Hello Fellow Rebels!

I'm starting from scratch.  The last few challenges I've to structure "just so" and failed.  Well, I've learned from those failures; I've learned that I need to be simple.  What does that mean?  It means that I'm focusing on one thing and trying not to get sidetracked.  

The One Thing?  Running.

I signed up for the Philadelphia Rock 'n Roll Half-Marathon this year.  I ran that same half-marathon two years ago on a broken foot (suffered at mile 3) and I want to do it again - just not with the broken foot.

I need to stick to my schedule.

So, shortly, I'm going to post my schedule here and, I'm hoping, you guys will hold me accountable.  

FOR THE REBELLION!

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

"Remember - I'm still the king of the Seven Seas!  And if I wish I can command all the creatures of the sea to attack you - at once!"

Ok yeah, putting my finishing touches on my training plan.  Haven't been able to start because first week of summer has been juggling kids, my Mom and a client audit.  But Thursday, it's on!

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

"Remember - I'm still the king of the Seven Seas!  And if I wish I can command all the creatures of the sea to attack you - at once!"

Ok, training plan done, but I need to put it on dropbox and get the link for here.

Today, I ran 3.23 miles with a time of 34:01 (that included 10 minutes of walking for warm-ups and cool-downs).  I'm just going to get better!  And I'm feeling very in shape for the upcoming 5k series my wife and I are signing up for!

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

So I'm having a difficult time right now. Working on coming off one of my anxiety meds and this weekend and beginning of the week have been rough. My anxiety is constant and seems to spike at the smallest things.

We spent our first night in the new house last night. I was supposed to get up and run this morning but I didn't think to ask my wife to grab my running gear. No run in the morning. Tonight I started to get all excited about running tomorrow morning but anxiety started to spike. I had to choose between taking emergency meds or getting up and running tomorrow morning. (Now there are other factors like if I don't take my meds then I don't sleep and then have a panic attack and then are too exhausted from that to get up in the morning. But if I take the meds then I need to make sure to sleep it off otherwise I wake up feeling groggy which leads me to consume too much caffeine in the morning). Basically, I just don't like making choices like that.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4