Maegs' Road Warrior Challenge

maegs

I've finally seen the film, and must say your challenge looks shiny and chrome

THANKS!! :D

Week -1 is great because you can grade yourself on you challenge goals, figure out where you went wrong, and learn from it with no pressure :)  Today's day one time to goooo!

Exactly - I think I'll start using the between-challenges week as a Week -1 in the future :)

Hope that will work out well for you! It does sound like a good plan. (On days my own self control is a bit lacking I use LeechBlock, or rather I used to when I still had to write papers. There's tons of programs doing the same I think, it's just the first one I could think of.) Three job applications a day would be a true challenge for me, though....  :nightmare:  I really dislike writing those. I don't even know why. 

Have a great start. :)

Sadly it didn't work out the way I wanted, thanks to my epic nap and a whole lotta rain. But I'll try again! The 3 job applications per day isn't too hard once I sit down and actually do them, since a lot of the requirements are pretty much the same since they're all in the records management/archives field. And I have enough cover letters that it's not too hard to change the names and play up one thing a little over another to customize it to the job. Mostly my issue is the motivation to do it in the first place! 

Sounds like you needed some rest. Which makes total sense with all the stuff you're doing

sherlock-game-of-shadows.jpg

Ya, it was definitely needed! Now I just need to start going to bed at a decent hour so it doesn't happen again! 

Current status: Playing the is-that-distant-thunder-or-a-heavy-truck game, trying to decide if I attempt a run outside or just head to the gym :/

• Like 1

Ok, that's definitely thunder. And now it's raining too. I had to move from the living room to the bedroom to sit by the big bay window I have, because the living room, despite it's window and skylight, was too dark! When I did that, I opened the windows and as soon as I smelled the air, I knew rain was coming. It's nice to know I was right about that?

It's raining pretty heavily atm, so I'll keep an eye on it and the weather radar and look for a break where I can make the minute-and-a-half-long walk to the gym without getting absolutely drenched. I don't fancy a 45-minute run in wet shoes!

tumblr_mj09xopbAx1s6k138o1_500.gif

• Like 3

Ok, that run yesterday didn't end up happening. It rained, it got sunny, I got ready to go out, it started raining again. Then I ate dinner, and it stopped raining, but by the time I wasn't full of food it was like 9:30 so I did  a couple (not three, bad Maegs) job applications and went to bed almost-on-time instead. 

But! Today I got up and went for a run, got a bunch of stuff done (no jobs or 30 minutes of cleaning though), went to the gym and went to rugby. So it wasn't a bad day, but I need to make myself do the less fun stuff. I'm enjoying the MOOCs I'm doing, but it's taking up a lot of time that I should be spending doing the things that I don't really enjoy. So from now on it needs to be jobs and cleaning first, MOOCs later.

Tomorrow's going to be a bit of a write off - I forgot when I was setting up my challenge that I'll be at convocation all day! Between getting ready in the morning, being at the ceremony (including having to be there over an hour early, wtf), then going to a reception for my faculty then going out for dinner with my parents and brother I'm not going to get a lot else done. The essentials are:

• Duolingo - can't break that streak!
  • Stretching/foam rolling
  • Clothes/dishes
  • Jobs if I have time in the morning
  • Maybe some MOOC work if there's one with videos I can watch while I'm getting ready?
  • Like 4

Sounds like your plate is about as full as mine.

Remember to enjoy the celebrations. Really.

And appreciate the awesome you got going here, you are changing yourself, improving, evolving. Make sure you keep praising.

Because it is awesome indeed. And yes, giving priority items on your list, priority time too, helps.

Hugz for thunder storms and full days.

• Like 3

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Enjoy every minute of convocation day celebrations.

This is the only day like this you will ever have, so relax and worry not about other things.

They will all get done in their time.

