stillskies is the next master of the clow

stillskies

giphy.gif

Zettai daijobu dayo!

tumblr_nmhzxt0InY1u4rotvo1_500.gif

large.gif

MAIN QUEST: Get to my goal weight and be able to defend myself in the (unlikely) event of an attack.

QUEST 1: FIGHT (+3 WIS)

Fight_zpsrqrwwbz1.jpg

I’ve been really lax in my jiu jitsu training since I started up with PT. I’m trying to step up how often I go, but I also have to be cognizant of my back - I don’t want to worsen my condition. At the same time, I don’t want to fall so far behind that I can never catch up. I think that I’ve found a solution to this.

Fight%20Card_zpsctfxm7c9.gif

CHALLENGE: Watch 60mins of jiu jitsu technique videos  

A: 60 minutes  B: 45 minutes  C: 30 minutes

QUEST 2: POWER (+2 STR, +2 DEX)

Power_zpsctzygklc.jpg

My core sucks. Like, hardcore sucks. Like, I can barely do a straight arm plank for :45 seconds sucks. So, we really need to fix that. And while the PT stuff has been helping, it’s really basic and not really enough. Since your core is where your power comes from in martial arts, I can’t afford to not work on it.

Power%20Card_zpspnbhblcn.gif

CHALLENGE: Do three core workouts a week

A: 3 workouts  B: 2 workouts  C: 1 workout

QUEST 3: DASH (+3 STA, +2 CON)

Dash_zpsml7wtucp.jpg

In keeping with my non-monkly tradition of running, I have four races during this six week challenge. I’ve also recently moved, and there are really pretty places within running distance of my house that I’ve yet to explore. Besides, the weather is super nice and I just need to get into a real habit of doing this, especially since I’m considering a half marathon in November.

Dash%20Card_zpssj3ccvuv.gif

CHALLENGE: Run outside 2x a week (races are included)

A: 2 runs B: 1 run C: 0 runs

LIFE QUEST: SWEET (+3 CHA)

Sweet_zpsnp44802f.jpg

I have a big, new kitchen. It’s really pretty. And has a lot of light. And kind of makes me want to bake. Which is something that I keep meaning to do more of. So might as well get on that, right? Besides, starsapart keeps saying that I have all these baking things that I never use, so clearly I have to use them.

Sweet%20Card_zpsahczlyyv.gif

CHALLENGE: Bake something once a week and post a picture

PASS: Baked something  FAIL: Did not bake

BONUS CHALLENGE: Invite someone over to eat said baked thing (or starsapart will cry about her waistline)

No grading for this since it’s a bonus

tumblr_mt5ir2lBp31s88urwo1_500.gif

Point breakdown:

STR :

DEX :

STA :

CON :

WIS :

CHA :

tumblr_n1h7p3F2ud1to21edo2_r1_500.gif

REWARDS:

Again, no rewards because this house buying thing is expensive as heck.  

tumblr_n69myyWNiB1r4ftabo1_500.gif

MOTIVATION: Hit that goal weight! I’m so. Freaking. Close. Improve my 5K time! Train for that (theoretical) half marathon!  

tumblr_makew57pkC1rasay6o1_500.gif

Before pictures: (will be posted night before the challenge)

Measurements: (will be posted night before the challenge)

Neck:

Chest:

Waist:

Hips:

Thigh: R:  L:

Calf: R: L:

Bicep: R: L:

Weight: lbs

Dress/pants size: 8

• Like 3

Also: 

In keeping with my non-monkly tradition of running, I have four races during this six week challenge. I’ve also recently moved, and there are really pretty places within running distance of my house that I’ve yet to explore. Besides, the weather is super nice and I just need to get into a real habit of doing this, especially since I’m considering a half marathon in November.

Hmmmmmmmmm I WONDER WHAT THOSE FOUR RACES ARE THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY BE THE SAME AS MY FOUR RACES

• Like 1

Hmmmmmmmmm I WONDER WHAT THOSE FOUR RACES ARE THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY BE THE SAME AS MY FOUR RACES

OF COURSE THEY AREN'T.

Although I just added two more to my list, so welp. >.> Damn you work and adding more runs!

And I have one this Saturday, too......................

DO I RUN TOO MUCH?

• Like 2

DAY 001

tumblr_mn8c58VjBI1sqam4ao1_500.gif

And so begins a new challenge. As is tradition, I had a race last Saturday, which didn't go nearly as well as I had hoped. Alas - it's all about improving, and I've definitely been skimping on the exercise and haven't really been watching my eating. And I'd spent the three days leading up to the race doing some serious core workouts, so needless to say, I wasn't in tip top form. Regardless, I finished in 34:13, which is a little over a minute of my PR. Which isn't bad, but definitely isn't what I wanted. But it was for a good cause (ovarian cancer awareness!) and I had fun, and it was absolutely gorgeous, so. 

Sunday was fun. I had a friend from school over, S. She's gained a bunch of weight since we graduated last year, and isn't feeling all that good about herself. So we're going to be doing Sunday work out dates going forward, at least until she can get into the habit of doing it herself. Right now, she's going to start tracking calories (she overeats because work is stressful) and start working out a few times a week. One of those days will be with me, and we'll either run or body weight. Whatever we feel up to. 

Anyway, onto the start of the challenge!

CARD 001 [THE FIGHT] 0/60 minutes. Plan on doing some tomorrow night. I'm too scatterbrained to properly focus tonight.

CARD 002 [THE POWER] 1/3 workouts. Today was side planks. I was going to do some additional things (leg raises, for one), but my back spasmed after the planks, so I think I'm going to leave it at that tonight. Wednesday will be core heavy (as is scheduled), and so will Sunday (work out date with S). Would do a day on Friday, but I need to put some space between core work and races, and since I have another one on Saturday.... Sunday sounds like a good bet.

CARD 003 [THE DASH] 0/2 outdoor runs. Planning on running tomorrow after work, weather allowing. 

CARD 004 [THE SWEET] 0/1 baking adventures. This is a weekend quest, although I totally got a head start on it this last weekend. Whoops.

BONUS CARD [THE MINI] This week's monk mini is a PvP. The theme is core. I've claimed side planks and leg raises (I wonder why........). Did my planks and earned myself 36 points (1pt for every :5s held). I may try some leg raises before bed if my back cooperates. I kind of want to beat Kishi, negl. #sorrynotsorry

Aw, dude, I forgot. Touya does karate, if I remember right.

All right. I dig it.

Sorry to hear the race didn't go the way you wanted. Though, I would think, losing a minute given the relatively small amount of dedicated training you've done lately isn't so bad, right? I mean, that's just how it sounds.

Also, nice job with those planks! :) I guess I'm going to have to step my game up a little bit.

Yup. Black belt (because anime). Also, Syaroan and Meilin have been trained in an unnamed Chinese martial art. Totally monk-like. :D

Eh. One minute isn't that bad. I think my last 5K was two or three minutes over my PR. I think my problem was that I had to walk, but my core was so sore it was making it hard to breathe, so it was either keep running and pass out, or walk and cross the finish line.

Guess so. :P Although I'm sure you'll totally end up beating me, anyway, so.

Not sure if they're doing stat points for those who participate (wasn't mentioned in the post - I think it would be cool if they did, though), but there are definitely points to be counted to beat the weekly boss, who is Kishi this week. :D

I kind of want an awesome title or theme song, negl.

• Like 1

Not sure if they're doing stat points for those who participate (wasn't mentioned in the post - I think it would be cool if they did, though), but there are definitely points to be counted to beat the weekly boss, who is Kishi this week. :D

I kind of want an awesome title or theme song, negl.

I would like a title myself.  I listen to waaaay too many songs to think of a theme song.  An awesome title would be awesome though.  I doubt I'll be Kishi since it's...Kishi and I started late, but hey don't mind getting my core on.  A stat bonus would be awesome.

• Like 1

DAY 002

tumblr_n0wuz6Zz5z1tq2uhdo1_500.gif

So sleepy. Not as sleepy as poor starsapart is going to be when she gets home, but still. Going to call it an early night, methinks.

Work was work. I don't know how my boss is expecting me to keep up with all of the projects she's giving me. Magic? Idk. Went to zumba with a co worker, which was fun. Then I came home and did some chores, ate, and then binge watched a disc of Angelic Layer. Lazy Sherri is lazy.

Moving right along~

CARD 001 [THE FIGHT] 0/60 minutes. Planned on doing some tonight buuuuuuuuuuuut got lazy. Whoops.

CARD 002 [THE POWER] 2/3 workouts. Today was zumba (which is core heavy) and leg raises for the monk PvP. One of these days, I'll remember what it feels like to not have my midsection want to kill me.

CARD 003 [THE DASH] 0/2 outdoor runs. Was planning on going out today, but it decided to start storming on my way home.

CARD 004 [THE SWEET] 0/1 baking adventures. This is a weekend quest.

BONUS CARD [THE MINI] 60 leg raises done today. My core does not thank me. Not at all.