Teirin might get her Shodan and remembers that outside exists.

So, with Zombies Run, when it says you can unlock a new episode a week, do you have to use it that week, or can you build up a backlog?

Hmm, the full season on missions are listed but only the first 4 are available.  I only got it a week or so ago so I'm not sure?   They may not unlock before completing the previous one?

Hope you got plenty of rest. Early days suck. :(

Getting to bed early worked out ok.  At least I get to go back to bed after this and it doesn't look like it's going to be hours. 

Hmm, the full season on missions are listed but only the first 4 are available.  I only got it a week or so ago so I'm not sure?   They may not unlock before completing the previous one?

You don't have to do them in order, I think you can unlock anything once a week. 

You don't have to do them in order, I think you can unlock anything once a week. 

Ah!  That would make sense yes.

Another run this morning.  Not as good as the previous two.  3 km in 19 min.  Pace still averaged out to 6:23/km but was less even.  km 1 was 5:16, km 2 was 6:53 and km 3 was 6:38.  I did manage to get a sprint in there when a zombie was going to catch me so that probably boosted km 1 a fair bit.

I neglected to warm up first.  It was threatening to rain and I wanted to get out and back before that happened.  Stretching and burpees followed.

Watched a few episodes of Gintama and generally took the afternoon off.  (rest goal!)

Guitar practice was included in rest time, because I felt like it.  Also ran into the video below.  Very nice.

• Like 1

Very inspirational guitar piece. Good for you for getting some practice in on your rest day. Also for getting outside and running without getting eaten by zombies. :D

I finally got caught up on all the music in your thread. The orchestral Ghost in the Shell performance was not at all what I expected. Interesting, but quite different from the theme song to the TV series. Good to listen to while doing my ironing.

• Like 1

Very inspirational guitar piece. Good for you for getting some practice in on your rest day. Also for getting outside and running without getting eaten by zombies. :D

I finally got caught up on all the music in your thread. The orchestral Ghost in the Shell performance was not at all what I expected. Interesting, but quite different from the theme song to the TV series. Good to listen to while doing my ironing.

It was from the Movie soundtrack instead.  Glad you liked it!

Re:  YouSician

http://lifebyexperimentation.com/2015/03/yousician-guitarbots-rocksmith-review/

These largely cover it.  YouSician looks like a great and useful addition to RockSmith but it comes with a rather steep price tag and is limited in a number of ways.  YouSician does supposedly allow one to use GuitarTab files but I haven't seen that on anything official.  The free trial version is very limited but has been fun so far.  It locks you out for a day or so at a time.  It also requires an amp for electric guitars which makes it less late-night-practice friendly.  RockSmith detects through the cable so I can keep everything pretty quiet.

• Like 2

Week 6 Summary:

Judo - Nada.  My training partner is on vacation.  The other had to work on Tuesday.  I should have asked again on Wednesday, but didn't.  Thought Thursday night would work but I ended up needing to go to bed very early to handle middle of the night tech support.  Fail.

Get Outside - Two runs!  We missed an opportunity for frisbee and were annoyed.  Success.

Rest - Yes, an evening and part of Saturday.  I also spent a few hours on Sunday cooking/baking, which was nice.  I have a batch of rice in the fridge, sauteed beet greens with mixed mushrooms and shallots (and LOTS of chili powder), roasted pork chops with apple and sweet potato, and blueberry scones from a Purest bakery mix.  They're really really good and I ate too many yesterday... 

Guitar - Twice or maybe three times.  Bit hazy.  One of them was shorter.  Success!

Overall:

Judo - got my Shodan and we worked out most weeks.  Much better than last year.  Pass

Get Outside - I missed one week but was out several times several times the last few.  Have also started running a bit more.  Pass.

Rest  - Every week except one.  This was good and it's one that I'm continuing.

Guitar - Very few practices, perking up at the end. Fail, but getting the rest thing going is helping free up time so I'm inclined to practice more.  I've determined that I like it enough to get my own guitar and will be trying to do that over the rest week while I'm on vacation.  Provided the vacation happens.

Several weeks did not feel great, but it went well overall.  I'm also in a generally good place in life.  Pretty happy with everything :-)

That being said, Facebook is causing some concern re: family politics and sensitivities.  I may largely stick to Judo and nerd topics on there.  Considering this.

• Like 6

These largely cover it.  YouSician looks like a great and useful addition to RockSmith but it comes with a rather steep price tag and is limited in a number of ways.  YouSician does supposedly allow one to use GuitarTab files but I haven't seen that on anything official.  The free trial version is very limited but has been fun so far.  It locks you out for a day or so at a time.  It also requires an amp for electric guitars which makes it less late-night-practice friendly.  RockSmith detects through the cable so I can keep everything pretty quiet.

I was still installing it when I shared the link. I got a little too excited. I have played with it a little, but am having problems with getting kicked off because of internet or computer errors, and then I can't use it again because it used it my daily use!  I was happy about it because I have an acoustic guitar.

I understand about Facebook. That is where 1/3 of my family drama has come from, which is nuts to me. I keep considering getting rid of it completely, but there are times when I genuinely enjoy it and being able to share with some people. I hope we can both find a happy place with it! :)

Yay for challenge passes!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing the review. I signed up for the piano beta test. I'll let you know how that looks. I'm guessing it has to use the mic on a phone or tablet. My piano has no electronic anything.

I hardly use facebook anymore, except to post tumblr stuff.  Also, my brother, mom and I myself who use facebook tend to just post mostly positive things or maybe work/chore things ("Welp looks like it's time to garden", "Studying for Exam.", "Basement renovation is eating my soul") so thankfully I'm able to avoid most facebook drama, though it exists.

Awesome work on the challenge and passing the side quests! Happy that everything went well here :D

I was still installing it when I shared the link. I got a little too excited. I have played with it a little, but am having problems with getting kicked off because of internet or computer errors, and then I can't use it again because it used it my daily use!  I was happy about it because I have an acoustic guitar.

I understand about Facebook. That is where 1/3 of my family drama has come from, which is nuts to me. I keep considering getting rid of it completely, but there are times when I genuinely enjoy it and being able to share with some people. I hope we can both find a happy place with it! :)

Yay for challenge passes!

It does seem pretty cool and the beginning lessons filled in something that I hadn't known.  It would work great with an acoustic guitar.

Cheers to that.  

Thanks for sharing the review. I signed up for the piano beta test. I'll let you know how that looks. I'm guessing it has to use the mic on a phone or tablet. My piano has no electronic anything.

It does use the microphone.  You should be fine!

I hardly use facebook anymore, except to post tumblr stuff.  Also, my brother, mom and I myself who use facebook tend to just post mostly positive things or maybe work/chore things ("Welp looks like it's time to garden", "Studying for Exam.", "Basement renovation is eating my soul") so thankfully I'm able to avoid most facebook drama, though it exists.

Awesome work on the challenge and passing the side quests! Happy that everything went well here :D

Yeah, I got asked to come back to it to be in contact with my brother (awesome) and extended family members.  We have some differing outlooks on life and priorities.

For the board game fans, Tragedy Looper was pretty fun.

• Like 1

Yeah, I got asked to come back to it to be in contact with my brother (awesome) and extended family members.  We have some differing outlooks on life and priorities.

What a tactful way to describe your family. No wonder you are happily living a long way away from most of them. ;)

• Like 1

It sounds like you basically ukemi'd yourself into a better place. Nothing went quite according to plan, but you tried, and in so doing you found yourself leveled up from where you were.

I honestly think a lot of these Challenges go this way. None of them ever really seem to survive their first contact with the real world, so you roll with it and make it work the best you can. Which you did, and like you say, you're in a place where you feel better.

I mean, that's kind of the point of the whole game, isn't it?

• Like 2

What a tactful way to describe your family. No wonder you are happily living a long way away from most of them. ;)

Heh, I try to play nice.  They live fairly close by but we're all busy with whatever we have going on and I don't get together with them often.  I'm really close to my parents and awesome brother, but they're much farther away.

Congrats on getting your shodan!! That's so great!

And well done with the rest of the challenge. :)

Thanks!   Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it.

It sounds like you basically ukemi'd yourself into a better place. Nothing went quite according to plan, but you tried, and in so doing you found yourself leveled up from where you were.

I honestly think a lot of these Challenges go this way. None of them ever really seem to survive their first contact with the real world, so you roll with it and make it work the best you can. Which you did, and like you say, you're in a place where you feel better.

I mean, that's kind of the point of the whole game, isn't it?

Largely, yes.  If anything, it went better than my previous few.  Next is more of the same for the most part.  it's cool. 

I'm a bit impatiently awaiting more Judo but schedules and lives trump :-)   That's the way of things.

In rather odd news, I got to sleep at 10:30 last night!  It isn't quite unheard of but it is very unusual.  It was still a broken night but I think I got close to 8 hours overall.  That's more than I've gotten in a while, even if I was up for 90 min in the middle of it.  Going to try and repeat that tonight.  Still feeling perpetually tired but if I can catch up on some sleep over my long weekend, I should feel a lot better.

Dishes and guitar practice first.

• Like 1

Actually, there is some science to say that broken sleep is the norm - a period of sleep, followed by a period of waking, followed by a period of sleep again. The trick seems to be finding a way to relax yourself back to sleep, but you seem to have that well in-hand. :)

Actually, there is some science to say that broken sleep is the norm - a period of sleep, followed by a period of waking, followed by a period of sleep again. The trick seems to be finding a way to relax yourself back to sleep, but you seem to have that well in-hand. :)

I've heard of that!  It seemed to work again last night.  Got to bed later but I also slept more of the night.  I should be off the next five days!  It's very exciting :-)

Guitar practice happened last night.  YouSican until the lesson time ran out, then one of the RockSmith guitarcade games designed to improve your aim with frets.  It's a shooter where you have to get the right fret and string to shoot ducks before they reach a wall.  You have to hit a faster rainbow duck to change strings.  It was silly and fun.

• Like 2

Guitar practice happened last night.  YouSican until the lesson time ran out, then one of the RockSmith guitarcade games designed to improve your aim with frets.  It's a shooter where you have to get the right fret and string to shoot ducks before they reach a wall.  You have to hit a faster rainbow duck to change strings.  It was silly and fun.

Rocksmith sounds like  a lot of fun. I'll have to look into it for a future challenge. I haven't consistently played my guitar in years

• Like 1