Big hugs for you and Amy. 

So sorry to hear about Sunny.  Hang on in there.  I like your approach of one day of all of the carbs and then back to looking after yourself.

I just wish that life would stop kicking you and Amy, enough already.

Again, just hang on in there. Thinking of you both.

Are any of you all watching Sense8? It's a slow starter trying to get the backstory developed on 8 main characters but I like it. I'm the person that plot can be thin if I'm invested in the characters and I love the characters. 

^ This is me too.   LOL.   And then I feel like such an 'easy' target for shows hehe, but characters and stufffffff!

Also, big hugs on your other stuff.    I keep wanting to punch the universe and say, "HEY!  LAY OFF HER FOR A WHILE, WHY DON'T YA!?"    If I could, I'd totes take some of these punches aimed your way hon.

• Like 1

Hey, every step counts. You take what you can and make the most of it. It's not like you won't benefit from some activity of some kind this weekend.

Dang, everyone's talking about this show, Sense8. Last time I missed out on something like this, it was Game of Thrones. I probably should heed the signs...

So sorry about Sunny.  Big *hugs* to you and Amy.  Losing both of them in a short period is really awful.

All my tracking is still up to date. I was going to make up a gym day yesterday but then I realized I needed to mow. The little dogs were getting lost in the back yard. LOL. So I mowed and worked on my truck. 

Planning on boxing tonight and tomorrow evening. I may have to settle for a walk over the weekend for workout number 3. It would be so great to get 3 boxing visits in this week. 

Are any of you all watching Sense8? It's a slow starter trying to get the backstory developed on 8 main characters but I like it. I'm the person that plot can be thin if I'm invested in the characters and I love the characters. 

Time to go put some meat in my face-hole and then get back to work!  :tongue:

Great work with YNAB, tracking, and boxing!  You're doing amazing :-)

Sense8 looks pretty cool.  We watched the trailer last weekend and it looks like it's potentially next in the group-watch queue after we finish the last 3 Daredevil eps this weekend.  I'm with you on the character driven stories.  Very cool. 

Omg jd, I am so so so sorry you had to lose a part of your family again :(  I'm sure you had some amazing years with your kitty.

super duper extra hugs for you this week my dear

tumblr_ngrcs2WIle1s5zcijo3_500.gif

We just need to figure out how to make gif hugs feel as good as real hugs.  :)

My favorite Sunshine story is from when Amy and I first met and started hanging out. She told me she had a dog and a cat that I would probably nevre see because the cat didn't like people. I sat there for less than 10 minutes and Sunny was in my lap. Because I am the Cat Whisperer. She also had a ridiculous affinity for cantaloupe. Like, you couldn't leave it unguarded on your plate or she would swipe it. 

Big hugs for you and Amy. 

So sorry to hear about Sunny.  Hang on in there.  I like your approach of one day of all of the carbs and then back to looking after yourself.

I just wish that life would stop kicking you and Amy, enough already.

Again, just hang on in there. Thinking of you both.

Thanks, Lou! Right now I'm wishing I would have appreciated those years more when the worst thing going on was a hangover. I'm sure there is something poetic about love and loss in there somewhere but I'm not really a poet. 

• Like 1

^ This is me too.   LOL.   And then I feel like such an 'easy' target for shows hehe, but characters and stufffffff!

Also, big hugs on your other stuff.    I keep wanting to punch the universe and say, "HEY!  LAY OFF HER FOR A WHILE, WHY DON'T YA!?"    If I could, I'd totes take some of these punches aimed your way hon.

I'll watch a show and just be over the moon. Then I'll read something all critical about the pacing or the camera angles or whatever and feel dumb. But who cares. I like what I like. 

Thanks for punching the universe for me. Don't know what I would do with my peeps.  :)

Hey, every step counts. You take what you can and make the most of it. It's not like you won't benefit from some activity of some kind this weekend.

Dang, everyone's talking about this show, Sense8. Last time I missed out on something like this, it was Game of Thrones. I probably should heed the signs...

If it makes you feel better, I haven't watched GOT either. I couldn't get into the show despite devouring the books like Thanksgiving dinner. I think the general opinion of Sense8 boils down to how you feel about the Wachowski's other work. If you liked it, you'll probably like this. If you didn't like any of it, you probably won't. It's gotten some bad reviews in the press but I feel that is partly just backlash from Netflix constantly delivering outstanding original content. It doesn't start to really pick up the pace until the 3rd episode but, like I said, I like it a lot. And not just because I'm now completely smitten with one of the actresses.  :tongue:

So sorry about Sunny.  Big *hugs* to you and Amy.  Losing both of them in a short period is really awful.

Great work with YNAB, tracking, and boxing!  You're doing amazing :-)

Sense8 looks pretty cool.  We watched the trailer last weekend and it looks like it's potentially next in the group-watch queue after we finish the last 3 Daredevil eps this weekend.  I'm with you on the character driven stories.  Very cool. 

You know, I do feel like I'm doing amazing so far. So thanks for saying that. 

We watched 10 of the 12 episodes in one day. It was a little crazy. Amy watched the first 2 while I was at work on the airport a couple of weeks ago. We had decided not to go to church that Sunday because I was sick and had worked 14 hours the day before. I got out of the shower and she was just starting episode 3. So there was a lot of "who is that person?", "do we know why this is happening?" and so on. We spent the whole day crashed out, watching tv. I've watched most of it a second time and a few scenes I have watched over and over. There is a scene in the first episode where a couple are reminiscing about their first Pride celebration together and it gets me right in the feels every time. 

• Like 2

I went to boxing last night. One of my gloves has gone walkabout so I borrowed some of the loaner gloves from the gym. They seemed a lot lighter which actually left my hands feeling better. I think I'm going to dig my lighter set out and use them again for a while. Barring a major complication, I should be able to go again tonight. 

Food tracking is still going good. I was over by 83 calories yesterday but I don't think I'm going to count that against me since I was about 400 under on Tuesday. YNAB is still going well for me. I've added it to my daily first thing in the morning computer routine. (save up, my fitness pal, fitbit, nerd fitness, gmail and now my bank/YNAB). 

Despite the shitty beginning to this week, I have to say that right now I'm feeling on top of the world. Hope it sticks around for a while. 

Nice. Dropping the weighted clothing to fight better. Very DBZ of you. :D

Also, 83 calories? Psh. Nah. That's nothing to worry about. If you got a 400-calorie deficit from earlier in the week, that probably absorbs some of that gain. Though you have to be careful not to eat back calories too. But 83's no big deal.

Sounds like you're in a place where you can finish the week out strong. Well, then. Go do it!

Awesome work - YAY for boxing training. 

but you mentioned poetry - I like poetry - these are some my lodger found earlier this year - warning : they make me either cry or pull I'm not crying faces.....   Reading them is optional.

NIGHT WINDOWS AT CAREY'S BAY - Bill Manhire

You write a long poem
about how you are sorting yourself out at last
and how at last you say
there'll never be another word
about departure. Look
around you how the moon
tattooes the spaces all around you,
it isn't even dark. In the house
of doors, the doors are open.
In the house of glass, the glass lets in the light.

YOUR ABSENCE - Bill Manhire

Your absence is a hurt
I would bring to no one:
It is a place
For entertaining friends and waiting.
I shall always ask you in.

Nice. Dropping the weighted clothing to fight better. Very DBZ of you. :D

Also, 83 calories? Psh. Nah. That's nothing to worry about. If you got a 400-calorie deficit from earlier in the week, that probably absorbs some of that gain. Though you have to be careful not to eat back calories too. But 83's no big deal.

Sounds like you're in a place where you can finish the week out strong. Well, then. Go do it!

Yeah, I'm feeling mentally strong and physically good right now. Gotta capitalize on that while it's here. 

Awesome work - YAY for boxing training. 

but you mentioned poetry - I like poetry - these are some my lodger found earlier this year - warning : they make me either cry or pull I'm not crying faces.....   Reading them is optional.

NIGHT WINDOWS AT CAREY'S BAY - Bill Manhire

You write a long poem

about how you are sorting yourself out at last

and how at last you say

there'll never be another word

about departure. Look

around you how the moon

tattooes the spaces all around you,

it isn't even dark. In the house

of doors, the doors are open.

In the house of glass, the glass lets in the light.

YOUR ABSENCE - Bill Manhire

Your absence is a hurt

I would bring to no one:

It is a place

For entertaining friends and waiting.

I shall always ask you in.

Those are lovely poems. I started to say I'm not much of a poetry fan but I realized that I am, just that most of my poetry appreciation comes in the form of song lyrics. I guess I need to hear it for it to register in the right places. I read too fast and don't always capture all the meaning that comes with the words. 

Food and money tracking are still going well.

Made it back to kickboxing last night. Not sure my body was quite ready for back to back nights and I definitely needed some pre workout nutrition. But it felt good. I kept up ok. I feel like my technique is getting better. My kicks are getting higher. 

