Gobnait figures out what she wants.

Gobnait

I just copy-pasted my tags from last challenge.  This challenge I think should be about end result and reporting my progress every day.

The future keeps changing... one week, we're not going to be here next xmas, the next we're stuck in this area for life.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Hello Gobnait!  Have you been thinking about what you want and the end result?  :frog:

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

I'm still up in the air.  I think I want a house that I can keep clean with a light maintenance schedule, not sure how I'm going to get to that.  I had my mom promise to come back Thanksgiving to help some more.  I don't want off-site storage until we move, I want to get the junk stowed accessibly in the upstairs bedroom.

I want to have room and energy to use up art supplies. 

Right now, I'm thinking that my goals should be brush my hair every day, shower every two days for the summer, and wash my jeans weekly.  Well, keep the leave-the-house jeans clean.  Oh, and try to get a kitchen routine.

I'm a little bit trapped because my new car is up on blocks and hubby can't take his cell phone into the building.  I also hate weekends because people in this town drive like crazy.

• Like 1

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

http://orgjunkie.com/2015/04/why-not-having-a-morning-routine-makes-you-a-rookie.html

http://www.sodamndomestic.com/morning-routine-mistakes/

I would put more consideration into brewing a pot of tea and brushing my hair before I sit down at the computer, but sometimes I wake up and need the distraction, sometimes I end up back in bed.  Sometimes I'm too sick to think of breakfast, but I really should breakfast.  Maybe I'll steal hubby's 1.4 soylent because he hates the texture, but a half-serving diluted in tea isn't bad.

Hi Gobnait,

Things sound tough. Not sure i have any specific suggestions so just sending you a big hug.

The best suggestion for me is something that's hurtful to most depressed... just get over it.  I've been a fine powder most of my life.... OH!!!!! Maybe my spiritual inspiration can be Sandman from that one Spiderman movie.

I spent all day looking for something that I know exists... just price-point, size, and material don't line up.  It's a box that's made of paperboard and it's roughly 9X12 and three inches deep, I just don't need it to be acid-free.  Darn, I lost the links where I got to choose between getting 5 for $100 or 40 for slightly less.  Almost all that I found were plastic, which means slightly the wrong shape and not opaque.  (The almost good enough had an attached lid.)

Hubby says I should leave the house more often for the cat's sake.  She still thinks she's a kitten and started howling when I was gone.

Actually, I just discovered what might be a good-enough size, strong enough material, and in my price point... The boxes that dollar-store chess sets come in.  Actually, Candy boxes might be good, I just don't know what to do with all that nasty chocolate.  (I'm occasionally in the mood to eat three pieces of the good stuff, but the size I want could hold seven pounds.)

• Like 1

Oh, something from earlier today... I took a laundry basket into the grocery store... light trip and I had a separate bag for the meat, but a clerk tried to lift the basket.  The clerks thought it was a good idea until then, I was wondering if I had made a mistake until I lifted the basket back into the cart... The shelf-stable cans and jars were just over 23 pounds, and I could do that and a few other items mindfully without hurting myself.

I'm a dependapotamus, in form if not in intent.  That will earn me a lot of scowls until I can move back to where my body-type is more average or I can stop being morbidly obese.  (Squeaking under that line is the best I can hope for, considering what I was doing last time I achieved merely overweight.)  I'm about ten pounds lighter than my husband, he's not the right body-type for him thanks to mandatory exercise that's not right, we can't quite share clothing because of different shape, but I am lazier and weaker than he is.

I found you! Here for encouragement and hugs! You can do this! I had many weeks where I did not leave my house except for therapy once a week. Completely serious. Small baby steps, you will get there. Hugs. 

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

Hugs are here if/when you need them. You can do this!

Take care :)

From the North, I am. Grammar applys here not.

Forest Elven Lightstalker Lv. 3

“Little by little, one travels farâ€.― J.R.R. Tolkien.

42%
42%

% of Available Sparklepoints Collected, Current Challenge

<p>

Well, I've hit a sort of bottom.  It felt like dying, but I'm happy now.

13celticdragon13.jpg

Air conditioning is out, getting it fixed today to an expensive tune.  I know what sort of watercolor paper I want, but don't know when I'm going to get that direction to get it.  I finally solved the fishtank (somehow it has fatal ammonia levels, but that's not a bad thing for an unstocked tank) I'm gluing together an old toy today because I'm going for an abandoned sandbox theme.

• Like 1

What a day.  Now I remember why I developed the shut-in habit.

The person that was supposed to help me with some household stuff had health problems this morning.  I wish she had said so sooner, but I could've texted sooner.  Since I was going to pick her up, it actually would have been an absolutely miserable day if she hadn't needed to postpone.  (I'm not in good shape myself, with the raw throat and aching chest.)

After hubby went through his mandatory morning workout, he came home to shower, change, and give me the car.  I drove him into work, (that's when I got the text back that the friend couldn't help me today,) and I decided not to go straight home for some reason.  I got about three miles down the road when hubby called and said he needed to go to the other place, so I was going to give up and have him drop me off on the way.  Then when I get back to the parking lot, he tells me that there was a problem and I should come back about noon.  (It was somewhere around ten at the time.)

I went thrift shopping, I hung out at the park with the jellyfish and annoyed the nano-crabs... about time to think about heading back, he messages me to not come back yet because something else came up that they needed to do that day without warning.  (Basically just another lecture to make him stop being so heavy.  If anyone knows how to get through mandatory exercise without gaining more muscle, I'd love to hear it.)  So basically I spent four hours goofing off instead of two without warning, I was about to buy myself a snack from a dollar store at two when they finally decided to have him do the thing he was going to do at ten.

At least with the plan to have housecleaning help, I had pre-cooked some protein for dinner even though I just went with pasta and a bowl of coleslaw. 

Basically his bosses still have no respect for me to be able to make a plan without it being shredded all to heck by their capriciousness! 

This weekend, all I did was shop.  I didn't even get much actual food and spent lots of money on stuff.

I did buy myself a five-gallon tank... had to exchange it because the first one was broken, but now I have a cute little beta habitat.

Hubby is switching to a pure-soylent diet, which means I have to adjust and remember to eat.

We don't have enough Soylent for him to stop eating, I was going to make something good, he ended up throwing sausages and leftover beef into the bacon-mushroom stir-fry that I was going to mix with leftover cheese sauce, creating something worthy of the half-jar of tomato sauce.  (Was planning salmon with salad and cheese sauce pasta, he bleched at the suggestion.)

Yesterday, we hit a theme-park on a very off day, so short lines.  Yay work for twisting his arm into taking his free day on the second of July mid-week.  The one roller-coaster I did was too thrilling and I ended up whimpering about a third of the way through.  We could have bought a video of me freaking out.  As it was, we both had too much fun.  I'm fine after over-walking.  I'm having a bit of a relapse on the sore throat that might be screaming, might be crowd-exposure, might be having to drive back after getting soaked in a rainstorm.  He managed to eat lunch and a beer in less time than it took me to drink a hard cider the same size as his beer.  Come retirement, I'm gonna make him use a small plate and meditate over courses if I have time.

No fish in the tanks yet, but I got enough clown-vomit gravel glued to the bottom of the toy to make it sink.  Hubby commented how sad the tank looked with an old toy sunk in it, so mission accomplished. 

• Like 1

Yesterday, we hit a theme-park on a very off day, so short lines.  Yay work for twisting his arm into taking his free day on the second of July mid-week.  The one roller-coaster I did was too thrilling and I ended up whimpering about a third of the way through.  We could have bought a video of me freaking out.  As it was, we both had too much fun.  I'm fine after over-walking.  I'm having a bit of a relapse on the sore throat that might be screaming, might be crowd-exposure, might be having to drive back after getting soaked in a rainstorm.  He managed to eat lunch and a beer in less time than it took me to drink a hard cider the same size as his beer.  Come retirement, I'm gonna make him use a small plate and meditate over courses if I have time.

Yay for good memories. :)

How're things otherwise?

Thinking of a new challenge?

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Yay for good memories. :)

How're things otherwise?

Thinking of a new challenge?

I don't know yet.  I think easing back into accounting for the day and recording what I eat should be good.  Weekly adventures and weekly art journal or diary comic seems good on paper, but this place is a mess and I don't have a place to work.

To do for this week, I should read through my old challenges and collect the goals.

A school associated with my old college, I tried to get them to let me retake life drawing without paying for it.  It didn't work, so I gotta figure out something else.  I think what I wanted was to re-learn drawing, and have something that committed me to getting out of the house.  I think I need a schedule.

I ended up in a craft store and bought myself a new toy.  (Cheap water brushes, useful for taking cakes or dried smears of watercolor and using them for travel.)  One of my near-goals after getting the house clean is to make a dent in using up my art supplies.  Maybe I could even have my favorites and donate the stuff I don't like to charity.

Until then.... stupid house needs a cleaning.

Actually, the house caused me so much angst that I begged hubby to let me run an errand for him.  I ended up buying a spritzer labeled "chill pill" and started spraying it in my car on the way home.  Patcholui smells better than what the previous owner liked, but I'm going to start spraying it in the house too.  Actually, I suspect I react very mellow to Feliway, so maybe I should get a plug-in diffuser for both me and the cat.

Well, I got a quote from a company that specializes in hoarding... A couple thousand dollars for one 8-hour session.  The other company hasn't called back yet, but I'm not going to be expecting to afford it.  Hopefully this motivates hubby to want to help a bit.

We're missing all of our Windows CD's and I don't know where to look... Correction, I found a non-commercial disc that was unlabeled in a junk drawer.  He probably re-burned it with the downloaded iso that he needed the code for last time.  I'm tired of being the one who has to keep track of where everything is.

Well, I swept and started boxing up the living room.  Hubby yelled at me for boxing the benedryl instead of putting it away.  I didn't exactly warn him that I was going to be causing that much chaos when he could do something about it, but it looked like he just gave up on transferring the pile from his side table when he got deep enough to see that his disc wasn't there.

I poked through a box of notebooks that's probably not been opened since we moved here.  Good stuff, but I should probably scan it since it will take up less weight that way.  It wasn't a priority exactly, but looking back at old story scraps did give me some positive vibes.

http://www.portsherry.com/comics/on-hoarding/