The problem? Still fitting through doors.

I BROKED MY WATER BOTTLE!

Disaster, I say!

I'm a weird kid with stuff like this.  I wouldn't eat ice cream that had deformed because I thought it wouldn't taste the same (it doesn't) and when it comes to finding a water bottle... it was tough.  Many have been tried and very few have made it past the vetting process.  You can't get a feel for a good water bottle until you get it on the road in every day situations.  This was the small mouth Nalgene bottle, perfect for the car or the gym.  It feel on a rock and cracked and I must now hunt for a new one.  Condolences are welcome.

Onto the workout.

Skwaat: Heavy

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 5

WS

1- 225 x 5

1- 315 x 2

1- 345 x 1

1- 355 x 1

So I did that, which was neat.  Still not hitting my goal of 375, but I did a poop ton of volume yesterday.  Next week's schedule will be reversed so I'll come in fresh on Monday and hopefully smash on it.  Tomorrow is obviously more volume, which might just preclude hitting it on Thursday.  Who knows though, every day is a new adventure.

OHP: Heavy

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 5

WS

1- 155 x 1

1- 175 x 1

1- 185 x 1

Looks like the volume game has worked quite nicely here.  That is actually a PR and close to my 6 week challenge of 200lbs.  It was slow going up, but I locked out fully and yelled a bit.  I usually don't, but it felt right today.  Sometimes you have to let out a quick yell, no matter the amount you are lifting.

Another cool thing for today was me using my Dad's weight belt.  This thing is sweet.  It's gotta be at least 20 years old, all leather with one clasp but it looks and works great.  My other belt was kind of cheap and it would cut into my sides.  This one felt like silk no matter where it was on my abdomen.  It's amazing that I'm going to be using the same piece of leather that my Dad has lifted in hundreds of times.  Humbled by gratitude for sure.

Lates.

• Like 1

In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas.

Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify.

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

You either do it or you die.

Battle Log

It was a tough day today.  I felt weak and tired.  Maybe it's my body getting used to skwaaats everyday, or the fact that I did volume first days of the week, but whatever it was, this hump day beat me up.  I got in a workout, which is good, but man oh man... not too happy.

Skwaat: Volume

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 10

WS

4- 225 x 8

Trying to make my legs do what they should was a struggle today.  I'm glad I was able to get that much volume in.  Everyone has a bad day now and again, but it's been so good for so long.  There is always tomorrow.

BP- Heavy

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 5

WS

1- 225 x 3

1- 245 x 1

Another sad lift.  245 was all I had in me today and this is not a lift that you want to drop sets in.  I felt my elbows crinkle, which is a new sensation.  No pain, just hearing rice crispies.  I'll have to do some research but I think I'm developing tendonitis.  Joy, another new mob to add to my extensive nightly stretching.

DL- Heavy

WU

1- 135 x 5

1- 225 x 5

WS

1- 315 x 1

0- 385 x 1

A rare miss on deadlift.  It felt like a million pounds.  I could've gone lighter and gotten at least one good heavy lift in, but I hadn't eaten lunch and it was hot and I'm drained from looking at houses and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!  Such a whiny little baby.  My kid got shots for her one year check up and she didn't cry this much.  I'll just drink my chocolate milk and have a little cry.

The sun will come up tomorrow...

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

I missed the damn 265 skwaat AGAIN.  It's becoming frustrating.  I get to the hole, get out of the hole and then... nothing.  I have to bail out.  This is the third time!  Next week is heavy on Monday, so here's to hoping.  Let's see the damage:

Skwaaat: Heavy

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 5

WS

1- 225 x 3

1- 315 x 3

1- 345 x 1

0- 365 x 1

345 was a bit of a struggle and I realize there is a 20lbs difference but I want it so bad I can taste it.  It's the end of the week and I may have taken some pre-workout today.  I was jazzed and sweaty and reaaaaaaaaaaally wanted it bad.  The guy next to me told me my form was good though, we chatted and he mentioned some programs I'm going to research tonight.  So I'll take that as a win for the day.

OHP- Volume

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

WS

2- 115 x 8

2- 135 x 5

1- 155 x 5

Nailed this like a split hog.  Ever since I've been doing volume, I can feel my press get so much stronger from workout to workout.  This beginner gainz will end, but hopefully not before I reach my 200 goal.  Next week is volume before heavy, so I might not get it next week, but you never know.  I'm going to for sure do an accessory workout tomorrow and I will post an accounting of it.

