• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BarefootDawsy

BarefootDawsy's 'We Kendo It!' Challenge

Hmm martial arts equipment importer... I could think of worse businesses...otherwise get a sewing machine and knock them out for a few bucks a piece and charge full price...might have to look into this...lots of new kendoka starting each year...

Let me know if you need help building a PC...haven't done that in yonks!

Wifey has a sewing machine....hmm she needs more practice before being commercially viable....that's the diplomatic way of putting it ;)

Yeah lats PC I built was about 5 or 6 years ago, I don't really want to pour $1000 into a new one but once you start looking at the parts and stuff it sucks you in :) The smart thing to do would be just buy a new GPU, I never have time to play games anyway but then....battlefront....

Yeah but then you really have to upgrade your motherboard....and if you're doing that, you need a new power supply...dammit! I see what you mean ;)

Yeah but it is tax time and if it's powerful enough to be a lab machine...

• Like 1

Short workout is always good!  It's awesome you were able to fit it in with such a busy day!

And sorry I haven't been visiting!  I need to set up camp here!  Especially with dat deadpool pic now :D

Update: YOU STOLE MY GIF!!

eCmXSJE.gif

Nah just playing, plenty more gifs where that came from.  God I love Gintama.

• Like 1

Short workout is always good!  It's awesome you were able to fit it in with such a busy day!

And sorry I haven't been visiting!  I need to set up camp here!  Especially with dat deadpool pic now :D

Update: YOU STOLE MY GIF!!

eCmXSJE.gif

Nah just playing, plenty more gifs where that came from.  God I love Gintama.

Lol I gave you credit! Still I have no regrets ;)

It's been really handy to have a list of exercise routines waiting for me, so if I feel like a slacker, I can just grab one, knock it out, then be done with it. It's much easier than kitting up , heading to the gym, etc. I highly recommend it!

Week 3 begins properly

So in light of yesterday's so-so effort, I decided to nail myself this afternoon. I got fully geared up in my bogu (Kendo armour), and went outside for a full training session:

3 x 10 Men cuts

3 x 10 Kote cuts

3 x 10 full cuts

5 x 5 left hand full cuts

5 x 5 right hand full cuts

and for fun, 1 minute of hai-suburi, which is basically high intensity, nonstop striking....1 minute was HARD. I think I'll start doing this a few times a week.

Yay Kendo

kendo.jpg

Martial arts drills are funny like that. We keep getting told that there's all this extra stuff we can do to make martial arts easier, like KB Swings or sprints or whatever, but in the end the art wins out. Always and ever.

• Like 2

Martial arts drills are funny like that. We keep getting told that there's all this extra stuff we can do to make martial arts easier, like KB Swings or sprints or whatever, but in the end the art wins out. Always and ever.

Yeah, maybe my sensei's not so crazy afterall ;)

Just posting this because I thought it was awesome...move along

11406453_1038395459538771_36615641841594

This is teh darth with storm troopers non?

Sore upper body from kendo yesterday and moving furniture last night + Busy day today + Little time to myself, = 2 x 50 air squats

...not on the prescribed workout list, but I'll accept it!

• Like 3

Sore upper body from kendo yesterday and moving furniture last night + Busy day today + Little time to myself, = 2 x 50 air squats

...not on the prescribed workout list, but I'll accept it!

I'm officially impressed. Great that you are getting workouts of some sort in despite adversity ;)

• Like 1

I'm officially impressed. Great that you are getting workouts of some sort in despite adversity ;)

Thanks mate :)

I've now officially re-registered with my old dojo for 2015-2016. I feel like all this prep work is starting to pay off....I'm stronger, am remembering my technique/drills, and am really excited to be starting again - just where I wanted to be by the end of June :D

• Like 2