KitBi12 hunts for Body-ody-ody

KitBi12

This challenge marks my 1 year anniversary on NF! ^.^ And *checks the scale* nothing has changed…

To be fair, aside from the number on the scale, much has changed. I finally found a job that I love and have held the same position for nearly a full year (as opposed to job hopping immediately after college). I did, at one point, weigh 135 lbs! Until a family member and some close family friends passed away. That combined with the stress of work and other personal drama led me to pack on the pounds for winter. As the snow melted, I began to clean up my diet at a turtle’s pace.

Last challenge was all about controlling the stress and anxiety to give myself a healthy mind prepared to create a healthy body. By being mindful and trying to live in the present, I have my anxiety under control. I’m been doing crazy things (e.g., going to bars with coworkers or wearing dresses in public)!  

Now it’s time to fix the body-ody-ody!

+5 STA

-        Workout 4x per week (just do it, Sleepy Fox)

+5 STR

-        Do the mini-challenge.

+1 CHA

-        Do the freakin’ mini-challenge. This is my 8th challenge, I haven’t involved/brave/committed enough to participate in any of the mini-challenges.

+4 CON

-        Don’t buy junk food. One of my food problems has been partaking in junk food when out with friends, and out with family, and at work functions, and buying the occasional thing for home. It’s just too much! For the next 6 weeks, I won’t spend money on things that will spike my blood sugar.  This does allow for the odd treat this is provided to me or my purchase ‘junk’ food that won’t affect my blood glucose levels. One thing at a time. :/

Most of my food this challenge will be full of healthy nutrients. My boyfriend and I have a share in a CSA! This summer will be organic, heirloom, seasonal veggie-tastic! 

• Like 1

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

Level: 6

STR 10 | DEX 10 | STA 7.5 | CON 13 | WIS 16.5 | CHA 12.5

Ch. 1 Ch. 2 Ch. 3 | Ch. 4| Ch. 5| Ch. 6Ch. 7Ch. 8

RPG Fanatics

"Make a fray of your own." - E.O. Wilson, Advice to Young Scientists

Sounds like you have done a lot in the last year, and made some great habits that will keep you leveling up. Sounds like a  very S.M.A.R.T. challenge.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Great goals! I feel you on life kind of going crazy when family members die and general bad stuff happens. That was my life about 1-2 years ago and I'm still picking up pieces. The good news is you learn a lot about life and about yourself from those terrible situations and can use them to come back stronger than ever!!

I'm here for the "fixing the body now that the brain is okay" challenge, as I'm right there next to you. Good luck!

Level 4 Assassin 

Hufflepuff House

Sunlit Embraces Earth and Sea - Current Challenge

:ph34r:

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Signed up for the mini! I'm going to work on push-ups, straight leg inverted rows, wall sits, and V-sits.  

Also, started off my challenge right by going to the gym 5 times this week. 5!  

In addition to realizing I don't need quite as many 'rest' days as I've taken in previous challenges, I realized that while I don't pay for junk food, I am offered tons. So much junk. o.o For example, my supervisor ordered us all pizza for lunch on Monday because he's lovely!, he forgot his lunch on Tuesday (and ordered us all pizza again), Thursday was a weekly catered meeting (kale salad from Panera, with chicps and an offered cookie, and all sorts of goodies lying around), Thursday morning, I went to a Stats class where I was offered candy and then cookies (stats based on # of chocolate chips), and Friday breakfast (provided by the office) includes bagels and muffins (which I passed on) in addition to fresh doughnuts because it was National Doughnut day (had 1/2 of one >.>). When I got home on Friday, my boyfriend brought home a dozen doughnuts for the 'special occasion' and fried chicken. Birthday party on Friday (ice cream, drinks, eating out). So much stuff! -.-

It has definitely been a year of learning. Time to see if I can put it into practice! (Thanks for the support, y'all. ^.^) 

• Like 1

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

My neighbor has itty bitty Yorkies who act like Boos from Super Mario. I can hear them follow me around, but they freeze whenever I turn around. They don't hide. They just stand completely still and wait until I move along. So funny. 

This morning as an omelette with turnip greens, feta cheese, and chives. Tasty!

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Day 1 on my own!  (Boyfriend is out of town; drove to the airport instead of going to the gym)

I worked a few extra hours, went grocery shopping and arrived home absolutely ravenous. I brought home some chicken pot pie soup (instead of an actual chicken pot pie) from the grocery store, and am making some delicious smelling minestrone.

Heirloom tomatoes, garlic scapes, all the aromatics, fresh parsley, cauliflower, kidney beans, and spinach (to be added later) are simmering away.  

I went shopping for just myself while incredibly hungry, and am a little pleased that my splurge items were a bag a veggie chips and some yogurt. 

• Like 1

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Week 1!

I did my 4x workouts and increased the resistance for my cardio. I doubled the amount of times I’m working out, more than doubled the resistance, and doubled the length of my ‘cardio.’ Hopefully, this will yield results, but, more than anything, it just feels good. ^.^ (STA 5/5)

I joined the mini and proceed to be hours behind the challenges. >.> I haven’t done much for the mini… but I did join. It’s something. (3/5 STR?)

Haven’t bought much junk, and the junk I did buy would have been healthy one year ago. (3/4 CON)

• Like 1

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

The 'junk', BTW, is mostly veggie chips and chili-dusted pineapple. And a little dark chocolate peanut butter for emergencies. Or strawberries. Whichever happens first.

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Chili-dusted pineapple sounds scary. But tempting. Where do you get it?

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

That probably should have been obvious, huh?

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hey Kyliewyotie (fantastic name, btw), 

Thanks for checking in. Unfortunately, I won't be finishing out this challenge on NF. Or starting another one next time. While I feel terribly about leaving our team mid-competition, I don't think it's a good idea for me to be on the forums for a long, long while for reasons I won't go into on a public forum. 

For those of you who do still wish to contact me, I will respond to PMs. ^.^ 

Best of luck, everyone. Kick some butt! 

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics