Elisha's Sticking With The Basics

Elisha

My first whole30 is over on the 11th. I know I'm going allow myself sugar (s'moreos came out during of all times) if I really want it. I'm hoping by day 31 I really won't.  

I am not clear about what I want to do this challenge, other than keep it simple.  My options are: do another whole30 or eat whole30-ish, yogalosophy (yoga for 28 days plus some resistance), running.  I want to rush and get back to lifting weights, which used to be my primary exercise, but each time I try I just stop. I need to build my activity up slowly and actually maintain it before I go back to lifting. I'm leaning towards yoga. I'm sure I'll run a little. 

I think once I add some workouts I'll feel even better than I do now.  No more naps, no more sleeping 14 hours a day (plus naps). 

Half Elf, 28.6 lbs overweight, average height, voluptuous, low muscle mass, bad ass mother f*cker

Current Challenge  Fourth Challenge Third Challenge Second Challenge First Challenge  My Long List of Goals 

Level 5

STR: 5STA: 4, DEX: 7, CON: 9, WIS: 13CHA: 8

Weight Goal: 2/43.6

1%
1%

â€œAnd the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom†-- Anaïs Nin

Website      Instagram 

Welcome back!

Did you spend the last 2 weeks doing whole 30?

Did it work for you?

Have a good time figuring out your challenge..

• Like 1

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

Welcome back!

Did you spend the last 2 weeks doing whole 30?

Did it work for you?

Have a good time figuring out your challenge..

I did! I finished it last week and it was so tough, but completely worth it. 

Hey's !

Figured out allready what you're going to do this challenge ?

Sort of, at least the next 28 days. 

Half Elf, 28.6 lbs overweight, average height, voluptuous, low muscle mass, bad ass mother f*cker

Current Challenge  Fourth Challenge Third Challenge Second Challenge First Challenge  My Long List of Goals 

Level 5

1%
1%

â€œAnd the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom†-- Anaïs Nin

Website      Instagram 

Last week I finished the whole30 and I lost 11 lbs. I also felt so much better. The last 3 days I have eaten a lot of sugar/things I had been craving. I wasn't going to, but a friend of mine wanted to celebrate by taking me out to eat a ton of stuff. Then I spiraled a bit. I tried to start Saturday and Sunday with a whole30 breakfast and I had planned on eating healthy the rest of the day, but I caved. Mostly because I still had s'moreos.  I noticed milk really causes irritation in my throat. and sugar gives me mild headaches. Not to mention, puffy face. 

I have decided for my diet I will do mostly paleo. I am going to allow myself goat cheese and sour cream. I want to continue the no treat mentality of whole30. I had a really good time with paleo on my first full challenge. I may or may not reserve some meals for eating with my family. If I stay in Illinois and help my Uncle's build a deck, I don't want to miss out on eating with them. Not because I want the food, but because we do meals like a bonding experience. I will make healthier choices when available though. It may not even be necessary. I just know I missed out on a few things for the whole30 and it made me sad. If I follow 80/20 then I'll be happy. 

Today, except for some coffee from Starbucks (I have to drive over an hour both ways for a doctor appt and I had 3 hours of sleep last night), I am going to follow the diet. I do have goat cheese in store for some stuffed mini peppers with roast beef for lunch and probably a grilled chicken salad for dinner. I'm excited for my food though and I think that is the most important thing to keep me going with a diet. 

As for exercising, starting tomorrow, I'm doing yogalosophy.  28 days of daily yoga. I hope after that my back will be up for some running.  I may also be putting in the aforementioned deck or digging holes/trenches for my Uncle. 

Pray/Meditate every day for at least 10 minutes total.  I just read something that said praying is asking and meditating is listening. I'm going to pray in the morning and meditate at night. 

• Like 1

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

Hey,

thats great news!

80/20 is really good as Long as you Keep track on the 20ies. If I don't I have a 20% meal every single time within weeks.

But it is a great help to eat the best possible without making big social compromises.

I go to the canteen with my coworkes also 90% of the meals contain gluten. But I always choose something where ist just the Sauce and leave meast of it. No one ever asks...

Have you taken before and after Fotos of your face?

For me it makes a lot of a difference to see what bad Food will do to me. ;)

Have agreat start into week 2

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."