tumblr_m856beoJSc1rqjeir.gif

and you're free to smash whatever drinks happen to be around

StoneBeer.jpg

This is PERFECT. I'm not drinking 'cause stone cold said so.

Nothing boring here!

Glad I'm not being boring to the nerds! :D

mmmm avocado

675d88eb1c933ed1b95663989f960da2.jpg

I'm not gonna lie, my knee-jerk response to being asked if I'm pregnant would probably be somewhere along the lines of "eww no!".. But I feel like that's not really helpful haha

Awww that avocado is so cute. *investigates fruitycuties further*

Lol that's basically my reaction too, which is why it intitially did not occur to me even remotely when I first decided to stop drinking.  I think a lot of my friends know that, too so it probably won't really be an issue there, more with my family probably. And they're less likely to get fun references too. Booooo lol

• Like 2

Had a little win just now at lunch.  So as I said yesterday I was planning on starting the challenge today so that the sixth week when I'm in Alaska won't feel as much as a shortening of the 6 weeks I need/want to get my eating habits down pat.  However I did not have a chance to go shopping last night, which means grabbing lunch at the caefeteria-like place walking distance from work.  Every time I go there almost 100% of the time (which honestly isn't often, but when I do) I get a veggie burger with cheese. Today I instead went to the salad bar and made myself a huge nomalicious salad topped with hard boiled egg.  And also green olives.  Man do I love oilves.  The boyfriend hates them so I hardly ever get to eat them.  Honestly this is really delicious and there is zero regret not getting the veggie burger. Every day salad for week 0 day 1: check.

• Like 7

She couldn't remember where the exact recipe is but this is pretty much what I remember making. The nutritional yeast helps boost the cheesy flavor. You can put any assortment of tasty things in it. You do have to use raw cashews but we weren't terribly organic and it was still pretty tasty. Hope it helps. Also yay for the salad bar win! 

• Like 1

joedog, level 15 Monk

Current Challenge

Had a little win just now at lunch.  So as I said yesterday I was planning on starting the challenge today so that the sixth week when I'm in Alaska won't feel as much as a shortening of the 6 weeks I need/want to get my eating habits down pat.  However I did not have a chance to go shopping last night, which means grabbing lunch at the caefeteria-like place walking distance from work.  Every time I go there almost 100% of the time (which honestly isn't often, but when I do) I get a veggie burger with cheese. Today I instead went to the salad bar and made myself a huge nomalicious salad topped with hard boiled egg.  And also green olives.  Man do I love oilves.  The boyfriend hates them so I hardly ever get to eat them.  Honestly this is really delicious and there is zero regret not getting the veggie burger. Every day salad for week 0 day 1: check.

Honestly, I am quite impressed. I tend to forget about all my good intentions whenever I'm not preparing the food myself... (I usually make worse choices than a veggie burger, too.) So I just kind of avoid those situations. I bet my salad at a salad buffet wouldn't have been recognisable as one either. Everything but the green stuff. Ah, who am I kidding....  :redface-new:

G5estJa.gif

Well for me rather the last time I ordered a salad, but the sentiment remains, haha. Do you have a favourite dressing? I tend to make balsamic vinaigrette. For almost everything. And with too much garlic - because it truly makes everything better.  :lol: (Except meeting new people?)

Everyday I'm......... salading?

*awkward dance*

giphy.gif

She couldn't remember where the exact recipe is but this is pretty much what I remember making. The nutritional yeast helps boost the cheesy flavor. You can put any assortment of tasty things in it. You do have to use raw cashews but we weren't terribly organic and it was still pretty tasty. Hope it helps. Also yay for the salad bar win! 

Hmmm I do love cashews.  I will put it on the list for must try!

Honestly, I am quite impressed. I tend to forget about all my good intentions whenever I'm not preparing the food myself... (I usually make worse choices than a veggie burger, too.) So I just kind of avoid those situations. I bet my salad at a salad buffet wouldn't have been recognisable as one either. Everything but the green stuff. Ah, who am I kidding....  :redface-new:

Well for me rather the last time I ordered a salad, but the sentiment remains, haha. Do you have a favourite dressing? I tend to make balsamic vinaigrette. For almost everything. And with too much garlic - because it truly makes everything better.  :lol: (Except meeting new people?)

I came so close to just being like "ah screw it" but then I saw the olives calling my name. So it was quite a close call. Plus then I knew I'd have to come back here and be like just kidding! Starting tomorrow. And I'd have a sads.  Honestly I did go a bit heavier than is normal on the olives and the hard boiled egg, but there was definitely salad going on with the leafy greens too.  My favourite dressing is probably plain old italian.  Olive oil + balsamic + spices.  Noms.  Sometimes I'll go for a fancier thing, but always a vinaigrette sort of situation.  Creamy salad dressings kind of gross me out. Unless I'm cooking with them, because then they are amazing.

Raspberry vinaigrette has been my jam lately, so good!

I had to look up fruitycuties after you said you were looking at it, I just found the picture and left it at that!

Raspberry vinaigrette is one of my go-to fancier dressings.  It is soooo goood.  Haha yes they are so cute I'm glad I investigated! The internet really has everything.

• Like 1

giphy.gif

Aahhhhh my greatest fear when I go to cons.   The unavoidable horse mask guy (or unicorn in this case).  Add dancing, turn into gif, and you've traumatized Starpuck.

Found you found you.

I think you have gone about things the exact way you're supposed to Raxie!   You set up goals.   As those goals become habits that you  need not think and obsess over, you adopt new goals that face some of your other hurdles.   And then these too will become habits.   You can't do all the hard habit forming at the same time because our willpower and motivation are finite resources!  (See, I read AND retain NF lessons.  Yup yup!)   Way to go girl.  I'm adding some cooking/preparation stuff back into mine too.   So we can leansies on each other.

• Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

Aahhhhh my greatest fear when I go to cons.   The unavoidable horse mask guy (or unicorn in this case).  Add dancing, turn into gif, and you've traumatized Starpuck.

Found you found you.

I think you have gone about things the exact way you're supposed to Raxie!   You set up goals.   As those goals become habits that you  need not think and obsess over, you adopt new goals that face some of your other hurdles.   And then these too will become habits.   You can't do all the hard habit forming at the same time because our willpower and motivation are finite resources!  (See, I read AND retain NF lessons.  Yup yup!)   Way to go girl.  I'm adding some cooking/preparation stuff back into mine too.   So we can leansies on each other.

Lol I apologize for the trauma.  The fear of horsemask guy is real.

NF lessons FTW!

Great job getting a head start on the challenge! BTW...I think if someone asks you if you are pregnant, you could just answer the question and then take the opportunity to ask an incredibly personal question in return.

Actually that is absolutely brilliant. Take the opportunity to make people as uncomfortable as possible. Hahah

look at your hitting nutrition goals out the park

:D Nom nom all the tuna

• Like 1

Ugh I am so unbelievably exhausted today.  I honestly feel like I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in over a week. I just want to sleep forever blahhh.  Gonna go do some yoga and try to wake up and get today's show on the road.  I need to do some laundry as well, there's still so much to do leftover from the boyfriend and my trip to South Carolina and it's just so daunting.  A nice cup of earl gray might do the trick.  Then it's salad time for lunch nom nom.  Tonight I'm going to the movie's with my high school friend who just moved into the same town as me coincidentally, so excited! And it also covers one of my quests in the bye weeks challenge for my happy time! Today will be a productive day I've just gotta get some bounce in my step!

Lets-get-down-to-business.gif

I mentioned this in the wrap up of my last challenge but I'm really excited about it so I'm going to mention it here as well.  There's a gym 2 blocks away from my apartment and it's super cheap, no fancy stuff, just a lot of machines and free weights.  It only has one power rack but the time I went there to check it out at peak gym post-work hours no one was using it so that's a good sign.  I gave myself a line in the sand that I would join the gym once my OHP reached the emply oly bar for 5x5 and it did towards the end of the last challenge, so I'm joining on Monday just in time for the new challenge! I've just been using heavy dumbbells and a barbell that I have at home but now I can finally start to add weight to it hoorayyyy :D I kind of can't wait, but this week is so booked up for me I don't have time 'til Monday.  Plus work out schedule wise that just works better in my brain anyway. Only a few more dayssss!

Confession: I'm actually kind of nervous.  I've never belonged to real gym before.  I've always worked out at home, or at the gymnastics gym back in high school.

• Like 6

Snack report: Had a massive craving for cheese post-yoga.  Ate an avocado sprinkled with some Cajun seasoning and with some melted Diaya cheese on it.  Thanks for reminding me of this stuff, Shaaraway.  It's actually better than I remember it.  Not amazing... but a little more tasty for sure.  I wonder if they changed the recipe.

• Like 2

Tonight I'm going to the movie's with my high school friend who just moved into the same town as me coincidentally, so excited! And it also covers one of my quests in the bye weeks challenge for my happy time! Today will be a productive day I've just gotta get some bounce in my step!

That's really awesome! With most people I lost contact when I moved away... but having one of them living nearby again would be quite cool. :) What movie do you plan to watch? 

I mentioned this in the wrap up of my last challenge but I'm really excited about it so I'm going to mention it here as well.  There's a gym 2 blocks away from my apartment and it's super cheap, no fancy stuff, just a lot of machines and free weights. 

You know, I think the best part is that it is nearby. That just makes it so much more likely that you'll actually go! :) I loved it when I could still walk to gym. Less excuses. 

Confession: I'm actually kind of nervous.  I've never belonged to real gym before.  I've always worked out at home, or at the gymnastics gym back in high school.

I used to be too. Only insight so far: the people who look most intimidating and are really fit were the most laid-back and helpful. The others usually didn't stay for too long. :lol:

Ugh I am so unbelievably exhausted today.  I honestly feel like I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in over a week. I just want to sleep forever blahhh. 

You know what that could be a sign of....

(just kidding...and please note, I didn't actually ask a question, so no open season on questions in return).

