Laura's Battle Log

wow. this thread is all sorts of awesome. i don't think i'm cool enough to hang.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

wow. this thread is all sorts of awesome. i don't think i'm cool enough to hang.

Rule #1: You're cooler than all the ice in the Arctic, because you just are...

Because of the way I've been treated in the past, I don't want anyone to feel like they don't belong. I don't want to create exclusionary, clique-y circles here. I know firsthand what it feels like to be excluded and I don't really want to do it to anyone else. I may call you out on something I don't agree with, but that doesn't mean I dont want to continue having interesting conversations with you...

Sorry for the rant... probably not what you expected when you posted, nightlight...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Ha! You are too kind. And definitely cool enough to hang Miss Throws Large Weights Over Her Head For Fun :)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Also, poll:

Hand-painted Mario-themed chucks in the weight room, awesome, or really awesome?

$185 with shipping is a little steep for me...

I'd probably mcgyver it by getting some mario patches and sew them on...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Are they the luon-nix-power-dex-blend or whatever it is they sell at lululemon?

Ha! neither. Whatever blendy goodness one gets from target. Target-FTW!

Also, poll:

Hand-painted Mario-themed chucks in the weight room, awesome, or really awesome?

Really Awesome. In fact, maybe even bordering on Supremely Awesome.

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

Some BW exercises:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=CZe5tr-A88c&feature=endscreen

whoa. this kid is... ridic. I feel like a pansy just watching this.

Holy Crap, this is an awesome workout idea. 12 Days of Christmas can come any ol' time, if you ask me (and they just might!).

Sweeeeeet.

Today's workout: spin class! I think I like it. I don't get that same high feeling like I did boxing or with muay thai but it's fun. AND it really tickles me to be working in a way I haven't.

Holy Crap, this is an awesome workout idea. 12 Days of Christmas can come any ol' time, if you ask me (and they just might!).

My stomach hurts just thinking about that workout.

[Pixie | Warrior] Carjack: Muscles don't get confused. They only get angry. | Catspaw: I'm always willing to help dig holes for your bodies. | Twitter | Instagram | chammy has a log | chammy competes at the end

Sweeeeeet.

Today's workout: spin class! I think I like it. I don't get that same high feeling like I did boxing or with muay thai but it's fun. AND it really tickles me to be working in a way I haven't.

I think I remember a conversation about Krav Maga a few months ago (back when I did my first 6-wk challenge, I think that was your "Nut Up" hehe). Did you ever get a chance to try it out?

I'm hoping to get my brother to give me some unarmed hand-to-hand combat/defense lessons. Ain't nobody gonna get me.

I did. And it was AWESOME. I went back and forth about which to do: Muay Thai or Krav. I ended up choosing Muay Thai but had to stop all of it :( Have you seen Carjack's Fight Like a Sadomasochist article? Lots of good info there, including some books I want to add to my collection.

Wow, are you bored today or what? :P You could be a good Dr. Frankenfurter with those gams.

I did. And it was AWESOME. I went back and forth about which to do: Muay Thai or Krav. I ended up choosing Muay Thai but had to stop all of it :( Have you seen Carjack's Fight Like a Sadomasochist article? Lots of good info there, including some books I want to add to my collection.

Yesssss - that article was amazeballs. Great info. My brother is a former Marine, so I know he was taught a lot of good skills, but like Carjack said - awareness is key. You can have the skills, but if you're not prepared/aware of your surroundings, you're a sitting duck, skills or no.

You could be a good Dr. Frankenfurter with those gams.

Funny you should say that, because I was also about to comment and say, "nice gams," lol. It's rare to find such a fine candidate for Dr. Frankenfurter, ETF. Be flattered ;)

Yesssss - that article was amazeballs. Great info. My brother is a former Marine, so I know he was taught a lot of good skills, but like Carjack said - awareness is key. You can have the skills, but if you're not prepared/aware of your surroundings, you're a sitting duck, skills or no.

Right! Nice, definitely have him teach you some stuff. It's fun.. then again, maybe I'm a weirdo. But yeah, I plan to get some books and find some things and start teaching myself to the best of my ability. The boyfriend is lucky he's a fighter, too.. :-D

Funny you should say that, because I was also about to comment and say, "nice gams," lol. It's rare to find such a fine candidate for Dr. Frankenfurter, ETF. Be flattered ;)

Agreed! Not everyone can be a Dr. Frankenfurter. And internet high five for the inclination to say, "gams"!