The Doodlies (Misc. Beings Intent on Losing Weight)

We don't accept any more doodlies for this challenge, I'm sorry. But we will be back next challenge, so keep an eye on the forums!

Hi there Doodlies

I've really enjoyed being a doodlie in the past, and since there wasn't a new doodlie group for this challenge I thought I would start one.

In this group different creatures with different strengths and weaknesses join together as one. Because together we are stronger and together we will reach our goals.

Help each other to stick to their goals and do your best to reach your own. If you are struggling let us know so we can help you.

If you want to join us please post the link to your challenge tread and let us know which strength you bring to this group. Maybe you are a great cook, or you know a lot about lifting weights, maybe you know how to motivate people.

We can do this together, who is with me?

And with great pride I present to you our Doodlies:

Terah,  eatdrinkrun, CiBudr, deftona, Dirt Mama, LadyShello, gamechanger, SomGuyFromScotland

Ensicuspofqueensour.lady.of.ashes, KristalWolf

You can still join us till the end of the week (June 14th)

• Like 5
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Hello Doodlies! This is my first NF challenge, though I'm not new to fitness, and I'm excited to join a group of people with a diverse range of strengths and needs.

I would say that I have a strength in plant-based foods. I'm vegan and I focus on incorporating whole foods into my diet as much as possible. My Achilles heel is sugar and I try to find creative ways to satisfy my sweet-tooth with naturally sweet foods. 

Since I'm a beginner at these forums and challenges, please let me know if I'm missing anything or should say/do something differently. Thanks in advance for your support!

• Like 4

"Whenever you're making an important decision, first ask if it gets you closer to your goals or farther away." -Jillian Michaels

Current Challenge

Hey Doodlies. Can I join you?

My challenge thread is http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/66547-new-recruit-new-challenge/

My Achilles heel is trifold - caffeine, sugar and laziness. Like a stimulation addicted lazy Labrador! My strengths are lateral and motivational thinking and I live with a chef so my cooking skills and imagination are good enough to stave food/culinary boredom.

• Like 3

CiBudr, level 1 Human. Druid at heart, training with the Warriors

STR 1|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 5|CHA 5

Challenging myself to break my desk shackles and tunnel under my cubicle partition!

In for more Doodlies fun :D My challenge in linked in my sig. 

I like to think my strengths are cooking and motivating people. Motivating myself, however... that's something entirely different! 

Let's go Doodlies! 

• Like 4

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I'd love to join please! 

Just posted my Challenge thread here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/66633-dirt-mama-making-a-new-start/

My strengths are my Google-fu ...always seem to manage to find something useful when I search :) ...and my husband tells me I'm a good cook.

My weaknesses are my laziness & my anxiety. Always getting myself into trouble avoiding stuff and medicating with junk food  :redface:

• Like 2

Doodly reporting for duty.  I am in again.  My fellow doodlies have been really helpful in the past.  .  .  I would say my strength is consistency...however that doesn't mean consistently good, I can also be consistently making poor choices.  Link in sig.

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Hi, doodlies! I would love to be a part of a group of diverse creatures! I'm a newbie recruit and my challenge post can be found here.

As for what I bring to the group, I guess I would go with enthusiasm! I am pretty good at cheering people on, so I can be here for all your pom-pom needs :)

Level 1 Elf Recruit

STR 2 | STA 4 | DEX 1 | CON 0 | WIS 1.725 | CHA 0

Introduction | Current/First Challenge

Accountabilibuddies

I would say that I have a strength in plant-based foods. I'm vegan and I focus on incorporating whole foods into my diet as much as possible. My Achilles heel is sugar and I try to find creative ways to satisfy my sweet-tooth with naturally sweet foods. 

I'm a vegetarian myself so if you have any helpful tips or tricks, please do share!

• Like 2

Level 1 Elf Recruit

STR 2 | STA 4 | DEX 1 | CON 0 | WIS 1.725 | CHA 0

Introduction | Current/First Challenge

Accountabilibuddies

Can I be a Doodlie?

My second challenge is here.

My strengths are cracking terrible puns, and making chocolate disappear. In all seriousness, I'm an encourager. If you need a cheerleader to rah rah you across the line, I'm your man. Pom poms are optional, but will cost extra.

Biggest challenge for me this time will be, and I quote a wise fellow Nerd, "Not eating like a dickhead."

• Like 3

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18 

Welcome all :)

I've updated the first post with everyone who wants to join.

If we get any more Doodlies we need a second doodlies group. Is there anyone who wants to lead that group if it is needed?

Doodlies can enter till the end of this week.

Good luck to all of you!

• Like 2
Spoiler

Hey, may I join? :) It's my umpteenth challenge on NF, and it's been a long time since I belonged to a group.

My strength would be resiliance and not giving up. I'm prone to feeling low, so I have had to learn how to cheer myself up and look ahead, when things get tough. I also have issues with emotional eating that I'm learning how to deal with. I think you can never really fail, unless you give up all together. And even then you can start again...! I also drink a lot of tea.

