Mogget is a B.A.B.

Mogget

Ok. I've been doing power lifting routines in my gym for like...2 months now. I'm trying to level up my lifts and make my muscles bigger. It's a slow process, but I love it.

I also love how many people don't realize how strong I am. I prove them wrong.

strong-olsen.gif

Main Quest: Get Stronger

I will continue to lift. Deadlift. Bench. Squat. I don't have specific lifting goals at this moment.

Since I'm going on a trip to the USA it will interrupt my lifting abilities, but I will work on bodyweight during that time instead. I'm really hoping it won't hurt my working weight once I get back.

The GOAL is to see measurable increases in strength via higher weights on the bar and the ability to do push ups better.

Quest 1: Power Up My Push Up

I've never been able to do a strict push up. I'm going to do a program found in the vast depths of Google (ok I lied it was on the first page) to get myself to start doing "real" push ups instead of lady push ups. 

qrVLBLASWdjYQ.gif

Quest 2: Eat Well

I guess I don't have a nifty name for this.

I'm not going to deny myself yummy American food while I'm Stateside, so this is a 2-part goal.

Eat 80% / 20% Paleo healthy while I'm in Korea, focusing on veggies, fruit, protein, and healthy fats. 

Eat 50% Paleo healthy while I'm in the USA.

This shouldn't be horrible since 7/13 days in 'Murica is going to be hiking with the fam in the backwoods. So, much trail mix, dried fruit, and jerky shall be consumed.

Quest 3: Step it Up

I want to get myself moving more and keep my weekly step goal over 90k. This means about 12,860 steps per day. 

Life Goal Quest: Ace the TOPIK

I'm planning on taking the Korean proficiency test at an Elementary level next month. Registration is next week. I haven't decided on how to measure my progress on this, but I will be doing a lot of studying. Alllllll the vocabs. 

Maybe these quests aren't very warrior-y ... but I'm a warrior so here I be! 

I'm watching you too...

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

I bought stuff. Ebooks from the topikguide website. I'll send em to you.

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

I looked up what it means to be Paleo beyond like...not eating grains or rice and I'm not sure about this after all.

No legumes? WTF. Me and my lentils and chick peas would like to talk about this.

No peanut butter? Get out of town.

No oatmeal? I knew this already but ... but... yeah I think "Go 80/20 Paleo" is actually going to be "go 80/20 healthy and hit my macros." 

• Like 2

THE MERS HIT MY TOWN. Which means a couple of doctors have it,  but they shut down my school for the week. So I'm not really working (going in for a bit tomorrow to help make homework packets but that's it.) 

Why do you care? I went on a two hour hike today on a nearby mountain I always meant to check out. 

So, day 1 I decided to have myself an "unhealthy" meal: 1 of 4 this week. I'm okay with that. I didn't have much of a lunch.

In addition because of days not going to work I will do my weights early then go into Seoul tomorrow for a run and hanging out with new friends.

Who am I? This weird woman who weight lifts and runs? 

18 year-old me would not know her.

• Like 2

My going into Seoul to run and hang out turned into sleeping overnight in Seoul and having a hangover this morning. Totally worth it.

Yesterday I did a weigh-in at the gym and discovered I am down about 3 pounds. My measurements are mostly down from last month, too. So, hurray for progress. 

I ate my second "unhealthy" meal today: curry udon. I also had affogato while I studied.

BUT DINNER WAS AMAZING salmon on a salad. Very good for me. 

Also I hit my 10k steps today regardless of how long I was in bed this morning. So...yay! 

Tomorrow I will do better. I plan on getting up at a reasonable time, doing a practice TOPIK test, painting, lifting, and taking a hike. I'm also going to see Jurassic World tomorrow night, and I WILL NOT HAVE JUNK FOOD. 

Last week was fine. This week I would say is not going amazing. I have been eating out a lot and they're all pretty much B and C grade meals as far as healthy goes. I'm too stressed and pumped to get on a plane Saturday. I'm also so busy I don't have time for the gym.

That doesn't really give me a good excuse to not be working on my pushups. I just haven't been. I don't know why I can't get into a routine of exercising just in my house. It stinks.

Meanwhile, the Korean studying is going well. I'm on Quizlet pretty regularly trying to memorize vocab. So, at least I'm motivated for that.