Laura's Battle Log

I'll save the witty titles for my challenge threads :)

Just starting the thread so I have somewhere to log my workouts until the new challenge starts *sniff* in January.

/battle cry

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

gonna start doing the same thing! thread = subscribed. my eyes = on you.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

You betta! I've been trying to forum stalk your battle log today... :)

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

here it is: right here. yeah, i've been all wicked busy, have yet to still do my final report as well (at some point, today). i was thinking the strength squad should have some mini-challenge or something to keep us motivated through til the next challenge. not like we need motivation, but more for fun.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Totes got you. Boo busy.. but that will be my life come January. I agree. I was thinking that it would be good to be able to continue to post in the strength squad thread. Ya know, so we can all chat and be awesome as a collective. I like being awesome as a collective.

Yes! First workout for my battle log!

12/9

Squat: 90

Overhead press: 55--AND FINALLY COMPLETE! Huzzah! 60, I'm coming for ya :-|

Deadlift: 130

** So I kind of keep forgetting how high my deadlift is getting. It's so fun! I'm almost to bodyweight. And honestly, though 130 was heavy I'm not worried about it.

Tabata Thrusters

**Okay, so I only did one tabata and it was some painful 4 minutes. But, since i had just done squats, ohp and deadlifts I went with one of those set weight barbells at 30 lbs. I could have done more. I may stick to the set weight barbells for tabata thrusters since they're shorter and easier to move. I feel like the olympic barbell requires too much concentration on form when I do them..and that's not really the point of the tabata.

Thanks!! It's silly how excited I am about it! So close!!

YAY! Awesome! Those freaking OHP are the devil. I can't tell you how glad I am to be past that plateau.

awesome job there dudette! you're really rocking the strength, and i like it. it seems like a handful of people are plateauing at the 55lb mark for OHP, so i'm glad you're breaking free of the oppressive 55. in your face, 55!

Yes! First workout for my battle log!

12/9

Squat: 90

Overhead press: 55--AND FINALLY COMPLETE! Huzzah! 60, I'm coming for ya :-|

Deadlift: 130

** So I kind of keep forgetting how high my deadlift is getting. It's so fun! I'm almost to bodyweight. And honestly, though 130 was heavy I'm not worried about it.

Tabata Thrusters

**Okay, so I only did one tabata and it was some painful 4 minutes. But, since i had just done squats, ohp and deadlifts I went with one of those set weight barbells at 30 lbs. I could have done more. I may stick to the set weight barbells for tabata thrusters since they're shorter and easier to move. I feel like the olympic barbell requires too much concentration on form when I do them..and that's not really the point of the tabata.

Go you!

I am so looking forward to hitting 60 on overhead press tomorrow. Also, I think one tabata is enough, especially at the end of lifting! (I'm thinking of doing Death by Thrusters at some point, though I have no idea what weight to start at. 60% of OHP max? More because it's push press?)

awesome job there dudette! you're really rocking the strength, and i like it. it seems like a handful of people are plateauing at the 55lb mark for OHP, so i'm glad you're breaking free of the oppressive 55. in your face, 55!

This might've been me last night... (up to :15)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A_WXBpT6ag

You're my bitch now!

Go you!

I am so looking forward to hitting 60 on overhead press tomorrow. Also, I think one tabata is enough, especially at the end of lifting! (I'm thinking of doing Death by Thrusters at some point, though I have no idea what weight to start at. 60% of OHP max? More because it's push press?)

Me too! Well, on Monday, that is.

Yeah, when ya make those 4 minutes count.. they freaking count. I love tabata. Seriously. I wear my HRM and while it doesn't do much in the short 4 minutes it's fn ridiculous afterwards. I burn 2x more calories than normal in the hour or two following. No lie.

I think more b/c it's the push press. The extra oomph (that's technical right thur) from the leg action makes it a little easier. Maybe try just under your last successful OHP? Like 50?

hahaha nice clip. now i envision you working out with a stick-on handlebar moustache.

I hate the movie Dodgeball. They make fun of guys that work out in spandex. And the Ben Stiller character has too many of my character attributes for comfort - yes I am that petty. But I lie and I still love that movie... more like love-hate.

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

I should buy one of Shortkaik's knitted 'staches and throw it up every now again during my lifts. Ya know... because I want people to be really weirded out by me :)

I hate the movie Dodgeball. They make fun of guys that work out in spandex. And the Ben Stiller character has too many of my character attributes for comfort - yes I am that petty. But I lie and I still love that movie... more like love-hate.

