• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Odango

Stick to the Essentials!

This dark chocolate paste sounds amazing. 

Sorry I've been so absent this round. You've done fantastic though, you really have! I know the struggle well and you're definitely killing it,

As for iron... lots of dark green veggies. Also, a number of dried fruits have high iron. I know the sugar and calories are high, but it may be something to look into. Peaches and figs come to mind.

I googled a basic list for you.

Thank you so much my lovely Shulkie!  This helps, I guess I need to make dark green veggies a daily staple (they're also my favourites so I guess I should listen to my taste buds ^_^)

I've also been really absent. The past challenges have all been hard.

I'm replying to your last post right now!! HUG!

Go to martial arts classes, and do bodyweight workouts for lifting.  Gyms are great, but lifting isn't the sort of communal atmosphere you want right now.  Heck, even if your weight training is just banging out a few pushups before class, that seems like a win over going to the gym, struggling to lift on your own, and not having classes.

• Like 2

Another good source of iron for women is red meat. Ground beef, lamb, steak... mostly steak. Only bad steak is a mistake - a missed-steak, if you will. :D

But yeah, you definitely touch on some things that Fearless Leader touches on as well. Remember, these are our guiding principles:

1. Diet is 80-90% of the battle.
  2. Find a way to move that you enjoy.
  3. Get strong.

So let's take this and apply it to you.

• You mention that your dietary/health woes are threefold (iron deficiency/dairy/thyroid). Of those three, you can control two of those with food and supplementation. I'm not sure how you'd address the thyroid without some medication of some kind, but if you got a way to level it out, I'm sure that would take you off the cycle and give you room to build something.
  • You know yourself well enough to know that a class environment helps you to move and enjoy yourself. You mention that money is an issue, so, for the sake of your own happiness, it makes sense to invest in dance/Kung Fu.
  • As to getting strong, you don't need a gym for that. :)

Also, not everyone gets the way they are through rigid adherence to macro-cycling. See Neghar Fonooni and Nia Shanks for that.

And... yeah.

Anyway, sounds like you learned a lot about what doesn't work for you. Congratulations! Now apply what you've learned.

• Like 2

I can't add much more to what sarakingdom and the sagely Kishi offered.  You have learned a lot and laid out your thoughts and challenges  as well as some ways to work around your challenge.  This is all good.

When it comes to cleaning up your diet; I think, from what I read, that you have been cleaning up slowly and surely, particular with alcohol.  I don't think that tracking is the end all be all; making substitutes and following through with that also helps greatly towards having a better diet overall. 

Good luck dear Nol.  We're following you along watching you grow and you are definitely growing by learning.  That's awesome :)

• Like 1

Go to martial arts classes, and do bodyweight workouts for lifting.  Gyms are great, but lifting isn't the sort of communal atmosphere you want right now.  Heck, even if your weight training is just banging out a few pushups before class, that seems like a win over going to the gym, struggling to lift on your own, and not having classes.

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to give me advice :D

I think you're totally right, it'll pay off to invest in classes where I can be motivated by others. Hopefully I can attend a few classes in August!

Another good source of iron for women is red meat. Ground beef, lamb, steak... mostly steak. Only bad steak is a mistake - a missed-steak, if you will. :D

But yeah, you definitely touch on some things that Fearless Leader touches on as well. Remember, these are our guiding principles:

1. Diet is 80-90% of the battle.
  2. Find a way to move that you enjoy.
  3. Get strong.

So let's take this and apply it to you.

• You mention that your dietary/health woes are threefold (iron deficiency/dairy/thyroid). Of those three, you can control two of those with food and supplementation. I'm not sure how you'd address the thyroid without some medication of some kind, but if you got a way to level it out, I'm sure that would take you off the cycle and give you room to build something.
  • You know yourself well enough to know that a class environment helps you to move and enjoy yourself. You mention that money is an issue, so, for the sake of your own happiness, it makes sense to invest in dance/Kung Fu.
  • As to getting strong, you don't need a gym for that. :)

Also, not everyone gets the way they are through rigid adherence to macro-cycling. See Neghar Fonooni and Nia Shanks for that.

And... yeah.

Anyway, sounds like you learned a lot about what doesn't work for you. Congratulations! Now apply what you've learned.

That pun!

2c040257d480187f9205c3d0b1141cc9.jpg

It helped a lot to write all of these thoughts, it cleared up my mind.

Thank you for the motivational kick in the butt! I think I need it (and classes give that to me ^_^)

I've started to change my diet, and I'm eating a lot of extra red meat. Feels so good!

The rest should hopefully take shape during next challenge. Not sure how much money I'll be able to spare, I'm going for one class per week to start with.

I can't add much more to what sarakingdom and the sagely Kishi offered.  You have learned a lot and laid out your thoughts and challenges  as well as some ways to work around your challenge.  This is all good.

When it comes to cleaning up your diet; I think, from what I read, that you have been cleaning up slowly and surely, particular with alcohol.  I don't think that tracking is the end all be all; making substitutes and following through with that also helps greatly towards having a better diet overall. 

Good luck dear Nol.  We're following you along watching you grow and you are definitely growing by learning.  That's awesome :)

Thank you Tez <3

I'm quite positive for the next months, I think the only thing that I really have to work on is creating this vision for my future health and fitness. I usually don't feel intrinsically engaged with fitness goals and I want this to change!

• Like 1

WEEK 6

idiom_better_late_than_never.jpg?w=560

Meds: 7/7

Good Food: 5/7

Daily Activity:  6/7

No Alcohol:  6/7

----------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGE SCORE

Meds: 33/42   80%

Good Food: 31/42   74%

Daily Activity:  31/42   74%

No Alcohol:  40/42   95%

All in all, these scores are quite alright.

I'm not sure I've got the stamina to have perfect scores everywhere, six weeks is a long time ^_^

• Like 1