Big Show Bounces Back

Big_Show

Day 5

Not so good a day on the food front.  Ate well at work, but when I got home and started hitting the revision I decided to get some takeaway.  Then later on I got some more takeaway to help wash the bottle of wine down (that's the way round it goes, right?).  So it was definitley a case of "1) Just this once is always too often."...

Things are going to be going well on the diet front from next week onwards - due to Ramadan starting (probably on Wednesday), it becomes illegal to eat or drink in public during daylight hours (due to a large percentage of the population fasting).  Things are similarly strict at work; no eating or drinking at your desk, the canteen (and my nemesis, the vending machine) is closed too, and the only place you can is in the break room with door closed.  So the opportunities to snack will be forcibly removed.

2) Lift heavy things twice a week

Definitely a rest day.  Started developing some surprising shoulder DOMS towards the end of the day, and this morning I have some quads DOMS coming into play.  Seriously, DOMS from a few lunges?  WTF is up with that?  And my right calf is still tight, so more foam rolling is continuing to occur.  With associated yelping.

3) Keep moving - quickly if possible
Was originally going to run, but those tight calf muscles put paid to that.  Not looking like I'm going to hit my 3x a week target this week, but hopefully I'll make up for that next week.

LQ) Waaaaagh!!!
Still not done anything with this yet!  Going to count up exactly what needs doing and post a running total on here with my next post.  Provide a bit more accountability.

Went off to do my exam this morning - I think it went pretty well.  The pass mark is 80% and, while there were a couple of answers I wasn't entirely sure about, I'm confident I got over that boundary.  No idea when I find out the result though (the paper's got to be posted back to Australia for a start!), so I'm going to try to put it out of my mind until I get an email through either way.

Incidentally, anyone else on here using Snapchat?

• Like 3

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

sounds like congrats on bossing the exam

and also I get the "just this once" so often. It's like on a Monday I will be like 'oh I don't have chippie often so just this once', then Tuesday 'wow this is a stressful day, I need a costa coffee and cake just this once', Wednesday 'I want a breakfast change, i'll go maccies Just this once'

and all these 'just this onces' add up to absolute bullshit

• Like 3

sounds like congrats on bossing the exam

Cheers bud.  Fingers crossed!

and also I get the "just this once" so often. It's like on a Monday I will be like 'oh I don't have chippie often so just this once', then Tuesday 'wow this is a stressful day, I need a costa coffee and cake just this once', Wednesday 'I want a breakfast change, i'll go maccies Just this once'

and all these 'just this onces' add up to absolute bullshit

Exactly mate.  So everything I consume is going to be written up in full on this thread, without fail.  No omissions, no substitutions, no lies.

Starting tomorrow.  Today is the last chance for a night before Qatar goes dry for Ramadan, so cider shall be consumed!

--------------------------------------------------

In other news, I've counted up how many models I need to paint to get my 500pt army ready.  I've currently got 16 boyz painted (with a few more done, but I don't have any bases that fit them), so to complete the army (and current challenge) I need to pian 30 more boyz, 2 boss nobz, 1 warboss & 1 weirdboy.  So that's 34 models.  That's nothing, right?

At the rate I've currently been painting them, that would take me through to 2016.  I want to finish them in time to have some games before I leave the country for my holidays, so I need to get a bit of a shift on!

• Like 5

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Day 5

Not so good a day on the food front.  Ate well at work, but when I got home and started hitting the revision I decided to get some takeaway.  Then later on I got some more takeaway to help wash the bottle of wine down (that's the way round it goes, right?).  So it was definitley a case of "1) Just this once is always too often."...

Things are going to be going well on the diet front from next week onwards - due to Ramadan starting (probably on Wednesday), it becomes illegal to eat or drink in public during daylight hours (due to a large percentage of the population fasting).  Things are similarly strict at work; no eating or drinking at your desk, the canteen (and my nemesis, the vending machine) is closed too, and the only place you can is in the break room with door closed.  So the opportunities to snack will be forcibly removed.

Sounds like a forced opportunity to spend two weeks building a different mindset and new habits.

Also, Snapchat makes me feel old.

• Like 2

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

In other news, I've counted up how many models I need to paint to get my 500pt army ready.  I've currently got 16 boyz painted (with a few more done, but I don't have any bases that fit them), so to complete the army (and current challenge) I need to pian 30 more boyz, 2 boss nobz, 1 warboss & 1 weirdboy.  So that's 34 models.  That's nothing, right?

612873b763dadbd2c76ce523c1c2c312a2d1b49f

• Like 2

Lvl 58 Multitasker

Sounds like a forced opportunity to spend two weeks building a different mindset and new habits.

Four and a half weeks actually!

• Like 2

I just don't get Snapchat.  Like, so it shares photos with your "snapchat friends" and then deletes the photo after 10 minutes or something?  But I see snapchat screenshots all over the web so.... it's not really working very well if people are able to save copies of your photo you explicitely DON'T want saved??  I don't get why you would want to share a photo with someone for 10 minutes and then have it deleted forever??  Unless it's like a pic of your butt or something? Can't you just TEXT the photo???

..... Sorry.  Yeah, olds.

Enjoy your cider!!  *brofist*

• Like 4

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

It's all the rage with my college students. I don't get it either... and also the fact that in Snapchat's "agreement" it says that they'll delete your photos from their records "as soon as they can" which I think means they hang on to them. And, while I'm not generally paranoid, that gives me the heeby-jeebies. Clearly, I'm a nervous old lady...ha!

tumblr_inline_n8j9w6xyIq1r7ffn0.gif

Enjoy your cider! I may allow myself an adult beverage indulgence while watching the USA v Sweden Women's World Cup match later on tonight...

• Like 2

Level 7 Valkyrie Scout

STR 8 | DEX 7 | STA 10 | CON 7.5 | WIS 13 | CHA 12

Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
Battle Log

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

i use the snap chat. mostly for pics of food or funny stuff. 

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

i use the snap chat. mostly for pics of food or funny stuff.

Me too. Stuff that's too trivial even for a FB message :)

Day 7

Total write-off. Despite best intentions, cidr lead to whisky, whisky lead to shots, and shots led to suffering the next morning...

Back on it today. Don't think my Week 1 summary is going to be particularly impressive when I do that later on...

• Like 1

Snap chat, twitter, I used to think I was with it but this sort of stuff just makes me feel old. I don't where people find the time for all this stuff. Anyway I thought snap chat just for sexy selfies and bullying?!

Shots are never a good thing, apart from when you're in the moment doing them, then they're awesome! :P

• Like 2

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Week 1 Summary

1) Just this once is always too often.

57%
57%

I ate well four days this week.  But the other three days were absolutely terrible.  Which is absolutely not the way to go about things.

2) Lift heavy things - twice a week

50%
50%

Only did one out of the two workouts planned for the week. 

3) Keep moving - quickly if possible - three times a week

50%
50%

I would put this at one and a half sessions (one aborted due to my calves getting all tight and playing up).

LQ) Waaaaagh!!!

0%
0%

0/33 painted so far.

Not the most inspiring beginning to the challenge.  But it's only one week, and the next five will be a lot better.  No need to give just because I got a bad start.

• Like 5

Day 8

Good food today.

Breakfast:  Porck chops 7 eggs

Lunch: Steak & cheese sarnie

Snack: Bowl of cereal

Dinner: Steak & a metric crap-ton of veggies

Not today.

Gave my calf a test run (and my new GPS watch - figured I'd get myself a very early birthday present!).  It seems to have held up ok - the heat kept me very slow, but I did 2.12M in 18:57 @ 8:57/mile.  And it definitely got slower as it went on.  But today there are no complaints, so it looks like the days off have done the trick!

LQ) Waaaaagh!!!

Still not done any of these - time to crack on!

• Like 2

Pork chops and steaks. In a muslim country. During Ramadan

bd2db146741d60661d6eb7e4687db20d47eec41c

You should see how much booze I stocked the flat up with too.  Just in case...

• Like 2

Day 9

Ate well again today.  I think I only consumed about the same number of calories as my BMR, but I've not felt hungry all day so I'm going with it.

Breakfast:  Two bowls of cereal

Lunch: Big-ass omelette with bacon, sweetcorn, red pepper & onions

Dinner: Scotch egg & chicken curry

Ok, that's a bit of an odd dinner.  But I baked some Scotch(-ish) eggs to eat for breakfasts this week (using beef mince instead of sausagemeat, due to the country) and fancied trying one right there and then.  And I was currently cooking the chicken curry using the NF recipe anyway.  Both healthy options though I think.

Today was my range-finder for the Pull exercises.  I hit failure on a couple of them, which is probably due to a) being out of practise, and B) trying to lift at least 10kg more me than last time I did this...

- 5mins skipping

- NM routine

- 3x8:

- - negative-rep pull-ups - 8,4,4,x

- - squats - 8,8,10 - progress to deep assisted squats next time

- - inverted bodyweight rows - 5,4,4,4,3,x

- - plank (1min) - 40s

- - biceps cur; (6kg) - 8,8,10 - increase weight next time

Had another test run after the weights workout - 2.11M in 19:03 @ 9:01/mile - and everything seems to have held up ok.  Fingers crossed I can have a crack at a full 5k tomorrow.

LQ) Waaaaagh!!!

Undercoated a load of boyz today, so proper painting of them can commence shortly.

It's been a nice long weekend, but unfortunately it's back to work tomorrow.  Still, at least that only leaves three days until the weekend then!

• Like 2

P.S. In the two hours since I finished my workout, my back has become suprisingly sore. I appear to DOMS without the Delay.

That's right - I have OMS.

I need to get back in practise at this exercise malarkey...

• Like 4

Instant OMS.  And not the soothing yogi oommmmmmmm kind... the CAPITAL LETTER TAKE NO PRISONERS OMS.

• Like 3

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

P.S. In the two hours since I finished my workout, my back has become suprisingly sore. I appear to DOMS without the Delay.

That's right - I have OMS.

I need to get back in practise at this exercise malarkey...

OMS =

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10033-1374283936-5.

• Like 3

Level 7 Valkyrie Scout

STR 8 | DEX 7 | STA 10 | CON 7.5 | WIS 13 | CHA 12

Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
Battle Log

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

OMS are a terrible, terrible thing.  One hopes that the DOMS will not decide to make an appearance as well.

Not too shabby for week 1, dude, not too shabby!  Let's see you best yourself this week!

• Like 1

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

OMS are a terrible, terrible thing.  One hopes that the DOMS will not decide to make an appearance as well.

Not too shabby for week 1, dude, not too shabby!  Let's see you best yourself this week!

The DOMS have indeed come to join the OMS today, as expected.  Ah well.  I'm wearing them as a badge of honour.

I've also worked out a more positive way of looking at them - if I'm 10kg heavier than last time I was trying these exercises, that means that once I've dropped the weight back off I will be so much better at doing pull-ups than I was before!  Added incentive to drop this load off my gut so I can showoff just how good at them I am :)

• Like 5