Trizza keeps Scouting ahead

Trizza

OK so I call bologna on the speed up with side stitches as they happened during speedwork again this week on my third mile repeat. I had to slow to a walk to check there wasn't a knife in my ribs and after finishing the mile at a slow jog and my 3 minute recovery I'm proud to say I finished the fourth mile repeat at my goal pace.  It wasn't easy, but the stitches did stay at bay during that portion.

I'm hoping it's just a hydration issue or something or running at 5K-10K paces that is causing the issue and when I try for my half marathon in 3 weeks everything is better.

Speaking of the race I am officially registered for the Narragansett Half Marathon on July 12!

• Like 1

Trizza the Padawan Scout - Level 2

STR 3/DEX 1/STA 5/CON 3/WIS 5/CHA 1

Epic Quest Challenges: #1 #2

MyFitnessPal/Strava/@troypatterson/Athlinks

"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose"- Yoda

Reach goal running weight (170 lbs) - Reached and held for a full week so far!

100%
100%

Run 458 Miles to Rivendell in 2015

60%
60%

OK so I call bologna on the speed up with side stitches as they happened during speedwork again this week on my third mile repeat. I had to slow to a walk to check there wasn't a knife in my ribs and after finishing the mile at a slow jog and my 3 minute recovery I'm proud to say I finished the fourth mile repeat at my goal pace.  It wasn't easy, but the stitches did stay at bay during that portion.

I'm hoping it's just a hydration issue or something or running at 5K-10K paces that is causing the issue and when I try for my half marathon in 3 weeks everything is better.

Speaking of the race I am officially registered for the Narragansett Half Marathon on July 12!

Oh man, now I feel bad!  Here's the input from Runner's World.  I like how they say "theories abound" on what the cause is.  No kidding!  Nice job signing up for a summertime half!

Follow me on Strava or Garmin Connect

"My doctor told me that jogging could add years to my life. I think he was right. I feel ten years older already."
--Milton Berle

Week two was finished on a good run even though the weather was terrible (downpours). I totaled 34 miles in about 5 hours of running last week.  I'll be heading out for my first run this week today to start my march for a repeat at about 33 miles or so this week. 

• Like 2

100%
100%

60%
60%

Nice!  Running in the rain can either be refreshing or miserable.  Hope it was the former!  I see you and I are just about at the same weight.  I feel so much better not carrying around a bunch of useless fat!  Here's a (mostly for fun) calculator related to weight and speed.

• Like 1

"My doctor told me that jogging could add years to my life. I think he was right. I feel ten years older already."
--Milton Berle

The Sunday rain for miles 1-6 was nice and bearable...then the last 6 was atrocious. Downpours and puddles the whole way.

Yesterday was the other end of the spectrum with a light rain in the morning, but nice and hot by 12:00 when I started. The problem is that heat turned the moisture to stifling humidity. I think my Strava update says it best "It's so humid my sweat is sweating".

I did a solid six though in that heat and another easy 5 today is in the plans.  Haven't tested my speed yet, but I think my goal all comes down to the weather on 7/12.

• Like 1

100%
100%

60%
60%

Yeah, that downpour style rain is brutal.  I seem to run in puddles in such a style that the splash from my left foot goes directly onto my right foot and vice versa.  The steam coming off the road after is enough to choke on!

Pace goal or completion goal at Narragansett?

--Milton Berle

I know that feeling. You think you avoided a soaked foot and then suddenly the other foot is drenched.

I'm shooting for a 99 minute run on the Half Marathon on this run. My long term goal is to get closer to the 90 minute mark. If I do that I might be able to challenge the BQ with proper training.

100%
100%

60%
60%

If you're doing a trail race and expect some wet feet, fine, but that double foot soaking is the worst when you're just out on the roads.  Your goal sounds awesome!  Course looks nice and scenic.  Nice little hill in the first 1.5 miles, but after that, it seems pretty sweet.  What do you need for a BQ?

Edit:  I saw that you're my age, so you're down there in the 3:10, really 3:08 range.  Fun!

--Milton Berle

I turn 36 today (Yay birthday's) and so my BQ is 3:10:00

• Like 3

100%
100%

60%
60%

Thank You! Had a great day this week and getting my favorite summer food place tomorrow to break my diet for one day :-)

• Like 2

100%
100%

60%
60%