Fell off the wagon for a long time....

It's been a really long time since I've been here. I kinda fell off the wagon.

Okay, I leapt off the wagon and over the edge of a cliff. 

I haven't actually stepped on a scale yet, but I feel like I may have gained another 15 pounds. Even walking from one side of my office building to the other is difficult. Granted, it's a huge office building, but that shouldn't matter.

I had an asthma attack after mowing half of my 1/4 acre yard. 

Honestly, I'm not doing well at all. I have no self-control around food and no desire or even ambition to try and work out. 

I need to do something and I need to do it now. I really don't like salad. It's a texture thing, so I have trouble and feel like I'm torturing myself every single time I eat it. 

What can I do to get my fat ass back in gear? I need to stop my apathy about my health and get on track.

Witchy Ranger

Lose 100lbs by July 15, 2015 (305lbs down to 205lbs)

5%
5%

Measurements:

Start: Neck - 15.5 in       Chest - 49 in       Biceps - 15.5 in       Waist - 45 in       Hips - 55 in       Thigh - 32 in       Calf - 19 in

Current: Neck - 15.5 in       Chest - 49 in       Biceps - 15 in       Waist - 43 in       Hips - 53 in       Thigh - 30 in       Calf - 18 in

I think the important thing I wish I would have realized earlier on was.... regardless of whether it's food or exercise, you need to find something that works with your body and more importantly, something you LIKE.  

For years I struggled with running because I thought running = slim but it's not that way for everyone, especially not me.  I just hate running, I'm not good at it, and the more important red flag was that I would often make excuses not to - I forgot my running clothes, it was too hot out, etc. etc.  Plodding along and doing something you hate isn't going to make the journey worthwhile at all, because fitness truly is a marathon and not a sprint.  Once I realized there were SO many types of exercise out there, it dawned on me that I could try them all to see what I liked..... pilates, yoga, weightlifting, bodyweight exercises, hiking, or just walking, you name it.

I think the same goes for food.  There are certain healthy foods I absolutely cannot STAND (kale is a very good example), but I do like things like fish, avocado, cottage cheese... I try to work with my food tastes and not against them.  Again, there are so many options out there and things to try that you're bound to find something to fit your palate. :)

With both things though baby steps are so important, if you try to go full bore with everything all at once, you'll surely burn out and be left feeling hopeless and that's no fun.  Try something new for lunch one day a week, and slowly expand to two or three days.  Same with exploring exercise.  Setting foundations you can grow on is a huge part of the game!

TL;DR - Exploring all of your many options - slowly but surely -  to find food/exercise that makes you happy is a big (and to me, fun) part of the journey. :)

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

I have fallen off the wagon myself quite a few time since January but I have also restarted a couple times as well.  What has been hard for me personally is about this "falling off the wagon".  Yeah the first day you just want to throw up your hands and say "I

have failed and I will keep doing so, sooo what's the point! *screams it at the top of a mountain as the rain pours down*.  But I found that its best to start changing that perspective on that.  Its been hard but I had to start seeing as less of a major failure and a simple thing that after a brief respite that I can easily start back up again when I'm ready.  Each time I have seen myself recovering quicker and doing better.

Honestly, I'm not doing well at all. I have no self-control around food and no desire or even ambition to try and work out. 

No self control around food, damn I feel ya on that one.  I really love good food, like eating at one of my favorite restuarants and even though the portions are out of control I just inhale it without thinking once that perhaps its best to save half for later.  I also eat very fast because for some reason I think it may disappear off my plate or someone will take it.  So far what I have been doing before there can EVER be an extensive clean up in my diet (as in getting rid of bread...eventually) I decided that the first small step is to just cut down on the portions. That's it.  I started eating on a smaller plate and saving half portions of food in restuarants for lunch the next day.  Granted I have to have my bf take the box and place it away from me because I will start mindlessly eating out of the box. It's tough and I definitely still have my off days but it's expected.  Also just try out different things in tiny tidbits and don't feel downtrodden if it doesn't work.  Wish there was a Connect Four version for that so that at least there is a reward for your efforts. That would be lovely. So tiny baby steps. Nothing crazy. Slow and steady will win this race, and if you trip up just come to us and we will help you back up.

Cleaning up Diet (cut down on sugar, bread, portion size)

1%
1%

Weight loss (180-140)

1%
1%

Starting 1001 Movie blog (50 entries by September)

5%
5%