big belated hugs for sunday.  Glad you got through it ok (ish) - hard picking fathers day for sorting out family things - but I guess it gave you all the focus to get together.  Good to remember your Dad.

Superb work on 3x boxing and tanner session!!!!!!!
Great teeshirt!

Am inspired - planning singlet run on saturday.  Cause if Joedog does it then its worth doing!

• Like 1

Yeah, that's how I've heard depression described - it's a thing that makes the world very heavy. It's a tough thing to deal with, though I must admit that I have a hard time understanding it as well. But you're on the up, now, like you said. Now is probably the time to hit things as hard as you can so that when the down time comes, you have momentum working for you.

Also, from zero to four in six days? Dang, yeah, that'll leave you sore for a bit.

The good news is I have been being a lot more active at work so it's not like I went completely sedentary to 4 workouts in 6 days.  :D

I'm actually at a boxing gym too, it is significantly less intimidating than I intially feared in an image sort of way (I only joined 2 weeks ago), but I sitll find it a teeny bit scary sometimes.  I didn't reallly think about the fact that it being a boxing gym might what makes it so much more chill, but I guess that makes sense.

Haha my mom's a crazy cat lady (she has 5) and I'm right behind her building up my collection with only 2 right now, but it will surely grow.  They're such great little jerks :)

Oof I used to get child migraines when I was tiny.  I grew out of them luckily but I remember how legitimitely awful they were.  Sorry you're going through that/glad you're feeling better by today.. hopefully?

Also, a  huge part of helping me stop eating out was budgeting, because I saw how much money it cost to eat out all the time.  I think eating healthier plus budgeting can really come together for the best here :)

You're at a boxing gym too? Soon all the cool kids will be monks.  :tongue:

That headache went away pretty quick. I got back on my crazy pills and took a half a tylenol PM to help me sleep. I was better Monday and right as rain on Tuesday. I take welbutrin so one of the side effects of going off it is really bad headaches. I forgot to take it a few days last week. I've got spares in my book bag now so if I forget before I leave the house, I can take them. 

I think the budgeting is going to help with the eating thing. I already did better last pay check saying either we need to decide to eat out or we need to decide to buy groceries but we can't do both. 

big belated hugs for sunday.  Glad you got through it ok (ish) - hard picking fathers day for sorting out family things - but I guess it gave you all the focus to get together.  Good to remember your Dad.

Superb work on 3x boxing and tanner session!!!!!!!

Great teeshirt!

Am inspired - planning singlet run on saturday.  Cause if Joedog does it then its worth doing!

Thanks. It's a bit easier going through Dad's things because I know my Mom is so happy about finally moving. She's already had 6 or 7 people look at the house and it just went on the market Monday. We are going to look at some for her this afternoon if I can get away from work. 

Trade you a dragon for a cat. lol

YNAB is working out well for me. Thanks again. :)

Reptiles are too high maintenance for this slacker. I'll stick with my obnoxious felines.  :D

Glad YNAB is working! 

• Like 1

This week has been hectic. I had to work until 11 Wednesday night so no boxing. Last night was 8:30. We're on a weird project with a hard deadline so things are going to be weird for the whole weekend. MoDOT promised the public the road would be open on Monday morning and I'm not sure it's physically possible to get the work done. We're just a sub contractor so it's not really our butt on the line. I have a feeling we'll be working both Saturday and Sunday to get our part done though. 

I guess the big news of the day is that I can now get legal married. I never expected that 1) I would ever be able to get legally married and 2) that I would ever want to. So it's a pretty big day. We had a commitment ceremony in 2009 that I consider our wedding day but I guess we're going to make it legal sometime in the near future. LOL, I guess I'm officially on a wedding-day-fit-in-my-tux diet! 

• Like 5

You're at a boxing gym too? Soon all the cool kids will be monks.  :tongue:

Well, I don't actually box at the boxing gym, it was just the cheapest/closest/chilliest option of the gyms around me. But it is a legit boxing gym hahah.  Mike Tyson apparently trained there for a while.

I guess the big news of the day is that I can now get legal married. I never expected that 1) I would ever be able to get legally married and 2) that I would ever want to. So it's a pretty big day. We had a commitment ceremony in 2009 that I consider our wedding day but I guess we're going to make it legal sometime in the near future. LOL, I guess I'm officially on a wedding-day-fit-in-my-tux diet! 

