• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

littlewings

say "orphaned raccoon!" and click here

Joke's on you guys! I don't actually mind jumping spiders. The issue right now is mealworms.

That same photographer takes pictures of lots of bugs .... Not sure if there are any meal worms though, you'd best check ^_^

(http://thomasshahan.com)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely hope so! Also, in that gif, that bat is eating a Superworm. They're even WORSE. They're bigger than mealworms and they bite. 

Yikes.  The biting is no fun.  I'm not a fan of wasps or hornets, but I hold a special loathing in my heart for mosquitos and roaches.  Just...ugh.  Hate 'em.  Not cute.

I had my graduation/convocation today so... there wasn't much else to be done. But ... I officially have my degree now, framed and ready to be on my wall. 

I will do 2 mwods and a quick workout tomorrow after work to make up for it. :)

• Like 4

Oh fine, go graduate if that's what you kids do these days. The training can hold off. I suppose.

You misunderstood. I am no longer a kid. I'm an ADULT. *waves her degree in your face all mature-like* 

• Like 1

You misunderstood. I am no longer a kid. I'm an ADULT. *waves her degree in your face all mature-like* 

Lies.  Your nick is still LITTLEwings.  You are clearly not Adult.

Also I want you to appreciate the self restraint I had in not going and changing your nickname and/or title after reading that.

• Like 1

Lies. Your nick is still LITTLEwings. You are clearly not Adult.

Also I want you to appreciate the self restraint I had in not going and changing your nickname and/or title after reading that.

The little is about her size, not adult/child. I mean look at sevenfootgeek. Being seven feet tall doesn't make him and less childish.
  • Like 2

Gross.

Also no, not yet :( My legs are not in good enough shape for it ... hence random workouts and mwods.

Sooo....you are going to wait until you get in shape to get in shape?

• Like 2

Lies.  Your nick is still LITTLEwings.  You are clearly not Adult.

Stargazer pretty much said what I was thinkin. :P 

Oh what. A challenge? From THIS GIRL? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?!

LISTEN, MISS SASS.

Sooo....you are going to wait until you get in shape to get in shape?

#CALLEDOUT

NOT called out. You guys never listen to me! D:<

1. My ankles and calves can barely handle me being on my feet 12-14 hours a day, so going to a Muay Thai class - which would already require like 3 days of recovery for calves - would probably cause me to re-injure myself. Do we need to go over how many times that happens? 

2. Work schedule doesn't let me attend classes 3x a week because most of the time I can't end until 7:30-8:00, and latest class is at 8:00, and my work 40 minutes away from Muay Thai class... so really it's being played by ear - so I haven't decided if I want to commit to 3-month membership out of my wallet.

3. Yes, I AM getting in shape (mobility-wise) so that I can get in shape (strength-wise). 

You guys make me

tumblr_nhx13jzuVd1tabrv3o1_500.gif 

How's that been going, by the way? I mean, I know you've tried a bunch of stuff before to get those calves and ankles to work right. Anything stuck so far?

How's that been going, by the way? I mean, I know you've tried a bunch of stuff before to get those calves and ankles to work right. Anything stuck so far?

The stretch that K Star shows here. I had been doing it for a little while on odd days and it helped a lot. So if I can stick to doing at least this 4 minutes every evening (including today), I should be good within a week.

I need to be doing more though, hip flexors and quads are pretty bad too. For that, I've just been doing more common stretches... but that doesn't really worry me for Muay Thai.

• Like 2

The stretch that K Star shows here. I had been doing it for a little while on odd days and it helped a lot. So if I can stick to doing at least this 4 minutes every evening (including today), I should be good within a week.

Annnnnd gonna do that later today after work now.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I still haven't stretched. :( Today was my only day off since Thursday and I don't have any other day off until next Thursday ... and still working 12-14 hour shifts each day. I'm beginning to stress out a little bit -- we are definitely being overworked, but none of us interns have complained because the entire team is solely devoted to caring for injured/abandoned animals. No one is trying to overwork us ... but I think I need to start sitting more and taking short breaks (we only get a 30 minute break). 

But stretching only takes a few minutes and I can do it easily after/before work so no excuses there. I will focus on that right now while I wait for my bathtub to fill up... then I will sleep well tonight and do the same tomorrow. 

Eating is also a problem but I've been adding more (steel cut oats, protein bars, lots of leftover meals, etc.). 

Have you considered making stretching part of a morning or nightly routine? That would make it a lot easier to hit on a day-by-day basis.

Have you considered making stretching part of a morning or nightly routine? That would make it a lot easier to hit on a day-by-day basis.

I liked one of the side quests last challenge, where they were stretches to do just when you wake up.  That maybe an option as well if you have stretches that have you laying down (supine torso stretch or deep glute stretch) :)

• Like 1