• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stillskies

stillskies is the next master of the clow

Aw, girl. Pain sucks. Sorry to hear that you gotta deal with it. :(

You take your time. Feel better. Training is hard enough without the added specialness of feeling all the pain.

It sounds like you had a great race and that you're doing as much as you can to get in to the Avengers 10K. That's awesome! I hope you can get to feeling better soon so that you can do all the things you want to do.

Pain really does suck. If it wasn't in my teeth, I think I'd be more okay with it, but. Big baby with my teeth. :(

The race was definitely fun! Aaaaaaand I bit the bullet and I am now signed up for the Avengers Half. I'm sure I'm going to die during it, but.

Eh, I'm sure there will be other races in that neighborhood, so maybe next time! And hopefully you'll get out here this weekend for the housewarming! I still need to figure out what I'm baking, though....

Yay!  Next time!  Yay!!  Housewarming!  Yay BAKED GOODS!  I'm sure you'll make something yummy that I will eat and enjoy and love :love_heart:.

When I had my sinus infection, my teeth didn't hurt.  It was my face.  My face hurt all the time.  Around my nose and my eyes were throbbing.  That sucked and yes thank god for antibiotics!  Glad you're feeling better :D

Yay!  Next time!  Yay!!  Housewarming!  Yay BAKED GOODS!  I'm sure you'll make something yummy that I will eat and enjoy and love :love_heart:.

When I had my sinus infection, my teeth didn't hurt.  It was my face.  My face hurt all the time.  Around my nose and my eyes were throbbing.  That sucked and yes thank god for antibiotics!  Glad you're feeling better :D

I already have what I'm baking picked out, so. :D

Lucky. If it was just my face, I'd be okay, but it's draining into my teeth and ugggggggggggggggh. But yes, antibiotics and feeling better is definitely a good thing. 

• Like 1

d348221c-715b-4d66-bbcf-1ae29d14363d_zps

FroYo 10K~! Which was in Highlands Ranch, which is a little less than an hour's drive from where I live, so I had to get up early. I hadn't really done much prep for it - hadn't even really looked at the course - but I figured so long as I was under 01:30:00, I was good. After all, if I decide to run the Avenger's Half in November, I need a qualifying 10K or higher time. (I would use the 10M from last month, but that wasn't in my name, sooooo...) Anyway, got my bib and swag, then blkhole found me and we waited for the race to start. She had done her research and informed me that there wasn't much elevation change after the first mile, but the first mile, it turns out, was uphill.

Urgh. Made it all the way up and down and got to mile 2 before I needed to walk. The first 5K wasn't too bad - ~35 minutes or so - but the second half was brutal. The hill that I totally jogged the whole way up? Wasn't happening a second time. 

At any rate, the course was pretty, and, more importantly, not muddy. A lot of it was on streets and sidewalks, with about half a mile on a trail. The race promised two 'cool zones,' which were just inflatable misters, but there was only one right before the finish. Boo.

Personal accomplishments, though!

• I managed to stay less than a minute behind blkhole - I even occasionally pulled ahead of her! Of course, I'm pretty sure her time for this 10K was a slow one for her, whereas it was definitely a PR for me. 

If you look over your right shoulder in that pic there, there's the proof that you were ahead of me for a good portion of the first lap. ;) (And it's the only picture that they got of me for the entire race, too, sads) Seriously, though, that first mile uphill was BRUTAL UGH.  But FROYO YAY!

Also boo sinus infection and YAY HALF MARATHON! So you're going to do the Hot Chocolate 15K after all? I'm still debating it. I swear, if it was any other weekend, and I know Tyro won't mind if I run a race the morning after our anniversary and he'll be 100% supportive I just don't know if I want to do it still. akldjf;lsjd;fj decisions, decisions!!!

BUT YAY HALF MARATHON!!! :D

• Like 1

If you look over your right shoulder in that pic there, there's the proof that you were ahead of me for a good portion of the first lap. ;) (And it's the only picture that they got of me for the entire race, too, sads) Seriously, though, that first mile uphill was BRUTAL UGH.  But FROYO YAY!

Also boo sinus infection and YAY HALF MARATHON! So you're going to do the Hot Chocolate 15K after all? I'm still debating it. I swear, if it was any other weekend, and I know Tyro won't mind if I run a race the morning after our anniversary and he'll be 100% supportive I just don't know if I want to do it still. akldjf;lsjd;fj decisions, decisions!!!

BUT YAY HALF MARATHON!!! :D

But only the first lap. XD And yeah, this picture was the only one they got of me, so. Boo. :(

I'm......... not sure. I mean, the 15K might not be a bad idea just for training, but. I mean. That's a lot of miles.... XD And you should totally do it. :P He can sleep in and you can run and then come back and you still have allllllllllllllllllllllll weekend. :D

I AM NOT SURE YAY BUT OKAY

Also, here are races I'm for sure doing. Most likely just the 5K, but:

Pumpkin Pie

Christmas Carol Classic

Lucky Laces

Yes, all three of these have medals for doing them. ^_^ The Pumpkin Pie one might be too close to the half since it's in November, and idk if you're up for a race in March, but Christmas Carol Classic again? ;)

Why. Why do you do this to me???? XD

Hrm. Pumpkin Pie is literally the Saturday after the half. I'm not sure about that one, yet, but eh. Christmas Carol Classic and Lucky Laces don't seem so bad................

But only the first lap. XD And yeah, this picture was the only one they got of me, so. Boo. :(

I'm......... not sure. I mean, the 15K might not be a bad idea just for training, but. I mean. That's a lot of miles.... XD And you should totally do it. :tongue: He can sleep in and you can run and then come back and you still have allllllllllllllllllllllll weekend. :D

I AM NOT SURE YAY BUT OKAY

Why. Why do you do this to me???? XD

Hrm. Pumpkin Pie is literally the Saturday after the half. I'm not sure about that one, yet, but eh. Christmas Carol Classic and Lucky Laces don't seem so bad................

Yeah, while the picture quality is really good, they otherwise did a pretty bad job with getting pictures. I swear they didn't even get half the runners who participated! It seems a very small sample. :( I guess that's why they're free???

15K is nothing compared to the 21K you're going to be doing just over a month later. :P 9.3 miles is a good and fun and delicious way to train!! If you do it, I'll do it~

And I show you shiny races because I'm evil. I thought we established this? ;)

I figured for the Pumpkin Pie because trust me, I know how it goes after you run a half marathon, but Christmas Carol Classic is one we've done before and this time, since I know the 10K is a loop around the same course as the 5K, I'm satisfied with just sticking to the 5K this time around. :lol: And Lucky Laces is in March, but there's the 5K option so it may not be so bad if things go according to plan? IDK??????

All this in the name of my crazy idea to run a race every month for the next year or so. Because I'm insane or something. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; 

• Like 1

Yeah, while the picture quality is really good, they otherwise did a pretty bad job with getting pictures. I swear they didn't even get half the runners who participated! It seems a very small sample. :( I guess that's why they're free???

15K is nothing compared to the 21K you're going to be doing just over a month later. :tongue: 9.3 miles is a good and fun and delicious way to train!! If you do it, I'll do it~

And I show you shiny races because I'm evil. I thought we established this? ;)

I figured for the Pumpkin Pie because trust me, I know how it goes after you run a half marathon, but Christmas Carol Classic is one we've done before and this time, since I know the 10K is a loop around the same course as the 5K, I'm satisfied with just sticking to the 5K this time around. :lol: And Lucky Laces is in March, but there's the 5K option so it may not be so bad if things go according to plan? IDK??????

All this in the name of my crazy idea to run a race every month for the next year or so. Because I'm insane or something. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; 

Maybe. But yeah, the last two races have been disappointing with pictures. 

Ha. Ha ha ha. I'm not even going to think about the 21K. Because that is madness. I'm clearly crazy. I'll think about it. Looks like price goes up at the end of the month, so if we want relatively cheap prices, we'll need to decide soon.

:P Evil, indeed.

I'm down for the 5Ks on both - I'm kind of over 10K courses that just loop the 5K course twice. That second loop somehow makes it way harder.

Hahahaha I actually have this same goal??? But I'm missing August if I do the Christmas Carol Classic and Hot Chocolate 5K.............................................

DAYS 017 & 018

tumblr_lnzwxndU3D1qlroiio1_500.gif

Yesterday was significantly less painful, so yay for antibiotics! Still kind of painful, and my gums were swollen like whoa, but I could close my mouth and concentrate, which meant a half day was not needed. Which was probably good considering when I mentioned it to my boss during staff in the morning that I may take a half day, she sounded less than thrilled. So, I made it through the whole day, which was a victory in and of itself. Work was slow, aside from the myriad of meetings I was subjected to, but that meant that I could walk away from my computer to breathe through some pain whenever necessary.

Also, I signed up for the Avengers Superhero Half Marathon on November 15th at Disneyland. I finally bit the bullet. I'm still thinking I'm being rash and probably shouldn't have done this, but what's done is done and welp.

Today was better than yesterday. My teeth are still a little sensitive, and the gums are still a little swollen, but I can talk and bite without much problem. :D I can feel my sinuses draining down the back of my throat, and I'm not pleased, but you know what? It's considerably better than it draining into my teeth. So I'll take what I can get. Went into the office today, which went well. Even managed to make it down to the gym for a little while to work out - two necessary rest days were driving me crazy - and I took it slow and did things that didn't require me to lay down. I attempted bosu squats today, which was interesting. Balance and I are not besties, but my old trainer form checked me and suggest I do them with a weight, which actually helped a lot. :)

Went to the chiro (no PT~!), had my massage. The lady that usually works the receptionist desk was my masseuse today, and let me tell you, it felt like velociraptor was having a field day on my back. At one point, I'm pretty sure she tried to scalp me. Despite the rather rough massage, I felt waaaaaaaaaaaay better. :D Went in to see the chiro, who adjusted me and then did some pressure point stuff to help out with my sinuses. :D I figure this is a win.

Came home, had dinner, then went on an hour walk with starsapart to the park and the lake. Weather was nice, I got to swing on a swing for a little while, and I also got to scope out some nice jogging paths. :) All in all, a good day. 

To the cards!

CARD 001 [THE FIGHT] 0/60 minutes. I........ really need to get on this. ^^;; Hopefully tomorrow is a slow day at work.

CARD 002 [THE POWER] 2/3 workouts. I maybe sort of tortured myself today because planks and sliders and leg movements aren't nice. 

CARD 003 [THE DASH] 1/2 outdoor runs/walks. Modifying this week for walks or runs. I'm feeling better, but bouncing motions still don't feel good, so I'll count outdoor walks of fifteen minutes or longer towards this goal for the week.

CARD 004 [THE SWEET] 0/1 baking adventures. Baking adventures have been picked out for this weekend, and I'll be making the first of them tomorrow. Prep for the housewarming party, after all. ;)

BONUS CARD [THE MINI] Still not risking it. I'm hoping I'll be able to bust some out on Saturday and Sunday, but I need my sinuses to stop draining before I attempt to do anything like that.

• Like 1

Ha. Ha ha ha. I'm not even going to think about the 21K. Because that is madness. I'm clearly crazy. I'll think about it. Looks like price goes up at the end of the month, so if we want relatively cheap prices, we'll need to decide soon.

:tongue: Evil, indeed.

I'm down for the 5Ks on both - I'm kind of over 10K courses that just loop the 5K course twice. That second loop somehow makes it way harder.

Hahahaha I actually have this same goal??? But I'm missing August if I do the Christmas Carol Classic and Hot Chocolate 5K.............................................

Yep, we have just over two weeks. I'm leaning more and more towards doing it since if I'm going to train up to a medium-distance race, October 4th is the perfect time to run said race since once October hits I get less and less inclined, due to the severe loss in daylight hours, to go for runs. Plus, 9.3 miles, that's actually not so bad at all!

:devilish:

I feel the same way about two-loop 10K's. It's... really kind of annoying and kind of a cheap way to get both a 5K and a 10K out of one race. Besides, I know how I am with running in the winter months. A 5K is the most realistic distance I can race from October through April!

I'll be missing August too if only because I can't find a race I'm truly excited for that I can actually do. Silly beach vacation, getting in the way of things. :lol: I may also miss January because of Japan. So, so terrible......... ;)

Yep, we have just over two weeks. I'm leaning more and more towards doing it since if I'm going to train up to a medium-distance race, October 4th is the perfect time to run said race since once October hits I get less and less inclined, due to the severe loss in daylight hours, to go for runs. Plus, 9.3 miles, that's actually not so bad at all!

:devilish:

I feel the same way about two-loop 10K's. It's... really kind of annoying and kind of a cheap way to get both a 5K and a 10K out of one race. Besides, I know how I am with running in the winter months. A 5K is the most realistic distance I can race from October through April!

