NAXIUS ASCENDING (Part 2: Time Management)

Define "much better" ;P I just about had a tearful rage-fit last night while working on costume-related bullshit. I swear, there is nothing more frustrating than putting an overwhelming amount of effort into something and having it not work/fall apart.

My opinion...

The Naxius I met last year would have struggled much more (and for a longer time) before wiping his eyes and getting down to work. The fact that you're also self-aware that there is still room for improvement, means you're really maturing kiddo! We ALL stumble, but you keep on picking yourself up, remember that ok?

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Next update coming once I have more than 20 minutes of uninterrupted free time at the computer. Downtime at work no longer happens very often x_x

Note to self. talk about the following:

1 - Animaritime

2 - Coffee, hydrating, ethanol, goddamn X(

3 - ONCE I DO A THING, IT JUST GETS REPLACED BY ANOTHER THING AND FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU, then refer to point 2 above.

4 - Tumblr addiction: gone?

Also, I can do front squats and dead lifts again. I'm obviously not loading the bar up very much yet, but it's a start! This morning I was even able to use the rowing machine (lightly), and do bench-presses with the 15 lb bar. This Thursday will be exactly 2 months since the surgery, and the results still look really nice (no scar stretching) but...guh, I want to be able to do bench day again, and I need well-defined pecs and abs by late October.

• Like 1

Next update coming once I have more than 20 minutes of uninterrupted free time at the computer. Downtime at work no longer happens very often x_x

Note to self. talk about the following:

1 - Animaritime

2 - Coffee, hydrating, ethanol, goddamn X(

3 - ONCE I DO A THING, IT JUST GETS REPLACED BY ANOTHER THING AND FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU, then refer to point 2 above.

4 - Tumblr addiction: gone?

Also, I can do front squats and dead lifts again. I'm obviously not loading the bar up very much yet, but it's a start! This morning I was even able to use the rowing machine (lightly), and do bench-presses with the 15 lb bar. This Thursday will be exactly 2 months since the surgery, and the results still look really nice (no scar stretching) but...guh, I want to be able to do bench day again, and I need well-defined pecs and abs by late October.

Saw some pic's of you at Animaritime, you looked good kiddo!

Wondering if your Tumblr addiction is gone because your work is so busy at the moment? <g>

Glad to see you're being smart with your workouts and taking things slowly without overdoing it, and that your scars aren't too bad.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Joseph-Gordon-Levitt-Cheering-Clapping.g

You're doing great Nax.  Keep that up.  

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I had a relaxing Canada day, not great, but not bad either.

As for the challenge, I'm mostly keeping my head above the water, but I'm not really going anywhere. I'll probably be re-doing most of this next challenge, to be honest ;P

I'm realizing now that the secret to time management is to be able to tell people NO, which I haven't been able to do so far yet. There is only ONE group of people that I hang around with in RL who doesn't guilt-trip me if I have to say no to a thing (you know who you are :P), and I am highly appreciative of these people. As for the others, I do value their friendship, but fuck, sometimes I just need to do things x_x

I'm also home alone this week, and this makes me realize that I am absolutely unprepared for being an adult. Apparently I have to set aside even more time to do trivial bullshit like dishes and cleaning? I was going to be using this time to work on the finance course. Don't even get me started on cooking, although I did manage to (over)cook a sweet potato in the microwave earlier without making it explode. Maybe I really am a raw vegan at heart because it involves no cooking. Or at least I would be a raw vegan if the SuperStore wasn't right next door with its delicious pre-cooked chickens.

The answer to this is clearly to focus on the I CAN BUSINESS goal so that I can become rich enough to hire servants.

*sigh* and it's already time for bed. Didn't have time to even touch the final thesis corrections or the finance course. Awesome.

• Like 1

I had a relaxing Canada day, not great, but not bad either.

As for the challenge, I'm mostly keeping my head above the water, but I'm not really going anywhere. I'll probably be re-doing most of this next challenge, to be honest ;P

I'm realizing now that the secret to time management is to be able to tell people NO, which I haven't been able to do so far yet. There is only ONE group of people that I hang around with in RL who doesn't guilt-trip me if I have to say no to a thing (you know who you are :tongue:), and I am highly appreciative of these people. As for the others, I do value their friendship, but fuck, sometimes I just need to do things x_x

I'm also home alone this week, and this makes me realize that I am absolutely unprepared for being an adult. Apparently I have to set aside even more time to do trivial bullshit like dishes and cleaning? I was going to be using this time to work on the finance course. Don't even get me started on cooking, although I did manage to (over)cook a sweet potato in the microwave earlier without making it explode. Maybe I really am a raw vegan at heart because it involves no cooking. Or at least I would be a raw vegan if the SuperStore wasn't right next door with its delicious pre-cooked chickens.

The answer to this is clearly to focus on the I CAN BUSINESS goal so that I can become rich enough to hire servants.

*sigh* and it's already time for bed. Didn't have time to even touch the final thesis corrections or the finance course. Awesome.

Being an Adult sucks most days, just try and fake it as best you can kiddo!

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

The last two weeks have been like

SKxEIAK.gif

and

YkRW3GV.gif

Do effort. Wish to succeed. Have coffee in order to increase productivity even though I shouldn't. Fail and miss the finance assignment deadline (x2) anyway because I just can't work fast enough. But oh wait, in order to (try to) meet this deadline I've been entirely putting off the final thesis corrections, so now I'll need to focus on those...which will leave me right up against the next deadline for the finance class assignments.

*SIGH*

I'm failing at the coffee goal, even though I'm drinking nowhere NEAR the amounts of caffeine I used to drink while in grad school. One win that I did make (although it's not on the challenge list) was to overcome tumblr addiction. The amount of time I spend on tumblr now is only a small fraction of what it used to be. This frees up so much time to do other things...

Other things that I still can't manage to do. I don't know WTF I'm doing wrong. I keep missing deadlines and still not being able to do all the things I need to do. I haven't played a video game in over two months, I work on things more, and yet keep coming up short anyway. It's like, if I wanted to get ALL THE THINGS done, then I'd never have any free time for myself ever. No joke. The moment I stop and relax, then OOPS I'M BEHIND ON THINGS AGAIN, or I get told that I should be cleaning, doing this, doing that, looking for a job (JESUS CHRIST, I HAVE A GOOD JOB NOW, WHY IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE? FUCK!)

I should probably go be productive. Lol, I don't even have enough space to do my work on the table, so this means I need to de-clutter the table and move all the things currently on the table and bring them into my room, which will prompt the "you need to clean your room" nagging sequence and...you know what, fuck it, I'll just throw everything into a pile on the floor.

For some good news, though: some of the cosplay items that I now realize I won't have time to make can likely be ordered and 3D printed. Time is money! Also, I got a raise a few weeks ago B)

But for real: how do I time? :\

• Like 1

Hey kiddo,

You would know better than anybody else, but it almost sounds to me like you're trying to fit too much into your day. Even with the best time management, there are still only 24 hours in the day.

Just concerned you're beating yourself up over factors outside of your control.

Good hearing from you.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild