Easy Listening?

I know, it seems sacrilige to even consider anything that doesn't go 140 bpm, but I don't roll like that.  I find myself distracted and annoyed when I'm listening to fast or "pump-up" music when I'm lifting.  I like me some Van Morrison radio when I'm slamming irons.  Also been enjoying some Hozier radio.  Anyone else?  Am I all alone in a world of trip-hop flex funk? 

• Like 1

In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas.

Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify.

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

You either do it or you die.

Battle Log

I've been listening to Sufjan Stevens during my lifts. It seems so counterproductive but damn is it soothing. I feel a lot less rushed.

"Stay strong until you win against yourself. At the end of the day, you will always be the winner." - Rika Usami

Deadlift Goal: 300 lb (136.078 kg)

71.7%
71.7%

Bodyweight: [start: 185 lb] [Current: 161 lb] [Goal: 135 lb]

44%
44%

I don't know who that is, but that name just sounds chiiiiiiiiill. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Chill as a mofo. You can stream his album for free on his website! http://music.sufjan.com

"Stay strong until you win against yourself. At the end of the day, you will always be the winner." - Rika Usami

Deadlift Goal: 300 lb (136.078 kg)

71.7%
71.7%

Bodyweight: [start: 185 lb] [Current: 161 lb] [Goal: 135 lb]

44%
44%

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I PR mostly to Taylor Swift songs.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I've been listening to Rehab a lot when I train lately. Hardly Taylor Swift, but it's a lot softer than the usual Stone Sour or Anti-Flag.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

I'm a complete nerd because I often listen to video game soundtracks or remixes when I workout.

I had the soundtrack of Assassin's Creed 3 running through my phones as I rode through the streets once.

I'm an obvious Touhou fan, so I currently running Demetori's tracks as I lift:

^ This gets me going when I get to deadlifts!

I'm a bit lazy to make a signature at the moment, but here's some things:

Challenge 2 | Captain's Log

Feel free to add me on Steam to play games with me! PM me before you do though; I get spam messages all the time:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/captMurasa

Most of the time I don't listen to music anymore, but every once in awhile I will.  It's hard to beat "Becoming" by Pantera for squats and deads.

Correction...it's hard to beat EVERY Pantera for squats and deads (along w/ everything else)!!!

ok...an argument could be made against "Planet Caravan" but that's about it!!!

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider