Tundralily: Song of the Lioness

This time on the rebellion....

I just finished re-reading some of the Tortall books by Tamora Pierce, which are among my favourite books in the universe. I focused on last challenge on strong women, and thought a Tortall women theme would be awesome!!

7a1594dcfb07db85ea54daa16eae4c2c.jpg

Main Quest - (Under Construction)

• To build strength in my body, mind and soul

My main quest is currently under construction. I spent time over the last couple weeks thinking about where I wanted to go next, but am not totally sure yet. That;s ok, it took me a while to figure out my last main quest and I'm getting closer. 

In the meantime, challenge tme!

Motivation

I will face each day with an open heart, be adventurous in all the ways that piqued my curiosity, have specific long-term goals, and practice kindness and compassion towards myself. I will meet myself where I am with love, compassion, and without judgement. I will celebrate the smallest of successes and be gentle with myself if I fail, focusing instead on learning what works for me. I am a unstoppable, untamed and wild force of nature when I go through life with all of my mind, body and soul.

Challenge Aim: 

My last challenge was all about getting lean, which I blew out of the park (more on that later). This challenge, I'm working on my consistency, emotions, and sleep habits. My sleep habits and quality have been awful lately and have been affecting the rest of my life. I'm working with my doctor to try and figure it out, and thought that a renewed focus on rest during my challenge would be really helpful!

Challenge Quests: 

Quest 1: Lady Knight (3 x per week strength training)

tumblr_mhkc8zDSev1rv70iuo1_500.png

Alanna of Trebond is one of my alltime favourite fictional characters. Her strength, determination and consistency were what allowed her to become the King's Champion and be such an amazing woman.

My consistency with strength training needs improvement, so I'm going to Basic Knight training and practice at least 3 times per week. My workouts are based on a push, pull, legs, core, and kettlebell work. This will fit nicely in with the Assassin mini this time around!

Quest 2: Wild Mage

dde1be836370b02051b4bd74b72a6a7d.jpg

If I could be any character in the Tortall universe, I would be Daine!! I LOVE her wild magic and connection with the natural world around her. 

My sleep has been all over the place, and a struggle for the last couple challenges. Here's what I'm going to do daily to help support healthy sleep: 

1) No phones in bed - I moved my charger to the kitchen so it stays out 

2) Aim for 8 hours of sleep, maximum 9 (I tend to either undersleep or sleep forever, which is not good for me!!) 

Quest 3: Protector of the Small

tumblr_nccf7gyseq1r1d25lo1_500.png

Kel amazes me with her emotional control and calm, even when facing stressful situations. My emotions have been a challenge lately, so I want to work on the following this challenge: 

1) Daily emotion activity that helps me regulate my emotions, reduces stress, or makes me feel good (journalling, yoga, social activities, etc)

2) 3 mins minimum of daily meditation. 

Side Quest - Set up Camp (5 mins daily clean-up)

Keeping my house clean is not one of my strong suits. My partner has had a stressful couple of months, and has been amazing at supporting me. Time to give back! I will do a minimum of 5 mins of daily clean up in our apartment. 

Challenge Summary 

QUEST 1 - Lady Knight: Bodyweight sessions 3x a week.
QUEST 2 - Wild Mage: No phones in bed, and 8 hours of sleep
QUEST 3 - Protector of the Small: 3 mins daily meditation and daily emotional activity
QUEST 4 - Set up Camp: 5 mins daily house cleaup

• Like 1

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Lady Knight:
Week 1: x / 3
Week 2: x / 3
Week 3: x / 3
Week 4: x / 3
Week 5: x / 3
Week 6: x / 3

Wild Mage:
Week 1: x / 7
Week 2: x / 7
Week 3: x / 7
Week 4: x / 7
Week 5: x / 7
Week 6: x / 7

Protector of the Small

Set up Camp

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Starting Stats incoming!

Preweek Training Log! 

Monday: Boot Camp 

Tuesday: Nerdwarts Sorting Test!

Push: Incline pushups - 3 x 7 

Pull: 1 very bad form chinup - but hey, its something! Then 3 x 1 negatives 

Core: Hanging knee raises: 3 x 6, 4, 4 

Legs 1 x 5 hand assisted pistols. Darn my left leg reallllly didn't want to do these today

Swing: 5 x 10 Double KB swings (20 lbs)

• Like 1

Weekend Update: 

I slept a ton this weekend - 13 hours yesterday, 9 hours last night with a 5 hour nap. Grrrr I really do want to actually do something productive with my weekends besides sleep. My fatigue has been a continuing challenge for me in reaching my goals, I hope I can figure it out this challenge!

Bootcamp is tomorrow. I spent the weekend resting up because of a pain spike on Friday. I was in alot of pain last week and tried to take it easy but keep moving. My shoulder is hopped again. On the advice of my physio, I need to spend some more time doing basic strength training with my shoulders before trying chinups again. Sigh. At least I will get really great at inverted rows!! 

• Like 1

399ee224c6af874b9fd38b9055f1069c4e663e9d

Challenge posted!! 

Hey, again...

Minho+Stalker.gif

Sounds like you're getting an awesome start!  I'm here to follow and support!!

Have you read the book One Minute for Myself by Spencer Johnson?  I incorporated it's principles last challenge to be nicer to myself and take better care of me.  It really helped a lot!  Maybe you can get something out of it to help you with your Fibro and goals.

• Like 1

Bast

Level 8 Assassin Goddess

STR: 19 DEX: 17 STA: 18 CON: 18 WIS: 18 CHA: 19

Challenges:  Current 7 5 4 3 2 1 1/2 Battle Log

PvP: Adulting & Accountability: The CutLasses Shimmy!

It's not how you start, but how you finish! ~ David Bach, Finish Rich

Finding Ways to Cope

Main Goals:  Controlled Weight Gain, Don't be a Slug and Necessities

Life Goal:  The Clock is Ticking

Assassins Guild Mini Challenges: No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Us - Assassin's Pride

Hey, again...

Minho+Stalker.gif

Sounds like you're getting an awesome start!  I'm here to follow and support!!

Have you read the book One Minute for Myself by Spencer Johnson?  I incorporated it's principles last challenge to be nicer to myself and take better care of me.  It really helped a lot!  Maybe you can get something out of it to help you with your Fibro and goals.

Hey there thanks for stopping by! I added that book to hold list at the Library. It looks awesome!! Thanks for the suggestion :)

• Like 1

Week 1: Day 1 Update 

Bootcamp was today and we did boxing!! It was alot of fun, although super hot (30 degrees C). I had a slightly stressful day at work and did some journalling at lunch to help sort out all the thoughts and emotions I was experiencing. It worked well and I was able to plow through a bunch of stuff on my to-do list this afternoon! 

Lady Knight: I did 1 round of the following after boot camp: 

- Pull: 3 x 3sec negatives for chinups AND 1x 7 inverted rows

- Core: 1 x 7 hanging knee raises 

- Push: 1 x 7 incline pushups 

- Swing: 3 x 10 swings 

I figured I should do some strength work after so much cardio at boot camp but didn't want to over do it for my pain levels. I plan on stretching before I go to bed to try and keep my pain levels under control 

Wild Mage: Phone was on its charger last night. Woot!

Protector of the Small: 5 mins mediation this morning and did some journalling at lunch as my emotional support activity 

Set up Camp: Did some laundry, put away the dishes, and food from supper. (10 mins).

Weekly Motivation: 

stronger-she-became-quote.jpg

586e30050ace81f7516192af13ffb3cc.jpg

breathe-in-breathe-out-angeles-moreno-yo

• Like 1

Sounds like a fantastic start to your challenge. It's always such a pleasure visiting your challenge, you always seem to find the most inspiring motivational pictures! And because you kick ass of course! 

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Hey there thanks for stopping by! I added that book to hold list at the Library. It looks awesome!! Thanks for the suggestion :)

You're welcome!  It's a very easy read...only takes about an hour or so...  But I reread it a couple days later (after I thought about what I had read) and used stickies to note the pages I wanted to review...then read it a third time a few days after that and wrote and posted on my wall the main parts so I could see them daily...  It really helped me to remember to be nicer to myself, and by incorporating the concepts into my last challenge, I made it a habit!!

I LOVE your inspirations!!

• Like 1

Bast

Level 8 Assassin Goddess

STR: 19 DEX: 17 STA: 18 CON: 18 WIS: 18 CHA: 19

Challenges:  Current 7 5 4 3 2 1 1/2 Battle Log

PvP: Adulting & Accountability: The CutLasses Shimmy!

It's not how you start, but how you finish! ~ David Bach, Finish Rich

Finding Ways to Cope

Main Goals:  Controlled Weight Gain, Don't be a Slug and Necessities

Life Goal:  The Clock is Ticking

Assassins Guild Mini Challenges: No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Us - Assassin's Pride

You're welcome!  It's a very easy read...only takes about an hour or so...  But I reread it a couple days later (after I thought about what I had read) and used stickies to note the pages I wanted to review...then read it a third time a few days after that and wrote and posted on my wall the main parts so I could see them daily...  It really helped me to remember to be nicer to myself, and by incorporating the concepts into my last challenge, I made it a habit!!

I LOVE your inspirations!!

I read that book and IT WAS AWESOME!! Lots more thinking to do on how to implement it into my life

Sounds like a fantastic start to your challenge. It's always such a pleasure visiting your challenge, you always seem to find the most inspiring motivational pictures! And because you kick ass of course! 

Aww thanks Charlie!! I love finding stuff to post here, its such a fun way of keeping myself motivated to come post every week.

• Like 1

Week 1: Mid Week Update

The rest of my week has been strangely meh. I haven't been sleeping very well because of my pain levels and its spiralling out to the the rest of my life. Hoping to take some time to rest this weekend and keep moving.

Lady Knight: I haven't been motivated to work out at all. I did a mini strength training today at lunch:

- Pull: 3 x 3 bent leg rows off the conference room table

- Core: 3 x 12 leg raises

- Push: 3 x 7, 5, 6 incline pushups

Wild Mage: My phone has been on its charger every night this week. Woot! I'm enjoying having the focus to read actual physical books before I go to bed. Its delightful to be reading so much this week

Protector of the Small: I did 3 days of meditation so far, and 1 sort of day where I tried but fell back asleep

Set up Camp: The dishes have been taunting me all week. Damm.

I think part of the problem with my motivation is that I can't figure out a workout schedule that works for me with bootcamp in the middle. Trying to figure out how to best schedule work for the assassin mini around boot camp without causing too much pain is challenging.

I'm enjoying it a little bit but definitely am ready to be done as this is not an enjoyable way to be to excersise. Bootcamp has also been super intense lately and is taking away from my ability to do proper strength work with good form. I do lots of volume of work (pushups, etc) but the instructors definitely value volume over form. However, I have a wager with myself that I WILL FINISH BOOTCAMP! I also have some nagging shoulder pain.

My weekly schedule looks like this:

Monday - Bootcamp

Tuesday - ?

Wednesday - Bootcamp

Thursday - Sunday : 1 strength workout (3 x sets to failure of push, pull, core, legs and kettlebell swings)

I have 2 more weeks of bootcamp and then this will be a non issue.

• Like 1

I'm feeling sad and troubled today so I went in search of more motivation as my emotional support activity. Today has been really tough. I'm sad, tired and my spirit is weary and heavy.

Here's what I found that helped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJeEJyS8GoQ

11004384286_d8e892d5e5_o_d.jpg

tumblr_inline_mnvlpabawd1qz4rgp.jpg

862887700bbad991a6653adb08159b64.jpg

f1af560c2418d84214b0dc71d309f078.jpg

yoga-quote.jpg

yoga_quotes_art_print_poster.png

• Like 2

Weekly Update: 

This week was weird in many respects. My emotions were all over the place, my pain levels were high, and I'm bone tired. My sleep schedule went bonkers and I seem to have lost my ability to sleep more than 4 hours a night. I'm glad the week is over.

When I stop to think about how I feel about life lately, all I feel is tired. I really hope that the medical stuff I'm working through with my doctor will help with that. My fatigue is my biggest barrier right now to achieving what I want to do with my life.

Challenge Quests:

QUEST 1 - Lady Knight: 2/3 Bodyweight Sessions
QUEST 2 - Wild Mage: 7/7 - No phones in bed! I've started reading actual books again and it makes me so happy. 
QUEST 3 - Protector of the Small: 6/7 - Meditated everyday except this morning and have been working on my emotions daily
QUEST 4 - Set up Camp: 5/7 - 5 mins daily house cleanup.

Life and medical issues can certainly be a wringer! Fatigue is a common issue around here too (for both my wife and I). I know I felt it this morning in addition to some neck/shoulder/head pain. But you can do it! Hopefully Braveheart helps you out too!. 

Speaking of, past time for me to get to bed!

sleeping_assassin_altair_by_therage311.g

• Like 2

L2 Dwarf Assassin (w/ Druidic tendencies)

Current challenge: Seeking rest, focus, and peace of mind.

Previous challenges: RespawnTime to get mobile, & Building assassin necessities

Life and medical issues can certainly be a wringer! Fatigue is a common issue around here too (for both my wife and I). I know I felt it this morning in addition to some neck/shoulder/head pain. But you can do it! Hopefully Braveheart helps you out too!. 

Speaking of, past time for me to get to bed!

sleeping_assassin_altair_by_therage311.g

Thanks seth!! This week was better for my fatigue. You inspired me to clean up my diet this week (have issues with egg, wheat, and dairy) and its helped a lot. 

Weekly Update:

This week was much better than week 1. My emotions settled down, my pain levels dropped, and I was able to sleep better. I had a couple nights were I had trouble sleeping and I noticed that I had screen time right up until I went to bed. Definitely an interesting pattern to watch.

