Welcome Aboard The NF Society

600_431478915.jpeg

We welcome you, brave traveler, to the world of tomorrow; the land of dreams and the path to greatness.

We are the NF Society and we look to help others achieve success in their venture!

U6w8OsZ.gif

Welcome to The NF Society! This is a new Steampunk-themed Accountabilibuddy group for the next six week challenge. We are here to help motivate and support each other, whether new to the Nerd Fitness way or not, as we work toward happy and healthy!

Each week, we will provide the group with a themed mini challenge to go along with your current one. All are welcome to join and we hope to see you aboard!

When the new 6WC begins, we ask that you follow or check on each member as much as you can! If you have any questions or concerns, please voice them.

Members will be posted with their challenge threads linked for easy access. Links to the new challenge of the week will also be posted at the beginning for an easy find!

Current Members:

astormofsparkle - Challenge

shaarawy - Challenge

spookyfoot - Challenge

DarK_RaideR - Challenge

CommanderKidd - Challenge

Slates - Challenge

jennilovesryan - Challenge

Evermist - Challenge

ninjakitten - Challenge

• Like 4

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

MFP: kelliefications | battlelog | NF instagram

The NF Society

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

STR 2.25 DEX 2.25 STA 2.25 CON 4 WIS 7 CHA 10.25

campaign -  act iiiact iiact i

SO IN.

tumblr_n0wqlaXmyr1tq3tjeo1_500.gif

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

I love this group theme. I was thinking it might be time to come back on here as I will be signing up for a race in July and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel that is the school year. When I complete my challenge I'll feel as epic as this guy looks.

steampunk_sky_pirate_complete_by_frijole

Count me in. Next up, time to work on my challenge.

• Like 1

Okri Kadrinsson ~ Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

Str 2  Dex 1   Sta 1   Con 3   Wis 2   Cha 1

Challenge Commander Kidd's first adventurer challenge

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.†

― J.R.R. TolkienThe Hobbit

For some reason steampunkey-ness reminds me of my Charr Engineer in Guild Wars 2.

Charr-Engineer.jpg

................... *daydreams about GW2*

• Like 1

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

I am SO THRILLED by the interest and cannot wait to start this next challenge with everyone! Monday cannot come fast enough!

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

I believe I have added everyone who has shown an interest above! If I haven't, please let me know. We depart at 9:00 AM EST on Monday, June 8!

• Like 3

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Oh YEAS!  Count me in. 

carrie_steampunkpirate_deep15.gif

• Like 4

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I fixed my sig to have a link to my current challenge, you can add that to the original post. Unfortunately my challenge is still under construction and likely will be for part of the next week as report cards have really kicked my butt. I'll catch up as soon as I'm done, nearly there!

Hey, wow. I finished up my challenge thread! Here it is.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/66280-first-adventurer-challenge-commanderkidd/

• Like 1

Okri Kadrinsson ~ Level 1 Dwarf Adventurer

Str 2  Dex 1   Sta 1   Con 3   Wis 2   Cha 1

Challenge Commander Kidd's first adventurer challenge

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.†

― J.R.R. TolkienThe Hobbit

The airship had arrived in the midst of a humid afternoon. The haze had hung heavily over the small city with air thick with steam, smog, and an unpleasant aroma of oil and metal. The daily life had always been filled with hustle and bustle. People going this way and that without a second thought for their own well-being. When the airship had docked, the atmosphere had changed. Some held their heads a bit higher. Others set aside the aged jugs filled with murky water. Many approached the ship looking for something more; something to take them away from the every day.

Today is was set to depart. The airship ran on steam like many other great inventions, but the air was clean and pure. The pungent scent of rust was missing. This could be the adventure that many were searching for. This could be the new start that people sought.

"All aboard!" The booming voice with a hint of femininity sounded through the ornate speakers hanging from the ship's railings. Those who had decided to take this voyage were ushered along, handed a sunny-colored beverage, and a small booklet. Most pages were empty, perhaps a place to detail their findings while venturing on this grand airship, but others had sketches and writings.

"We welcome you aboard The Eugenia, your home for however long you wish to stay. We will bring you to new worlds and new ventures. You will see the world in a different light. You will live as you have never lived before. We invite you to sit a spell and get to know your fellow travelers."

A melodic tune of violin and cello followed the announcement as the ship began to pull away from the dock. Folks cheered and bid farewell. Between the excitement and festivities, no one seemed to notice the six shadows that slid below deck.

tumblr_n1ycixOYXC1rjz07to3_400.gif

Good Morning and Happy Six Week Challenge! Challenge links will be updated shortly and the first week mini challenge will soon follow. Good luck to everyone and remember that the sky is never the limit. You can do anything and go anywhere you want no matter what anyone says.

• Like 6

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

6bkWghc.jpg

While the celebration of the new voyage was gliding along as smoothly as the ship itself, he had another agenda on hand.

His clothes were covered with dark smudges of soot, oil, and grime. Many pieces had seen better days, but there was little

care for such things. He had things to do, pieces to procure, and items to commandeer. A puff of smoke swirled in the air

from the chipped pipe that hung between his lips. "Now," he began as he scratched at the rough bristles of his straggling

beard. "I wonder where they keep the funds for this magnificent machine."

Week One: The Ragamuffin

They don't have the fanciest jobs, but they are quick on their feet.

They have to be.

Most of their business isn't honest, so there is always the worry of getting caught.

Keeping a high level of energy is a must!

5ElP8yU.jpg

Link to the Darebee.com workout page provided by clicking

on the above image!

This week's challenge is to see how many reps of each can be done by the end of the week. For every cycle (12 reps of each) completed, you are one step closer to locating the whereabouts of The Ragamuffin. The captain and the crew will be forever in your debt!

• Like 7

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Yeeeahyeahyeahyeah~

/me drinks sunny colored drink in one giant motion and plugs bodyweight routine into tomorrow's agenda!

• Like 3

One cycle completed for me! It really helped, too. I hit the 2:00 slump hard for some reason. I did 12 reps of each action and the jolt got me through making dinner, cleaning up, and all the way through until it was time for me to really pass out (which is now~~). Definitely something I'm keeping handy for the rest of the week since the weather is supposed to be doom and gloom with rain. :|

• Like 4

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

posting link to my challenge... I forgot to do this earlier.   

and totally failed to do the energizer workout yesterday.  I probably needed it too.  I guess I'll do extra today.   :grumpy:

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Four cycles done this morning pre-work!  Let's catch that creepy dude!!

• Like 3