• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elliott907

Running Apps

Not sure if there's an app that has this feature, but I'm looking for something for my Samsung that will integrate with my music to tell me when to run, when to walk, etc.  Kinda like C25K (there are TONS of apps called C25k or Couch to 5k now!  Noooo!) or Zombies, Run!, but that will work with my music.  Last time I used a C25k app it was like listening to white noise, or not even having anything on, and then I'd have to look at my phone to know when to change activity level.  Was very disappointing. 

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

I could never find an app that integrated the way I wanted so I ended up with the free version of MapMyRun with whatever playlist I'd put together.

My goals were all time based, though (i.e. A 30 sec. Punk song for running followed by a 1:30 folk song for walking). If you're shooting for distance goals you may be boned.

I could never find an app that integrated the way I wanted so I ended up with the free version of MapMyRun with whatever playlist I'd put together.

My goals were all time based, though (i.e. A 30 sec. Punk song for running followed by a 1:30 folk song for walking). If you're shooting for distance goals you may be boned.

Mine are time based, I just want something to tell me when to run, when to walk!  I guess formatting a specific playlist would be helpful, and easily changed up for progress.   Good idea!

Zombies, Run! does work with your playlist, but not if you're using Google Play Music (last I checked). It has to be a playlist stored on your phone.

Nike+ Running will integrate with your playlist as well, and it doubles as a GPS and pace tracker as well, giving you updates on pace, time elapsed, and distance traveled. It even has a feature called Power Song I think, that lets you cue up a couple of tunes that really get you psyched for when you want to push a bit harder, or when you hit a nasty hill and need an extra motivational kick -- these you can play at the push of a button while on the run. It may be able to cue you for intervals; I've never tried it for that.

I was looking for the same thing, got frustrated, and ended up writing my own script in Tasker. My script follows the guidelines in http://running.about.com/od/getstartedwithrunning/ht/getstarted.htm for an 8 week to 5k program (run/walk), but could easily be retrofitted or as a guide for your own needs. If you have Tasker, I can paste the script here for you.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The free MapMyRun app lets you set your splits for times between 30 seconds and 20 minutes; or for distances from 0.1 miles to 25 miles. I will typically just adjust this split to my needs and then use my music playlist.