• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

thist514

Caitlin's Quest to be the Best Caitlin

So I'm already thinking about the next challenge!  I know we're suppose to have a week off, but I want to get my head wrapped around this next challenge soon.  I'm going to GenCon during our week off and I wont be thinking about fitness so I want my plan in place.  Time to put on my thinking cap!

Twilight_Sparkle_thinking_S4E18.png

After this challenge I'm at a loss for what I want to do for the next one.  I know I want a "work-out" based goal but since my push-up goal was such a flop I'm affraid to set a new one.  I am going to keep with the sleep challenge but change it to "in bed by 11 up by 7 M-F".  I can't think of a nutrition one that I want to set.  I will be starting school again the first week of Sept so I'm thinking about using this as a dress rehersal.  Maybe something like "do all my cooking on Sunday" or something.  Sort of like what Staci does with her food.  I'm not sure.

Tentatively this is where I'm at

Fitness: Unknown

Nutrion:  Cook all my food on Sunday

Mental: M-F up by 7a in bed by 11p

Life: Do 300 repacks weekly and put the money towards my student loans

So if you guys could help me with a fitness goal that would be awesome!  Just throw ideas at me, things that have worked for you or worked for people you know. 

TIA!

• Like 2

Hi, Caitlin. 

My focus both last challenge and this one was on push ups.  If that is still something that you are interested in, may I suggest doing incline push ups on a staircase?  In this 6 wk challenge, I went from doing 2 floor push ups to (so far) 19 floor push ups.  If you are interested, here is what I did:

During my recruit challenge, I began doing 2 sets of 16 on an incline - for me, the only way that I could get through a set was by putting my toes on the floor and my hands on the 4th step of my staircase.  I started moving down steps as soon as I felt able - even for just one or two - I tried to do at least one more push up on a lower step each workout, but I wasn't too harsh about it, so I made progress every week, and usually every workout. 

This challenge, I could do 2 push ups on the floor, the rest were on a step.  I switched up to 3 sets of 16, with the push ups on the lowest step that I could do and still maintain good form.  I can *almost* do 2 full sets of 16 on the floor (my max is 19 so far - I am hoping to break 20 in one set tomorrow, though!).  The details of my progression are in my assassins challenge link in my signature, in case you are curious. 

I think that this method helped me for a few reasons:

1.  My body got accustomed to doing the movement in plank position, as opposed to knee

2.  I did 48 push ups every single workout - whether on the floor, the first step, the second step, or the 4th step. 

3.  Doing those last reps when tired on a higher step helped me maintain good form - I could feel the muscles working, as opposed to that floppy feeling I sometimes get when tired

4.  I LOVE doing push ups, now.  Crazy, right? 

Push ups aren't the only fitness focus, if you want to leave them for a challenge and come back later, what other skill would you like to improve? 

• Like 2

Thanks Emerald_Dragonfly!  That's an awesome way of looking at them!  I choose push-ups in the first place because I was on the verging of unmodifying (or so I thought!).  I want to work towards aeril arts so I think I'm going to talk to some of the assassins to see what movements I should be focusing on.  I think my lack of actually wanting to get better at pushups was a big part of my unmotivation :)

• Like 1

I joined in the assassin's mini this week (hunt the horcruxes) and we used darebee - it's a no equipment visual workout program.  these are the moves the assassins have been doing all week (not aerial moves per say but definitely assassin moves.  they might even get you closer to aerial)!  some of the workouts in the mini-challenge included foundation light, gravity, spartan trials...  you might want to check it out to try as a fitness goal for your next challenge.

• Like 3

I'm going to be reevaluating my fitness goals for next challenge too - that darebee program that @mom2sjm linked looked pretty cool!  For this challenge I focused on getting a certain number of workouts done each week, whether walking, biking, ST, yoga, etc.  I liked the flexibility, but didn't feel like I was really progressing.  So that's something to keep in mind, picking a goal where you can see progress by the end of the challenge.  

Have fun at GenCon - I'm so jealous that you're going!  A friend of mine goes every year and it looks amazing!

• Like 1

Thanks Guys!  I am going to be doing the Ab Program for the next challenge. 

And Thanks athousandwords!  I'm excited about GenCon!  This will be my first year.  I'm a bit overwhelmed, not gonna lie!

Sorry this is late!  I'm prepping to go to GenCon and my life has become insane!!

Welp!  WE DID IT!! 

635578387359954719-734095474_screen-shot

So no matter what happened in these last 6 weeks, the big take away is that we did it.  I was here every week with you guys holding me accountable and pushing through the struggles. 

Here's how I landed!

Major Quest - Lost 12.4lbs over the course of this challenge (Nice!)

giphy.gif

Nutrition - Drank 80 oz of water 36/42 days (A)

Sleep - 35/42 Days (A)

Push-ups - I managed 3 regular pushups at one point during this challenge (F)

Life - 5/6 This one I modified half way through (B)

I also completed each of the mini challenges in both campus tours and the assassin initiates :)  So I get +1 Wis, +1 Con, +1 Char and +1 Str (I did research on pushups) for those mini challenges.  For the 5 points that I get to allocate I will give myself 4/5 points (I passed 4/5 challenges).  For weight loss I will give myself +1 Dex, For Nutrition I will give myself +1 Con, for sleep I will give myself +1 sta, nothing for pushups and for life I will give myself +1 Cha.  So all in all +1 Wis, +2 Con, +2 Con, +2 Char, +1 Str, +1 Dex and +1 Sta.

I've already posted my next challenge so I would love it if you guys joined me on that challenge.  I also started a battle log so feel free to tag along on that adventure as well :)

• Like 3