Went to bed at 6:27, which still kept me in rage for 6:15 am, but man I need to be a little more vigilant.  I want to get up at 6 am tomorrow so I can do a quick 30 minute HIIT and leg session before getting to work, so I'll be watching the time when I get back from trivia!  Must be vigilant!

Day 2 Details: It has been HOT these past few days, but I got my 30 minute in the sun, lunch break walk in!  Yeah!!

tumblr_mx659qDlvT1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

Practice like Shinpachi: Shinpachi practices his sword art (sometimes.  He’s still a weak fighter) and I need to practice on some artsy stuff!  Identify five items to improve upon when it comes to art. Practice (sketch, full painting, etc) on those items!

Day 2 Details: Not today...at least not right now.  I plan on doing this tomorrow evening :D.

Monk Mini Challenge 1: So far I did 6 * 30 (updated! 7  * 30 ) double crunches and 1 * 10 5 second hold for bird-dog.  Brings me up to 190 220 (I love you double crunches).  Makes up for my missed day yesterday.

That's right Kishi.

gintama-trollface-o.gif

I'm gunning for ya.

That's all for today everyone!  Still going strong...well...it is only day 2...But still!  Going strong!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

The Hiddlestick certainly enjoys your tattoo...

eeK8MoG.gif

CURSE THAT DAPPER GENTLE-STICK BASTARD

He's probably standing on my stomach. It's what keeps my reps so low.

• Like 1

Best way to start a challenge is to start hard! And you are so doing that!

super-excited.gif

When i read all the ecxercises and workouts people are doing i think it's a shame we can't do them together. That would be good for motivation!

I have major admiration for the way you calculate your meal nutrients. Damn, i would really like to do that, because i think it would benefit me greatly but i have got no idea how to start with that...

As always:

You A_Rock!.gif

• Like 1

I've been so swamped at work!   (And work is my NF time dammit!)   But I finally got to catch up with you chica.     Looks like you're starting off with a bang like usual!

770711458361573411.gif

I really can't thank you enough for doing art stuff in your challenges.  Seeing you post your practice and wip's is really good for my brain.    I love the seal too!  LOL.     I think my favorite was the hand putting the sock on.  Loved it!

How's the Colorado weather coming along?   We finally got into our mid 80's here in Illinois land!   And with 60% humidity added to our ridiculously poor air quality and pollens?  It's rocking!    Heh heh!    Glad you got some sun shiiiiiine!  

I so need to get on board with your sleep goal.    If I don't get 7 hours+ actual Sleepy Minutes, I just perform/feel so poorly.

• Like 1

Haha I usually workout in the morning and yeah when it comes to lifting it's a bit difficult. I'm wondering I need to eat beforehand...but then I'll have something in my stomach as I work out which...won't be fun either. I'll figure something out.

Oh man! Not only did I do HIIT and some lifts, but the focus in kickboxing was...well KICKS today...so my legs got a good workout in!

Whoa! Let me get my status up first folks :D ya'll building me up too much!

I HAVE COMPLETED THE FIRST DAY!!! WOOO!!!! Not much really to report beyond my status so...

tumblr_mn2lmfYDvd1qfzv7ao1_500.gif

Day 01

Acting+cool_2784f6_5183433.gif

Day 1 Details: I definitely got to kickboxing class today with Gigi and...ugh she was brutal. My legs were already somewhat shaky with the HIIT and strength training routine from this morning and she is a HIIT queen. So we were doing HIIT after some of the rounds on the bag...which were focused on kicking technique...

wfE9A6f.jpg

So tomorrow I shall be focusing on upper body word with some core work. I plan on doing kickboxing on Wednesday and maybe Saturday again. But Saturday is a maybe. We'll see how I feel.

Don’t Eat like Gintoki: Don’t binge! Don’t eat a crap ton of sweets! CHEAT LESS!

Day 1 Details: It's pretty easy to keep my eating under control on weekdays. Weekends are the hard part. Today I ate about 1691 calories with 155 carbs and 113 protein and 78 fat. It's a bit more than I usually eat, though I was kinda peckish still after dinner. Considering the workout, the kickboxing, the walking up the stairs, and my walk outside...understandable. I'll need to be more vigilant tomorrow and Thursday (tomorrow being a little easier and Thursday being a planned rest day).

