Penguin mode activated

Mr Blint

Hey guys !!

FIrst thing first : Exams are a success ! :D I'll be a doctor !! ;) (ok maybe in 10years+ but i'll be a doctor ^^)

mr_bean_exam-117972.gif

With that said let's dive into penguin mode :

But, why penguin ? Well for those who followed me during my last challenge it's no secret that my wrists are not really usable right now (tendinosis LVL99 on both). So i'll try to keep moving without using them too much. Wich mean no (or barely) upper body work and lots of mobility.

1) Penguin slide his way to recovery :

tumblr_mxa7k1oGxF1t2sz0ro1_500.gif

Each day i shall meditate twice : 2 sessions of 10min. One without any "gadget". The other with "headspace" that i'm currently testing.

I shall also use contrasted bath on my wrists so that they can heal quickly.

Add to that a minimum of 15min outside to get a minimum of vitD.

Joker : I won't be everyday at home so when i'm not there i'll just have to do 1 meditation session and spend 15min outside.

2) The famous 6-pack penguin

muscular-penguin-md.png

You tought that sliding everywhere and walking with a permanent posterior pevic tilt was easy ? Think again bro you need to train a lot for those !!

So every Monday, Wednesday and Friday i'll do a core routine.

I've got several goals :

# 60s hollow body hold-> 60s superman hold-> 60r hollow body rock -> 60r superman rock *3 without rest

# I've also been inspired by this man :http://www.medicaldaily.com/pulse/former-marine-george-hood-breaks-world-record-after-holding-plank-more-5-hours-335898 so i'll train up to a 20min plank. (sorry for not going for the record right now)

NOTE : These won't make my abs more visible i know this, we're talking here about a challenge and a mental training, during such training the mind wants to stop every secs and you have to push it.

3) How about leg day ?

tumblr_mffj8nkeRe1rj1geeo1_500.gif

On Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, my legs shall be on fire.

My main focus will be on the pistol squat wich is my goal by the end of the challenge, along with the shrimp squat.

So here is the program for each session :

- Scales

- Pistol work

- Shrimp squat progressions

- Body rows (depends of the feeling, sometimes i feel that my quadriceps is the only part working so i add those)

- HIIT (or not, depends of the feeling of the day, because conditionning is not my focus for now)

4) Story of a stiff ankle and tight hips

Having goals is cool, reaching them is better.

The fact is : you can have the strenght if you don't have the mobility you're just going to get stuck.

So my mobility work will be focused on the lower body :

Every day : limbering with Kit Laughlin stuff : https://vimeo.com/ondemand/mts

On Monday, Thursday : Focused Flexibility from GMB

On Tuesday, Friday : Contract relax from the same serie as above.

5) How about that 7 hours spent sitting ?

After every half-hour spent sitting i shall do the following sequence :

- 5 wall angels

- 5 glute contraction

- 5 squats

- 5 shoulders rotations

- 5 shoulders dislocations

And because Steve give us some great insights that we should use : I'll squat, stand or do my wrists's contrasted baths each time i'll watch a video or a film.

• Like 3

LVL 2          Vampire       

" It's about the journey."

"When ? Now. Where ? Here. Who ? Us."

Rock Solid Penguin challenge

My last challenge

There we go!!! Way to adapt to the situation and make the best of it mate!

I love the Mr. Bean gif haha! I have to rewatch that sketch now!

And of course, congrats on the successful exams! :)

• Like 1

Level: 3 - Assassin || STR: 4 | DEX: 9 | STA: 0 | CON: 7 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 9

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge - The Verdict

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.†- Friedrich Nietzsche 

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Samuel Johnson

There we go!!! Way to adapt to the situation and make the best of it mate!

I love the Mr. Bean gif haha! I have to rewatch that sketch now!

And of course, congrats on the successful exams! :)

Thanks ! I don't even know if i've seen this sketch but the gif is just too hilarious ;)

Good luck on your challenge, and congratulations on passing your exams!

There have been a couple of medical students on the boards (3 i can think of off the top of my head), but none of them are active right now.

What country are you going to be a doctor in? (If you don't mind me asking on a public forum :))

Thanks Yuen ;) I study in france so i'll stay there for a while for sure. With that said i wouldn't mind to go in other countries !

