Hufflepuff Common Room

Hazard

With the rule change beaters will offset the chasers a bit more.  Seekers may prove to be more valuable this time depending on how defensive the other team is.

I signed up for beater and chaser again this weekend. My goal is to at least do more reps than last weekend :)

On the other hand i would say the seeker is farther crippled. Now it only takes 750 JJ's or 450 Burpees (or a combination of those) to counter the points for the snitch. Tox did 6000 seconds of work for the snitch last match. Putting those on the scale i would take the 750 JJ's anytime!

And i think your goal is most admirable!!!

I'm busy with family shenanigans like all day on Saturday, so I probably won't be of much use. But I'll put myself down for Seeker, just in case it's something I can do here and there while I'm with the fam. Not sure if I should do Beater or Keeper too (just in case I can do a few triangles on Sunday when I'm home and not with family)...

I'm busy all weekend! That's why i'm gonna sign up for seeker and maybe get lucky with the excercise and the ability to do that while having an awefully busy (but very very fun) schedule for the weekend. Since it's gonna be a quite busy social weekend the problem with the excercises is the room i have to do them. I'm thinking for second position as beater, but there are probably gonna be better beaters (who can put out more numbers than i can) but we'll see. I just know doing broad jumps this weekend is gonna be almost impossible and since there can be only one keeper i'm guessing there is gonna be someone who can do more JJ's this weekend than me.

Keeper or seeker? I've already thrown my name in for chaser (broad jumps) what other position do you guys want me trying to kill this weekend?

Now it's not my meaning to offend anyone or trying to be the captain or anything, i'm just venting what IMHO is the best strategic thing to do. Always base your own choices on having the most fun!

I think it would be best for anybody to pick one position and maximize that. On top of that it would be best if all positions (3 chasers, 2 beaters, 1 keeper) are filled by people who can excel at that particular excercise.

But if you want to strike fear into the heart of the opponent i would say sign up as a beater. That way someone can do dedicated keeperwork and you could join a top beater if you feel like you have to mix up your broad jumps.

Some info about our opponent team players:

Tox: He doesnt need introduction'. We all know what he is capable of... He signed in for Chaser and Seeker

Erosan: Last match he put up 2500 JJ's as keeper. This was way before of the end of the game (at least 7-8 hours in advance) so he is capable of doing more. Also he called me out last weekend, so i think he is gonna put up some big numbers, I'm guessing he is gonna be keeper again.

KylieWyotie: He is also capable of putting up huge numbers, i saw that in the GoT mini. Also the previous game he did 1100 burpees. I'm guessing he is gonna be beater again. Previous game he was beater/keeper, but as keeper he didnt do any JJ's, since Erosan did so many.

Hazard: Allthough he didn't had huge numbers last time, in the GoT mini he put up some huge numbers. He was beater last game.

I'm guessing were up against this:

Chaser: Tox / ??? / ???

Beater: KylieWyotie / Hazard

Keeper: Erosan

Seeker: Tox

Translated badly from dutch, "we can make our breast wet"... ;)

And the last thing i want to say about the next game, is that i feel like i'm letting you guys down, by not being able to participate in the level i would like to. I checked my schedule again, the only window i have is saturday from the end of the morning till, halfway the afternoon. After that it's party time. Family BBQ followed by the first party at the local fair. Sunday it's picking up the kids and going to the first party (friend of ours) after that, party of my Mother in Law, and after that 90's party at the local fair. By the time that starts the Quidditch game will be over...

So i'm not complaining, but i do feel like i'm letting you guys down. Hopefully i can be of assistance with the snitch!

Edit: now waiting for Tox to like this message :P;)

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

It's my anniversary weekend. Sunday it's just me and the hubby celebrating our 1 year. I plan on doing fitness throughout the weekend (I want to go zip lining and rock wall climbing for our day).

So I have signed up as Chaser/Keeper.

1- I find I can do MORE exercises if I do different ones. How that works, not entirely sure, but I'm going to make it work for me...

2- Expect big numbers. There is a bottle of champagne waiting for me at the finish line of this weekend. And maybe an epic cheat meal, not too sure on that part.

3- practicing borad jumps is REALLY good for me because come Oct when I run the PARE, I'll be doing a 5 foot jump to clear anyways so....

4- jumping jacks are my jam.

5- I have cell connection all weekend long so I'll be updating constantly.

• Like 3

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

On the other hand i would say the seeker is farther crippled. Now it only takes 750 JJ's or 450 Burpees (or a combination of those) to counter the points for the snitch. Tox did 6000 seconds of work for the snitch last match. Putting those on the scale i would take the 750 JJ's anytime!

The reason seeker has a shot is it can't be negated by defensive play.  Beater and keeper can only negate activity of the chasers.  If Erosan does a million jumping jacks, we could win the seeker challenge and still get 150 points :)

Very old battle log
Previous Challenges: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Previous Mini Challenges: 2, 1

Assassin: Extremely competitive, tends to bust out bodyweight exercises when faced with waiting in hiding, and loves a good team vs team faceoff.  - Alexandrite

You are right about that. But at the end of the game the winning team is the one with the highest total number of Quidditch points.

So theoretically you can't block the snitch-quidditch-points. But doing enough JJ's or Burpees will result in the same amount countered Quaffle score attempts, which result in the same countered quidditch point.