Day 1 Details: Last night I went to bed about 11:22, so that meant setting my alarm at 6:15 am. Which I did and thus enforcing the sleep policy. 01/05 days complete. I'll most likely being sleeping until 6:15 am tonight since it's a bit late and I'm still doing this update :tongue:.

kagura-can-t-sleep-o.gif

Don’t be like Housen: GO OUTSIDE! SMELL THE ROSES!

Day 1 Details: I did a lovely lunch break walk today! 30 minutes in the sun! I've been trying to keep this up consistently at work since it helps me clear my head a bit, and with the sun out hopefully I can do this as much as I plan. 1/3 days in the sun complete! I shall also walk tomorrow too :).

Practice like Shinpachi: Shinpachi practices his sword art (sometimes. He’s still a weak fighter) and I need to practice on some artsy stuff! Identify five items to improve upon when it comes to art. Practice (sketch, full painting, etc) on those items!

Day 1 Details: So I went to artists.pixelovely.com and did 30 to 40 minutes of their hand gesture practice classes. I will say that I was slowly getting better at the 30 seconds and 60 seconds gesture practices before they upped the time to 5 minutes and then 7 minutes. I definitely see not just the worth in it for practicing hands but also in getting my timing and pacing improved as well. Here are my practice sketches:

hand_practice_by_artisticallystrange-d8w

Nothing as exciting as my full colored pieces sure, but considering this is a practice challenge, you'll be seeing more of my 'art' in a different, sketchier and somewhat shittier light. (Like..my god...those hands? Those prayer hands? They are shitty shitty shitty hands. On a cthulu seal cause that was a 5 minute practice sketch and I suck at those damn shitty shitty hands so I drew a seal with them cause they are better off as less crappy flippers). Not sure what the plan is more later on the week. Maybe switch off to practice poses instead and full body gestures. Or more hands. Less shittier hands.

God I hate hands.

giphy.gif

(Fuck you Luke, you didn't need that god damned hand anyways)

Added today cause I didn't see it till just now cause I'm dumb...

Monk Mini Challenge 1: Haha just saw this. I'll be doing double crunches and static bird dogs for now then.

And that's my status for the night! Time to get to bed :D. Though I am experimenting with a Chia Coconut Chocolate pudding as well...I hope it tastes good cause I may eat it before my kickboxing class Wedneday...or for a snack tomorrow. We'll see. Sleep well everyone!

giphy.gif

I like the hand sketches....the colour and sketchiness of them have a Da Vinci's notebooks feel about them.

Your challenge seems to be starting strong - keep it up!

• Like 1

CURSE THAT DAPPER GENTLE-STICK BASTARD

He's probably standing on my stomach. It's what keeps my reps so low.

The Hiddlesticks likes to troll....

tumblr_mar6h9t0Q21ra8x1ao7_500-141458800

I like the hand sketches....the colour and sketchiness of them have a Da Vinci's notebooks feel about them.

Your challenge seems to be starting strong - keep it up!

Thank you!  The color and sketchiness is a habit I picked up when it comes to making my complete images: I usually use red or a dark magenta for the very rough sketches (as you see here) and then I make a new layer with a detailed sketch with a dark blue, and then finally another layer with the black inking.  I typically post the progress as well on my threads, those this thread will mostly have rough red sketches.

salute.gif

I'll do my best!

Best way to start a challenge is to start hard! And you are so doing that!

super-excited.gif

When i read all the ecxercises and workouts people are doing i think it's a shame we can't do them together. That would be good for motivation!

I have major admiration for the way you calculate your meal nutrients. Damn, i would really like to do that, because i think it would benefit me greatly but i have got no idea how to start with that...

As always:

You A_Rock!.gif

Thanks!  I can't say I know exactly what I'm doing either; it's mostly mixture of calorie counting with MyFitnessPal and then using the IIFYM calculator with the athlete setting own.  Calorie counting started out very annoying at first, but I got used to it and making it a habit definitely helps too.  There's a bit of science with calculating macros as well; I'm gonna stick with what IIFYM gave me, but I may play around a little bit later.