4 day weekend.  I see lots of bourbon in my future.  And burgers.  And fries.

'Meruca.

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

I will be taking today off to drink American bourbon, American summer shandies and eat American dead cow flesh.  

'Merica

But I managed to liberate some gainz yesterday in an accessory workout session.  I'm not going to include the weights that I worked at because I am thinking it's not as relevant as what the set/reps ratio is.  So let's see it.  

Iso decline bench: 5 x 10

Triceps push down: 5 x 10

Lat pull down: 5 x 10

Seated military press: 5 x 10

Hanging bent leg raise: 5 x 10

Sit ups (decline, paused): 2 x 10

So my trapezius muscle are sore today and my shoulders feel tight which I'm going to take as good signs.  It was weird being in a gym and now touch a barbell.  Freaky.  But Monday will come again and I'll be back with my gym true love.  Is there anything that anyone would add to this list?  Subtract?  Was it silly to do in the first place?

Come on people, I need answers!

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

A good and bad day.  Good, because I hit a new PR in skwaats.  A bad day because I didn't have time to do bench and I stood in the sun all day.  Try it right now.  Stand with your feet together, hands to your side, straight up, and looking forward.  After a few minutes, your buttocks and lower back will tighten up... your shoulders will start to cramp and then your toes will go numb.  If you're lucky and you hold it for too long, you cut off blood flow through your femoral arteries and you pass out.  It's never happened to me but I've seen and treated it plenty.

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 5

WS

1- 225 x 3

1- 315 x 1

1- 365 x 1

1- 385 x 1

I guess all that volume really helped out.  I'm going to have to tweak my workouts a bit to get more volume in without a tiring heavy day the day after next.  Maybe a week of heavy and a week of volume?  I also got a lot of good advice as far as accessory work.  I can feel my body start to get more broken down by doing these everyday.  Or it could just be the standing.  Either way really, I think a change is in order.

DL: Heavy

WU

1- 135 x 5

1- 215 x 5

WS

1- 315 x 2

1- 405 x 1

0- 425 x 1

Poo, missed it again.  I would've dropped weight to just bump past 405 but I was so drained and knew I still needed to eat lunch and then stand for another 3 hours.  So I hung up my belt and walked away, defeated by >405.  But 405 is getting easier so that's good signs.  Maybe next week will be my week for it.  

All in all, not such a bad day.  I didn't have time to do shoulder mobility, which is why I skipped benching today.  Tomorrow will be OHP though, very exciting stuff.  It's heavy first this week, let's see if we can get to where we want to be.

Won't you be my neighbor?

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

Just read through your thread, Awesome.

Still getting Gainz which is cool, but even better working with your Dad's belt!

I totally concur OHP sucks, big time.

Thank you so much for reading through!  Yes, it is awesome to use my Dad's belt.  If it isn't broke, don't fix it.  And in honor of reading all the way through, let's see the workout today:

I tried something a little different today, as I didn't have time to get to benching yesterday.  I think I'm going to try to go with only two big lifts a day.  I'm skwaaaaating everyday because whatever it's skwaaats and then I'll DL on Monday, bench on Tuesday, OHP on Wednesday and GASP power clean on Thursday.  I feel strong enough and confident enough to give it a try and as I've been working heavily with shoulder mobility, I think I can get into the front rack.  That was stopping me from doing this exercise before.

Skwaaat: Volume

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 10

WS

1- 225 x 5

3- 275 x 5

So I did 150 air squats (not skwaaats) this morning for PT so my adductors were a little fried.  I didn't want to kill myself after hitting such a wonderful new PR so I didn't.  Just got some volume in, quality sets and even paused in the hole for my last set.  Get it, got it... good.

BP: Heavy

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 5

WS

1- 225 x 3

1- 245 x 2

1- 255 x 1

Just a wee bit of weight.  I'm glad I'm over that 225 hump and can smash on some bigger weights.  Obviously, I'm no where near where I want to be as 255 was a struggle but I know it's about the journey and not the sick gainz.  Well, it is about the sick gainz.  And the journey.  Either way really.  I'm just happy to be healthy and lifting. 

Accessory:

5 x 10

Low row

Triceps push down

Yes, I have switched my workouts.  Again.  I'm going to be working more pulling exercises into my routine.  I'm not going to include the weight because I'm not going to write it down because I'm lazy.  I also don't know if triceps push down is a pull, but I am going to say yes.  Even though it says push.  I think that's a typo on every machine everywhere.  Who you going to trust?  A machine?  Or a doc? 

I thought so. 

Staaaaaaaaay beautiful.

• Like 1

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

Sha-booza.  This day was so blah it hurt.  I mean, it didn't actually hurt, the lifts were clean, it was just a blah day.  Mid week blues and yes I know it's Thursday but I missed Monday so it's basically Wednesday for reasons.  Let's see what they've won, Johnny:

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 5

WS

1- 225 x 3

1- 315 x 3

2- 345 x 1

Ho-hum.  Did some skwaats. My legs are looking redick though.  And these shorts I just ordered will show all of them.  Just need to catch a tan now.

OHP: Heavy

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 5

WS

1- 135 x 3

1- 165 x 2

0- 175 x 1

I missed at 175 and I think I was too fried from this week to try it again.  I am sure that I'm going to hit my goal for my six week challenge though.  If I can hit 165 for a double on a day when I'm not even feeling it, I probably can get that big 200.  Maybe.  We'll see.

Accessory:

5 x 10 Lat pull down

5 Straight arm hangs to failure

3 x 60 sec front planks

I didn't pour on the weight, didn't go ham, just did it nice and easy to counter the push of the OHP.  I think these will work out nicely.  Anyone have an opinion on if this is the right pull for OHP?  Or if I should add another?  Let me know, it takes a village to smash heavy weights. 

Twinkle twinkle little stars.

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

Last day of the week for heavy lifting.  I have a PT test on Tuesday, so I'll be taking most of the weekend off from all activity so I can let my body recover.  If you don't know, it's 2 minutes of pushups, 2 minutes of situps and a 2 mile run or alternate aerobic event.  Because of my chronic hip injury, I walk 2 1/2 miles in under 34 minutes.  Easy peezy.  My shins burn thinking about it.

Skwaaaaats: Volume

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 10

1- 225 x 5

WS

3- 295 x 5

That volume though.  Let's get to the main event.

POWER CLEANS

WU

Ummm, the bar?  I dunno.

WS

3- 65 x 5

1- 95 x 5

So I did it.  Don't know if I was doing it right.  I will be uploading a form check because I have no idea and none of the gym regulars were there to ask.  I think I did it.  At least I was able to get into the front rack.  I think.  Maybe.  Oh hell, it was a complete mystery and even that little workout wore me out.  Sheesh.  Maybe it'll help my cardiovascular endurance though.  Perhaps.  Possibly? 

Confusing.

Oblique Roman Chair raises

I had to Google what the hell this was.  It was with a kettlebell.  20lbs, I think.  Friday on the fly day. YOLO.

5 x 10 on each side.

So that's it for this week.  Exciting things coming, I purchased a domain for my blaaaaag and I'll be securing a youtube name here soon I hope.  All good things. 

Live and let dieeeeeeeeeeeeeee (power guitar riff)

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

Have you found a new water bottle yet? I know the favorite water bottle feelings. I had a filtered one I'd gotten for a family trip to Florida but made the epically stupid mistake of putting not-water in it(a green tea water flavoring I use no more than once a day to mix things up) and now everything from that filter is completely gross. I use a nonfiltered metal one now, but one day I will purchase a new filter and my precious will be back in my hands once again.

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

I did! I ordered a Blender Bottle that has detachable compartments for my pre and post workout noms. It's only 20 Oz but I'm always near a water fountain.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

I did! I ordered a Blender Bottle that has detachable compartments for my pre and post workout noms. It's only 20 Oz but I'm always near a water fountain.

Awesome!

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

I almost didn't get to lift today.  I almost didn't want to lift today.  I had a Physical Training test (PT test) in the morning.  I did 60 continuous pushups in 2 minutes, 55 continuous situps in two minutes and completed 2.5 miles walking in around 23:45.  It doesn't seem like much but it's maximum effort and anyone that's ever taken one knows it's draining.  Normally it's a 2 mile run, but my hips don't lie and they also don't run very well.  So I don't do that.  I did manage to squeeze in a volume workout, so let's see it, shall we?

Skwaaaat: Volume

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 10

1- 225 x 5

WS

3- 315 x 3

I thought this went well, my legs were a little shot after power walking.  I wanted to do 3x5 but I knew that was asking for trouble.  315 is around my 85% range, so I'm glad I got some heavier volume work in today.  Feels good man.

DL: Volume

WU:

1- 135 x 5

1- 225 x 5

WS

4- 315 x 5 (reverse grip x2)

This felt like a good pull day, and I really hit it.  315 was very doable and I might have squeezed another set in if I had time.  But I didn't.  I also didn't go ham and try for a PR.  I know this is the last week of my challenge, but it's a volume week.  The challenge will just have to stand as is.  I've already hit my goal for the deadlift, no need to hurt myself going ham.  I also helped out a couple youngish kids with some skwaaat problems.  2 cents worth of free advice from a dude with a mustache at the gym in pink socks.  Whatever man.

Accessory:

Seated leg raises  5 x 10

I'm not even sure if this is the accessory for deadlift, but it's the push to the pull on the quads so I just went with it.  Not a lot of weight, as I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow.  And then that was that.  I'm home now, basking in the glory of an enchilada.  And maybe bourbon.  We'll see.

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

Yesterday wasn't that great.  I was feeling kind of poopy after the PT test yesterday, my legs were fatigued from the walk and I just was so blah.  I did get some volume in, but it didn't feel right.  Almost like I had bourbon the night before.  And I also had bourbon last night.  So there is that.  Ahhh well, it happens.

Skwaaats: Heavy

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 5

1- 225 x 3

WS

1- 315 x 2

0- 365 x 1

I just missed it.  And I didn't have the energy to unrack and rerack and do all that stuff after I miss.  So I just moved on.  Ugh.

BP: Volume

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 10

WS

3- 225 x 3

0- 275 x 1

I tried for a PR and missed but I still got some volume in.  So yay?  I dunno still a big bag of blah.

Superset accessory:

5 x 10

Low row

Tricep push down

S:nfoipnawfnoasdf;lskdnfoanf.

Poop.  Today will be better.

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

I was wrong, today want better. Even a nap didn't help. Damn you week six. You will not win. Workout will happen tomorrow.

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

Hello my little chickadees, it's been a while, hasn't it?  Truth is, I fell off the wagon a bit and didn't have much to update.  Did some ruck marching, did some flag marching but nothing worth a post over.  But I'm back with a vengence and restarting with a volume week.  The six week challenge is over and frankly all I want to do is lift all the weight.  Let's see the breakdown, Jimmy:

Skwaaaat: Heavy

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 5

1- 225 x 3

WS

1- 315 x 2

1- 345 x 1

1- 355 x 1

Starting with heavy skwaaats after basically a week off, not bad.  Obviously not my PR but I'm highly satisfied, especially after my 150 body weight squats this morning.

Deadlift: Volume

WU

2- 135 x 10

1- 225 x 10

WS

3- 275 x 5

2- 315 x 3

I love deadlift day.  It's so much fun to lift huge weights.  My back felt good throughout, a bit tight but solid.  Stretching made the tightness go away.  All hail the iron.

Accessory:

10 x 10 Leg extensions

Easy peezy.

Well kids, tomorrow is benching day so we'll see how that goes.  I know I did volume last week but I didn't get to finish and as I'm not aiming for a specific lifting goal, I'll just reboot and do all volume this week.  Next week will be heavy moving right into my vacation.  Then I'll have a week of volume right before the wedding I'm going to, so that leaves 3 weeks to trim down, put down the bottle and pick up the iron. 

Iron Maiden.

• Like 1

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

I'm not sure if the phrase "everything is awesome" was created for me but... wait, yes it was.  Because today was awesome.  I'm really glad I'm in charge of a class and can send them out for a two hour lunch.  Secretly, I take a two hour lunch to get in a quality lifting session.  Like a boss.

WU

1-45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 10

1- 225 x 5

WS

4- 275 x 5

Lots of volume after a big heavy day (and legs included) makes me happy in pants.  I mean, I'm happy with how my pants fit you sick bastards.  I have been monkeying around with low-bar now that my shoulders are mobile and it's an interesting transition.  I am not sure if I'm hitting my depth so I'll record some and see.  It felt like it but maybe because my back was straighter that I wouldn't see the bar go down as far?  Weird.  Answers would be appreciated.

Bench: Volume

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 10

WS

2- 205 x 5

2- 225 x 3

BONUS AMRAP- 135 x 25

225 felt smooth and I'm getting the hang of using the lower body drive to bench.  I used my weightlifting shoes to get a better angle and opened up my hips a lot more to get the extra oomph.  Nothing felt super difficult and I didn't grind any reps.  AMRAP felt good and I might have been able to do more but I didn't want to hurt myself. 

Accessory:

Low row: 10 x 10- 100lbs

Tri push down: 10 x 10-  50lbs

Oblique roman chair raises: 3 x 10 w/ 25lbs

Reverse roman chair: 3 x 10 w/ 25 lbs

Good feelings all around.  Nailed the accessory work.  Like I've been trying to do, I included some core work.  I'm hoping my fragile hips don't pay for it tomorrow.  I felt twingy with the reverse roman chair... I think I'll be ok.  Or not.  Either way, it's Oly day tomorrow.  Power cleans. 

My question to all of you, dear readers, does it get repetitive to see my warm-ups?  It feels like it.  It's the same except for skwaaats which are adjusted to volume or heavy.  I'll keep throwing them up there as they are obviously part of the workout.  Just curious.

Shabbat shalom

• Like 1

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

It's Oly day, it's Oly day, oh what a day, it's Oly day!

Well, yesterday was but I didn't post yesterday.

Skwaaat: Heavy

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 5

1- 225 x 3

WS

2- 315 x 2

It's the mid workout and frankly, I wasn't having any fancy nonsense.  Lift some big weights, get out.  I even racked 355, looked at it and remembered that the iron will abide for another day. 

Power clean:

Just technique work. 

2 x 5 65lbs

3 x 5 95lbs

It felt a little more comfortable this time around. Got into the front rack quicker, took more of my arms out of the equation.  It's a work in progress and I'm happy I'm physically able to do it.

So a nice and easy 3rd day workout to help recover from the craziness.  I'm pretty tired today so I might just skip it and wait till next week.  Or power through.  I did pack an extra scoop of my preworkout.  I guess we'll just have to seeeeee. 

Deuces!

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

I think I'm going to try to get one of the personal trainer certificates as well as the group training certs.  I really enjoy what I do, and I really enjoy helping other people out at the gym.  Teaching has been a passion of mine for a long time and I'm pretty good at it.  I'm also looking into shifting my focus from nursing to more of a physical therapy route.  Thanks me for having the GI Bill.  Good decisions.

SkwaaaaaaaT:  Volume

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 10

1- 225 x 5

WS

2- 275 x 5

2- 295 x 5

I did have to grind out the last rep of each heavy set.  I think I'm ready to go ahead with some PRs next week, maybe even trying to hit 4 plates.  Very exciting things coming, maybe I should deadlift everyday.  No, that's a terrible idea.  Keep deadlifts a treat.  Bad Doc.

OHP: Volume

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

WS

4- 135 x 5

I tried supersetting lat pull downs, but someone took my machine and I wasn't getting the quality I wanted so I slowed down a bit.  The first working set was a freaking grind, but it got better after I took my time.  The last set felt heavy but doable.  I haven't done this in a few weeks, so I'm glad I could come back and get some quality at the end of a long week.

Accessory:

Lat pull down 10 x 10 at 100lbs

Pec fly 6 x 10 at 120 lbs

I probably could go heavier with the lats, but it's been a long week and I wanted volume.  Didn't want to have to quit early on that, so next week will be heavy and I'll pile it on.  Not a lot going on at work so I had extra time to get a good stretch in and added the pec fly.  Good weekend coming up, get some rest and come back and kill it next week.

Shut down the club.

• Like 1

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

Another week, another tweak.  If you aren't evolving, you are dying a slow death.  I read that somewhere.  Or I typed it and it sounded like something someone said.  Or I'm from the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuture wooOOOOoooOOOOO!  

Wait, what?  Oh right, I lifted today.

