Big Show Bounces Back

Big_Show

Week 4 Summary

1) Just this once is always too often.

Another rubbish week on this front - at least I now have confirmation that my eating is related to my emotions, and that's something I can work on. There are books & websites with techniques, so I'll have to apply them.

2) Lift heavy things - twice a week

Only one this week. No excuses.

3) Keep moving - quickly if possible - three times a week

One run & two squash games. Mission successful.

One week left of this challenge, at the end of which I fly home to see my family for FOUR WHOLE FREAKIN' WEEKS. I can hardly wait!

Before that, though, I have to think about Week -20 of marathon training. It's still crazy hot out here, but I'm going to commit to doing 3x 4M runs and keeping my diet clean. That'll set me up doing slightly more mileage while at home the week after.

One week left. Better make it a good one!

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Day 36!

I ate very well indeedy today.  Egg monster for breakfast, chicken & veggies for lunch, a couple of turkey wraps as snacks, cereal as a pre-exercise snack, steak & veggies for tea.  And a single cold bottle of cider - see later).

Today was officially the first day of my pre-marathon-training (I miscounted last week - this is definitely Week -20) and it was just an easy 4M.  Or at least it should have been an easy four miles, but this damn heat meant it was exhausting, and the humidity continued to go up as the sun went down.  I headed out at 18:00 - next time I'll try 17:45 to see if the extra 15mins makes any difference.  Temp/humidity changes really quiclly at this time of the evening, so it's worth a bit of an experiment I guess.

Anyway, after 4.2M in 39:45 @ 9:26/mile (the effort involved felt like I should have been going a lot further/faster!) I just had to reward my self with one of the cold bottles from the firdge.  They're only 330ml bottles, and it made me feel a damn sight better than t0eh dripping wreck I was when I walked through the door!  I think that'll me my motivation - no cold cider in the flat unless I earn it first.

Playing squash after work tomorrow so I'd better go pack my bag and get shit done for the morning at work - just two days left and then I'm on holiday!

Can. Not.  Wait.

• Like 1

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

WHOOO HOLIDAY!  Running in the UK is going to be so much easier - you may even find that you have developed DESERT SUPERPOWERS and are now unstoppable!

• Like 1

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

I'm not dealing with anything like the heat you are, but I know your pain. It is completely soul sucking to work so hard and be so miserable and have so little to show for it. When it's hot out, it's hard to tell if the training is doing any good at all, or if you are just sinking farther into some kind of pit of misery. You just gotta go on effort (or HR) and trust the process.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

WHOOO HOLIDAY!  Running in the UK is going to be so much easier - you may even find that you have developed DESERT SUPERPOWERS and are now unstoppable!

Desert superpowers would be cool.  Although I'm mainly just imaging enormous ears to help me cool down, like those foxes.  Should probably aim higher really.

I'm not dealing with anything like the heat you are, but I know your pain. It is completely soul sucking to work so hard and be so miserable and have so little to show for it. When it's hot out, it's hard to tell if the training is doing any good at all, or if you are just sinking farther into some kind of pit of misery. You just gotta go on effort (or HR) and trust the process.

I've got the HR sensor still in the box - never trained by heartrate so not entirely sure whether to start going about it or not.  Might be a bit depressing out here!

One last run tonight in the horrible horrible heat, then the next one will be back in the UK!

Day 37!

Played squash after work last night - good fun, despite me utterly failing to win a single game!  Got another one arrnaged for Wednesday morning, so hopefully I'll redeem myself then.

Food was good all day until I got home, when I had to pop over to the shop for some supplies and ended up buying ice cream... I'm going to have to start just avoiding the freezer section entirely.  Can't really see another way of getting round this one!

Today is my last day at work before the holidays start.  Luckily I've got enough work to make it go relatively quickly, but hopefuly none of the annoying stuff that makes the day more stressful (touch wood).  I think everybody else should be winding down (even further) to the public holidays, so I'm not expecting anything new to come in.  Hopefully.

T9W9OmD.jpeg

Just think about this while you run.  Hold it in your heart...

• Like 1

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Hey man - happy end of challenge!  Hope you are enjoying the hell out of your holiday, and we'll see you back on the forums in a week or so, yeah?

Enjoy some well-deserved rest!

• Like 1

Well I reckon I'm a bit overdue for a challenge wrap-up post!  Let's see how things have gone this time.

1) Healthy eating

I just didn't really succeed with this one at all the be honest.   A brand new approach will be necessary when I get back to the sandpit.

2) Lift heavy things twice a week

I managed this for four out of the six weeks, so relatively successful.  I'll score myself an 80% for this one: +2.4 STR

3) Keep moving - quickly if possible - three times a week

I hit all of these every week for the full challenge.  Very pleased with it indeed: +3 STA

4) Paint 33 Ork models

Managed 20/33 , so that's a 60%: + 1.8 DEX

I've been away on holiday for two weeks now, got another fortnight left to go as well.  Planning on starting up my new challenge thread (admittedly a bit belatedly) either today or tomorrow.  Already started cracking on with the new plans!

• Like 1

Will be keeping an eye out for that new challenge thread

Here you go - http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/69501-Big-Show's-Long-Road-to-Brighton:-Chapter-The-First#entry1582551

Sent from my GT-S7582 using Tapatalk