LVL 2          Vampire       

My last challenge

So first day, everything is cool so far !

1st session was core work :

15sec/rep following the 60s hollow body hold-> 60s superman hold-> 60r hollow body rock -> 60r superman rock *3 without rest schema

here's a video if you don't see what i'm talking about :

https://youtu.be/w0KCkoHnrVQ

and 4*5min plank, i'll change a bit this one so that i can work all the core's muscles : i'll do the 4 possible sides of the plank switching for a total of 20min.

• Like 1

LVL 2          Vampire       

My last challenge

you are epic inspiration, as per usual.

Congrats on your exams and way to go on turning an obstacle into many a woot to come!

In for the ride

tumblr_mid8kbH44j1rw3bsro1_400.gif

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

you are epic inspiration, as per usual.

Congrats on your exams and way to go on turning an obstacle into many a woot to come!

In for the ride

tumblr_mid8kbH44j1rw3bsro1_400.gif

Contrasted bath done : i'm getting used to really hot water, cool side effect of this part of the challenge !! It's quite funny to see that you don't feel any burning sensation if you don't move your fingers... ^^

Today session felt great even if i didn't have a snack in the afternoon (wich is, like every snack for me, a meal for the person lambda :tongue:) and felt very hungry for the whole session.

- Soleus stretch

- 3*3 pistol with no weight but support for the lower part

- 3*3 pisol with weight in the hands (felt relly great) i just used 2 little books, i may nail those faster than expected !

- 4*3 shrimp squat : different versions, barely did the "normal" one but the form was horrible

- 3*5 pistol with assistance on the wall at the bottom, those are brutal !!

- 5 body rows with about 130° angle at the hips, got 2 cramps inside of my feet so i stopped there

More stretch incoming !

See you tomorrow ! ;)

• Like 1

LVL 2          Vampire       

My last challenge

Nice! I do contrast baths occasionally as-well. Being a true viking and all :playful:, I actually love the cold water and absolutely hate the hot haha! 

I found that I perform better when I don't eat before a session actually, or eat very light. I use to do the whole 6 meals a day shit, but the last couple of months I've been eating very light (that's by my standards, haha) for breakfast and lunch, then going ballz to the wall all out for dinner! I love this approach because I can enjoy tons of food when I'm done with the day and can just relax (and recover)!

Keep it up! :rolleyes-new:

Current Challenge

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.†- Friedrich Nietzsche 

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Samuel Johnson

contrast baths are soooooo yummy - I love both parts, hot and cold, but most of all the tingling afterwards :)

From what I have heard the food thing really varies from person to person, for some 5-6 meals a day work best and for other 2 big ones are much better instead, some need big breakfast and little at night, others can do with little in the morning and big meal at night... it's great if you find your personal favorite! And of course, big difference will be in what is contained in those meals...

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Amen to that! It's just a matter of finding what works best for you! There's no right way, one have to experiment and find what works best for them! :rolleyes-new:

• Like 1

Current Challenge

contrast baths are soooooo yummy - I love both parts, hot and cold, but most of all the tingling afterwards :)

From what I have heard the food thing really varies from person to person, for some 5-6 meals a day work best and for other 2 big ones are much better instead, some need big breakfast and little at night, others can do with little in the morning and big meal at night... it's great if you find your personal favorite! And of course, big difference will be in what is contained in those meals...

Amen to that! It's just a matter of finding what works best for you! There's no right way, one have to experiment and find what works best for them! :rolleyes-new:

Completely right for sure ! Fow now the only rule i try to follow is to get some protein with my first meal of the day, other way i feel just horrible for the whole morning ! In my opinion what you eat is far more important than when you eat, or how many meals you take.

• Like 1

LVL 2          Vampire       

My last challenge

So yesterday went quite well even if my core is getting tired quite quickly. Quick session today not as good as the first for the pistols but i added some jumps at the end. Not sure if i'll train the next days or not since i'm at paris for the week end. I'll keep you posted !

• Like 1

LVL 2          Vampire       

My last challenge

The core is the core to everything maaaen!

Have a blast in Paris:)!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Awesome to hear man!

Transmute this energy for your practices, hehe!  :rapture:  :pride:  :playful:

Current Challenge