My quest to become a Jedi (with a purple lightsaber, duh)

So I figured I should start a daily battle log because I'm really motivated by everyone else's.

My problem is eating healthy, so don't judge when I start posting my eating habits. I don't consume many calories each day (not on purpose, just because I have a small appetite) so I'm going to try to start taking in more quality calories every day. You'll probably notice a lot of Dr. Pepper until I ween myself off of it. Pretty sure it's an addiction now.

Lucky for me, I love working out, so that's one less thing to worry about. I try to hit up a crossfit METCON class 5-6 days a week and I'm trying to get back into the habit of strength training every MWF, because I love lifting (relatively) heavy things. I'm also trying to do yoga or meditate daily, because I desperately need to stop worrying as much as I currently do, and rumor has it those things can help! 

• Like 1

smbuckley23 | level 2 | Spartoi Ranger Recruit

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 5 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Becoming Princess Leia | Battle Log

"Be a force of nature"

Do you have other goals besides "start taking in more quality calories"? Maybe fitness goal? :)

Well my specific goals would be back squatting 200lbs (last time I did a 1RM I hit 185) and doing a strict pull-up! I can do kipping pull-ups but I know that everyone says those are cheating!

• Like 1

"Be a force of nature"

June 1st, 2015

Workout

Tabata, 4 rounds, 8 cycles each round

Round 1: Planks

Round 2: Lunges (94)

Rd 3: Sit-ups (73)

Rd 4: Squats (103)

Ran about 1/3 of a  mile, maybe a little more. I wanted to run a little because it's one of my biggest weaknesses, but I forgot my running shoes and anyone who's ever tried to run long distance in Nanos knows how much that sucks.

Food

I didn't eat very well so I'm not going to shame myself by announcing to the world all the crap I put in my body today  :nightmare: Although I did have pork chops and broccoli for dinner, so that cancels out the bad right? Lololol

Overall

Ok so I didn't eat that great, but I did take in a lot of water which is usually difficult for me for some reason. Plus I got two new pairs of Nano 4.0s (that I definitely needed) to replace my old 2.0s :biggrin-new: it was a sale and I couldn't decide which color, so as the girl on the taco commercial says, "Why don't we have both?" (someone please know which commercial I'm talking about)

Also, on an un-health related note, I'm currently in the middle of finishing Star Wars Episode IV for like the fifth time in two weeks.

"Be a force of nature"

June 2, 2015

Workout

10 rounds

10 push-ups

10 sit-ups

10 squats

Time: 13:17

I was really happy because I did all 100 push-ups normally, not on my knees! I used to be decent at push-ups, but for some reason within the last year my abilities have deteriorated. But not today!

Food

Terrible. Honestly I ate like nothing today. I don't think I had anything except a cinnamon roll for breakfast, and I didn't even feel hungry most of the day. Does anyone know why this might be? I'd really love some advice about this!

Overall

I spent most of the day at the beach and pool which is always fantastic! Like I said, I was very happy with my workout, but I seriously miss lifting heavy things! That's the one reason I'm excited to get back home: heavy cleans and squats! Tomorrow I will be paddle-boarding for the first time ever, and rumor has it that's a really good core/upper body workout. I'm going to make a serious attempt to eat a reasonable amount of food tomorrow. Wish me luck.

"Be a force of nature"

June 3, 2015

Workout

Well, I was very successful in my first attempt at paddle-boarding! I was the only one who didn't fall  :highly_amused: After working my upper body all day doing that, I decided to find a strictly lower body workout to do in the evening, so I did this

20 min AMRAP

3 tuck jumps

3 squats

3 broad jumps

Total: 34 rounds

Holy crap it was hard. The original workout just called for five rounds, but I didn't think that sounded like enough so my boyfriend suggested doing it for 20 mins. I almost cut it down to 15 minutes once I got a few minutes in and realized how hard it was going to be, but I finished!

Food

Honestly don't remember. I might just stop including this section for a while.

Overall

I felt really great today! All my muscles were exhausted in the best way. Paddle boarding and kayaking were both really fun. Also, we went to this zoo and it was really small but you could play with certain animals, so I got to hold a baby kangaroo and play with lemurs! They also had this one thing where if you made a reservation like 3 weeks in advance and paid $50 a person you could play with baby tigers..wow I was so jealous of all the people who got to do that. They were seriously the cutest things ever.

