Laura's Battle Log

It may take me a little while to source as I don't currently have a purple spandex suit. I have black, orange, burgundy (merlot), green and neon green. May take me a little while to source one, but I'll see if I can find purple. I also think my hair is long enough to feather with a little hair gel and a blow dryer. Maybe this will be my new project. Way to go on the lifts...

Holy awesome colorful array of spandex! I'm pretty sure if I could wear colorful spandex regularly I would. And I would also be more inclined to be a superhero... okay..villian.

New project-yes! I'm excited for that :P

You NEED to get yourself a rumble roller - it's a whole new level of awesome. Just don't scratch the couch!

Oh lawdy! I saw the link you posted of that thing... I nearly had to be alone with my computer. It's definitely on the list. I make no guarantees re: couch scratching though :P

Heh, a spezzy. That's awesome Laura. Next session BW, right? Right?

YES! I'm so frakkin excited to lift myself off the floor (so to speak). And then so excited to lift more than me! Woo! WOO! Wow.. sorry.. getting a little too amped up here...

Woah, awesome. You are unstoppable. Keep it up!

Thanks! I've gotta keep the energy legs in top shape for when fellow rebels need a boot in butt :)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

you muscle maniac! i'm so happy for you with the squats and the OHP success. i thought i heard a rawr going on last night - guess it was just you, doin yo' thang.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! <------I did that out loud upon clicking the link. I love it too much for words!

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

Oh.. and my workout...

12\13

Abbreviated boxing fitness class

I need a punching bag in my home. Frealz.

12 minutes rope drills (4 3 minute rounds)

18 minutes shadow boxing as follows (6 3 minute rounds):

2 fast paced

3 with weights

-1 both hands

-1 left only weights

-1 right only weights

1 finish up no weights/fast paced

I thought about putting our spare mattress against a wall and pounding it but it just wouldn't work quite as well.. and... it has springs-potential ow.

There goes another 3 hours of productivity.

I'm actually inspired to start making these for my friends... if I get bored enough I might even follow through.

hahaha since J doesn't have a thread (what up with that?), i have to post here: awesome new signature. you actually inspired me to purchase The Notebook (yeah, i did not own it) and hopefully watch it sometime this week. </thread hijack>

laura, that boxing sounds like a really decent workout. do you just do certain combinations for the shadow-boxing or what? man, i miss boxing. should get on that again.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

I am forever hijacking people's shiz so feel free to hijack mine! And I concur: Best. Signature. Ever.

When I do fast paced I just do assortments of movements...jab, cross, dip, cross, hook, roll, body, head, spin... jab, hookx3, roll, body, body, head, head... some one-two-three combos, some slips, some fake blocks, rock aways, cake walks, upper cut work, foot work... whatever keeps me moving. I just pretend I'm beating the living shit out of someone. When I add the weights I keep it to simple throws. Lots of one-two-three since the addition of weight is meant to increase the speed of the punch. Best form I can manage.

Me too. Miss it so much.

hahaha since J doesn't have a thread (what up with that?), i have to post here: awesome new signature. you actually inspired me to purchase The Notebook (yeah, i did not own it) and hopefully watch it sometime this week. </thread hijack>

Haha, awesome. I'm glad you cats and kittens like it and we all know The Notebook should be in everyone's home at all times. I could possibly be conned into starting a log but historically I never really keep up with forum based logs. My workout journals are still analog (using a.. notebook omg) and tend towards looking like a psycho killer's ravings more often than not. Not sure the world needs to see that heh. And that should mean something coming from the guy willing to put his affinity for The Notebook out there.

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

Maybe every now and then you could post a picture of your scrawled notes. I think that would be kind of excellent.

jd, it's ok to flash your vulnerable side. There is a fine line between flashing and suffocating us with it. Obviously I'm not one to say he knows where that line is, but... at the end of the day I guess you'll do whatever the f*** you want...

...started out with a point to make and sort of lost it along the way...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Maybe every now and then you could post a picture of your scrawled notes. I think that would be kind of excellent.

