Spookyfoot: Baby Steps are the Only Steps

spooky

Thank you so much for your lovely response Emma, I really really appreciate it. 

Don't waste your time on someone who isn't worth it. She sounds like a jerk.

Good advice, I will have to remind my brain about this when it tries to pick on the issue. 

Don't compare yourself to someone else. Their life might not be as wonderful as it appears on the surface. I know a guy who, to the outer world, is a very successful musician (rich!). But on the inside, he is, from what I hear from him, angry that his life didn't turn out the way he wanted. He wanted to be a rock star and instead works mostly as a very good orchestrator, one of the best. But he still is bitter about not being a rock star. I knew a girl in high school who was an award winning jazz singer and oh so much better than anyone else. A few years ago I saw her name mentioned in a magazine somewhere. She had had a mildly successful music career (one or two albums, nothing special)  and now was a drug addict and had no career to speak of anymore.

Another bit of advice to remember. Everyone else's life always looks better from the outside. 

Don't compare yourself to someone else.

Find the path that is right for you. It's not going to be the path that someone else is taking.  People keep telling me I should be a professional musician but it's just not the right thing for me to do. I like taking X-rays. I really really like having a steady paycheck :) And that steady paycheck allows me to take only gigs that I really want to do, instead of taking anything I can find just to pay the rent.

You are just full of great insight and advice!

Give up the damn Facebook or at least restrict your friend list to only real friends. It can be really hard to not compare yourself to what is happening on Facebook. Been there.

I'm really thiking about de-activating it again.  Will have to just avoid it for now though. It does make it really hard not to compare myself

Go into your sad place but be sure to come back out again tomorrow. I will miss you.

Thank you :love_heart:. I think it is a fine line between letting myself be sad and not getting lost in it. I did deal with it in a healthy way today though which I will address in my next post. 

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are. Kurt Cobain.

Love love love this! 

Hugs.

Hugs right back at you!  :love_heart:

• Like 1

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

Dealt with life in a healthy way: a tough weight training session. I told my mom what I was upset about and that I wanted a tough workout. Set a PR with bench press of 55 pounds which helps me feel better. Glad I went to the gym. Still a little down but I know that I have no control over anything but my own life. And I can make it awesome! So I am trying to get back to a positive place.

And you know what? She (A) is totally wrong about one thing, positivity isn't brainwashing; its goddamn hard work. It takes a lot of courage and strength to be a positive person and just laugh when the world throws shit in your face. That is who I want to be, and that is awesome. Thanks for your lovely messages (here and elsewhere)  :love_heart: 

• Like 4

Great job on this challenge!  You tackled a lot and came out successful!  Way to go, lady!!! *fistbump

• Like 1

CC

Level 3 Ranger

STR 2.5 | STA 4.1 | DEX 2.25 | CON 7.6 | WIS 7.4 | CHA 2.03

Current Challenge: on hiatus

Previous Challenges: Ranger June 8-July 19, 2015Recruit April 13-May 25, 2015

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity"

-Abraham Lincoln

100000 years late but 1) amazing job on the challenge.  So glad your numbers showed you how awesome you really did! And 2) Super happy you dealt with life in such a positive way.  Absolutely love what you said about positivity being about hard work and bravery :D So true.

• Like 2

Great job on this challenge!  You tackled a lot and came out successful!  Way to go, lady!!! *fistbump

Thanks! It was successful! *fistbump*

100000 years late but 1) amazing job on the challenge.  So glad your numbers showed you how awesome you really did! And 2) Super happy you dealt with life in such a positive way.  Absolutely love what you said about positivity being about hard work and bravery :D So true.

NEVER TOO LATE FOR RAXIE! I'm really glad my numbers showed me how awesome I did in-spite of my sometimes dumb brain! And thank! I'm happy with how I dealt with it too. I think what I said about positivity is something I will have to return to often. It's just so easy (WHY) to be negative sometimes. But being positive always makes me feel better!

• Like 1