• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BarefootDawsy

BarefootDawsy's 'We Kendo It!' Challenge

Day 4:

Yay I finished my last exam for the semester today...went really well too, I think. I celebrated with a full Kendo workout in my backyard:

10 x 10 Joge Buri (big strikes)

10 x 10 Naname Buri (Big diagonal strikes)

10 x 10 Yoko Men Suburi (diagonal head strikes with side-steps)

10 x 5 Left hand only Joge Buri

10 x 5 Right hand only Joge Buri

Phew that was fun! I also was feeling guilty about doing nothing yesterday so before bed, I squeezed out a measly 10 pushups and 10 squat jumps (thought because we're in week 1, this counts as a workout!) so that's a 4 day streak I've got going..I'll take that!

kendo_more_awesome_than_whatever_it_is_y

• Like 2

Good work! Now that school is done for both of us, we should have more time for swinging things at people.

Also, robots with swords mean training partners that don't feel pain: so that's a plus, I guess.

• Like 2

Good work! Now that school is done for both of us, we should have more time for swinging things at people.

Also, robots with swords mean training partners that don't feel pain: so that's a plus, I guess.

Amen to that!

Day 5:

Back to work today, and a bunch of stuff to catch up on, so I missed my lunchtime workout - so I did it tonight instead!

I've been feeling a bit bad about my workout form 2 nights ago, since it was technically OK, but I didn't really push myself. I made up for that tonight by jumping ahead and having a good crack at the pushups/jump squats routine. Here's how I went:

5 X 10 pushups

5 x 10 Jump squats.

It may not sound like much, but I'm nailed from it, and still breathing heavily ;) Feels good to push myself though. It's been a good week of going reasonably hard with my workouts, and I'm pleased at how I'm feeling. I've definitely got more energy, and I feel like I'm already getting stronger. 

Streak count: 5 days!

• Like 1

I had gotten in bed within the time to get up at 6 am. 

My alarm however, was set to 6:45 am...cause...I forgot to change it...so I ended up missing my own morning workout...

giphy.gif

The fact that you still did your planned workout in the evening definitely inspires me to do my work out once I get home from work.  I always get a little...weird whenever my routine or my plan for the day is changed or interrupted.  It's something I need to work on but ooo it causes such stress sometimes.

Awesome that you nailed it and did a workout that left you feeling like you worked hard.  Feel the energy surge and the strength grow!  Enjoy the power!

the-force-is-strong-with-this-mother-fuc

(almost too perfect...I had to use it)

• Like 2

Lol nice :) one of the things I really want to work on this challenge is resilience. I often end up getting side tracked by work, kids, etc, but I'm determined to stick to the routine like glue this time (if only to prove @Endor wrong ;)).

Here's hoping you manager to get your workout back today!

• Like 1

Resilience/toughness is part of what makes us special around here. You came to the right place this challenge. :)

• Like 1

Lol nice :) one of the things I really want to work on this challenge is resilience. I often end up getting side tracked by work, kids, etc, but I'm determined to stick to the routine like glue this time (if only to prove @Endor wrong ;)).

I'm waiting to bring the slappers down on you if you slack off!

goldeneye-007-nintendo-64-n64-017.jpg

• Like 1

Weekend update: I think I'm getting addicted to streaking...wait, OK probably not the best way to put it...

I couldn't resist another quick workout today....the kettlebell was staring at me:

5 x 10 kettlebell lifts

5 x 10 kettlebell swings

Streak count: 6 days

Feels good!

• Like 1

There's just something about kettlebells that draws you in to practice every day. I kinda hate a missed day with 'em.

• Like 1

There's just something about kettlebells that draws you in to practice every day. I kinda hate a missed day with 'em.

There's something about kettlebells that makes me not want to do them ever and causes a massive groan whenever my coach programs them :P 

I guess we're all unique snowflakes :) (you can keep your wall balls too, but Oly lifting I'll take ;) )

• Like 1

So true :) Out of curiosity, what weight kettlebells do you use @Kishi?

Currently, I use a 16 KG and a 24 KG bell - the 16 for get ups, and the 24 for swings.

Been a bit quiet lately, haven't I? That's what happens when they book and IT conference somewhere where there's no mobile reception (face palm).

I'm on the last day of the conference today, and though it's been good, my routine and streak have gone out the window due to early starts, late finishes and shared rooms.

Really looking forward to getting home tomorrow and getting back into it.

On a positive note, I've kept my eating sensible and drinking within reason, and even feel like I might have lost a tiny bit if weight, so there's that...

• Like 2

7311743.gif

...The irony of being at an IT conference with no mobile reception...though they could've done it on purpose too...but still! 

Awesome that the fooding and drinking has been sensible.  You'll be right back into your routine in no time :D

• Like 1

Finally back in town! It was good to get away for a bit...shame about having to work and all though. 

I figured it would be best to get straight back into things, so I've hit the kettlebell:

• 2 x 20 lifts
  • 2 x 20 swings

Doubling the reps per set makes it much tougher! That will do for now, but there will no doubt be more to do - I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Mm, be careful. Make sure that you're executing these techniques well. More is not always better when it comes to exercise.

• Like 1