Bast is just getting started...

OK, well, I'm starting this as an interim venue to entertain musings and wax poetic or just generally get thoughts out of my head and organized as I prepare for new Challenges...

So this year started out as a bit of a flop...

I started my first 6 Week Challenge in January, then got derailed by life...if you want initial details, here's my initial intro and battlelog.  I did meet some great people and make some cool friends from both the Cutlasses and Shimmy Accountabilibuddies...not to mention, catch the eye of some Assassin Ambassadors!!

But as the saying goes, I got back up on that horse and succeeded in completing my first 6WC (April 13-May 25)!!  Sadly, the Cutlasses and Shimmy Accountabilibuddy groups both took time off this round, but I maintained a couple of those friendships, and once again, caught the attention of the Assassins Guild...so now that I've passed the Recruits Challenge, a few pounds lighter and more than a few inches thinner, armed with knowledge and a hunger for something more...

I look towards my next challenge...

200.gif

Bast

Level 8 Assassin Goddess

STR: 19 DEX: 17 STA: 18 CON: 18 WIS: 18 CHA: 19

Challenges:  Current 7 5 4 3 2 1 1/2 Battle Log

PvP: Adulting & Accountability: The CutLasses Shimmy!

It's not how you start, but how you finish! ~ David Bach, Finish Rich

Finding Ways to Cope

Main Goals:  Controlled Weight Gain, Don't be a Slug and Necessities

Life Goal:  The Clock is Ticking

Assassins Guild Mini Challenges: No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Us - Assassin's Pride

Wow...I'm amazingly behind on all this...since my last (first) post, I have completed two more 6WCs!!

I successfully completed my first challenge with the Assassin's Guild...and had a BLAST doing it!!  The Minis were AWESOME!!  I learned alot and helped a friend find her way to and around her first NF6WC (she's now an Assassin Guildmate!)  My only failure was in posting my progress on my own thread...

...which I got better at during the next 6WC!  Once again the Minis were amazing, I learned even more and got to cheer on a few new friends!  This time around, thanks to Tundralily, I got to do my first PvP!!  No points there, but it helped me stay on track with my Life Quest of "Controlling CHAOS"!  I finished strong, despite more than a few hiccups along the way, but all that is in detail on my thread...

Looking ahead to the next 6WC (which is only 2 days away...), I am looking at where I need the most work, and that's my NF postings...that has been my greatest struggle on here...I tend to loose track of time by reading EVERYTHING and commenting EVERYWHERE instead of skimming, I also get delayed in posting my updates (if they get posted at all, as was seen in my second 6WC), but most of all, I know I tend to spend too much time searching for the perfect pic or gif to post...  Also this round, it looks like my hubby might actual rejoin the Rebellion!  He's asked me to help him out with his first thread, but that'll be fairly easy, since he'll have to restart with the Recruits.  

I still have no idea what my new thread title or theme will be...I guess I'll have to think on that one a bit...

tumblr_inline_mk4z05iT0t1r412xd.gif

Bast

Level 8 Assassin Goddess

Finding Ways to Cope

Assassins Guild Mini Challenges: No Power in the 'Verse Can Stop Us - Assassin's Pride

Well, here I am again...I just completed another 6WC and a lot happened in this one...

First, there were a few firsts...I was an Assassin Ambassador for the first time, I helped my hubby complete his first 6WC as a Recruit (FINALLY!), I got to "meet" Starsapart and help her out with the Minis (not very much, though...she was all over it...I was just a sounding board)...

There were also some "no surprises"...I always get wrenches thrown into the works...I had some scheduling issues, I had a lot of outside influences mucking up my intentions, I had issues with telling people "no" when they made requests of me, I got really really sick the last two weeks..

And of course, I bit off more than I could chew in a few areas...as usual...tried to over do it in the adulting area of my Life Quest, mostly...

Now I need to gear up for the next 6WC...which is only 4 days away...hey, at least I'm getting started on this one sooner!  I know this one will be interesting for a number of reasons...

First of all, Geldrich and I will be doing this challenge together and in the same guild...for the last year, I've been doing the challenges solo...and this last one he was a Recruit and I kinda played mentor / ambassador, but we did have a few things that coincided...like the diet...I followed his diet with him in order to be supportive of what he was doing and he needed my assistance twice a week in completing his goals (I had to count and time him for his mock PRTs twice a week).  But with his PRT over, that with both change...as well as being in the same guild, we may be either allies or competitors in the minis...

