Liz's Chaos Maintenance

This is a NO LONGER a placeholder for my next challenge! And I'm only, you know, two weeks behind. ;D

I'm starting to plan now so I can make goals that actual fit with what I'm going through, rather than... idk, what I wish I was going through. :) This also lines up kind of perfectly with my first 6 weeks at my new job, as well as my last 6 of (currently) 8 weeks in my apartment. 

My situation has changed a bit, as my landlord would like us out by the 17th so he can have a new tenant in at 8/1. Hellooooo stress! I have less than a month to plan a move. SO. This challenge is actually part 1, and my Reset (next challenge, when we're settled into the new digs) will be Part 2.

I'm all over my Captain Planet theme courtesy of Jitters' excellent gifset.

Earth -- 5000 steps/day, 5x/week

Gonna hit the ground running! Well, walking. Good Druids aren't afraid of a little foot-powered transportation.

Air -- 1 min breathing/mantra meditation/day, 7x/week.

Haha taking this one ever so literally. I bombed at my meditation goal last challenge. This challenge, I'm scaling waaaay back. 1 minute, every day, of meditation as simple as I can make it: either sitting with my eyes either closed focusing on my breathing OR reciting a mantra.

Fire -- Pre-moving Stuff Purge (5+ items a week)

Ok, so it's not a fitness or diet goal, but it is a sanity goal. I cannot handle moving with All. This. Stuff. Even though we'll likely be hiring a mover because of the shorter timeline. 

Water -- One Coffee, ~75oz fluids/day, 7x/week

Another literal. I have an actualfax mathematical number breakdown to stay on top of this, based on where my body seems happy:

8oz (when I get up) + 10oz (Single Coffee) + 20oz (AM, work water bottle) + 20oz (PM, work water bottle) + 8oz (dinner) + 8oz (before bed)

Heart (Life side quest!) -- Continue my Pathfinding assignments.

This one is a little vague, and I know that's kind of a no-no because SMART goals are the best for actual achieving of things but ah well. I'm actually working with a coach, because even with the job and the moving and everything, I feel like there's still more change a'coming. :)

~*~ WanderingLiz ~*~

(no longer wandering off the path of health) 

Current Challenge:  | Previous Challenges: Finding Peace of MindChaos Maintenance!

let-our-powers-combine-o.gif

WJDyZ2yAZnDGw.gif

Can't wait to see what you come up with.  Rock on!  And in case you need the individuals:

Earth:

tumblr_msrus0JRfb1rk461to1_r2_250.gif

Fire:

giphy.gif

Wind:

KT0dndl.gif

Water:
QkES7OO.gif

Heart:

tumblr_n4fs77oXxe1s5e5bko5_250.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I'm glad I can help inspire.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

OMG! I am pretty embarrassed. I started a new job this week and today two close friends got married. I didn't even REALIZE challenge started this week. [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's okay! There is still a lot of challenge! Better late than never! Happy you are back  :)

• Like 1

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

Skipped week 1 due to brainlessness! Week 2 will be mostly zeros since I didn't "settle" on goals until today! XD Thus, not robust tracking.

Earth (5000 steps/day, 5x/week): 0/5

Total (over the week): 21,638 steps

Avg: 3,091 steps

(not sure about tracking total/avg here since I'm not doing daily, but getting the numbers isn't hard...)

Air (1m meditation/day, 7x/week): 0/7

Total: 5m

Fire (5+ items purged/week): 6/5!

(3 shirts, unopened pack of sheets, 2x returned purchases)

Water (1 coffee, ~75oz fluids/day, 7x/week): 0/7

Total oz: 263oz

Avg oz: 38.7oz

Heart (Pathfinding assignment of the week): 1/1!

• Like 2

~*~ WanderingLiz ~*~

Current Challenge:  | Previous Challenges: Finding Peace of MindChaos Maintenance!

Week 3!

Earth (5000 steps/day, 5x/week): 0/5

Total (over the week): 

Avg: 

Air (1m meditation/day, 7x/week): 0/7

Total: 

Fire (5+ items purged/week): 6/5!

Water (1 coffee, ~75oz fluids/day, 7x/week): 0/7

Total oz: 

Avg oz: 

Heart (Pathfinding assignment of the week): 0/1

~*~ WanderingLiz ~*~

Hm. Monday was a bit of a wobbly start to the week, both for me and for my challenge goals. Hoping that writing it out gives me some oomph to improve. :)

Oz. water - 28 (not including a very sugary midday coffee and a Starbucks frappe in the evening >.<)

Meditation - 1m!

Steps - 2880/5000

• Like 1

~*~ WanderingLiz ~*~

It may be a wobbly start but it's a start which is the important bit.

*FACT*. And thank you for reminding me. [emoji4]

On to Tuesday reflection!

Oz. water - 70! Much improved. I may have actually have met my goal of 74 but unsure. ^.^

Meditation - 1m!

Steps - 1708/5000. Not actually accurate, I was wearing a dress yesterday and didn't have pockets to carry my phone for tracking. Back to contemplating a FitBit investment.

• Like 1

~*~ WanderingLiz ~*~

Well done, Liz.  You're doing great.

tumblr_mp3o6geBHc1qcga5ro1_500.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Seems like the chaos maintenance is a little less...chaotic :tongue:. You are doing really well! Keep it up! :D

Haha the week has been fairly chaotic. I ended up having a panic attack about our recently accelerated move date on Wednesday, but having some simple and consistent goals has been helpful! Thank you for the encouragement!! [emoji173]ï¸

Recapping Friday!

Oz water - 66, so damn close. I did have two beers with dinner that aren't counted.

Steps - 5170!!

Meditation - 1m! This was a sitting and breathing day, not a mantra day.

Today is a slower day; storms and subsequent migraines make progress difficult. :(

• Like 1

~*~ WanderingLiz ~*~

I'm embarrassed to admit, I was demoralized enough after this challenges "slip" in updating that it's taken me the last week to work up posting. I guess at least this time I came back before it was over? And I've been tracking my steps and water.. but still, poofing for two weeks. Sigh. 

Here's some totals (some tracking is better than none!):

Week 3 Steps: 26244 (hit goal twice)

Week 4 Steps: 22,311 (hit goal twice)* (One day lost to a migraine)

Week 5 Steps: 13,541 (so far)

Water is kind of frustrating -- apparently I lost all my tracking history on a recent app update. Then I switched to using the FitBit app, but very recently. What I can say is I haven't hit my goal yet this week.

Meditation was going fairly strong until this week, when I changed my schedule around and started doing my freelance stuff in the morning before Day Job, and reading before bed. Somehow that resulted in me stalling out a bit. But I have done timed listenings to the Calm app at least twice, so it's not fully off my radar. :)

Stuff purge is getting ramped up this weekend. We move Thursday!!! Holy shit that's soon. Because I have priorities, I've already ordered internet for the new digs. So I won't be disconnected from my fellow nerds for too too long.

Pathfinding homework, at least, has been getting consistently completed. Solid win.

Ok, maybe I don't suck too much. This is chaos maintenance, after all.  :topsy_turvy:

• Like 1

~*~ WanderingLiz ~*~

So, some real-talk here (if depression bugs you, skip to the bottom where I've included a cute kitten).

I got on the scale today. My hands are still shaking actually (although that may be dehydration, I haven't had more than a few sips of water today).

I was shocked and horrified when I first saw that number. "WTF Liz."

Then I went to my app to look at how much that means I've gone up. (I've had a Withings smart scale for years, it's been super helpful)

And there's a little banner "Congratulations! You've hit a new low weight."

Seriously?

"This is the first time in more than 60 days that your weight has dropped below 261lbs."

Well, hot diggity damn.

But I'm already in my spiral. I'm beating myself up. Why can't I do better? Why don't I focus? Why don't I work out more?

The whole "Chaos maintenance" isn't just life chaos. It's the chaos in my head... the reason why I go to therapy and am on medication. Times past, this spiral would send me sobbing to bed for 3+ days. I've always been heavier. I've always loathed myself. And it sucks. It straight up sucks.

Right now, I'm not sobbing. I'm shaky, but I'm not sobbing.

And now, PROMISED KITTEN!

4af0931d8e0958a6f1289d43525ab7a57dd39432

~*~ WanderingLiz ~*~

So, some real-talk here (if depression bugs you, skip to the bottom where I've included a cute kitten).

I got on the scale today. My hands are still shaking actually (although that may be dehydration, I haven't had more than a few sips of water today).

I was shocked and horrified when I first saw that number. "WTF Liz."

Then I went to my app to look at how much that means I've gone up. (I've had a Withings smart scale for years, it's been super helpful)

And there's a little banner "Congratulations! You've hit a new low weight."

Seriously?

"This is the first time in more than 60 days that your weight has dropped below 261lbs."

Well, hot diggity damn.

But I'm already in my spiral. I'm beating myself up. Why can't I do better? Why don't I focus? Why don't I work out more?

The whole "Chaos maintenance" isn't just life chaos. It's the chaos in my head... the reason why I go to therapy and am on medication. Times past, this spiral would send me sobbing to bed for 3+ days. I've always been heavier. I've always loathed myself. And it sucks. It straight up sucks.

Right now, I'm not sobbing. I'm shaky, but I'm not sobbing.

And now, PROMISED KITTEN!

4af0931d8e0958a6f1289d43525ab7a57dd39432

I lose weight the same way. If my mom and I both go onto a diet & exercise program, I'll lose 5 ounces while she'll lose 5 pounds. It's frustrating. I've seen her go from a size 18 to a 8 in a couple of months. Meanwhile I go from a size 18 to a 16.

Maybe after you settle into your new place, you'll be able to find time to workout more. Every time I've moved, which has been 6 times in 5 years, I become unable to focus on anything but the move and get into a really bad cycle of eat pizza, pack, sleep, and repeat.  If you want a quick yoga routine, I highly recommend Tara Stiles' yoga podcast on iTunes. It's free and she has a lot of 3-5 minute routines. (And you can copy the files from iTunes to your computer and play them with you favorite media player.) My personal favorite for an "I'm feeling lazy" day is couch yoga.

Level 6 Druid

My Journey:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Battle Log Photo Album Character Twitter

Carry the sun inside you, and reach out for the dreams that guide you. You have everything you need to take you where you want to go. -Douglas Pagels

Ok...maintaining the chaos in your head, hardest thing ever.

*hugs*

You are doing it, a little bit every day is better than no bits, so try not to beat yourself up...the only thing that helps me is to think about how I would treat a friend, or a kitten, who felt and said what I did...and I (and you) would NEVER treat them that way, and whether you believe it at the moment or not, you deserve better treatment too :wub:

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn