• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Odango

Stick to the Essentials!

Still alive.

Week 2 and Week 3

Meds:  100% Week 2 and 0% week 3. I took a break because the dose gave me various painful issues.

Good Food:  50%  started off okay, then I was really under the weather and ate terrible foods, and by the end of week 3 I was eating really well.

Daily Activity:  50%

No Alcohol:  50%  One glass on week 3

---------------------------

Week 4

Meds:  2/3  Started off again yesterday.

Good Food:  3/3  My 14 year old half sister is visiting, I feel that I have this huge responsibility to feed a kid, so I'm cooking like a crazy health mama xD

vegetables-dance-o.gif

Daily Activity:  3/3

No Alcohol:  3/3

• Like 1

YAY!!!  YOU STILL LIVE!!!

HarleyIvyHighFive.gif

Starting off Week 4 strong and looks like you're back on track despite the sickness!  Sickness is just blah and I'm happy you're feeling better! :D

• Like 1

WEEK 4 - DAY 4

Meds:  2/4.

Good Food:  4/4

Daily Activity:  4/4

No Alcohol:  4/4

Forgot my medicine today. Bad Nol! Everything else was great. Dinner was entirely paleo :D

Also, I've started this Journey to the Splits , there's no way I'll be able to do them after 30 days but a little more flexibility would be great!

Eek, don't forget to take the medicine! That's just necessary!

And yes, flexibility is good. Just make sure you can function in those ranges that you reach and you should be fine. :)

WEEK 4 - DAY 6

Meds:  4/6.

Good Food:  5/6  Today was sort of a cheat day, we had a Gilmore style movie night - only with cereals and milk though - it was a lot of fun

anigif_enhanced-17559-1410462918-16.gif

Daily Activity:  6/6

No Alcohol:  6/6

YAY!!!  YOU STILL LIVE!!!

HarleyIvyHighFive.gif

Starting off Week 4 strong and looks like you're back on track despite the sickness!  Sickness is just blah and I'm happy you're feeling better! :D

Tezzz :D

giphy.gif

Eek, don't forget to take the medicine! That's just necessary!

And yes, flexibility is good. Just make sure you can function in those ranges that you reach and you should be fine. :)

Thanks for the discipline!

What do you mean about being able to "function in those ranges"? I'm beginning to freak out that I'm doing something bad... xD

A hug for you too Kishiii!

tumblr_inline_mjcm0ktYEb1qz4rgp.gif

• Like 1

Well, what I mean is, it's entirely possible to be loose enough to achieve a certain range of motion without being able to express strength in that range of motion. Like being a contortionist or something, you know? Like, you want to be loose, but at the same time you want to be able to generate tension in those places.

Just, you know, for function's sake.

• Like 1

Well, what I mean is, it's entirely possible to be loose enough to achieve a certain range of motion without being able to express strength in that range of motion. Like being a contortionist or something, you know? Like, you want to be loose, but at the same time you want to be able to generate tension in those places.

Just, you know, for function's sake.

Aaaah, well, I think that I have quite a lot of space in that sense, because I often find that my lack of flexibility prevents me from doing movements the way I would like (and the way they should be done).

I'm doing a lot of dancing now so I think that should work well together :)

THANK YOU for the great advice as always!

• Like 1

WEEK 4

Congratulations-Zooey.gif

Meds:  5/7  Back on track. One iron pill per day seems to be working well for me, no pain at all :D

Good Food:  6/7  SO. MANY. VEGGIES. loads of variety in protein sources too.

Daily Activity:  7/7  Wasn't crazy, but I kept my butt moving everyday.

No Alcohol:  7/7  Total Sobriety!

Not too bad! Despite anemia being far from resolved and stupid periods, I feel good after such a healthy week.

On to week 5!!

• Like 2

Very awesome week 4!!  Nice on all accounts, especially the total sobriety!  That's impressive :D.  Glad that the iron pill is working and you're not feeling pain too!!  HUZZAH!!

High-five-8.gif

Stone-cold sober! I like it!

What an awesome week, and especially given that that's a weak week for most of us. Killer job!

Week 5 - Day 3

Meds:  3/3 

Good Food:  2/3 

Daily Activity:  2/3

No Alcohol:  3/3

So yesterday, I ate pretty lazily and didn't do any sport because I was feeling exhausted.

Today is starting well, and we've got sushi planned for dinner so I'll get my fill of healthy proteins!

• Like 2

WEEK 5

Meds:  7/7

Good Food:  5/7

Daily Acitivity:  6/7

No Alcohol:  7/7

Not too bad for this week either! I gave in to cravings twice, but it wasn't too crazy.

I did eat a little too much of everything generally, and I think I've gained a little bit. Hopefully I can change that with a good week 6.

----------------------------------------

Although I started out with a terrible Monday.

I was out from 8am to 1am, skipped breakfast because i wasn't hungry which means I couldn't take my iron. And I had a couple of drinks with friends in the evening...

giphy.gif

Meds: 0/1

Good Food: 0/1

Daily Activity:  1/1

No Alcohol:  0/1

X8vihl6.gif

Yep... But never two days in a row! Yay for Tuesday!!!

• Like 1

Fish and rice and everything nice. :D Have fun!

Thanks! It was great! Sushi is so satisfying :D

Yay for protein! Keep up the great work!

Thank you Meg!! :D  Totally did not keep it up, haha! But today is a new day!

Meh, it's Monday and at least you made it a fun Monday with some friends :D.  Like you said, time to go out strong!  WOO!

Eh. It's never about how you start. It's about how you finish. It seems like you did well on that. :)

Thanks guys! You're the best!! :D

WEEK 6 - DAY 6

Meds: 5/6

Good Food: 4/6

Daily Activity:  5/6

No Alcohol:  5/6

Phew, I managed to maintain sort of a balance this week, even though I continued eating sweet things. I got dark chocolate hagelslag and dark chocolate paste (dairy free nutella basically) from the Netherlands, so it was hard to resist. I binged once, but ate super well around it.

I've been feeling really tired and on my physical limit. I hate being out of breath and feeling muscle ache just from walking to work, it's so frustrating.

I'm trying to think of ways to introduce more iron in my diet, both to get my anemia under control faster and to make durable dietary changes so that it doesn't happen again.

• Like 1

This dark chocolate paste sounds amazing. 

Sorry I've been so absent this round. You've done fantastic though, you really have! I know the struggle well and you're definitely killing it,

As for iron... lots of dark green veggies. Also, a number of dried fruits have high iron. I know the sugar and calories are high, but it may be something to look into. Peaches and figs come to mind.

I googled a basic list for you.

• Like 1

CHALLENGE SIX - Some thoughts that arose.

I've been stuck for a while now and even though I usually complete my challenges pretty okay, it's never perfect and I always end up feeling that I'm mediocre.

It's been almost a year since I started on NF and I don't see much improvement.

1. My health and fitness levels are cyclic. My hypothyroidism really affects my physical and mental strength, it seems that it's what causes my anemia as well, and it's the major reason why I feel that I'm not improving. I get better, then lose all energy because my iron levels drop/my thyroid activity decreases/I've eaten dairy (my own fault in that case) and I deteriorate, then I get a little better again, etc.

I feel that I have built a sense of hopelessness throughout the challenges because it forced me to see that my goals aren't getting more intense or harder and that my physical condition isn't improving.

2. I don't have a long term Quest. I don't really know what I want to achieve. Or maybe I want EVERYTHING.

I want to be strong and thin, I want to be healthy, pretty, dance like a star and practice Kung Fu like a champ... I want inner strength and things that matter, and I also dream of kicking ass and looking like a goddess and all that basic superficial stuff.

I know that health is the basis and that without it I can't really have any of the above but just health as a goal really doesn't motivate me AT ALL. If I think of a challenge just focused on health (pretty much like this challenge) it's quite boring and a little depressing...

I strive to complete my goals because I feel that I should, but throughout the past three challenges I've been seeing clearly that I miss/lack that long term vision. It all feels a little meaningless and it makes me feel meaningless as well at times.

I'll try to "think out loud" on my battle log and maybe I'll figure it out.

3. One major thing that all the people who are going through/have had great transformations share is macro and calorie counting. And I CANNOT do that.

I get obsessive and start binging, it makes me miserable, I become hyper conscious of food and of the act of eating itself. It doesn't work at all.

And I have no solution for that. Can I clean my diet, sustain my health and build strength without monitoring food?

4. I suck at training by myself.

I've found out that if I train in a class or with a group in order to achieve something specific (a performance for example), that's when I really push my limits and it's not even that hard mentally.

I can't reproduce this at home and it makes me feel like a failure, which really doesn't help with the whole eating, health, etc.

Solution seems to be: keep up with dancing for the musical I'm in. Scrimp and save as much as possible to pay for classes. Which classes is the question. I've had an itch to go back to Kung Fu classes for a while now, so I think that'll be where my money goes. Might be more efficient for get a gym membership and lift? But then again, what are my goals??

So that's where I am right now. Hopefully I'll have a breakthrough soonish, this sucks.

I've put Momoclo and especially MCZ Vs KISS on repeat. It helps with feeling all meh ^_^

tumblr_nhjt4jdpbA1rb1rgoo3_1280.gif