I love it when you stop by!  You always end up making me feel fabulous!!! :D

snape_sexy.gif

I've been so swamped at work!   (And work is my NF time dammit!)   But I finally got to catch up with you chica.     Looks like you're starting off with a bang like usual!

770711458361573411.gif

I really can't thank you enough for doing art stuff in your challenges.  Seeing you post your practice and wip's is really good for my brain.    I love the seal too!  LOL.     I think my favorite was the hand putting the sock on.  Loved it!

How's the Colorado weather coming along?   We finally got into our mid 80's here in Illinois land!   And with 60% humidity added to our ridiculously poor air quality and pollens?  It's rocking!    Heh heh!    Glad you got some sun shiiiiiine!  

I so need to get on board with your sleep goal.    If I don't get 7 hours+ actual Sleepy Minutes, I just perform/feel so poorly.

Thank you so much!  After the post I left on your thread, hearing you say that really increases my joy in art.  Like I had promised to myself, I am planning on making art a constant in my challenges, no matter how miniscule (the fact that you and others seem to enjoy my silly practice sketches really makes me smile).

large.gif

I admit...if it wasn't the support of everyone here, I'm not sure I would be drawing as much.  I would keep going, but I would've taken a long break here and there.  However, ya'll are pushing me to do my best, not just in Kickboxing or fitness, but also in something as silly as my art.

For that I say to everyone:

James-Franco-As-Saul-Silver-Thank-You-Re

Colorado weather has finally picked up!  Though it seems to be raining almost every latter half of the workweek.  We have gotten 85+ degree days and then less than 75 degree days (Friday is gonna be down to 66 degrees O.o).  I love having the sun again though!  At least there is at least a lot of sunshine now.  Thankfully it is NOT that humid.

The sleep policy is great.  I still want to get my time management down, but the extra flexibility that being forced to change the alarm does is very helpful.  I still don't get 7+ hours of sleep, but it's a start and it's manageable :D.

It's easier for me since my work schedule is flexible.  I understand that for others it may not be as manageable.  Just do whatcha gotta do :)

Since at this point I got most of what I am planning on doing today complete, I think I shall post up my Day 03 status.  I just need to get some more double crunches done for the mini, another bird-dog hold set and some drawing practice and I shall be set!  though I will say...due to all the damn rain, it's been feeling rather muggy and humid around here.

original.gif

It didn't help that I did kickboxing this morning either.  Blah.  Ah well, it should get sunnier for the weekend...which is great cause that means MORE MOWING...

....ugh...

Reaction_-_Pout_Quote_1.gif

Oh well.  It has to be done to avoid the tall grass issue.

Before I forget; I did do another HIIT and leg strength workout.  It wasn't as long as the last one, but it was still pretty rough.  The HIIT started out a bit easy, but then the squat jumps and squat hold burpees came...*sigh*.  Like two friends I always see.  Anywho, here are some numbers:

Straight-leg Deadlift @ 20 lb per hand @ 2 * 8

Squats @ 20 lb per hand @ 2 * 8

Alternating Lunges @ 17 lb per hand @  2 * 8 ( 8 per leg)

Ski Squats @ 20 lb per hand @ 2 * 8.

Soon I will get some new plates.  Start off with 4 new 2.5 lb plates to add into the dumbbells because ski squats 20 lb per hand seems to be getting easier and so our the deadlifts.  Slow progress is still awesome progress :D.

Day 03

2fKdmIo.gif

(Thankfully, I am the Otae punching Gin/Punching Bag)

Day 3 Details: Okay...so new instructor today.  I was a little worried since this was his first time teaching a striking class, but man he showed us some really cool new techniques so that was pretty fun!  He was also VERY heavy on kicks.  So many kicks towards the very end...and the very end had a lot of core work (including....a minute of double crunches!  Totally counted 60 crunches towards my mini, making it 6 sets of 30 reps :tongue:).  I plan on going to Gigi's class on Friday morning which I know is gonna be HIIT and thus leg heavy as well, so my short workout for that day will be either a core workout, or upper body workout...Actually I'll do a routine that works out both core and arms that day, something a little lower impact so I can try to leave my poor, poor legs alone.

efdd5f70f3520ffa8568c9455dea525e0263721a

(Not planning on traveling until October or November...but very apt)

And yes, tomorrow is definitely, definitely, a rest day.

Day 3 Details:  Dinner ordered, which brings my total calories to 1585, with carbs at 150g, protein at 123, fat at 61g, and sugar at 27g.  Not bad, not bad.  If I'm hungry later(considering my workout today), I'll eat a quest bar and add another 190 calories, 21g carbs, 8g fat and 21g protein.

Day 3 Details: Barely made it to bed in time to keep my alarm at 6 am!  Ooof that was close.  Still feel fully rested too so something is working :D.

Day 3 Details:  Rainy day today and a bit muggy.  I shall do my walk tomorrow and with mowing coming up this weekend, I will definitely reach my weekly sunshine goal.

Day 3 Details: I did the practice I planned.  Only 30 minutes this time, but of actual full figures and poses.  I like this so far.  It's kinda fun and also helps me get faster at figuring how to draw poses or hands.  Which is something I need to learn!  Here are my sketches:

poses_practice_by_artisticallystrange-d8

Monk Mini Challenge 1: Again today I did 8 * 30 double crunches and 2 * 10 five second bird-dog holds.  I plan on doing a few more sets of double crunches and one more set of bird dogs.  Really happy with my numbers, even if I've been doing double crunches in random places.  Kinda fun and sneaky!  Once I have all my reps done for the day, I'll update this thread with total sets and the spreadsheet with total points :).

Updated: I did 10 * 30 double crunches total...I think...I think I'm done for today. 

That's all for today folks!  Hope ya'll are enjoying the 3rd day :D

6p86BJJ.gif

(This is Gintama...not another anime that they totally were making fun of paying respects to)

• Like 1

Thanks!  I can't say I know exactly what I'm doing either; it's mostly mixture of calorie counting with MyFitnessPal and then using the IIFYM calculator with the athlete setting own.  Calorie counting started out very annoying at first, but I got used to it and making it a habit definitely helps too.  There's a bit of science with calculating macros as well; I'm gonna stick with what IIFYM gave me, but I may play around a little bit later.

I love it when you stop by!  You always end up making me feel fabulous!!! :D

I admit...if it wasn't the support of everyone here, I'm not sure I would be drawing as much.  I would keep going, but I would've taken a long break here and there.  However, ya'll are pushing me to do my best, not just in Kickboxing or fitness, but also in something as silly as my art.

efdd5f70f3520ffa8568c9455dea525e0263721a

(Not planning on traveling until October or November...but very apt)

poses_practice_by_artisticallystrange-d8

So much awesomeness in one post!

I've been tinkering with MFP. I got it set up so it reflects the output of iifym calculator. But now the hard part. Entering what you have eaten...

HOW

DO

YOU

DO

THAT

Damn that is so hard. I really hate doing things i can't do (nearly) perfect. Problem is a lot of the stuff i eat doesnt come prepackaged (if someone reads this out of context on a "health related site"... one could argue ;) ) So how do i enter them? I feel like i have to weigh every single ingredient and add that to the list. But at work i just get a cup of "some"-soup and a (for example) chicken/corn salad. How the FAQ do i enter that in my MFP... The salad has all sorts of things in it next to the chicken and corn, sometimes they come with "a" dressing, That's the part i really don't like about noting my food... So if you (or anybody else) has a solution for... For now i'm just doing it "the best i can" but it really gets on my nerves (as you can see, the struggle is real! :D)

anigif_enhanced-16433-1393301422-5.gif

That airport GIF is just hilarious!!!

CTmHx7p.gif

And just keep drawing and posting, i think it's great. Major admiration!!!!!!

I can't even draw a fish, so i'm looking at your sketches like:

jonghyun-amazed.gif

Amazedgif+_9d28e4f6370f0604d8b5dd3afa71b

• Like 1