Iceburner #2: The road to awesomeness...

2nd challenge, first one with the Assassins. Wohooo! :excitement:

I mastered my first challenge pretty well, but it was all about persistance, not performance. So let's kick it up a notch and have more goals that require performance... not too much though, they still have to be achievable by me ;)

The last 1 1/2 weeks I'll be on vacation, so I also have to take that into account.

Goal 1:

:topsy_turvy:
Description: Inspired by Chris Salvato's post, I want to be able to kick-up into a handstand and remain there for at least 3 seconds. No wall, just me and my crappy balance. Because to me, that would be awesome!
How: Follow Chris' training in the post
Ratings:
A - Be able to kick-up into a handstands and remain there for 3 seconds. Goal achieved? No further questions asked.
B - Not ready for A? At least I am able to kick-up against a wall and stand there for 15 seconds. Also I trained at least 36 out of 42 days (5 minutes per day).
C - Kick-up against a wall and stand there for 5 seconds. Also trained for at least 30 out of 42 (5 minutes per day)
D - Ok, I can walk up into a wall handstand with my hands 12 inches (30 cm) away from the wall. Also I trained 24 of 42 days (5min/day)
Attributes: STR: 2 + DEX: 3

Handstand exercises:
11.6%
11.6%

Goal 2:
:smiley_simmons:
Description: Though I'm not really confident I'll be able to achieve this goal in the next 6 weeks, I'll go for it anyway and just do it!: One clean Pull-Up! Because it's awesome!
How: Follow Steve's training in this post
Ratings:
A - One Clean Pull-Up!
B - Still stuck with the negative and assisted Pull-Ups/Chin-Ups , but at least trained hard for it in 13 workouts.
C - Still stuck with the negative and assisted Pull-Ups/Chin-Ups , but at least trained for it in 9 workouts.
D - Still stuck with the negative and assisted Pull-Ups/Chin-Ups , and just trained for it in 6 workouts.
Attributes: STR: 4 + STA:1

Workout with focus on Pull-Ups:
35.7%
35.7%

Goal 3:
:eagerness:
Description: An all or nothing goal: Sign up and go to the rope climbing introduction class! Easy enough, if not for my fear of height... or maybe it's just the fear of falling. Anyway, climbing: hopefully awesome!
Ratings:
A - Book a class and go there...
F - Anything else
Attributes: STR: 1 + DEX: 1 + STA: 1

Class booked and attended:
0%
0%

Life Goal: 30-Days On time challenge
Description: Lately I let my punctuality slip a bit. So let's be punctual for 30 consecutive days. Not really awesome, but neccessary. :)
Higher power exception! (e.g: If I'm in time for the flight, but the flight is delayed and therefore I'm not in time for the connection flight, I am excused)
Ratings:
A - Be 30 consecutive days on-time
B - 25 days
C - 20 days
D - 2 times 15 days
Attributes: WIS: 1 + CHA: 1

Consecutive days on time:
10%
10%

Updates:

week 1
week 2
weeks 3-6 and summary
  • Like 2

Iceburner

Lvl. 7 Human, (Lvl. 5 Assassin, Lvl. 2 Rebel)

STR: 13.25 ~ DEX: 6.5 ~STA: 14.25 ~ CON: 9 ~ WIS: 15 ~ CHA: 10

Current Quest: #9 - Finding the balance in mind and body

Battle Log

Finished Quest (challenge): #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #7, #8

Aborted Quest (challenge): #6

"Kaizen!!!" 

weight loss goal (92kg -> 87kg): |----------------------->| (currently 86.3)

waist loss goal (109cm -> 94cm): |--------->____________| (currently 103)

pull-ups (0 -> 10): |->____________________| (currently 0)

push-ups (0 -> 50): |------>_______________| (currently 12)

Subbed for another six weeks of awesome. 

• Like 2

"How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

-Chouji Akimichi 

33.33%
33.33%

BBWW: 6 of 18

37.5%
37.5%

Yoga: 9 of 24

46.15%
46.15%

Brown bag lunch: 12 of 26

Current

Goal 3: Ain't no mountain high enough :eagerness:

Description: An all or nothing goal: Sign up and go to the rope climbing introduction class! Easy enough, if not for my fear of height... or maybe it's just the fear of falling. Anyway, climbing: hopefully awesome!

Do it!  If you end up feeling that intimidated by the wall, keep in mind that you don't have to climb all the way to the top on your first visit.  You can gradually try to increase your comfort zone by climbing a little higher each time, until you're kind of over the fear of heights.  Also, you can ask your belayer (that's the guy on the other end of the rope) to give you very little slack, so you'll feel that the rope has tension the entire time you're climbing.  Sometimes, feeling a little tension in the rope can be comforting to new climbers.  

You won't fall, you'll enjoy that adrenaline rush when you get high on the wall, and it will be awesome!  

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Hello again!  Subbed!  And yes, do the climbing!  I'm afraid of heights too, but honestly... when I'm climbing, I'm looking up and my mind is focused on planning my moves, keeping me from looking down.  That and I keep my body pretty close to the wall, so it's kind of awkward to look down anyway.  At least in the gym.  Climbing outside is a whole different ball game lol.  You can do eet!

• Like 1

Level 3 Human Assassin

Challenges: 21

Hi everyone and thanks for dropping by.

Had a setback already on day 2:

First of all came in late for work :playful:  Nevermind, that most of my colleagues were not there yet, but I wasn't there at the time that I had set for myself, so hmpphhh :neglected: So much for punctuality. In the the evening I met with some friends in the gym and when I exited one of my wall-handstands I hit my knee at the metal plate screwed to the column I was leaning against. That resulted in a deep cut and some blood. Nothing bad really, but inconvenient.

To support the healing I did nothing the last 2 days (except for walking 10k steps) and I guess I will try to reduce the upcoming workouts to upper body exercises and try not to sweat too much at the knee ;)

Additionally I forgot to take into account that I am visiting a friend this weekend which will make working out even harder.

I'll try my best to finish the week strong anyway, but I really hope week 2 will go better for me... :moody:

Anyway...

Slytherin, yay :)

• Like 1

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

Ok, time for  an update regarding my first week.

I didn't do any additional workouts after the one on Tuesday. I was visiting friends, since one of them threw his Disputation Party, and here that's kind of a big thing. Anyway the week ended with quite some drinking and good food, though overall way too many carbs for my taste. The cut at my knee heals well though, so it's good that I had this rest.

Of course that means I didn't do anything for the mini/challenges or the handstands or the pull up until today.

Regarding being punctual for 30 days, I had another setback. On Friday I forgot my suit at home, so I had to go back and get it and thus missed my train. It just good, that I had no time commitments on Saturday and Sunday. So I am 100% punctual for 2 days in a row...

Sooo, to put it in numbers:

Goal 1: Handstand exercises 2/7

Goal 2: Workouts with focus on pullup 1/3

Goal 3: climbing class booked, no

Lifegoal: consecutive days on time 2/7

While this doesn't really sound great, I am not at all demotivated. Today (Monday) I was on time for everything and had a pretty good workout, where I worked on my pull ups and on increasing my AMRAPs. Also good food intake (though not part of the challenge).

So let's go for a great week 2!

• Like 1

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

Good job with increasing those AMRAPs, my fellow Slytherin!

Now go schedule that climbing class.  The worst thing that could possibly happen is that you could find out that you don't care for climbing, so there's no real reason to delay things.  Just do it.  :)

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Hey Iceburner, sorry to hear that you cut your knee but I'm glad to hear that it is healing well. I can relate on a first week full of friendly festivities and less than favorable faire.

I'm curious to know your method to keep yourself punctual. Are you setting reminders, using habit rpg, setting things out the night before? I try to plan ahead but sometimes my laziness gets the best of me so I'd love to hear what you do.

• Like 1

"How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

-Chouji Akimichi 

33.33%
33.33%

37.5%
37.5%

46.15%
46.15%

Current

Eh, it's so inconvenient when life goes around interfering in your plans. Glad you've still got the motivation!

• Like 1

Level: 2

STR 2.8| STA 1.6 | DEX 1.8 | CON 5.2 | WIS 3.8 | CHA 1.8

Challenge: 6-week challenge (assassin)

Quote: "Suck it up now so you don't have to suck it in later"

7-8hrs of Sleep

9%
9%

Healthy Eating

12%
12%

Exercise

9%
9%

Lose Weight: Starting weight = 50 kilos

0-ish%
0-ish%

Ok, still haven't scheduled class, but the knee is fine. Thanks to "The Duel" I was very motivated to hit the gym and work on my pull-ups. :)

@B_ex: I just try to be more aware of the time and take the effort to leave early for every scheduled event. I say try, because my streak ended yesterday, when I talked to some colleagues in the coffee corner and then forgot about the time, thus coming late to the next meeting. 5 1/2 days. Well, at least I improve.

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

Soooo,

overall I can say that week 2 went well... at least better than week 1. Did 3 workouts where I did quite some pull-ups and handstand (related) exercises. Thanks to the duel mini challenge I tried hard with the pull ups, so, yay.

Goal 1: handstand (related) exercises 3/7

Goal 2: pull-up focus 3/3

Still haven't booked the climbing class, since I wanted to sync with my wife and room mate to go together. Since we continuously had guests the last 1 1/2 weeks, I keep forgetting it. I'm also starting to worry that I break something before vacation and wonder at the same time when I started in general to worry so much.

Goal 3: climbing class booked, no

Regarding punctuality: I have a theory how it happened that I let my punctuality get worse the last year. I have to wait a lot for my friends. There's no way being punctual when e.g. waiting for a whole group of friends to get ready to go for dinner somewhere and then be in time for the reservation. So I won't count those occasions, where we are late as a group (as long as I got ready on time). Nonetheless I managed to be late at the gym yesterday. Bad, bad, bad...

Lifegoal: consecutive days on time 5 1/2 days (second best 3 days)

To end with a positive note: We (Slytherin) won our first Quiddich match! :) And I did burpees and don't hate them anymore. But mabe because I did a moderate amount of them distributed over a long period of time.

Go, go, go for week 3 :)

• Like 1

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

It is so hard to be punctual when other people are involved! I have learned to tell my boyfriend we need to be places earlier than we actually do so we're not late.

When is your vacation? Also, isn't climbing relatively safe since you will have safety gear?

Cheers to an improved week 2. Go, go, go week 3!

• Like 1

-Chouji Akimichi 

33.33%
33.33%

37.5%
37.5%

46.15%
46.15%

Current

Good strategy with your boyfriend :)

Vacation starts on 8th of July and of course you are right about the safety of climbing. It's just reasonsless worrying, that's all.

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

Since I hate to leave loose ends unattended, I finally sum up the weeks 3-6 and my challenge here.

To make it short: I strayed from the path towards awesomeness and did nothing to reach my goals in the weeks 3-6. I accounted for my vacation, when planning them, but not for my efforts looking for a new job. I prioritized those efforts so I'm not completely bummed out. So here are the results:

Goal 1: Handstand exercises 5/42, rating F: no points

Goal 2: Workouts with focus on pullup 4/13, rating F: no points

Goal 3: climbing class booked, no, rating F: no points

Lifegoal: consecutive days on time 5 1/2 days (second best 3 days), rating F: no points

So no attributes and although I participated in some Nerdwarts Duel and Quidditch, I deny myself the level-up. I will do better next time.

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!"