So, I'd be here cheering you all on and reminding you that "now" is better than "tomorrow" or "next Monday" :D Challenge thread is in my signature.

• Like 2

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

Day 1: Deficit achieved!

CI: 1718

CO: 2480

Deficit: 762

I'm under no illusions that it'll be that good every day, but it's a good start. My goal is to hit a deficit for the next 42 days and strip away some of the body fat. There's some muscle under there somewhere, I'd like to see it. Yesterday was a scheduled workout day, so both numbers were higher than today's will be, as there's no workout planned for tonight. A "down" day for me will be probably look something like 1400-1500 in, 1900-2000 out.

Current weight, as per my pre-workout check in last night, is 223, exactly where I ended the last 6WC. A miracle in itself. Dream scenario for me would be to end this challenge somewhere around 210, but I won't beat myself up too much if I don't get that low. The key is just to keep making good food choices (not eating like a dickhead!), stay motivated, and when I'm working out, no half-assing it, leave everything out on the floor.

Have a great second day, everybody. We got this.

• Like 3

Hey, may I join? :) It's my umpteenth challenge on NF, and it's been a long time since I belonged to a group.

My strength would be resiliance and not giving up. I'm prone to feeling low, so I have had to learn how to cheer myself up and look ahead, when things get tough. I also have issues with emotional eating that I'm learning how to deal with. I think you can never really fail, unless you give up all together. And even then you can start again...! I also drink a lot of tea.

So, I'd be here cheering you all on and reminding you that "now" is better than "tomorrow" or "next Monday" :D Challenge thread is in my signature.

YAY! ENSI! YAY!

• Like 1

Welcome Ensi, nice to have you :)

Thank you, Terah!! It's about time for me to get to know new Rebels :)

YAY! ENSI! YAY!

this one I know already DEF YAYY! 8D Go teeeeam!

Sounds like you had a solid start, SGFS! (You got a preferred shorter name? Not that I can't type SomeGuyFromScotland every time I want to address you, though! :D )

• Like 1

As Scott the Scot from Scotland, it's hard to get mixed up. ;-)

I did not know your name was Scott! That's too perfect! 

• Like 1

SGFS or Scotty or "OI! YOU!" works just fine for me. As Scott the Scot from Scotland, it's hard to get mixed up. ;-)

LOL, love it :)

Spoiler

SGFS or Scotty or "OI! YOU!" works just fine for me. As Scott the Scot from Scotland, it's hard to get mixed up. ;-)

Scott the Scot from Scotland, got it! :D Which reminds me... Ensi is a Finnish name, but it's also an adjective, "next": ensi perjantaina -> next Friday. (Did I already mention, that I will also provide you with random Finnish facts?)

Stayed within calorie range today, and got some important stuff done considering student loan (visited the bank) and personal hygiene (did the laundry). I'm going to go to bed early, because my summer job starts this Friday and I need to get up waaaay early in the morning!

How's your day #2 going? :)

Random facts, I can totally get behind. I'm a complete sponge for trivia. I retain the most obscure (and completely useless, unless I'm in a pub quiz) facts.

Day #2 is going well. No workout tonight, as expected. SomeWifeFromScotland is out doing some volunteer work, and I'm home supervising the little people (one of whom is a good 2-3 inches taller than me now, so maybe I'm actually one of the little people...)

My impromptu lunchtime walk, and the garden mowing which I'm about to do, will give me a pretty decent cushion in terms of calorie deficit today. Calories In so far today is 1360, so I may just top it off with some fat free Greek yogurt after I'm done in the garden. Probably looking at ending today with a deficit of 500-ish, which will suit me fine for a non-workout day.

Näytän sulle, mistä kana pissii :playful:

(I Googled "interesting Finnish phrases", and that one really tickled me!)

• Like 3

Looked it up   :highly_amused:

Spoiler

Good morning and happy Day 3, Doodlies.

Yesterday ended with a deficit of 439. I'll take it. Today will potentially be challenging. I'm off work, as Little Wolverine has a hospital appointment around lunchtime, and SomeWifeFromScotland and I might grab a pub lunch with him while we're out and about. Just need to be mindful and make good choices.

Also on the agenda, a job interview for SWFS, which she is getting ready for right now, mowing the large back garden, and a gym session to try and get a jump on my workout target.

Rock it, team!

• Like 2

Oh my goodness :DD That one isn't used all that often... Which is a shame, since it's very funny. Maybe I will revive it! I'll have to learn you all other Finnish phrases, as well. Def knows Aina mun pitää, which was Finland's Eurovision song this year. It's like "I always have to do the thing", as in: Aina mun pitää tiskata, "I always have to wash the dishes". You're welcome, olkaa hyvä!

Happy day #3! I met my boss today, and I'm all set to start my summer job this Friday. That'll mean 6-7 hours of walking each day (I'm a cleaner for two months), plus going to work by bike :) Time to start planning, what to have for lunch every day...!

• Like 2