Princess Pineapple Survives The Zombie Apocalypse

By the way Gunslinger, I used to have a full size cardboard Jean-luc Picard in my living room. Used to scare the hell out of me in the night.

I'm now questioning my very existence because I don't have a full size Jean-Luc Picard cardboard in my living room.

• Like 4

Follow me on Strava or Garmin Connect

"My doctor told me that jogging could add years to my life. I think he was right. I feel ten years older already."
--Milton Berle

By the way Gunslinger, I used to have a full size cardboard Jean-luc Picard in my living room. Used to scare the hell out of me in the night.

Everyone should have one of those. (I don't have it as well, though. :() Also there is a good chance it would cause me a heart-attack at night as well. Could be worth it, though? :lol:

I think Athena's workout suggestion is great. (And also your running group seems to be awesome!) You'll manage those upcoming weeks! :) Even if it is a bit more difficult. 

• Like 2

So I've been away for a few days and it's meant I haven't been fully focused. I did manage to run three times this week and keep up with my water intake every day except Friday. I was walking around a lot and then had a four hour drive so I planned badly.

I've been so tired from being away I have couch potatoed it although I did run today. I even convinced my partner to come with me. That's a side quest win!

I'd better go and catch up with the rest of you!

• Like 4

So I've been away for a few days and it's meant I haven't been fully focused. I did manage to run three times this week and keep up with my water intake every day except Friday. I was walking around a lot and then had a four hour drive so I planned badly.

I've been so tired from being away I have couch potatoed it although I did run today. I even convinced my partner to come with me. That's a side quest win!

I'd better go and catch up with the rest of you!

If you get a run in, that day does not count as a couch potato day!  Nice job on your week!

• Like 1

"My doctor told me that jogging could add years to my life. I think he was right. I feel ten years older already."
--Milton Berle

If you get a run in, that day does not count as a couch potato day!  Nice job on your week!

I second that, runs don't count as couch potato days

• Like 1

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

Hehe.  I feel like I'm 'couch potatoing' a lot during this challenge, because my workouts make me sore, and when I'm not working out I kind of just want to sit still and take it easy.

Great work keeping going.  How's week three shaping up so far for you?

• Like 1

Level 1 NPC Assassin

Strength: 2Dexterity: 0 Stamina: 3 Constitution: 1 Wisdom: 4Charisma: 0

Current Quest  |  Previous Quest Current Stats

Weight Loss Goal: 40 of 116 lbs; 296 to 180

{progress='1e90ff'}34.5{/progress}

Hehe.  I feel like I'm 'couch potatoing' a lot during this challenge, because my workouts make me sore, and when I'm not working out I kind of just want to sit still and take it easy.

Great work keeping going.  How's week three shaping up so far for you?

Not too bad. Water intake is good and I did a big run (by my standards) tonight.

I did a 3 minute run, 1.5 minute walk, 5 minute run, 2.5 minute walk and then repeated it. I slowed down on the last 30 seconds of running but it's a five minute increase on last week's runs! Hoping to get to the gym tomorrow.

• Like 5

Not too bad. Water intake is good and I did a big run (by my standards) tonight.

I did a 3 minute run, 1.5 minute walk, 5 minute run, 2.5 minute walk and then repeated it. I slowed down on the last 30 seconds of running but it's a five minute increase on last week's runs! Hoping to get to the gym tomorrow.

That sounds great!  I applaud your improvement :nevreness:

3736352562_ebcf2c581c_b.jpg

• Like 4

Level 1 NPC Assassin

I like pilates, too! And it can be so hard. :nightmare:  Now I sometimes do some workouts at home (btw, blogilates is nice, but she is so hyper, I'm always torn :D). But especially at the start I really appreciated going to the class so that someone could correct my movements. I bet I could still use that help at times, but... if I have the time and motivation I usually go to yoga classes at the moment. Now I want to do pilates again, though. Good idea! 

I've been thinking hard about the mini challenge for week 3. For me it's it the nagging self doubt, especially when I felt that I'd failed when running last week.

I found this article on Self Fulfilling Prophecy In real life I live by the fake it until you make it mantra. So I don't know why I am so negative when it comes to my fitness plan. I didn't do much sport at school due to my scoliosis and misinformation. I was often told I couldn't do sports. The teachers meant not allowed but I obviously heard, and remembered, could not.

So I will now focus on positive thoughts not "I can't do it" "this will be hard". If I keep putting in the mental effort thinking I can run for half an hour then I will be able to run for half an hour, especially as I am putting in the physical effort. Surprisingly the mental effort is harder than the physical effort!

• Like 4

I've been thinking hard about the mini challenge for week 3. For me it's it the nagging self doubt, especially when I felt that I'd failed when running last week.

I found this article on Self Fulfilling Prophecy In real life I live by the fake it until you make it mantra. So I don't know why I am so negative when it comes to my fitness plan. I didn't do much sport at school due to my scoliosis and misinformation. I was often told I couldn't do sports. The teachers meant not allowed but I obviously heard, and remembered, could not.

So I will now focus on positive thoughts not "I can't do it" "this will be hard". If I keep putting in the mental effort thinking I can run for half an hour then I will be able to run for half an hour, especially as I am putting in the physical effort. Surprisingly the mental effort is harder than the physical effort!

I really like that article.  Good find!  The part about "giving yourself permission to suck early on" really spoke to me.  Often the fear of not being perfect prevents me from even trying.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

Gryph

Level 1 Recruit

STR: 2.00 - DEX: 0.78 -  STA: 1.00 - CON: 3.15 - WIS: 0.80 - CHA: 0.80

Gryph's First Challenge

Great job, Princess! I've never tried Pilates but I've wanted to. I may have to break down and find some classes around here. I really like that article you found, I'm definitely going to have to keep several parts of that in mind! I've never considered myself athletic but I would like to.

• Like 2

Battle Log

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

Running and knocking out pilates is great!  On the self talk you said you are going to focus on the positive which is awesome.  I, like many, have similar thoughts and I find that saying "I can do" is not as good as saying "I will do it".  Subtle difference but when it is hard for me saying "this is hard, awesome, and I will do it" just takes me that bit further.  

• Like 2

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Week 3 hasn't been great on the targets front. I only ran twice and went to the gym once, I did drink all of my water though.

I was away for two nights this week and that messed up my schedule, I had headaches earlier in the week so missed running. It's all excuses, I know.

I went out running tonight, by myself. I managed to do about 3.5 km in 30 minutes, running for about 15 minutes in total. I was pleased as it was really warm tonight and I was struggling. However I seemed to pace myself much better than I did last time I went out alone.

I've got Pilates booked for the morning and a group run tomorrow night. I'm suddenly motivated again.

• Like 6

Week 3 hasn't been great on the targets front. I only ran twice and went to the gym once, I did drink all of my water though.

I was away for two nights this week and that messed up my schedule, I had headaches earlier in the week so missed running. It's all excuses, I know.

I went out running tonight, by myself. I managed to do about 3.5 km in 30 minutes, running for about 15 minutes in total. I was pleased as it was really warm tonight and I was struggling. However I seemed to pace myself much better than I did last time I went out alone.

I've got Pilates booked for the morning and a group run tomorrow night. I'm suddenly motivated again.

Nice job!  Sounds like great forward progress!  Motivation is funny how it ebbs and flows.  Glad it's flowing for you!

• Like 1

--Milton Berle

You are making progress.  You are making good choices.  Not every choice has to be a good choice for us to be doing better and getting better.

I am pleased with you and proud of you.  Keep on keeping on.

autumn-leaves-success-quote-cat-cat-wisd

• Like 1

Level 1 NPC Assassin