There is a funny story out of all of it. I have huge body image issues. I am prone to wear huge baggy clothes. I'm working on this in other areas but still struggling at the gym. But it's getting hot and I have been really envious of all the folks wearing tank tops or sleeveless shirts. I have done a lot of thinking about it. Working on the idea that my body is not now nor ever really will be "perfect" but it can do amazing things nonetheless. And I'm at the gym to work on making it better. So I used my 30 seconds of courage and packed a sleeveless shirt for last night. I got to the gym last night, I was finally going to do it. Then I pulled the shirt out of my gym bag. Thought something smelled funny. Took a whiff of my shirt. One of the little asshole cats had peed on it. Needless to say, I worked out in a plain cotton T last night. Damn cats. They are free to a bad home.  :tongue:

• Like 3

Hahahahaha! Cats are every fit nerd's nightmare in some way or other. It's why I don't indulge (beyond the fact that our landlord doesn't want pets in the apartment).

Hope you get the chance to try again!

Hahahahaha! Cats are every fit nerd's nightmare in some way or other. It's why I don't indulge (beyond the fact that our landlord doesn't want pets in the apartment).

Hope you get the chance to try again!

I will. It's too stinking hot for sleeves. I was just so proud of myself. I've been mentally working on it for 2 weeks. I just had to laugh.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Stoopid cats!

YAY for getting a sleeveless top into your workout bag - I don't even manage that for yoga.....  Contemplate it, but bail every time......   They're just arms, right?  Not helped by years ago having a bicep competition with male flatmates (not my idea), I won, all of us were grouchy..... Wish large biceped women were a fashion statement.  They definitely help with punch strength.  I like this a lot.  And bass playing, they're great for bass playing.

Utterly cheering you on.

Stoopid cats!

YAY for getting a sleeveless top into your workout bag - I don't even manage that for yoga.....  Contemplate it, but bail every time......   They're just arms, right?  Not helped by years ago having a bicep competition with male flatmates (not my idea), I won, all of us were grouchy..... Wish large biceped women were a fashion statement.  They definitely help with punch strength.  I like this a lot.  And bass playing, they're great for bass playing.

Utterly cheering you on.

I guess the up side is maybe cat pee makes me smell like I'm in ketosis? No, not worth it.  :tongue: It's not so much the biceps I'm worried about as the flabbiness on the underside of my arms. And the American obsession with excess body hair. I've gotten to the point the legs can be shaved or not but I get super stressy about armpit hair. American problems, yo. 

I'm super in support of sleeveless shirts. It's tough to get to that point where you're ready to do it, but don't let those cats get in your way!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

I did it! It was fantastic.

Go you!

Thanks! 

• Like 1

Week 2 was another successful week! For the first time in months I got 3 boxing workouts in! Woot!

I tracked 6 of 7 days and hit my calorie goal on 5. 1 of the 2 days I missed my goal was only by 300 calories. Friday was not so great. I ate way too much and paid for it with a belly ache. 

YNAB is still going good. I'm going to be getting a bit of a windfall in a couple of months that should help me get some of my old debt from when I was being stupid cleared up. I can also make the necessary repairs I need to one of my cars so I can sell it. Hopefully the windfall is going to be enough to get all the old crap square and allow for the 40th birthday trip I want to take. The money from the car is going to get locked away and become a special savings for a new camper. I haven't felt this in control of my money since...probably since I was 16 and still fully invincible. 

I'm meeting Tanner tonight for a training session. My other 2 workouts are going to be Wednesday and/or Thursday and Saturday and/or Sunday. I'm just going to have to see how work pans out. Starting a new field project this week. I'm not the lead tech but I've got a lot of moving parts to cover. Also on the job front, we got a special note from the Superintendent of the airport I was at earlier this summer. The engineering firm was very impressed with our work. Not only is that a nice feather in our cap but it helps our rating in future bids. 

My moods have been all over the place the last week. Father's Day was a lot harder than I wanted to admit.  We also spent the weekend getting the last of Dad's stuffed doled out to us kids so Mom can put the house on the market and move. Definitely an end to an era. 

I have lots of other words right now but Monday is slipping away from me. Hope you all are having a great week! 

• Like 2

1. AWESOME AMAZING JOB wearing a sleeveless shirt!!!! I completely understand how hard that is. Especially at the gym when you feel like you're surrounded by olympian gods.  Or at least I always do.  I've been struggling lately with the shirts I wear there too and you are super inspiring me to suck it up and be comfortable!

2. Cats are jerks.  I have to bring a lint roller with me every where I go.  Because lint rolling before I leave the house is not enough.  Hair always finds its way to me!

• Like 1

Cool. I can imagine that yesterday was pretty rough for you, but at the same time, you seem to have weathered it about as well as you could expect to. All the hugs.

And as for training, yeah, be like water. Go with it. You'll figure it out.

That YNAB sounds pretty amaze. Would you recommend it?

1. AWESOME AMAZING JOB wearing a sleeveless shirt!!!! I completely understand how hard that is. Especially at the gym when you feel like you're surrounded by olympian gods.  Or at least I always do.  I've been struggling lately with the shirts I wear there too and you are super inspiring me to suck it up and be comfortable!

2. Cats are jerks.  I have to bring a lint roller with me every where I go.  Because lint rolling before I leave the house is not enough.  Hair always finds its way to me!

Thanks. The boxing gym is less full of curl bros and cardio bunnies so it's a little less intimidating. Cats are jerks and I'm a crazy cat lady. We still have 4 in the house and 2 outside. We have friends who can't come to our house because they are allergic and there is no way to make the house cat allergy friendly. I love the furry little bastards. 

Cool. I can imagine that yesterday was pretty rough for you, but at the same time, you seem to have weathered it about as well as you could expect to. All the hugs.

And as for training, yeah, be like water. Go with it. You'll figure it out.

That YNAB sounds pretty amaze. Would you recommend it?

The weekend was rough but we survived. My sister was actually being really nice so it worked out well to be together for it. (I love my sis but she is as plagued with mental illness as I am without the self awareness and a solid healthy dose of judgmental Christian.)

I would recommend trying out YNAB. It may not be for everybody and the full license costs $60. But it has a nice lengthy trial to see if it will work. I think Starpuck mentioned something free in an earlier post. Have to see if I can find that. 

• Like 2

The other thing I was going to talk about in my last post was this horrible headache I got Sunday night. My head was hurting a bit when I went to bed then by the time I was ready to try to sleep, it hurt too bad to wear my CPAP mask. The straps around my head felt like a vise. So I took it off and tried to sleep. I was seeing really bright lights when my eyes were closed. It was as bright as if someone was welding in front of me and I wasn't wearing a welding hood. "I had to open my eyes because it was too bright" is not something you ever expect to say. Apparently I have graduated from junior migraines to the real thing. 

Saw Tanner last night. He gave me a brief and gentle lecture on food. (I eat out too much.) Then we did a workout. Squats, body rows, incline bench press, hip lifts and rowing. I did 250m, 300m and 500m on the rowing machine. I like rowing. The only problem with Tanner is that I don't think he really understands depression. I don't think he thought I was making excuses, I just don't think he understands how hard it can be. Have you ever ready Tigana? Great book. Anyway, in the final battle royale, the kings are using magic to make the other side's army feel as though they are fighting up hill. It describes a feeling like a crushing weight on their will. That, my friends, sums up depression pretty well. Glad I'm on the up side right now. 

Food and tracking are still going well. Tonight is no workout, just mowing the yard and doing some chores around the house. Giving my poor legs some time for the DOMS to subside. My body is feeling abused. I've hardly worked out at all and now I've been 4 times in a 6 day period. 

• Like 2

Yeah, that's how I've heard depression described - it's a thing that makes the world very heavy. It's a tough thing to deal with, though I must admit that I have a hard time understanding it as well. But you're on the up, now, like you said. Now is probably the time to hit things as hard as you can so that when the down time comes, you have momentum working for you.

Also, from zero to four in six days? Dang, yeah, that'll leave you sore for a bit.

Thanks. The boxing gym is less full of curl bros and cardio bunnies so it's a little less intimidating. Cats are jerks and I'm a crazy cat lady. We still have 4 in the house and 2 outside. We have friends who can't come to our house because they are allergic and there is no way to make the house cat allergy friendly. I love the furry little bastards. 

I'm actually at a boxing gym too, it is significantly less intimidating than I intially feared in an image sort of way (I only joined 2 weeks ago), but I sitll find it a teeny bit scary sometimes.  I didn't reallly think about the fact that it being a boxing gym might what makes it so much more chill, but I guess that makes sense.

Haha my mom's a crazy cat lady (she has 5) and I'm right behind her building up my collection with only 2 right now, but it will surely grow.  They're such great little jerks :)

The other thing I was going to talk about in my last post was this horrible headache I got Sunday night. My head was hurting a bit when I went to bed then by the time I was ready to try to sleep, it hurt too bad to wear my CPAP mask. The straps around my head felt like a vise. So I took it off and tried to sleep. I was seeing really bright lights when my eyes were closed. It was as bright as if someone was welding in front of me and I wasn't wearing a welding hood. "I had to open my eyes because it was too bright" is not something you ever expect to say. Apparently I have graduated from junior migraines to the real thing. 

Saw Tanner last night. He gave me a brief and gentle lecture on food. (I eat out too much.)

Oof I used to get child migraines when I was tiny.  I grew out of them luckily but I remember how legitimitely awful they were.  Sorry you're going through that/glad you're feeling better by today.. hopefully?

Also, a  huge part of helping me stop eating out was budgeting, because I saw how much money it cost to eat out all the time.  I think eating healthier plus budgeting can really come together for the best here :)