This is so exciting!!! I was so unbelievably happy this morning when I heard the news.  :D

Trying to catch up on all my peeps threads while on the plane, and I got we are skirting a huge ass storm to our north... eep! So glad to see things on the upswing for you sweetie. It's like everything is turning up rainbows! (See what I did there?) Hug hug. Keep up the good work and the smiles.

• Like 1

zomg this makes me want to cry too. <3 <3 <3

I am so excited about this ruling, and I'm so excited you're on a "tuxedo diet." so to speak. yay!

It was kind of an emotional day. I couldn't say exactly why that was the thing that tipped me over the edge. This is something I really didn't think would happen in my lifetime. That's both legal marriage and me actually wanting to be married to someone. We've been married for 6 years and I don't feel like this changes our relationship in any way except now she can have my social security check if I mess around and get squished out on the road. 

I heard this afternoon.  I'm so happy for everyone in the LGBT community in America.  Those laws were passed in 2008 in our country, so I'm so glad you've eventually been given that opportunity.

HUGS xxx

We think we're so great here in the US but we're so far behind on stuff. One of my favorite things to come out of this is all the people crying about how they are moving to Canada because of the decision and not realizing that it's been legal in Canada for 10 years. 

Well, I don't actually box at the boxing gym, it was just the cheapest/closest/chilliest option of the gyms around me. But it is a legit boxing gym hahah.  Mike Tyson apparently trained there for a while.

This is so exciting!!! I was so unbelievably happy this morning when I heard the news.  :D

That's cool to train somewhere that Tyson trained. 

I really thought it would have to be passed by the Court but I still was shocked. I'm still sad about all the disinformation floating around. Like that churches will be forced to perform marriages for same sex couples. It's sad both because there are so many people who know better that want to spread fear and also because there are so many who don't even take the time to learn for themselves. 

Trying to catch up on all my peeps threads while on the plane, and I got we are skirting a huge ass storm to our north... eep! So glad to see things on the upswing for you sweetie. It's like everything is turning up rainbows! (See what I did there?) Hug hug. Keep up the good work and the smiles.

My upswing leveled a bit but I'm ready to start back up. Working 42 hours over 3 days put a crimp in my style. 

Congratulations, JD. That's super-awesome.

Thanks! 

YAY in sooooo many ways for a fit the tuxedo diet!

Congratulations!

Hope you survived the weekend of work.

Plus, brilliant that your mum is feeling positive about moving - that is such a challenge for her.  Great that you can help. 

Sigh, I was informed no tux for this wedding. Oh well.  :tongue:

I barely survived the week. Ugh. I think Mom will probably be moving soon. She got a low ball offer that we rejected but the people came back with a more reasonable offer. Needless to say, we are house hunting this weekend. 

Week 3 ended up not so great. 

I wasn't able to get in any more workouts. I worked 54 hours over 4 days. There just wasn't a lot of time and I was too exhausted to do much. Sunday afternoon we went to a concert and I nearly fell asleep. Choral music is very soothing.  :D

I kind of lost the thread on all my tracking too. But I'm back at it today. PMS hit with a vengeance so I ended up indulging in some craptastic snacks. Yesterday my brain and hormones conspired to tell me all sorts of lies about how not good enough I am. It's the weirdest fracking thing. But it's passed for this go around. The US soccer team cheered me up tremendously last night. 

I've got a good lunch packed for today. I'm going to boxing tonight. I am planning on tomorrow night also depending on when we get done with house hunting. Amy has a meeting she usually goes to so that should give me plenty of opportunity to go. 

I've got a 3 day weekend for the Independence Day holiday. In fact, I'll be able to leave around noon tomorrow if I can get my work wrapped up. Next week looks like night work. Bleh.

Oh and last of all, I have signed up for a 5k as a team with the folks from the boxing club. I toyed around with trying a 10k. I decided not to because I know that without any additional training I can do a 5k. The next couple of months are going to be hectic so I don't know that I'll have time to push out to a 10k. I've got 10 weeks so I'm going to try to run through Couch to 5k just to see if I can improve my time any. 

• Like 4

You've survived your rubbish days and you have some glorious stuff lined up!

YAY for good lunch and boxing and long weekends!

Cheering you on for the 5K!

Shame re no tux for the wedding.  The good news is INFORMAL WEDDING!  How about a kilt?

The funny thing is my beloved has a Mc-family name. They are an offshoot of Clan Buchanan and have been in America since the 1700s. So I asked if I should wear her tartan since I'm joining her clan or find my own tartan. She said I'm overthinking it.  :D  I did spend some time on Ancestry.com today and discovered that I can claim Montgomerie of Eglinton. But I also discovered that if I keep tracking back it turns into one more thread of vikings in my family tree. Someone on Ancestry has delusions of grandeur because I've found a thread that claims I am descendant of Odin. (Add genealogy nerd to my list of nerd-doms) 

Oooh, the running. Have a care, lady. Do it because it's what you enjoy and listen hard to your body.

Glad you got through the hormones and such. Ain't got time for that.

I don't know if I'll ever enjoy running for the sake of running. I just want to do this 5k because it's turned into a team thing from the boxing club. If we have the biggest team we get a private dinner at a local restaurant. I'm doing it to be part of the group. Trying to break out of my isolationist tendencies. 

• Like 2

Oooooh Odins-dotter!       /salutes with fist to chest!      That's awesome hehehe.

Way to go signing up for that 5k, and bravo on listening to your wisdom-meter on not doing the 10k.

I too am struggling with thread activity/motivation on keeping track.     I mean I am doing just fine!  Just feeling hard to keep up this go around. 

• Like 1

Oooooh Odins-dotter!       /salutes with fist to chest!      That's awesome hehehe.

Way to go signing up for that 5k, and bravo on listening to your wisdom-meter on not doing the 10k.

I too am struggling with thread activity/motivation on keeping track.     I mean I am doing just fine!  Just feeling hard to keep up this go around. 

Apparently I'm also descended from Ragnar Lothbrok and Lagertha. I guess I need to watch this Vikings show after all. My first tat (hopefully in the next few weeks) is going to be valkyrie wings on my calf. 

My coach, Mike, is freaking infectious with his motivation. I read his Facebook posts and I'm all do ALL the THINGS! I just had to step back. I don't like to run. I know I can do a 5k even if I have to walk the whole thing. 

I gave myself a super-dose of motivation to lose weight. We ordered new work t-shirts again and I ordered a size smaller. Its not a huge leap. I can wear that size already but they are pretty snug. EEK! I have to do it now. 

• Like 2

YAY for having a mike to motivate you!  Well done for managing the step back into, yep sounds awesome, but not yet.

5k is very do-able - utterly expecting you to be able to run it - but run/walk is completely a recognised training style (intervals anyone?).

YAY for a motivational slightly snug teeshirt.

Ah. Group-suffering. This is an entirely acceptable reason to go out and pound pavement. Carry on. :D

Pretty much the only reason. Although watching the World Cup made me sorry I missed out on the surge of soccer popularity in my area. (Middle America only learned of this game in the early 90s when I was already too old for kid soccer.) 

YAY for having a mike to motivate you!  Well done for managing the step back into, yep sounds awesome, but not yet.

5k is very do-able - utterly expecting you to be able to run it - but run/walk is completely a recognised training style (intervals anyone?).

YAY for a motivational slightly snug teeshirt.

I read your post and my first thought was, "Oh, there is no way I could ever run a whole 5k." What a self defeating attitude! I think I'll set my goal for a sub 45 minute time. That would be a big improvement over my usual 5k time but also seems completely doable. That's what I love about NF. Someone is always around to believe in you even when you don't.  :D

• Like 2

So...week whatever that was...4? Week 4? Not my best challenge week ever. 

I only got one workout. I ate like the continued Independence of the US depended on it and I lost track of everything. Week 5 is a new week. 

I think I'm going to do boxing Tuesday and Thursday. Mike is going to be gone for 3 weeks and I don't like the guy who is taking his spot so I'm going to try to hit Raini's classes instead. I will try to fit in a 3rd boxing but I'm not sure it will happen this week. I might be able to do Saturday morning. We have a birthday party Saturday and a float trip on Sunday. I will be a very grumpy joedog if we can't go floating but on the other hand, if the rain doesn't slow up, I may just be able to float in my yard. 

• Like 3

Well, it's hard to want to train when you don't like the guy who does the training. I wouldn't say suck it up and go, either: productive martial arts training requires being in an environment where you get along with your teacher and your partners.

I ate pretty bad this past weekend too. Got a feeling you're in good company as far as food-related shenanigans and American holidays go. Like you said: it's a new week.

I hope you get to engage in the floating of your choice. ^_^;;

So...week whatever that was...4? Week 4? Not my best challenge week ever. 

week 4 was my potentially very worst challenge week ever, personally. I think there was maybe something in the water. like you say - week 5 is a new week!

• Like 1