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Snack report: Had a massive craving for cheese post-yoga. Ate an avocado sprinkled with some Cajun seasoning and with some melted Diaya cheese on it. Thanks for reminding me of this stuff, Shaaraway. It's actually better than I remember it. Not amazing... but a little more tasty for sure. I wonder if they changed the recipe.

It's interesting, right?! I've been having the mozzerella in my salads... it adds a good taste to it but not necessarily a cheese taste...?? I have yet to try it melted but my boss puts the jack kind on her veggie burgers and melts it and says it's pretty tasty.

I have a decent amount left so I have to brainstorm how to use it all up! I need to invest in one of those zoodle maker things to make veggie noodles so I can eat better nonpasta dishes...

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Giving up dairy is soooo hard! I'm lactose intolerant but I absolutely love cheese. I used to destroy a block of Stilton or a good Brie, then curl up in a ball in agony for the rest of the night. Giving it up was ridiculously hard to start with, but now I don't miss it nearly as much as I thought I would. I do allow myself a little Lactofree cheese every now if I feel a craving coming on (even though it's a poor substitute for a good cheddar).

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

That's really awesome! With most people I lost contact when I moved away... but having one of them living nearby again would be quite cool. :) What movie do you plan to watch? 

You know, I think the best part is that it is nearby. That just makes it so much more likely that you'll actually go! :) I loved it when I could still walk to gym. Less excuses. 

I used to be too. Only insight so far: the people who look most intimidating and are really fit were the most laid-back and helpful. The others usually didn't stay for too long. :lol:

My high school friends are actually still some of my closest friends, I only kept in touch with a few people from college.  Having her around is so awesome now! 

Honestly, I'm not really nervous about the other people. I'm not sure what I'm nervous about.  I just don't like new things... I'm a resistant to change sort of person.  But I'm sure it will be awesome lol.

You know what that could be a sign of....

(just kidding...and please note, I didn't actually ask a question, so no open season on questions in return).

LOL.  That's hysterical. No deeply personal questions in return no worries :D

It's interesting, right?! I've been having the mozzerella in my salads... it adds a good taste to it but not necessarily a cheese taste...?? I have yet to try it melted but my boss puts the jack kind on her veggie burgers and melts it and says it's pretty tasty.

I have a decent amount left so I have to brainstorm how to use it all up! I need to invest in one of those zoodle maker things to make veggie noodles so I can eat better nonpasta dishes...

I think I'm going to try the swiss slices next.  Right now I just have the shredded cheddar.  It actually melts pretty decently, which is another reason I think they may have changed their recipe because the last time I tried it melting it just turned it into half oil half clumpy things.

Yes I desperately want one of those too.  Spaghetti squashing is really tiresome lol

for a moment I thought this some new weird style of yoga

Oh man.  I wish.  Or I guess I don't because I'm de-cheesing.  But it does sound like a brilliant money making strategy.

Giving up dairy is soooo hard! I'm lactose intolerant but I absolutely love cheese. I used to destroy a block of Stilton or a good Brie, then curl up in a ball in agony for the rest of the night. Giving it up was ridiculously hard to start with, but now I don't miss it nearly as much as I thought I would. I do allow myself a little Lactofree cheese every now if I feel a craving coming on (even though it's a poor substitute for a good cheddar).

I've been trying to give up cheese for over a year now with little success.  For some reason cheese, not all dairy, hurts me. But I think it might be easier to give up all of it instead of just cheese because maybe with no dairy coming in and out of my system I'll want it all less? Not sure if that makes any sense. But that's why I'm giving dairy free a go this challenge. I hope I can get to the point when I don't miss it as much! I definitely am an entire-block-of-cheese killer. If it's good cheese.

• Like 1

Yesterday I had a serioussss case of the blah's, as I think I made clear in my update.  I didn't get hardly anything I wanted to done BUT I managed to stay dairy free and hit all of my food goals from the challenge so I'm OK with it.  I did have a bowl of cheerios for lunch (with almond milk) which wasn't terribly healthy, but then I had the avocado snack and for dinner I had baked salmon with a half a sweet potato and a large side salad for dinner. Seriously the salmon was so amazing though it was like

DeliciousGIF.gif

Just some oil, salt, pepper and parsley.  But wow. So. Good.

This simple cooking rule I made for myself I think is really going to work out for me, and make my home cooking goal sustainable. I've had a lot of trouble in the past because I try to do too much complicated stuff but last night definitely proved I can do delicious things AND keep it simple. I mean the complicated stuff does usually turn out delicoius, but it takes so long and doing that every night is seriously draining.

Tonight I will definitely need to get some laundry done so I don't have to worry about it this weekend (which is the worst IMO) and it doesn't spiral out of control into a clothes monster (which it is nearing at this point) and I'm gonna make crab fried rice methinks.  Also I'll need to get some headstand practice in for the bye weeks challenge.  I also want to try out some burpees since I only learned yesterday that apparently you DON'T need to do a real push up for them.  So I might actually be able to do more than 2-3 in a row which excites me in a weird masochistic sort of way. Burpees are evil but intriguing.

• Like 3