"Be a force of nature"

June 4-7, 2015

I sincerely apologize to all zero people who pay attention to this for not posting the past few days. I ended up getting an infection and was in excruciating pain because I refused to go to the doctor until I got home form vacation. Well I ended up going to urgent care on the last day of our trip and I got an antibiotic and am now feeling much better! I actually did do a couple workouts in that time span, so I'll try to remember them and post them on here.

Workout(s)

June 4

5 rounds

30 sec handstand hold

30 sec hold in the bottom of a squat

5 min abs

I tried to go easy because, while I wasn't in pain at the moment, I didn't want to set it off. This workout was harder than I expected, but also not really that hard at all because it was so short.

June 6

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Sit-ups

Squats

Then reverse the ladder

Time: 8:20

5 min abs

I was feeling better by Saturday so I did a decently difficult workout, but I was still trying to be cautious with my kidney or bladder or whatever the heck is actually infected so I didn't want to do something TOO hard. This workout started out as simply 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. I was working out with my mom (hi mom if you're reading this) and my sister's friend and I decided about halfway through to go back up the ladder because it was too easy. Hehehehe they were like SERIOUSLY?! But I wanted a hard workout!

Overall

I don't remember what I ate at all, but I do know that I've been drinking way more water which is good! Hopefully I'll be better at keeping this updated form now on. If you notice that I haven't posted by like midnight, please say something  :playful:

"Be a force of nature"

June 8, 2014

Workout

Strength

Hang clean 5, 5, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1...

5 @ 65lbs

5 @ 75lbs

3 @ 85lbs

3 @ 105lbs

1 @ 125lbs

1 @ 135lbs

1 @ 140lbs

1 @ 145lbs (new max!!!!!!!)

METCON

Buy-in: 25 burpees

15 hang power cleans 95#

15 box jumps

12 HP cleans

18 box jumps

9 HP cleans

21 box jumps

Buy-out: 25 burpees

Time: 14:32 Rx

Core: 3x15 GHD sit-ups

Possibly had more in the tank for the hang clean but I ran out of time. This workout was my shit. It took me a while to finish compared to other people but I didn't care because I Rx'd and killed the strength!

Overall

Drank a whole bunch of water. Felt pretty good all day!

"Be a force of nature"

June 9, 2015

Workout

Strength

Bench press

5 @ 35

5 @ 45

5 @ 55

3 @ 65

5 @ 75

3 @ 85

3 @ 95

The goal was to get as many reps as you could at 95% of your max. Bench is very frustrating for me because I've improved all of my lifts, but I just can't bench more than 100lbs. Tomorrow is back squat though which is my absolute favorite! 

metcon

15 min AMRAP

400m run

50 double unders

20 hand release push-ups

Total: 2rd+10 reps

Did pretty crappy on the metcon. I was using someone else's rope because I can't find mine and I was just feeling really bad all day. BUT I was glad that I did the workout and actually felt better when I was done.

"Be a force of nature"

June 10, 2015

Workout

Strength

Back squat (my fave fave fave) 5 @ 50%, 5 @ 60%, 3 @ 75%, 3 @ 85%, max reps @ 95%

Ended up hitting 175 for 3 reps!! Wooooooo. My current max is 185 so I'm hoping to raise that to 190, and eventually 200. But that'll probably be a while. I just love squatting heavy because people look at me and they're like dang you're pretty small to squat that and I'm like pshhhhhh yeah. Anything boys can do, girls can do better ;)

Metcon

3 rounds

16 front rack lunges

8 shoulder to OH

16 back squats

8 shoulder to OH

Time: 11:53

Rx was 75#, I did the first set of walking lunges at that and then lowered it to 65#, and possibly ended up at 55#, but I don't completely remember. It really sucked after the heavy squats though.

Food

Today was rough food-wise. I've been feeling really sick to my stomach because I'm taking like three kinds of medicine, so I can't really eat that much. I mostly ate applesauce and ramen noodles. I tried to have yogurt but it made my tummy hurt :(

"Be a force of nature"

June 11, 2015

Workout

Strength

Snatch complex, 5 rounds 

1 power snatch, 1 hang squat snatch, 1 snatch balance, 1 OH squat

1 @ 35, 1 @ 55, 1 @ 60, 1 @ 65, 1 @ 70

I hate snatches.

Metcon

7 rounds

7 power snatches 55#

200m row

7 CTB pull-ups

Time: 22:53

I did pretty poorly on this but I suck at snatches and rowing and I couldn't do all the pull-ups. Plus my shoulders were crazy sore.