Skwaaaaat; Volume

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 10

1- 225 x 5

WS

1- 315 x 5

1- 315 x 2

1- 305 x 4

3- 225 x 5 (pause skwaat)

Today was a weird day for skwaaats.  I was mentally there, focused and then it was like my legs couldn't do what I wanted.  I have been skwaaating everyday for a while now so maybe it's simple fatigue.  It didn't hurt but I had to grind the second set of 315.  I usually can do that for sets but not today.  Knew my limits and dropped weight and worked on something else.  Pause skwaaats, where I took a 3 second pause in the hole.  Interesting variation, something I'm going to try more.

Deadlift:  Heavy

WU

1- 155 x 5

1- 245 x 5

WS

1- 335 x 2

1-425 x 1

0- 435 x 1

So there I was, deadlifting a bunch of weight and then BOOOOOOM, hit a PR.  Finally got past that nasty 405.  I used the 55lbs bumper plates which was a total mental trick to make it look like only 4 plates.  It worked and It was ugly but I for sure locked it out.  It felt so good that I was going to slap a few fives and go for 435 but right as was standing over the bar, two seconds before my lift, one of the ladies who worked there came up to me and practically screamed at me "You clean up the chalk, yes?"  I was so focused that it took me a second to even figure out what she said, so she said it again.  "The CHALK, you clean it up!"  

Normally I'm not a rude person and have worked in customer service long enough to know that there is always two sides to the story, but I may have exploded a bit.  I said some choice words and her eyes got wide and I assured her that yes, I will clean up my chalk as I always do.  It was just enough to push my off my routine and royally screwed me.  I tried the lift but couldn't get it.  I wandered around and muttered for ten minutes before moving on.  So frustrating.

Accessory:

Seated Leg Extensions: 5 x 10

Seated Leg Curls: 5 x 10

It was a heavy day so I upped the weight.  It is going to be fun walking tomorrow.  I took a warm epsom salt bath and a few cold showers and I'm only have one glass of single malt and going to bed early.  I will still be sore and tomorrow is heavy skwaaaat and bench.  Oh what a joy.

T-minus 3 days to road trip.

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

Hey ya'll, I'm going through some personal stuff.  Funny commentary will come eventually.

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 5

1- 225 x 3

WS

1- 315 x 2

1- 345 x 2

1- 375 x 1

That last one was a PR.

Bench: Heavy

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 5

WS

1- 225 x 2

1- 245 x 2

1- 265 x 1

Accessory:

Low row: 5 x 10

Tricep pull down: 5 x 10

See you all later today.

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

I am on vacation, but still working out.  Updates will happen in bunches when I get back.  I have one more barbell sesh and then I'm taking an entire week off of working out.  What will I do with these hands?  Who knows.

Uhbuhbye

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log

I'm back!  Vacation was most excellent.  I had 6 servings of In'n'Out in 10 days and I regret nothing.  I did manage to lift the first week of vacation but intentionally took an entire week off.  I had been wanting to do this for a while to see what it did for my body.  After 4 or so months of working out the majority of the week, I have to say:

I'm never taking time off again.

Everything was tight and sore and my knees hurt and just no.  Never again.

Let's see it:

WU

1- 45 x 10

1- 95 x 10

1- 135 x 10

1- 225 x 5

WS

4- 315 x 3

I wanted some decent weight volume here, and I think I got it.  I'm a bit sore today, but I'm going to work right on through the DOMS for some heavy today.  I think it was more the accessory work than anything else.

DL: Heavy

WU

1- 135 x 5

1- 225 x 3

1- 315 x 2

WS

1- 405 x 1

0- 425 x 1

1- 365 x 4

I got up to a good weight, 4 plates is feeling easier off the ground.  Didn't get 425 which isn't surprising after a full week off.  Got in just a little bit of volume at 90% to finish out the heavy set.  Happy with my lifts, they felt clean.  I think next week I'll try some deficit work along with my volume.

Accessory:

5 x 10 Leg extension

5 x 10 Seated leg curls

Heavy weight.  That's probably where my DOMS are from.  I'm thinking of throwing in shrugs, but that brings my workout time to well over an hour and a half that it's at now.  Not sure if the time commitment is for me.  Thoughts?  Lose one of the other accessories? 

So I'm glad to be back.  Today is bench, lets see how that goes.  I could've gone either heavy or volume this week and I went with heavy for no reason whatsoever.  Just because.  Programming at its finest. 

Tango and Cash people!

-Henry David Thoreau

There's a trick to it:

Battle Log