I could probably oblige seeing as you cats are super cool and all.

And ETF, you love it.

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

I could probably oblige seeing as you cats are super cool and all.

And ETF, you love it.

do eet. it doesn't even have to be a fitness log. just ... jdanger-isms. and so. much. Notebook.

Okay you guys... I'm going to post something in a thread that is completely relevant to the thread topic. I know, it's okay... it's just this once...

Workout! Update!

12/15

5x5

Squat: 105 <---woot! and holy frak.

Bench: 75

Row: 85

**This was my third time doing rows at 85. I got all the reps up to my chest area HOWEVER I feel really...spastic... doing them. And I might be a little of perfectionist. So.. I'm wondering if I should deload (since this was my third) and go up again or go up. I mean.. maybe these aren't supposed to feel right. Maybe it's just a weird lift. I've had my form taped-it's good. The weight is coming up.. it just feels weird.

Thoughts?

Farmer walk: 35 twice around the gym

**anyone else get super puffy forearms doing this? I have to loosen my HRM watch when I do these. Ouch.

Tabata:

-Box jumps

-Skiers (I'm not sure that's what they're called, but that's what they remind me of)

I tried to find a video but since they are obviously not called skiers I had no luck. The closest I found was this. The step is higher for "skiers" (4 instead of 1) and instead of stepping up with both feet you start with one foot on the bench then jump over and tap your other foot on top.. continue. That maybe makes sense.

**anyone else get super puffy forearms doing this? I have to loosen my HRM watch when I do these. Ouch.

Oh yeah. After a round of FW my forearms look like The Hulk, veins poppin out and everything. Hulk Forearms smash!

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Oh yeah. After a round of FW my forearms look like The Hulk, veins poppin out and everything. Hulk Forearms smash!

Hahahaha nice! My hands get all claw like.. my friend tried to high five me (yeah, we do that) and I was like AHHHH DA CLAW HIGH FIVE with my puffy arms.

Glad I'm not alone on the puffy arms!

nice workout, lady! and congrats on upping the squats as well. who's a badass? you ah!

also, i'm so super jealous of your rows. i'm at 50lbs, and just now feeling ready to move up to 55. and i think rows in general are just weird. i mean, how often are you doing that motion on a daily basis? not a lot (right?).

as for The Claw, i get that too! i have to force myself to open them up. but the imagery of you trying to high five and bringing up a claw is preeetty hilarious.

Okay you guys... I'm going to post something in a thread that is completely relevant to the thread topic. I know, it's okay... it's just this once...

Workout! Update!

12/15

5x5

Squat: 105 <---woot! and holy frak.

Woot!

Row: 85

**This was my third time doing rows at 85. I got all the reps up to my chest area HOWEVER I feel really...spastic... doing them. And I might be a little of perfectionist. So.. I'm wondering if I should deload (since this was my third) and go up again or go up. I mean.. maybe these aren't supposed to feel right. Maybe it's just a weird lift. I've had my form taped-it's good. The weight is coming up.. it just feels weird.

Thoughts?

I think if your form is right on the rows there's no reason not to go up in weight and see what happens.

I measured my forearms after carrying around my boxes of dumbbells for a while and they had gone up half an inch. So, yes. ::g::

nice workout, lady! and congrats on upping the squats as well. who's a badass? you ah!

also, i'm so super jealous of your rows. i'm at 50lbs, and just now feeling ready to move up to 55. and i think rows in general are just weird. i mean, how often are you doing that motion on a daily basis? not a lot (right?).

as for The Claw, i get that too! i have to force myself to open them up. but the imagery of you trying to high five and bringing up a claw is preeetty hilarious.

Right! I'm pretty much never trying to be in that position... ever! Silly Rows. On the plus side, my back muscles are looking pretty good.

Ha! I bet you have the claw, Miss Farmer Walk 6 times around the gym! Christ! Next time you do it you'll have to give me a long distance Claw Five!