Overall

Not a bad day. I almost didn't do the workout so I think my win for the day was doing the workout even though I didn't do that great!

"Be a force of nature"

Ok so I'm changing what I use this for. It's not very fun for me to just post my workouts, so I'm gonna start talking about more fun stuff, even if it's just for my own benefit. Although I probably will still post workouts that I did well on or enjoyed. For now, though, enjoy this super cute video that I could watch everyday.

"Be a force of nature"

Today's WOD sucked. It was more snatches and everyone knows I hate snatches. I ended up adding in a little bit of strength. It's deload week so I just did some light overhead presses.

I was also super inspired by this article by Leo Babauta from zen habits. I've found that I really appreciate his well-written and inspiring articles. It also seems like whatever he writes on a specific day applies to my situation at that moment.

Final note, I also discovered that Evernote is actually a really great way to track WODs. I'm not sure why I haven't been using it all along!

"Be a force of nature"

Ok so I have to ask the question I think is really at the front of every ones minds...(jk)  Why the purple lightsaber? Theirs nothing wrong with the color purple, I am just wondering if their more to it then liking the color purple.

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi-

Ok so I have to ask the question I think is really at the front of every ones minds...(jk) Why the purple lightsaber? Theirs nothing wrong with the color purple, I am just wondering if their more to it then liking the color purple.

Just because when I watched the second trilogy I thought Mace Windu's purple light saber was the coolest and most unique one [emoji1] (even though the second trilogy sucked)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"Be a force of nature"

Just because when I watched the second trilogy I thought Mace Windu's purple light saber was the coolest and most unique one [emoji1] (even though the second trilogy sucked)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightning fast response time!

• Like 1

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi-

Spent a while today doing research on macros and such, partly because I have nothing to do, and partly because I'm getting frustrated because I know my diet is keeping me from reaching my full potential. IT IS SO OVERWHELMING. I don't even know where to start. I love pizza! And I'm really picky! I just don't know where to start! Someone please see this and help me. 

Also, the past two days have been really good in terms of WODs. Yesterday was a bunch of pull-ups and push press and I did them all without scaling so I was really proud of that! And then today there were double unders and I did all of those too! My shoulders are really tired but I feel great!

I've also been brainstorming ideas for my next challenge (I know, I know, it's a little bit early.) I'm thinking about doing something with eliminating soda, doing mobility of some sort every day, and reading 2-3 books throughout the challenge. That's all I've got so far though!

"Be a force of nature"

Spent a while today doing research on macros and such, partly because I have nothing to do, and partly because I'm getting frustrated because I know my diet is keeping me from reaching my full potential. IT IS SO OVERWHELMING. I don't even know where to start. I love pizza! And I'm really picky! I just don't know where to start! Someone please see this and help me. 

Also, the past two days have been really good in terms of WODs. Yesterday was a bunch of pull-ups and push press and I did them all without scaling so I was really proud of that! And then today there were double unders and I did all of those too! My shoulders are really tired but I feel great!

I've also been brainstorming ideas for my next challenge (I know, I know, it's a little bit early.) I'm thinking about doing something with eliminating soda, doing mobility of some sort every day, and reading 2-3 books throughout the challenge. That's all I've got so far though!

This sounds cheesy on my part, but take I look at my profile just to give you a quick rundown of my experience and let me know if I can help you at all. I also do youtube videos at the request of people on this site as well.

-The Muscle Professor-

OtherWorldIron.com 

This sounds cheesy on my part, but take I look at my profile just to give you a quick rundown of my experience and let me know if I can help you at all. I also do youtube videos at the request of people on this site as well.

I'll let you know when I'm ready to get serious with it!! Right now I've got so much stuff going on that I just want to take it slow and maybe eliminate one bad thing every week or so, ya know? But I'm sure you can help! My problem is figuring out and planning a menu to get enough calories, protein, and not too many carbs. I really don't eat enough as it is because I'm not really ever hungry and it's kind of weird. Plus I'm picky, so that makes it hard. And I have a really high metabolism so I've never had to worry about my weight and I've always been able to eat whatever I want basically.

"Be a force of nature"

WODs of the week

June 15 
Strength (deload)
Strict press 5 @ 55#
Push press 3x5 @ 65#

Metcon
400m run, 21 snatches 55#, 21 TTB

400m run, 15 snatches 55#, 15 TTB
400m run, 9 snatches 55#, 9 TTB
Score: 17:34

Notes: Rx was 65#. I felt terrible because I had two cinnamon rolls from Chick-Fil-A around 10:30. Just did a quick strength because I needed to get something in and there wasn't anything as part of the WOD. 

