<Title>I've never been good at titles</Title>

Still new to fitness and dieting, though I've been hearing about it all my life haha. A few weeks ago I really just got hit with the realization, obligation and sense of duty that I just need to do this. I can't put it off any longer. Fitness and diet are vital not only to my well-being but to my career goals. It's time for me to grow up in a sense haha. I've attempted diets and workouts several times with moderate to no success because I was never motivated. I feel like I'm on a good streak with my wife, we've both been encouraging each other and my family (brother and dad) have been doing the same.

I've gained most of my fitness knowledge and experience from either my wife, friends and Nerd Fitness. Below is me:

Profession:

- I work at Dell as a sales representative supporting the Army.

Hobbies that I hope to some day be professions:

- I am a Bass player (amongst many other titles such as social media coordinator, manager, marketing director, etc.) for a band in Austin called Shadow of Whales

- I am the Editor n' Chief of a music news site called Anchor Music News

Hobbies that will stay hobbies

- VIDEO GAMES and COMICS (and netflix)

- Spending time with my awesome wife and step-son

Current goals:

•  Eliminate caffeine from my diet
    • I've whittled my way to one cup of coffee a day and usually no soda (sometimes one near the end of the day but it's seldom) the goal is to get to no cups of coffee and no soda every day and use healthier substitutes such as tea and/or apples in the morning to get me going. I'm a night owl so I don't normally need to keep drinking coffee after the morning
  •  Get on a consistent routine for working out.
    • As nerd fitness suggested, I started with a 10 minute walk/run every day. I'm working my way doing that every single day and a few days ago I added an ab circuit to the end of my run every other day
  • Eat a little more healthy
    • Right now I'm not giving myself too many restrictions because I'm already changing the above habits. However, it is in my brain to try and eat healthier. (I know this doesn't sound like much but let me explain) My wife and I started meal planning after reading Staci's story. Chicken and veggies for lunch planned out for this week and we have a meal plan calendar that we set up Sunday night for dinners this week.
  • Level Up My Life
    • I've been utilizing my hobbies a little too much lately. After working all day, coming home and running/working out, doing chores and any other daily routines I kind of let myself veg or go out with friends or my wife or just hang out. But my life goal is to become a full-time music industry professional and I realize that playing video games or watching tv doesn't help me work towards my life goals at all haha. I know it's important to set aside relaxation time but I've been a little gluttonous with it lately so my goal is to do that less haha. (1 hour at the end of the day should my day permit it max)

I'm happy to be here and ready to get going. Once I know I can be consistent and start making progress I want to sign up for the academy. I've been very slow moving with habit changes. I want to make sure I don't try to do too much at once because I think that's what derailed me in the past. I'm excited to get going but I don't want to be the eager beaver and burn myself out too quickly. Wish me luck!

post-40373-0-44795200-1433259650_thumb.j

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Ranger (in training)

STR [5] - STA [3] - DEX [0] - CHA [0] - WIS [1] - CON [4]

Introduction - Challenge [1] [2]

For those interested:

My Band - My Music News Site - My Twitter - My Instagram

Bass is good. World needs good bass players. Especially good athletic bass players! I play some bass too. Though i'm mostly a guitarist. I wish to hear more about your progress and if you ever need a good strong kick to keep yourself going, just holla at me! Welcome to the rebellion!

• Like 1