Aranel's Rather Sketchy and not Wholly Complete Travel Logs.

aR3wAAs4H0jew.gif

Needless to say I am not stellar at updating daily, but it sounds like a good idea. I do keep to other journals  and they seem to keep me on track, but I could really use the community interaction too. So here's to creating a NF Journal of sorts. 

oj2GhTqAIoNIk.gif

A lot is happening to me just now, We are moving to Virginia from Indiana, We're both starting new jobs, mine is only lasting 3 weeks as I am a contract archaeologist so I only work short jobs. We only have two weeks to move and it's 9 hours away. I mean it's crazy. 

So after I spend two weeks moving then I get to spend about three weeks away from the new place in a hotel, then I might get to come home and see my new apartment and then I have to find a either a new project or a new job. Exhausting but fun. 

If you all don't mind I will try to keep track of things here and if you are on either Endomundo or My Fitness Pal look me up, I can use some more friends there. 

Aranel Eraisuithiel

Class/Profession: Half-elf  Druid/Scout – Level 1/1

Current Attributes: STR: 1, DEX: 1, STA: 4, CON: 3, WIS: 4, CHA: 2

Current Challenge:  Aranel Tries This Whole Thing Again

Previous Challenges: Aranel Ventures Forth

Let's try an experiment.

83LWb2PshIJ5C.gif

Looked over my "ambient" activity in a day.

Basically I averaged my pedometer activity and looked at how many calories I was burning just in a regular day. Looks like I wasn't getting near 2000 calories. So, I'm experimenting this coming month.

I've knocked my calorie goal to 1700, that seems to be the average + 50 ( I like round numbers). We'll see if I spike over that number as the month goes on or if I continue to eat under that. I mean, if I don't need 2000 cal in a day, why am I trying to force myself to eat 2000 cal a day? It will be interesting to see if during the weeks I'm digging if that will spike my appetite or not. 

Aranel Eraisuithiel

6/4/15

Well I warned you that this would be irregular.

The good: We found a place to live in Virginia. It's a spacious 1 bedroom and we're pretty happy with it. We've also paired down our belongings pretty hard so there isn't as much to move.

The bad: We still have to pack up the pod and drive to Virginia. Ugh. Also this past week we ate like crap. Grr.

The 6 week challenge starts the day we move so that week is really going to be a challenge. I will stay on target though, I'm doing this for me and I don't want to let myself down.

Aranel Eraisuithiel

Today is the last day we have to move all our stuff. I was unaware as to how much I had accumulated over the years. It's a lot and it creates it's own kind of stress. But we're almost packed so win.

We've also managed to eat decently, which is good. I know that will fall apart in the next two days while we're driving to Virginia. I must remember to order salads with meat and not quick sandwiches or nuggets. I tell you though, after 5 hours of driving you just want whatever you can grab so you can eat and go to sleep.

So anyway, I'm back at packing and cleaning, luck wishes are welcomed.

Aranel Eraisuithiel

hMMfRc0lGq5bi.gif

So we got half our stuff moved, got some replacement furniture and still had time to shop today. Srly all the lifting and walking I've had to do to get my stuff into my new apartment way counts as a workout. But we'll see how I add this all into my 6 week challenge, or if I do. We've cleaned up our eating some, but it's still all resteraunt fair.  Still, I'm doing better than I thought I would at this point, so win!

Aranel Eraisuithiel

So we've gotten moved, gotten most of our stuff unpacked, and gotten back to cooking again. That's a major bonus...and then I left for a dig. 

We kinda lucked out, we've got a supper nice korean supermarket within biking distance to our apartment and they have some decent veggie, meat, and rice meals. However for lunch I've reverted back to a bagel and cream cheese. Mainly I do that because in the summer heat (105 + degrees so far), bagels and jerky are pretty much the only things I can eat and not get sick off of, also since I'm usually not hungry due to the heat, they are things I know I can make myself eat. 

When I get home I eat a microwave meal and some soup, or make a fruit shake with bananas and berries. I've been treating myself with a s'more poptart because 8+ hours in 105 heat mean's I deserve a sweet treat. 

The upside is I've lost about a pound in water weight due to all the sweating.  

Aranel Eraisuithiel

So, yah, last challenge ended poorly, we had some major problems once we got moved, and right now I'm trying to not be depressed, but you know how that goes. One does not simply stop being depressed. 

That said, I'm all aboard for next challenge and am trying the original challenge I wrote out again. I'm nothing if not a realistic optimist. 

I need to find some more nifly gif art to use on these posts. they make me giggle. 

Anyway, there's your update. 

Aranel Eraisuithiel