Also, this challenge enters into the biggest Holiday Season of the year...Thanksgiving will be smack in the middle of it and it will end just before Yule...all pretty darn close, if you ask me....plus, based on the past challenges (yeah, I went back and checked out the scheduling tendencies of the past challenges), this will be the last one for the year...the next one won't start until after New Years...well, unless there's another Holiday Mini (they weren't every year, so maybe or maybe not...)...so yeah, lots to contemplate here...

I've got a lot of ideas praddling around in my head (which is why I'm on here spit-balling instead of sleeping...)  I figured I could perhaps get them out of my skull and get some input from others, but it seems that no one is following this particular thread of mine, so I'll just have to get it all out of my head and bounce it all off myself...no biggie...

tumblr_inline_mfaef8Azrz1r7k9y5.gif

Bast

Level 8 Assassin Goddess

Finding Ways to Cope

6 WC...a work in progress...

Ok, so I'm going to do some spit-balling here to try to figure out what I wanna do this round...

Theme...

I have no idea right now...perhaps something Holiday-ish...looking over what I've written, I've come up with a lot of Seasonal/Holiday title options for each Quest...

I really haven't had a "theme" since my first Assassin's Challenge...I guess I'm either not imaginative enough or have proper Google-fu to get the pics and gifs...

Title...

"Bast Maintains for Holiday Survival"

"Bast Plots for the Holiday Battle Royale"

"Bast Maintains Seasonal Balance"

Epic Quest...  "Defeat my mortal enemy" or "beat into remission"

As always, this will be to inspire me to overcome Fibro...

I like how I did a weekly inspiration and assessment of how it was coming...I think it helped me to see what worked and where I needed improvement....I also hope it helped others who battle the same issue...

If I do a reward, it would definitely be WIS and CHA..but how would I allocate points?

Main Quest 1..."Fat sculpting experiment" or "baby it's cold inside"

Although I like that I've been looking at inch loss vs. weight loss, I don't think I've been very successful...looking at my beginning and ending numbersI over the last 4 challenges, I just seem to be repeating the same thing over and over...I loose anywhere from 1 to 3.5 pounds and 5 to 9 inches during the challenge, but gain most of it back during the break...that's a vicious cycle I need to break if I'm going to reform my body...

I'm thinking I may try an experiment this round...I read a blurb on Facebook about freezing fat cells and thinking it was a hoax, I did some research.  I discovered that not only wasn't it a hoax (I found several scientific articles and research papers on the subject), there are also companies (mainly stateside) that do it as a non-surgical alternative to liposuction.  There were a couple of the medical reference articles that suggested that similar results could be accomplished by using ice packs a few times a week.

I think perhaps my goal will be to not gain any weight or inches...basically maintain during the Season of Eating...but also to do the experiment 3 times a week.  Points will only be allocated for doing the ice pack treatment (3 per week for a total of 18 points).  If I loose substantial inches, great!  Then I'll consider the experiment a success and may try it again to sculpt other areas of my body...if not, then I'll chock it up as a failure and no harm no foul...  However, the key word here is "substantial"...among my past challenges, I average loosing about 7 inches (and regain an average of 5 inches during each break), so I'll have to consider any loss less than 7 inches as part of the regular challenge.  Maybe I can allocate a "bonus point" for lost inches over 7...hmmm...something to think about

Reward:  WIS, CHA

Main Quest 2...  "Run Run Rudolph" or "Revamping the Activities" or "Reindeer Games"

This will, of course, be my activity Quest.  There are some things that Geldrich and I have discussed doing together...like evening walks and running...

He got on a bit of a tirade (since he's working towards getting to be his Commands Fitness Leader) after reading some studies about runners being leaner than walkers and how stairs vs. flat can create bulkier muscles.  I'm not too sure about the lean part, but I like the idea of being able to build up my stamina by running.  I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, nor do I want to burn out too quickly and I definitely don't want to hurt myself or aggravate my Fibro to where I can't do anything...so I'm going to have to think on this one to determine how often and how much I should do...also do I run for an amount of time or distance...maybe switch it up between walking and running...I need to check out a "C25K" free app that was suggested by a Ranger...it's a couch to 5k program for people new to running to build up their strength and stamina...

I've noticed that since I didn't do any regular yoga during this past challenge, my muscles have gotten a bit tighter and less flexible.  I think I want to reincorporate that into my daily routines. Perhaps I'll redo the Do You Yoga's 30-Day Yoga Challenge...if I do that 5 days a week (Monday through Friday) I can complete it during the 6 weeks.  I know that in the past, I've enjoyed starting my day with Yoga...I tend to wake sore and tight...doing the Yoga helps me gently work out the soreness and loosens me up for the day.