Did i explain that well enough? (language problem here) ;)

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

I think for me the "language problem" is that you're speaking math ;)

Strategy and mathing aside, I'm going to join up as a beater this time around. I just confirmed that I can do burpees without getting nauseous, so I can at least try to help. I do have some stuff going on this weekend which may limit my free time, but I can at least try to contribute. And since it looks like our two current seekers are in the 'I'll do it if I get lucky' boat, I'll jot my name down there too so we can have a little more coverage (and maybe it'll be something I can do! One can always hope :)

• Like 2

As a side note, I feel like they're being sneaky snakes by not filling out their roster ahead of time :tongue:

Unless no one from their team can compete this weekend :)

Very old battle log

Assassin: Extremely competitive, tends to bust out bodyweight exercises when faced with waiting in hiding, and loves a good team vs team faceoff.  - Alexandrite

You are right about that. But at the end of the game the winning team is the one with the highest total number of Quidditch points.

So theoretically you can't block the snitch-quidditch-points. But doing enough JJ's or Burpees will result in the same amount countered Quaffle score attempts, which result in the same countered quidditch point.

True, tons of reps as chaser equals tons of points, while tons of reps as seeker equals maybe 150 points.  So really it comes down to whether we have at least 7 people participating this weekend.  If so, might as well get someone going after the seeker spot.

• Like 1

Very old battle log

Woo, Huffles, remember when I said I'd make up for the points we lost when I changed my initial AMRAPs for Charms? Totally made it up today. 

As for Quidditch things, I'm signed up for Seeker/Keeper again in the off chance I can actually contribute to the mini. This upcoming weekend will be less chaotic than last, at the very least, so hopefully I'll be able to! 

• Like 3

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Woo, Huffles, remember when I said I'd make up for the points we lost when I changed my initial AMRAPs for Charms? Totally made it up today. 

As for Quidditch things, I'm signed up for Seeker/Keeper again in the off chance I can actually contribute to the mini. This upcoming weekend will be less chaotic than last, at the very least, so hopefully I'll be able to! 

Looks like you were signed up on Slytherin's side of the sheet so I moved you over to ours.

Very old battle log

Also, if anyone hasn't signed up yet, we could use an extra chaser and beater (maybe even two of each.)  Everyone currently signed up for one of those positions is also signed up for another.

Eight hours til game time.

Very old battle log

Looks like you were signed up on Slytherin's side of the sheet so I moved you over to ours.

D'oh. Thanks for fixing that.

Also, if anyone hasn't signed up yet, we could use an extra chaser and beater (maybe even two of each.)  Everyone currently signed up for one of those positions is also signed up for another.

Eight hours til game time.

Oh my god I hate burpees with a burning passion but I guess I can switch out one of my roles (team's choice which one, not fussy!) for that. 

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

I put myself down for beater/seeker, so I'll do as much as I can though I don't know how much that will be.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 5 Human Assassin

Current Challenge: x

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

- from "Hawkguy", Adam WarRock

I've been absent again all week. I haven't felt well all week, and my 13 yr old daughter has been severely ill so I've been up all night several nights even being sick myself. Daughter had 104 fever Tuesday night, doctor found nothing on Wednesday, then Thursday went to ER where they found she had severe pneumonia in her left lung. Got her on antibiotics and she's finally beginning to improve, plus I got a little more sleep last night - only up twice to administer meds, so I'm beginning to feel human again. Not sure I'm quite at quiddittch yet :( but I did manage to make some progress on my AMRAPs and will update those after this post. Everyone take care!

• Like 1

Level: 3

Guild: Assassin

Race: Air Sprite

STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 9 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 3

The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. - King Solomon

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge

You take care too, Airlia!! That's more important in the end.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Level 5 Human Assassin

Current Challenge: x

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

- from "Hawkguy", Adam WarRock

So my husband is working all day and my plans for zip line and aerial park tomorrow are ruined by rain coming or way. So I am bored and annoyed. Perfect combo to get some big numbers up.

• Like 3

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

So my husband is working all day and my plans for zip line and aerial park tomorrow are ruined by rain coming or way. So I am bored and annoyed. Perfect combo to get some big numbers up.

So glad you're on our team!

• Like 2

Very old battle log

Oh my. .. I checked out the snake house team board. Apparently tox AND erosan are out to get me. Oh what fun. I'm going to hurry so pretty come Monday.

• Like 3

June 27-28 Quidditch matches

The Golden Snitch has been spotted!

The-Golden-Snitch-harry-potter-30628531-

Seekers

This Snitch has ego problems and likes to be above you!

You'll be needing to reach high,

while keeping balanced on your broom,

to nab this cheeky little ball!

To manage that, you'll be doing a Side Plank with your arm raised

(Like so)

side-plank.jpg

The Snitch chasing beings immediately

and lasts until the end-time of the Quidditch matches.

Count your Side Plank hold times on the spreadsheet in cumulative seconds.

Meaning, if you do a 15 second hold

then a 20 second hold

then a 12 second hold

then a 16 second hold

You should be showing 63 total seconds on the spreadsheet

Important Rule!

All Side Planks must be held for a minimum of 5 seconds.  Anything under 5 seconds doesn't count.

Reminder

The Seeker in each match who has the highest time, wins 150 Quidditch points for their team!

Go catch that Snitch!

d97b0115bc71d59785b3415bbdf1147a52ad71bf

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Go seekers go!

So instead of going out for our one year wedding anniversary like I had planned; this is what my husband had us scheduled to do: go to his patents place to see his brother, and do laundry.

Countdown to angry exercise: 5....4....3....2....1

Update your AMRAP counts my darlings!

• Like 2