I'll be missing August too if only because I can't find a race I'm truly excited for that I can actually do. Silly beach vacation, getting in the way of things. :lol: I may also miss January because of Japan. So, so terrible......... ;)

Yeah... It might not be a bad thing. 9.3M a month or so before the half might be a good thing. Spend the rest of the time up until the half doing smaller races and long runs. Hrm....

It really is. =/ I mean, if you're going to up my price, at least give me a decent course. And yeah, running in winter. hahahahahahaha #nope

Yeah, the only race in August I want is the one I can't have because we'll be flying to Mexico...... Not sure what I'll do in January, though. I'm kind of sad for this year, though! I missed April. :(

• Like 1

Yeah... It might not be a bad thing. 9.3M a month or so before the half might be a good thing. Spend the rest of the time up until the half doing smaller races and long runs. Hrm....

It really is. =/ I mean, if you're going to up my price, at least give me a decent course. And yeah, running in winter. hahahahahahaha #nope

Yeah, the only race in August I want is the one I can't have because we'll be flying to Mexico...... Not sure what I'll do in January, though. I'm kind of sad for this year, though! I missed April. :(

Depending on the training program you use, it might even fall about around the time you need to be doing ~9 miles during your long runs, too, so you could even use it as a training run if you felt so inclined. ^_^

Basically, yes, this. I will most likely do the FroYo race again, but I'll only do the 5K if they wind up looping the same course twice. And lmao, running in winter, yeah, no, nonononono. I don't do cold and I hate the treadmills. :P If I can minimize the time running in the cold or on the treadmills, I will, which means races greater than 5K is so much out of the question!

Aw. :( But hey, having to miss a month isn't so bad, especially since there are months where you're doing 2+, amirite? ;) But yeah, January, no clue. First I need to know when I'm getting back from Japan, and then I can have a clearer idea of what race I might be able to run. And as for August...

OKAY. Races that look promising in August:

Color Run - because we aren't already doing one in July.

Rugged Maniac 5K - because obstacles! Buuuuuuuuut mud run. =/

Neon Vibe 5K - because you can never have too many neon races

Pancake Stampede 5K - FREE ALL YOU CAN EAT PANCAKES AFTERWARDS

PANCAKES OMG YES THAT IS AMAZING. My only hesitation is that that's the morning of closing for Cabaret and I don't know if running a race before I have to do this show will be the best of ideas, but... PANCAKES. Eee! And as for the mud run....... idk, maybe if I know to expect the mud and prepare my clothes and prepare mentally/emotionally in advance for it.... maybe??? It's just. I don't like being that kind of dirty. :P But obstacles! But mud. But obstacles! But mud. ACK!

I can't do the Neon run because I'm performing that night, and the Color Run.... maybe. Very very maybe. And I'm feeling in a very rainbowy mood today. :D

These are the races that I managed to narrow things down to as of yesterday from my research.

Holy Cow Trail Stampede - out and back course with some trails. In your neck of the woods. Not as thrilled about this one, tbh.

Boulder Sunset 5K - despite the name, it's more of a lunchtime race, which in August I'm kind of eh on, but we get a medal out of the deal?

Esprit de She - again, in your neck of the woods, and we get bubblies and tapas at the end of the run! But it's a Thursday evening run. Don't know how you feel about that?

I want pancakes now. I wonder if running 5K is worth all of the pancakes, though <_<

Tbh, I probably wouldn't eat more than a couple anyway because I can't stomach more than that. Trust me, I've tried. :lol: BUT PANCAKES.

I kind of want to do the Rugged Maniac... >_>

But. Mud. :(

I would run for waffles - the pancake as done by engineers. :P

DSC_0041.jpg

Mmmmm... every pocket perfectly placed as a reservoir for maple deliciousness.

Or blueberry, if you're so inclined.

• Like 2

I would run for waffles - the pancake as done by engineers. :tongue:

DSC_0041.jpg

Mmmmm... every pocket perfectly placed as a reservoir for maple deliciousness.

Or blueberry, if you're so inclined.

Mmmmm.... I like my waffles European-style: covered with whipped cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce, nuts and dried fruit :drool:

• Like 2

Oh god waffles...I love waffles.  Delicious waffles with a crispy outside and a tender inside.  Covered with anything that could be considered delicious...

le-funambule-waffles_324534.jpg

You are evil. Also, where is that?

• Like 1