My parents are coming to visit next week (Week 4) and I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED! :dance with excitement: They are coming for a week and I'm looking forward to showing them around where we live. That also means we have alot to do this week to get ready for them being here. I plan on knocking 1 thing a day off my list. Unfortunately, no quidditch for me next weekend while they are here.

BOOTCAMP Update - I have one more week of bootcamp then its done! Looking forward to it being over. Unfortunately its not my preferred way of exercising but I'm glad I gave it a try. We have fitness testing on the last session on Wednesday and I'm exicited to see how much I have improved. 

Weekly Workouts: 

Monday: Bootcamp 

Tuesday: Casual Training 

Wednesday: Rest Day 

Thursday: Strength workout 

Friday:Walk (30 mins) and casual training 

Saturday: 5 hour hike up a mountain, and strength workout

WEEK 3 Workout Plan:

Sunday: Yoga 

Monday: Bootcamp 

Tuesday: Casual training, yoga, or walking

Wednesday: Final bootcamp day!

Thursday: Rest day 

Friday: Strength workout 

Saturday: Yoga 

Challenge Quests:

QUEST 1 - Lady Knight: 3/3 Bodyweight Sessions

I'm counting bootcamp here until its done then will only count strength days. 

QUEST 2 - Wild Mage: 4/7

I expanded my no phones in bed rule to my IPAD. I was reading a book this week on my kindle app, but kept myself up too late a couple nights. Seems to be much harder to do with a physical book. I plan on going to the library tomorrow to get more books. 

QUEST 3 - Protector of the Small: 6/7 -

I meditated most days this week and did an emotional support activity most days as well. I started tracking my cycles with a new app called Glow and it includes tracking health related things like sleep, meds, and fatigue. Its awesome!

QUEST 4 - Set up Camp: 6/7 - 5 mins daily house cleanup.

This worked well most days this week, except for one day where I was super unwell and in pain. I'm ok with that. My hubby did an excellent job of making me supper all week so I focused on dishes and laundry.

• Like 1

Weekly Motivation: 

ccd960375324fb5d536e25cb20867214.jpg

slide1.jpg

the-gifts-of-imperfection-quote.jpg?w=49

eec419dab9dd36e984fd38a969e15766.jpg

11055734_338946942963111_1300979080_n.jp

• Like 1

This week was much better than week 1. My emotions settled down, my pain levels dropped, and I was able to sleep better. I had a couple nights were I had trouble sleeping and I noticed that I had screen time right up until I went to bed. Definitely an interesting pattern to watch.

I read your thread for the first time today. As you detailed some of the previous weeks I was hoping things would get better, so I was happy to read your last post.

I hadn't heard of your author or book series, but after looking them up on goodreads, I think i might try Wild Magic and see if I like it enough to try out the other books. The last few fantasy books I've read had strong female lead characters (Graceling, The Black Magician Trilogy), so I might enjoy it.

All the best for the rest of your quest, I'll definitely come back to see how you are doing.

Level - 3               Race - Vampire               Class - Assassin

STR 6 | DEX 7 | STA 5 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | CHA 6

Weight loss ( Highest weight 224lb / Current weight 186.0lb / Goal weight 175lb )

77.6%
77.6%

Current challenge

Battle log

Previous challenges = 2 , 1

I love how exercise has become a thing in our house. Seeing you get into exercise motivates me to do more and I think it goes the other way too. Maybe cleaning will be similar?

You're doing awesome love, keep it up!

Okri Kadrinsson ~ Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

Str 2  Dex 1   Sta 1   Con 3   Wis 2   Cha 1

Challenge Commander Kidd's first adventurer challenge

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.†

― J.R.R. TolkienThe Hobbit

I have sadly neglected my thread the last two weeks while my parents were here visiting, got lots to update! But not today. Today I am emotionally exhausted from watching my parents leave after such a wonderful visit and am filled with homesickness. I'll write something up tomorrow. In the meantime, here's some stuff that inspired me when the darkness within came to visit this weekend: 

Words

He is a God of stillness, but stillness in counterpoint with abundance and creation and wildly beautiful works. I wonder if that isn’t the essence of Kingdom Life—work done through great love, stillness at the heart of each step. It’s the purpose threaded through the movement, the spirit large in a body that needs to move and stretch and breathe

6 Steps You Can Take To Start Healing From Trauma Right Now

Images

d4dcb3beba6786ef3573136a66598112.jpg

Inspiration-Fitness-Quote-1.jpg

b1900dc4cdbad3ef4ffb1f31f27f6660.jpg

35c948d72671bb16cb0854e9f07bc1b0.jpg

strength-2.jpg?w=450&h=414