June 17
Metcon
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 pull-ups 
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 push press 65#
Score: 13:15 Rx 

Core: 50 ab mat sit-ups 

Notes: did the entire set of 10 pull-ups unbroken! Broke 9-6 up and did 5-1 unbroken. Did unbroken push press. Biggest problem was that my hands hurt too much to pick the bar up immediately when switching to push press. Did the mobility WOD after. 

June 18
Strength
Back squat (deload)
4x5 @ 75#
5 @ 95#
5 @ 110#

Metcon
15 min AMRAP
30 double unders
20 front rack DB step ups 25#
100m row
Score: 4+37 Rx 

Core: 3x20 Superman

Notes: shoulders were extremely sore from pull-ups. Busted out the dubs pretty quickly though! Step ups were BRUTAL. 

June 19
Strength
Bench (deload)
4x5 @ 40lbs
5 @ 50lbs
5 @ 60lbs

Metcon
8 min EMOM
7 thrusters 55#
AMRAP slam balls 30#

3 min rest

8 min EMOM
100m run
AMRAP push-ups 
Score: 118 Rx 

Notes: terrible. Shoulders still sore. Thrusters destroyed me but I managed to get caught back up with the second one.

"Be a force of nature"

Oh my God I've been so bad about posting and I can't believe it. I decided not to participate in the current challenge because I forgot about it until it was already a week in and there's a lot of stuff that's going to be happening for me during the challenge so I don't think I have the mental energy available to put my full effort into it. Does that make sense or is that just dumb? Anyways, everything's been going pretty well lately! I hit 3 new maxes: 205# on deadlift (which was super easy and my boyfriend says that I should be able to hit 220# but I quit after 205# because we were out of time and I had already done a ton of deadlifts), 105# on bench (probably should've been 115#, but I'll get it next time!) and 135# clean and jerk (which will be at least 145# soon, I swear). So basically I've been improving but I'm a little bit frustrated because I know I should be doing better..or at least I think I should. I think the problem is that my focus just hasn't been where it needs to be for the past week or so. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I just zone out and don't think about what I'm doing until I realize I haven't been pacing myself properly and/or pushing myself hard enough.

I'm going to be moving into my new apartment in about a week and classes start in about 2 weeks. Eeeeeeeeeeek! Let's hope this year is better than last. Everyone says freshman year sucks but it seems like everyone I know had a great year. Anyone know how to make college awesome if you don't party? Lololol. I am going to start working out at a new (bigger) box, so hopefully I'll make friends that way. And I'm hopefully gonna get a job to take up more of my time.

Sooooooo that's where I'm at right now! And I've started meditating regularly again with the Headspace app/website and LOVINGGGGGG it. I think you can add friends on there (maybe? still a little unclear on that) so if anyone else uses it let me know and maybe we can figure it out together! 

"Be a force of nature"

This week's WODs so far:

Monday

Metcon

400m run

21 front squats 65#

21 lateral bar burpees

400m run

15 front squats

15 lateral bar burpees

400m run

9 front squats

9 lateral bar burpees

Score: 15:50 Rx

I was actually pretty proud of this one because I suck at front squats and burpees and everyone knows I hate running, but I felt super good doing this! 

Olympic lifting

Clean pull-squat clean-split jerk

2 @ 100#

2 @ 110#

1 @ 115#

1 @ 105#

Squats

3x3 @ 145#

Tuesday

Challenge

5 attempts at max rep double unders

Score: 32

SO annoyed at this. I can usually crush DUs but I just wasn't on today. My hands kept getting sweaty and my forearms were tired.

Metcon

12 min AMRAP

8 DB push press ® 25#

8 DB push press (L) 

32 DUs

Score: 7rds Rx

"Be a force of nature"

Wednesday

Just did olympic lifting today. We planned on going to this American Ninja Warrior gym and then we didn't so I felt kinda crappy for not getting a full workout in but at least I did something.

3 position clean progression

High hang-mid thigh-floor

3 @ 95#

2 @ 110#

1 @ 115#

1 @ 100#

3RM front squat

Ended up getting 125#. Probably could've gone heavier but it's hard to know if you've reached your limit or a 3 rep max.

I also finished Take10 on headspace!! I can't wait to start the second level of the foundations course. That much closer to unlocking all the courses!

"Be a force of nature"