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

• Like 3

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

I'm doing pretty well - I forgot that Sunday was going to be an away-from-home day as well, so I didn't get much done that day. Or on Saturday because I was out from about 10-5/6 because of rugby. I think I need to change my 7-days-a-week goals to 6 days, because I never really get much done on Saturdays - sometimes it's all I can do to have a shower and dinner! There was one a few weeks ago where it went: get out of wet kit-nap-shower-nap-dinner-nap-brush teeth-bed!

Week 1:

• Goal One - Sprints 2/2; Long run 1/2
  • Goal Two - Bed by 11pm 1/5
  • Goal Three - Stretch 7/7
  • Goal Four - Jobs 2/21; Clothes and dishes 7/7; 30 minutes 1/7

As you can see, Week 1 wasn't the most successful. But that's the reason I chose these goals - they're stuff that I put off doing because I don't enjoy them. This week I need to just buckle down and get things done!

• Like 2

I also realized that I forgot to check which Feat we were doing last week as part of the mini-challenge. So this week I'm doing both Endurance and Combat - run 12 miles over the course of the week, and practice my lineout throws 5 days this week.

You can do it! 

I think it's a good idea to change your 7 day a week goals to 6 days. It's good to give yourself a day off as a reward otherwise the goals start to feel tedious. Even if a "day off" for you is running around a rugby pitch!

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Ok, things have been a bit better challenge-wise the last couple days. The job hunt's going well, although I'm still not doing my 30 minutes of decluttering/etc. Cleaning-wise I'm doing the keep-the-place-reasonably-clean stuff, but not the get-everything-reorganized-and-decluttered-and-super-clean stuff that I need to do. But the dishes have been getting done at night, I'm putting my clothes away at night instead of dumping them on the floor, I've been applying to jobs (none Monday, 1 Tuesday, 3 Wednesday, 2 today + set up a job interview), I've done my 2 sprints for the week and 1 run, I've been stretching at least once a day, and last night I was in bed at midnight, rather than 1-2am. I picked up some melatonin to see if that helps - I've heard it might need to build up a bit in my system before I really notice it? But I took it last night and tonight, so we'll see what happens..

• Like 2

My weekend was good - I saw friends on Friday night, had rugby Saturday (the team we played against is seriously the nicest team in the league, at least at the social after), Sunday I had brunch with different friends and had dinner out with my family for Father's Day. 

I can't believe it's already halfway through week 3 though, where is the time going?? 

Week 2:
  • Goal One - Sprints 2/2; Long run 2/2
  • Goal Two - Bed by 11pm 3/5
  • Goal Three - Stretch 7/7
  • Goal Four - Jobs 4/18; Clothes and dishes 7/7; 30 minutes 1/6

Endurance Feat -  Run 12 miles in a week (12/12)

Combat Feat - Work on lineout throws 5 days (2/5) - I forgot to bring my ball with me when I went home for the weekend, and because I'm a procrastinator and didn't start it until Wednesday I was SOL.

I had a job interview Monday that I think went well, so we'll see how it goes. Tuesday I ended up having a rest day - I had been planning to run, but I hadn't had a rest day since the Sunday before (so 9 days?), so I was just going to go to rugby practice, but then that got canceled because of flooding on the field. So I figured that was a sign and I should take a day off completely. Yesterday I went to the gym, but didn't get much else done thanks to the Job Hunting Pit Of Despair. I was planning on running today before practice, but I haven't gotten any of the must-dos done (because, let's be real, in the grand scheme of things there's much more important things I should be doing). So I think I'm going to have to skip that (despite it only being 25C including the humidity, not 30C+ like it's been the rest of the week) and get other stuff done instead.

As for the melatonin, I'm not sure if it's helping. I've been waking up at about 6am like clockwork (and then promptly falling back asleep), but I'm not getting to bed any earlier. I've been taking it at about 10pm every night, but I'm still not going to bed until 12-12:30. I'm not sure if it's not doing anything or if I'm just used to ignoring feeling tired and staying up late. I also got a fan to put in my bedroom to help keep it cooler at night, which is helping once I actually go to bed. Maybe the melatonin will start kicking in now, it's been about a week since I started taking it.

Feels alert:

I've got this lethargy going on that's effecting this challenge (specifically the non-exercise goals), and I think it's a combination of things - the heat, the job hunt, the having to rely on my parents (I have an independent streak a mile wide, and it runs in my family. An (in)famous quote from my toddler-hood is "Me do myself!"), knowing who's gotten some of the jobs that I've applied to (including someone who's not even finished the program yet <.<), hormones, feelings about Pride (happening in Toronto this week) and the lgbtwhatev community and my place in it (people seem so into labeling themselves? and need to know what other people label themselves as? and I'm over here like Idk, I do what who I want. And it feels like that's not good enough for a lot of people? Although I know I'm not the only one who doesn't really care about the 5 million labels out there and is just like 'whatevs')

Ok, this post has a way higher feels-quotient than I expected. And feels all disorganized and disjointed. But I'mma end it here.

Week 3, so far:
  • Goal One - Sprints 1/2; Long run 0/2
  • Goal Two - Bed by 11pm 0/5
  • Goal Three - Stretch 3/7
  • Goal Four - Jobs 0/18; Clothes and dishes 3/7; 30 minutes 1/6
  • Like 4

People love their labels. They slap them on other people (or things, or music, or whatever) so they can easily classify and put them into boxes, preventing their lazy mind from actually having to think. Works both ways, people love to hide behind a label, it provides them with a bunch of characteristics automatically so they don't have to work hard to be special.

Don't pay attention, keep kicking butt like you always do!

• Like 3

Lvl 58 Multitasker

Thanks guys! :) 

Thursday I had rugby practice and got somethings done, Friday was the gym, finishing up a MOOC, running some errands, and then going to the ROM's Friday Night Live event with a friend. Yesterday was rugby, which went well for the first 20 minutes or so of my game, until I knocked heads with someone and my forehead decided to bleed all over the place. I got bandaged up and was going to go back on, but then someone else was going to the hospital for stitches anyway so I got sent with them, since it was raining and the steri-strips wouldn't stick and the trainer (person who tapes us up before games and takes care of us when we injure ourselves) thought I'd probably need stitches to close it up. So I ended up with 5 stitches and a tetanus shot, and my arm hurts worse from the shot than my head does! 

Week 3:

Goal One - Sprints 2/2; Long run 0/2

Goal Two - Bed by 11pm 0/5

Goal Three - Stretch 7/7

Goal Four - Jobs 3/18; Clothes and dishes 7/7; 30 minutes 3/6

Next week my plans have changed completely - I went up north with the famjam today, so I won't be able to do a bunch of my goals. I won't have internet, at least not reliably, so no job hunting. No 30 minutes of organizing because I won't be home. No runs/sprints because I'll be on a boat. So I will be going to bed nice and early (the fresh air will help with that!), and stretching, and I'll make sure to put my clothes away every night and there's no doubt I'll be helping with the dishes.

• Like 2

5 stitches and a shot, ouch! But I suppose it's all part and parcel of playing rugby. Hope your arm and noggin feel better soon. 

Sounds like a fun week ahead of you! Have a good time.

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 

My head and arm are feeling all better, thanks! (Although my head is itching now, I might need a cone of shame!)

I also have some fantastic news: I GOT A JOB!

when_my_boss_calls_out_of_work_for_the_2

It's a year, full-time ~salaried~ contract with a Crown corporation, working in their records management unit. It sounds like I'll be able to do a little bit of everything and get lots of experience. It may or may not be renewed, depending on next year's budget, but it'll be a solid position to have under my belt if I have to find a new job.

So this week I'll have to get lots done on my MOOCs and the other odds-and-ends that have been kicking around on my to-do list, and generally get ready to start work the next week!

• Like 3

Yay! Huge congrats on the new job. So happy for you!

giphy.gif

2020 Races: