• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

littlewings

say "orphaned raccoon!" and click here

giphy.gif

Hello! I am Baymaxwings! Your personal wildlife companion. I was alerted to the need for environmental attention when you said, "orphaned raccoon!"

I was created to assist in the rehabilitation of city wildlife and to spread awareness of animal-human conflicts. I need to keep myself in the best shape possible while doing this so that I can contribute my best effort to the community and help those in need.

As a robot, this is not always easy.

giphy.gif

Therefore, I will need some upgrades:

1. I will need to run a workout.exe or MuayThai.exe download 2-3x each week.

2. Recharge my battery by consuming enough fuel every day (whatever it may be) and resting at least 7 hours each night.

3. Perform 1 mwod per day.

4. I also have a small virus that causes me to somehow fear ... insects. I hope to fix this bug as I opt to work with insectivores during my internship 1x/week.

200.gif

... I have the next 6 weeks to work on this. Will you help me?

• Like 1

That spider is adorable. Unless it's an inch long and crawling toward me. Then kill it with fire. Yes.

ORPHANED RACCOON!!!

• Like 1

Man it's tempting to give you a hard time on this challenge! But I promise, I'll be well behaved. Just to prove it, here's a fun fact for you:

The presence of spiders in your house is a sign that 2,000 fewer bugs per spider will be there every year.

Neat, huh? Spiders are good. (and cute! look!)

Pmystaceus.jpg

Here are some more reasons to like them:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/spiders-really-bad-7-reasons-4317983

• Like 1

I feed my dragon mealworms. I was raising them for a while. That ended badly. I don't like being responsible for hundreds of life forms. I've eaten them. It was for a grade, don't judge. Meal worm egg salad actually wasn't bad. With enough mayo, it was hard to tell them from the eggs. Also had them in cookies. WAY better. I have some fried ones. Bacon cheddar flavor, salt & vinegar, & BBQ. I can mail you some, if you think eating them will help you feel as though you have conquered the enemy. Whaddya say?

btw, orphaned raccoons may seem adorable, but they're little hellions who learn how to defeat child safety locks, steal all your sugar smacks, and hide your jewelry & eyeglasses.

Oh and flush toilets to watch the water go down, get dizzy & fall in.

I like how you did your challenge & theme. :)

• Like 1

I feed my dragon mealworms. I was raising them for a while. That ended badly. I don't like being responsible for hundreds of life forms. I've eaten them. It was for a grade, don't judge. Meal worm egg salad actually wasn't bad. With enough mayo, it was hard to tell them from the eggs. Also had them in cookies. WAY better. I have some fried ones. Bacon cheddar flavor, salt & vinegar, & BBQ. I can mail you some, if you think eating them will help you feel as though you have conquered the enemy. Whaddya say?

btw, orphaned raccoons may seem adorable, but they're little hellions who learn how to defeat child safety locks, steal all your sugar smacks, and hide your jewelry & eyeglasses.

Oh and flush toilets to watch the water go down, get dizzy & fall in.

I like how you did your challenge & theme. :)

Nooo thank you, I think I'm good with my other protein sources! Yesterday I fed them to some bats, so that was one way I forced myself to handle them. Watching the bat completely munch them down was pretty satisfying. 

Also yessss. Orphaned raccoons are total hellions. Ours have 3 locks on their doors, and then outside of that is another door with another lock. I've also learned that groundhogs are just as bad. We've got one in his crate, inside a pen with more padlocks on it. At least we don't have to deal with Honey Badgers... (I work in a wildlife rehab centre)

---

General realization: 

Working 10-14 hour shifts 4x a week is really hard on my legs. I will most likely not join Muay Thai until I can get used to it. My days off are more for recovery right now, but everyone has told me my body will adapt soon enough.

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear you were able to handle the mealworms.  I don't mind mealworms but I admit, seeing a bunch of them all together is just...ugh screws with my eyes a bit. I imagine that feeding the bats would be a good motivator for me too. 

tumblr_mi8nh2xRBi1s5omnoo1_400.gif

I find most critters adorable.  Bats are so cute!

I think waiting for your body to adjust before going into Muy Thai is a great idea.  I'm still trying to gauge my body when it comes to doing kickboxing as well as my usual workouts.  I definitely agree that you'll get used to it :)

I'm glad to hear you were able to handle the mealworms.  I don't mind mealworms but I admit, seeing a bunch of them all together is just...ugh screws with my eyes a bit. I imagine that feeding the bats would be a good motivator for me too. 

tumblr_mi8nh2xRBi1s5omnoo1_400.gif

I find most critters adorable.  Bats are so cute!

I think waiting for your body to adjust before going into Muy Thai is a great idea.  I'm still trying to gauge my body when it comes to doing kickboxing as well as my usual workouts.  I definitely agree that you'll get used to it :)

I definitely hope so! Also, in that gif, that bat is eating a Superworm. They're even WORSE. They're bigger than mealworms and they bite. 

• Like 1

Weightlifting.exe seems to be missing from your program files. <.<

That is because it's also missing from my budget. :( A robot can only do so much.

I'm still mad at you for working instead of picking me up at the airport for a short Nerd meet up during my layover.

Just saying.

And hi.

Hii. It was your fault for having your layover on the same day as my first shift. :P Ducklings needed to swim, baby raccoons needed to be fed, and bats needed to be flown!

And a Risen Phoenix needed to be hugged.

Couldn't you see him crying salty Phoenix tears? Whilst Sarah Mclachlan plays in the background?

I guess that's just how it is, huh? Save the raccoons, but not the Phoenixes, huh?

• Like 1