Hehehehehe spandex. We just laugh at what we don't understand (or what accentuates the parts we work so hard to hide).

I'm going to ahead and ask that you have feathered hair and purple spandex in your next avatar. Please, please, oh god, please!

Me too! Well, on Monday, that is.

Yeah, when ya make those 4 minutes count.. they freaking count. I love tabata. Seriously. I wear my HRM and while it doesn't do much in the short 4 minutes it's fn ridiculous afterwards. I burn 2x more calories than normal in the hour or two following. No lie.

I think more b/c it's the push press. The extra oomph (that's technical right thur) from the leg action makes it a little easier. Maybe try just under your last successful OHP? Like 50?

Yeah, that sounds about right. I just looked up the weight I was using the last time I did push press for NRoLfW, and on my last workout I did two sets of eight at ~45 and then one more at ~50, and that was back at the end of August. So I should be able to do that weight faster for four (oh god help) minutes!

Yeah, that sounds about right. I just looked up the weight I was using the last time I did push press for NRoLfW, and on my last workout I did two sets of eight at ~45 and then one more at ~50, and that was back at the end of August. So I should be able to do that weight faster for four (oh god help) minutes!

Heck yeah!!

Btw, my legs hate me today. So much.

Heck yeah!!

Btw, my legs hate me today. So much.

Heh. Isn't that what tabata leg things are for? I had to work my way up to four minutes of tabatas on the bike, but I made it eventually. Then I'd stagger off to the kitchen to mix my protein shake and stagger some more to the shower. Fun times!

12/10

Squat: 95

Bench: 70

Row: 85 (again)

**Better this time. I think I'll hit 85 one more time before moving on.

Farmer walk: twice around the gym w/ 30 lb dumbbells.

No intervals today. My legs begged me not to.

Foam roller+ lacrosse balls=so painfully wonderful. My back has never been happier. It was straight up kitty style in my house.. purring and rubbing my back all over the place. Freakin' glorious.

Listening to your body when it tells you no is important. I was sort of planning on doing Death by Thrusters today, but decided to opt out so my "I may be coming down with a cold" turns into "feeling run down today" instead of an actual cold. (I rarely actually get sick, but I have asthma, so everything that's even almost a cold settles in my lungs and then lingers for weeks, which sucks.)

12/13

Squat: 100lbs baby!

**I'm really excited to break through this first barrier... I feel like.. yeah, I could kick some ass now.

Overhead Press: 60 5/5/4/3/2

**Damn. Next time we're going to wait longer between squats and OHP and longer between sets of OHP. Hopefully that will allow us to bang it out in 2 attempts instead of 3. Carjack also mentioned in another thread that doing OHP before squats could be beneficial. But I'm not sure my legs could handle squats followed by deadlifts. I'd have to wait a while. We'll see.

Deadlift:

1x5x70

1x3x120

1x5x140 <---One whole Spezzy!

**So close to bodyweight. I can barely take it!

Farmer walk: 35lb dumbbells around the gym once

Tabata sprints

Hehehehehe spandex. We just laugh at what we don't understand (or what accentuates the parts we work so hard to hide).

I'm going to ahead and ask that you have feathered hair and purple spandex in your next avatar. Please, please, oh god, please!

It may take me a little while to source as I don't currently have a purple spandex suit. I have black, orange, burgundy (merlot), green and neon green. May take me a little while to source one, but I'll see if I can find purple. I also think my hair is long enough to feather with a little hair gel and a blow dryer. Maybe this will be my new project. Way to go on the lifts...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

12/13

Squat: 100lbs baby!

**I'm really excited to break through this first barrier... I feel like.. yeah, I could kick some ass now.

Overhead Press: 60 5/5/4/3/2

**Damn. Next time we're going to wait longer between squats and OHP and longer between sets of OHP. Hopefully that will allow us to bang it out in 2 attempts instead of 3. Carjack also mentioned in another thread that doing OHP before squats could be beneficial. But I'm not sure my legs could handle squats followed by deadlifts. I'd have to wait a while. We'll see.

Deadlift:

1x5x70

1x3x120

1x5x140 <---One whole Spezzy!

**So close to bodyweight. I can barely take it!

Farmer walk: 35lb dumbbells around the gym once

Tabata sprints

Dooooood! Awesome!