I want to do some more Parkour training, but I know I need to work on body conditioning first.  Geldrich and I talked about doing that together last challenge, but never got to it.  I think I may see about doing this.  I need to toughen myself up...Fibro has made me waaaay too soft and sensitive (physically speaking)...I can't take a hit like I used to...

Sadly, my previous weekend activity of Archery is on hiatus due to the club that runs the archery range I used getting temporarily (hopefully) shut down.  So I'll either use the weekends as recovery days, or to do something with my hubby.

I totally blew chunks on trying to do a new thing each week last challenge...mostly due to scheduling conflicts and illness.  Since things can get pretty hectic around the Holidays, I think I'll incorporate this one as a bonus point.

I didn't do too bad with the weekly mileage increase from 15 to 20 miles.  I wasn't perfect (I only got 3 out of 6...two were short due to illness), but that's ok.  It leaves room for improvement.  Since my weekly mileage needs to reflect doing a little extra to be active (taking the stairs, parking on the far side of the lot, etc.) every day (which comes to just shy of 3 miles per day) rather than specific workouts, I'll have to subtract whatever workout (runs and walks) mileage I clock.  So as long as I get 20 miles, not counting workouts, I'l get a bonus point for the week.

Reward:  STA, DEX, STR

Main Quest 3...  "Seasons Eatings" or "Eating on a Mission - Holiday Special"

So basically, this will be to utilize the food inventory to create healthy meals...which will clear out our excess as well as save some money!  We have about a year left at this duty station, and we have both a deep freezer and regular freezer full and a pantry that's overflowing...it all needs to get eaten!!  When we PCS, we can't take the food with us, and I don't want to continue the PCS tradition of unloading our entire pantry onto friends who will PCS after us (which is how our freezers and pantry got this way, courtesy of our friends who've PCS'd in the last year...).  The goal here is to only purchase what gets used regularly (milk, eggs, cat food, TP, etc) and create all our meals (healthy meals) from what we currently have in the freezer and pantry.  Granted, there may need to be an ingredient here or there that will need to be purchased (like an herb, or fresh regular use item like onions), and that's OK, so long as the bulk comes from the inventory.  I know we will eventually run out of main ingredients...proteins (meat and beans), and veggies (frozen and canned) will most likely be first.  But I want to use up what we have first...once that stock dwindles, then more can be purchased on an as-needed basis.  Once that's done, it'll be easier to organize and keep track of what we have (or don't have) for future meal planning.  I must also keep in mind that with Thanksgiving landing in the middle of this 6WC...and I know I don't have a turkey in my current inventory (Hell, I couldn't fit one in either freezer right now if my life depended on it!  LOL!).  That will be an exception, not a rule.  But hopefully, by the time T-day rolls around, I'll have a decent dent in the inventory!

Part of me is debating if I want to include this as part of the Adulting Life Quest, since it does fall into the decluttering & organizing category.  I also need to decide how to allocate points...we don't always eat breakfast, and lunches tend to be leftovers, so no points there...should I do a point for each inventory item used (which could be pretty high) or for each dish utilizing inventory (that could be 3 or 4 per dinner - protein main dish, veggie side dish, starch side dish, dessert or "extra"...) or for each meal utilizing inventory (which could be up to 3...4 if counting any snacks).

Reward:  WIS, CON

Main Quest 4...  "Batteries not Included" or "Recharging"

I'm not sure if I want to do this again this round...I've been pretty good about doing it...and it does definitely help me...

I think that I'll do the Do You Yoga 30-Day Meditation Challenge...I can do it 5 days a week (Sunday through Thursday) before bed in order to relax and wind down before bed and having to wake the next morn to an alarm.  I'll still do the bedtime 8 hours before the alarm, 5 nights a week (Sunday through Thursday).  Maybe I'll incorporate my before bed routine (clean kitchen, prep launch pad, wash face, brush teeth, & lay out clothes)...I'm pretty bad about not doing it every night.

OK, that's three items (before bed routine, meditation, 8 hours) 5 nights a week (Sunday through Thursday) at 1 point each for 15 points per week and a total of 90 points.  As usual, bonus points for pampering (hair treatment, facial, mani/pedi, bath soak), not to be confused with personal care due to injury or illness...that's just normal maintenance.  

Reward:  CON, CHA

Life Quest 1...  "Surviving Holiday CHAOS" or "Adulting CHAOS"

Yep, another redux...I'm still having difficulty getting my adulting under control.  It's odd...when we lived in Negishi (granted we had all the same stuff, but that house was twice the size of this one...), I had no trouble keeping the house clean and in order and worked 2 part-time jobs...I got up every morning at 0600, was done with all my work (in and out of the house) before 1800 and was able to fix dinner, eat, clean up, relax and be in bed before 2200.  But for some reason, I can't seem to get a handle on things since we've been here...I actually work much less (no job and only 1 student), so theoretically I have more time, but I get much less done in a day...I seriously need to work on that.  

I think I'll end up keeping the tasking and grading the same, with one exception...adding points for doing the Flylady Holiday Cruising Missions...it's already started, and it'll continue through to about the end of November, but then there are "extras" that go almost up to Christmas, and then lastly the "clean up" missions that go through just past New Year's.  There's about 6 per week, so that'd be an extra 6 points per week possible.  I'm also contemplating adding WIS (for the thought that will go into the decluttering) and CHA (for how nice the house will look and make us feel) as a reward...

Reward:  STA, WIS, CHA

Life Quest 2...  "The Holidays, on Schedule" or "The Holiday Line up"

I'm really going to need to be able to stay on top of my (and my hubby's) schedule..things can get very hectic and often get double or triple booked...if I don't do good scheduling, it'll all pile up faster than you can say "snowblower"!!  I also need to do my daily emails and NF posts and updates (including Ambassadoring).  I guess I need to work on "time for everything"...plan a specific amount of time for each task (like the housework for LQ1, emails, NF posts, and even studying).  I suppose I should set a stop watch to see how long it takes me to do certain things (like emails and NF posts)...if it takes a really long time (without distractions or getting sidetracked), then I need to see where I can whittle away and what's taking so long, or find some shortcuts.  The tasking from LQ1, for the most part, shouldn't take more than 15 minutes for each (except the WHB...which is a total of about 5 tasks taking an hour).  I'll probably keep the points and rewards the same.

Reward:  WIS

Life Quest 3...  "Money and Mistletoe" or ...

Yeah, pretty much another revisit...I need to study my Herbology and Finance and I need to get a job...I'll probably keep the allocations the same, but perhaps add "practical applications" for Finance and Herbology as bonus points.  With it being cold & flu season, I'm using more of my Herbology knowledge, but not giving myself the points (didn't fit into the current allocations) and I know I'm going to be assisting with a Finance class next month as well.  I also need to include under Financial Studies my efforts to get advisement from the accreditation school regarding my experience hours.

Reward:  WIS, CHA

For the Guild... "An Assassin for all Seasons" or "Holiday Assassin" ... pending Mini Theme

Per usual, this will be a do or don't kind of situation.  During this last challenge, I had the Ambassadoring under supporting the guild as a do or don't, and didn't allocate any rewards to it.  I'm thinking that perhaps I might lump it under the scheduling so that I can keep track of how often I do it (or need to do it) and I can count the points for that reward.

I'll most likely participate in the Guild Mini...although I don't know what it will be as of yet.  This round will be Geldrich's first with the Assassins, so he'll probably be stoked about the minis.  Although, it could prove interesting for us..since the Guild usually divides up into teams, which are chosen at relative random, we could be either allies or competitors...there's no telling...  And of course, the minis will allocate their own point and reward system that I'll incorporate based on my participation.

Reward:  TBD per mini

Extras...

I don't think I'm going to have either room or time to do anything else...

The Adulting PvP didn't go this past round, nor did the CutLasses or Shimmy Accountibilibuddy groups (not since late last winter)...but who knows...I might check out the CutLasses or Shimmy if they get going again, just for fun.  The Adulting PvP, I'm not so sure.  It wasn't all that fun...they all seemed a bit nit-picky and quite a number of my points didn't get "counted" in the finally tally announcement, even though they were on the spreadsheet.  But we'll see...it's pointless to ponder the "what-ifs" when you already know that your "not sure" is most likely going to be a nix.  As of right now, none of them are up...but I'll check in on occasion until about the second week of the challenge...if they're not up by then, then they most likely won't be there this round...but if they are, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

1892.gif

Bast

Level 8 Assassin Goddess

Finding Ways to Cope

OK, well, I've finally put up my new thread...

and I'm moving over there now...

See ya'll in the Challenge!!

Bast

Level 8 Assassin Goddess

Finding Ways to Cope