Saying hi to the rest of the pack :)

Hi! I’m Krystal, and I’ve been looking around the NF site and forums for a few weeks now. I'm stoked to have found a group of nerdy like-minded, supportive people. This is brilliant!!

A little about me: I’m mid thirties, fairly sedentary day job, with fairly sedentary hobbies. I've always had fluctuating weight and fitness levels. Not enough that I'd say I was a 'yo-yo', but there's been numerous changes for better and worse over the years. It’s time to make some positive, sustainable changes to my life, so I’m fitter and healthier more consistently. As a side note, I also have fibromyalgia, which has some impact when it comes to maintaining healthier lifestyle choices.

I have been exercising and watching my food intake for the last two months, with reasonable consistency and some success. I cut out soft-drink, including diet drinks, and now only have the occasional cordial, and soda water. I’ve also been trying to incorporate more vegetables (other than potatoes!!) into my diet. I have lost just over 5kg so far, and my fitness is slowly but surely improving. It's time to ramp it up a little and dedicate a bit more time and energy to getting healthier. 

While I’m new to the role-play/gaming concepts, I am finding they have my curiosity piqued and I'm looking forward to learning more about them. I'm a huge reader, particularly of fantasy novels, so the one thing that came to mind was that if by some stroke of luck (or gross misfortune, depending on the book!!) I was whisked away and plonked right in the middle of my latest read, would I survive? Would I be able to steal a hot pastry and duck and weave through the crowded marketplace to outrun the baker? Could I scale the castle wall, sneak into the grounds and avoid being seen? Would I make it through the window and out across the roof before shimmying down the nearest tree if I was being chased by the city watch? Not right now, no, I would not survive. But that’s the level of fitness I’m going to aim for!

Thanks for being such a lovely community, I look forward to being a part of it J

• Like 3

Level 2 | Adventurer | Lycan

Little by little, a little becomes a lot. 

How the story begins..     Doodlie Buddies

Challenge 1   Challenge 2

Str: 1      Dex: -       Sta: 4       Cha: 1       Con: 5       Wis:  4

Hey Krystal, always glad to welcome new members. Good work on cutting out soft drinks. It seems like you're on the right track fitness wise so good luck. Also what guild are you looking at? Just from what you described wanting to be able to do it seems like you might like the assassins.

Hi there. I'm not exactly sure about guild yet, I'm hoping that my passions will show themselves along the way, and I can go from there. The Assassins are certainly on my radar though :) 

• Like 1

I'm not exactly sure about guild yet, I'm hoping that my passions will show themselves along the way, and I can go from there. The Assassins are certainly on my radar though :)

Thats the way to do things I guess. I should make clear that you can change guilds for different challenges. Your first ones done with the recruits and after that you go where you please. If you really don't know what you like doing fitness wise you might want to go with the Adventurers.

Thats the way to do things I guess. I should make clear that you can change guilds for different challenges. Your first ones done with the recruits and after that you go where you please. If you really don't know what you like doing fitness wise you might want to go with the Adventurers.

Thankyou :)

Welcome to the Rebellion! Will you be doing a 6 Week Challenge? Next round begins June 8th!

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Welcome to the Rebellion! Will you be doing a 6 Week Challenge? Next round begins June 8th!

Thankyou, and yes I will be doing a six week recruit challenge. I'm really looking forward to it :)

Had a great first week of the challenge and I'm so excited to be doing this! Please pop on over to my challenge thread (in my signature) if you want to follow along. I'd love to hear your feedback :)

• Like 1