TripleBz - Time to Put Up or Shut Up!

TripleBz

Well, I am back for my 2nd challenge. I really enjoyed the last one and found out a few weaknesses that I have.

My theme for this challenge is "Time to Put Up or Shut Up!" The reason I chose this theme is due to this challenge will end 6 days before my Triathlon. This Challenge is all about being ready and not having excuses.

m6r7z.jpg

Quest 1: Train for that TRI!
The TRI is getting closer each day. I want to make sure I can do the 1500M swim, 40K Bike and 10K run. NO EXCUSES!

A - 5+ Workout days each week (Run, Bike, Swim) (30+ workouts) (+2 STR, +2 DEX)
B - 4 Workout days each week (Run, Bike, Swim) (24+ workouts) (+1 STR, +1 DEX)
F - 3 days or below
Extra credit - If I do 2 brick workouts a week then bonus points (12+ workouts) (+1 STR, +1 DEX)

Quest 2: Drink my water
Drink 3-24oz bottles M-F. I am getting my water in pretty well at home but work is a struggle. I have a 24oz water bottle that I want to drink 3 of.

A - 30 days (+2 STA, +2 CON) (5 times a week)
B - 24-29  days (+1 STA, +1 CON) (4 times on average)
F - 23 or below

Quest 3: Post Updates for Accountability

I am going stop by every couple of days and post updates. I hope this helps me stay accountable.

A - 15 + updates (+1 WIS, +1 STA)
F - Below 15

I am going to try and track everything in HabitRPG.

• Like 2

Level 3 Scout: | STR:7 | DEX:7 | STA:5 | CON:6 | WIS:3 | CHA:3
Challenges: 4 3 2 1
Profile: Strava | LoseIt | Blog

"Please don't nag yourself with the thoughts of failure. Don't set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. Simply do what you can in the best way you know how and the Load will accept your effort." - Gordon B. Hinckley

I think I have my challenge ready to go. Monday is around the corner!

• Like 2

"Please don't nag yourself with the thoughts of failure. Don't set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. Simply do what you can in the best way you know how and the Load will accept your effort." - Gordon B. Hinckley

Well day one in the books! I did really well on the water. I actually got 4 water bottles in by the end of the day. For training I did 2 loops around a little lake that is close to home. Each loop is a 5k. First loop went great but the last loop was a struggle. I made it though and that is what counts!

• Like 2

Well we have made it to day 4. Woke up with a 4 mile run but kept my HR in the 140s instead of the 150s. Was much easier to keep going but my time was slow. I actually enjoyed today's run more than I have other runs. Maybe I need to rethink my strategy. Its not all about the time, its more about the journey!

• Like 2

Yeah, as much as I like getting PRs, running is often about how my body feels when it moves. So, when I find a groove, I just float within that space. Time comes second. Of course, I haven't trained for a race yet so perhaps my priorities will change back and forth.

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Is it just me or is this challenge flying by? We are already into week 2!

This week has been a struggle from the exercise prospective. My body feel tired and it makes it hard to want to get out and do stuff... I am hitting the pool tonight and need to go run tomorrow morning. I am only 5 weeks until my Tri and a tired body is not what I need right now. Just need to keep pushing through this wall I have hit and I will feel better on the other side? Anyone have any ideas for pushing through a plateau or wall?

On the water side, I am doing really well. I feel like it is becoming a habit to keep my water bottle full at my desk. I can get through 3 bottles without much effort. This is a big win for me. I really thought it would be more difficult to get in 100oz of water. Now I just need a bigger bladder!!

I have been using HabitRPG but my progress is slow. I dont have enough habits and dailies in so I rank up slowly. I like the ideas of the app but need to enter more stuff so I can build my rank more. Anyone else using HabitRPG?

• Like 1

Do you know how your body reacts if you try a completely different workout? I'm thinking of the affect that intervals and HiiT have on the human body - forcing it to adapt to a new demand. Maybe it would switch you into the next gear up. A thought.

Congrats on the water, nice effort there.

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Yeah it feels like it is flying by for me too.  Great job on the water progress!  I know Nianne had been using HabitRPG and maybe a couple other folks.  She is at a new demanding job so I am not sure if she is using it currently.

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

It has been a week since my last post. Last week was really busy but I need to do better on being accountable by posting updates.

My workout goals have been doing well. I got in a run 4 times last week, 2 swims and 1 bike ride. The bike ride was nice, it was a cool Saturday morning and the hill climb got my HR up. I hope to do it again this weekend.

I have been doing pretty well with my water goals. Unless I do something stupid, I get my 3 water bottles in easily right now. I hope to keep that up.

I have been enjoying HabitRPG. It is less of a commitment than MyFitnessPal but I enjoy the leveling up part. I should make it to level 3 today. I need to add more goals and dailies to HabitRPG if I want to level up faster.

I hope to talk to you all later this week. Thanks for helping me stay committed!

• Like 2

I'm back checking in again.

Last week was great I got 6 workouts in. 

• 20.5 miles of running. My goal is only 15 miles.
  • 22 miles of biking. My goal is 20 miles.
  • 1 hour of swim (1500 M)
  • My average step count per day last week was over 10000 steps.

Water was good. I got my water goal in each day. I have been over 100oz of water per day for several weeks now. I am starting to feel when I am dehydrated. It helps me get my water in better knowing when I am starting to feel dehydrated.

I need to do better on my check-ins. My days get really busy. I would like to come and update everyone and be accountable, but I am finding this to be a struggle.

This week I am going to take Saturday as a free day. Even though it is a free day, I am still getting in a 20 mile mountain bike ride in Saturday AM. It is one of my favorite trails so I am pretty excited.

• Like 3

Sounds like a fantastic week. Checking in is important, but if you're performing like this when you're not checking in, I'd say your motivation and momentum are just fine!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Hey with all that amazing stuff going on (way to go on running) and planned to do I think most can understand not being able to update.  Computer our out being awesome...not a hard choice.  Hope the next week goes as well and you enjoy your biking Saturday.

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Ugh. I'm back for an update. It has been a tough week at work. Too much going on and I go home exhausted at night.

Work has really impacted my workouts in the last week. Sleep has been more important than exercise. Maybe I need that right now and I'm not going to get discouraged. Next week will be better.

Water is still going well. I keep trucking along.

I will be offline on vacation for a week. Hiking, walking and having fun! Have a good week everyone!

• Like 2

Well I'm back from vacation and entering race week. I finished up Friday and Today with PRs on my 10k run and 40k bike. It feels good going into my TRI Saturday.

Tomorrow is my off day and then I start tapering down to Saturday. How has everyone handled taper weeks before? I am wondering if I should train normal Monday and Tuesday then start tapering Wednesday or start tapering Monday. I am looking for suggestions.

• Like 3