The Doodlies (Misc. Beings Intent on Losing Weight)

Well, lunch wasn't a complete disaster, although I still ate more than I'd planned. Had potato skins and a mozzarella stick to start, followed by piri piri chicken pasta with garlic bread, and half of a cheese sandwich. I let the Wolverine have my ice cream sundae. The biggest problem with eating out is having to guesstimate the calories. Thankfully it doesn't happen often. My food tracker app has me at just under 1800 total for the day, and I'm not anticipating having dinner after such a big lunch, so it's all good.

The step counter app shows just over 4 miles walked today, for a loss of 400 calories, and with a gym session still to come, the end result should be a healthy deficit tonight. I'll update the sexy Spreadsheet of Ultimate Justice at work in the morning. Besides mowing the grass in the blazing Scottish sun (a phrase rarely heard), I made the most of my day off and sat out on the lovely chillout decking area I built during the last challenge, and read my book. Good times. I could get used to being off work. Two weeks off at the end of July to look forward to.

Oh, and SomeWifeFromScotland's interview went promisingly well. She may even hear from them tomorrow. Cross all the things.

Hope you're all having as good a day, Doodlies!

• Like 2

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18 

Wow, lots of exercise! And getting paid for the privilege!

That's the right attitude! I might try and find some other job next summer, but right now this is the best thing: last summer I lost 9 lbs doing this job for a month. Now I'm in for two months... I just need to focus on keeping the diet in check, and there should be good results :D

Guesstimating calories is indeed troublesome T__T But it sounds like you had a productive day, and got loads of exercise! And reading a book in the sun? Awesome.

Glad to hear that SWFS's interview went well :) Crossing all the things, indeed!!

I stayed withing calory range (but had a bit too much chocolate, whoops), and met my Boss today. I'm all set to start working on Friday...! And if I can get everything done in time on Friday, I might just make it and go see Jurassic World with my friends! :) To be honest, I'm not too excited about it, but whenever there's a change to go see a movie with friends, it's hard to pass...

• Like 1

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

Ack! It's not too late to join, is it??  I'm totally new here - I signed up on Sunday just to do the challenge and I'm a little overwhelmed! 

So basically I'm staring 30 in the face (not a big deal to some people, but kind of a big deal to me) and I'd like to hit it weighing less than I weighed at 29. Yeah, I wanna run a 5k for my birthday, but tentatively. I feel like if I can lose the first 20 lbs, it might make running/jogging a little easier. I'm gonna start with walking for a while, at least so I can get used to doing 'cardio'. 

For this first challenge, I am trying to do the beginner's bodyweight circuit - I barely made it through one set on Monday, and I'm SUPER sore so instead of today, I think I'll have to try for tomorrow. 

Eventually I want to get into 'proper' weightlifting, but right now I'm just working with what I've got (it's a lot!) and going from there. I want to be well-rounded...only, er...less round than I currently am.  :tongue:

As far as what I can bring to the table...I'm good at cheerleading, and I'm also plant-based. I have lots of questions and I'm full of curiosity and enthusiasm. 

Here's my little challenge thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/66660-me-too-me-too/#entry1520950

Oh, and I'm Lillian, by the way! 

• Like 1

It's day 4, Doodlies, and terrifyingly, the ball of fire has appeared in the sky over Scotland for the second day in a row. These may be the end days.

Sadly, I'm back in the office today, but I may repeat my lunchtime walk from Tuesday. Tonight is a scheduled gym night, so I'm anticipating another solid deficit day.

Get after it, team! Who wants this?

• Like 2

No sunburn for you today than Scot ;)

The sun is burning over the Netherlands too. I think I will stay inside today :P 

I've done a fasted zumba workout and I feel like I could dance on for an other hour! It's amazing what I can do fasted now I'm used to it :)

• Like 2
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

It's a sunny day in Finland, as well! The universe is clearly trying to stuff some vitamin D in our systems...

A fasted zumba? That sounds hardcore O__o Zumba is definitely a lot of fun! I hit the gym today, 10 min of rowing + 3x6 min kettlebell circuit workout + stretching. Has anyone here tried kettlebells? They're my favourite...!

No calorie counting today :) I went to the city center and ate a very delicious salmon salad at a coffee shop in order to celebrate getting my bachelor's degree! Today's the day I'm getting it. It's been a long four years, and I'm very happy to have acchieved this...! A couple more years to get my master's degree :D

• Like 3

It's a bit sunny in England too, although still very cloudy. Perhaps I have done something to anger the universe as I seem to be the only person in Europe who the sun is not shining on! 

I am currently cleaning my house entirely, from top to bottom and when I have finished that I am going to study, then do a 45 minute elliptical session, wrestling practice, and then my 'squat it like it's hot' challenge. (Look at us all, being so good in week one :D )

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

It's day 4, Doodlies, and terrifyingly, the ball of fire has appeared in the sky over Scotland for the second day in a row. These may be the end days.

Sadly, I'm back in the office today, but I may repeat my lunchtime walk from Tuesday. Tonight is a scheduled gym night, so I'm anticipating another solid deficit day.

Get after it, team! Who wants this?

No sunburn for you today than Scot ;)

The sun is burning over the Netherlands too. I think I will stay inside today :tongue:

I've done a fasted zumba workout and I feel like I could dance on for an other hour! It's amazing what I can do fasted now I'm used to it :)

It's a sunny day in Finland, as well! The universe is clearly trying to stuff some vitamin D in our systems...

A fasted zumba? That sounds hardcore O__o Zumba is definitely a lot of fun! I hit the gym today, 10 min of rowing + 3x6 min kettlebell circuit workout + stretching. Has anyone here tried kettlebells? They're my favourite...!

No calorie counting today :) I went to the city center and ate a very delicious salmon salad at a coffee shop in order to celebrate getting my bachelor's degree! Today's the day I'm getting it. It's been a long four years, and I'm very happy to have acchieved this...! A couple more years to get my master's degree :D

Well that explains where the sun went.  I've got rain and more rain.  And then I think it is supposed to rain for another 5 days or so.  But luckily, today is a gym day.  I think I'll hit the boxing class at the gym.  But tomorrow is run day.  

Congrats Ensi on the degree.  That's truly an excellent accomplishment.  

tumblr_nng1kbSGHj1uq59hdo1_400.gif

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Y'all, I live in TEXAS. You are more than welcome to all of my sun. It's currently 83°F/28°C, with a high of 91°/ 32°. Take the sun. Take it all. Have lots of fun with it. 

(this is why I was focusing on bodyweight workouts - I'm not down for going outside right now. It was a low of 77°F / 25°C this morning, and there are giant bloodsucking vampires disguised as mosquitos that are most active at dawn and dusk. PASS.)

• Like 3

Well that explains where the sun went.  I've got rain and more rain.  And then I think it is supposed to rain for another 5 days or so.  But luckily, today is a gym day.  I think I'll hit the boxing class at the gym.  But tomorrow is run day.  

Congrats Ensi on the degree.  That's truly an excellent accomplishment.  

tumblr_nng1kbSGHj1uq59hdo1_400.gif

Thank you! <3 And oh, you do boxing? Cooool! How long have you been doing it?

Y'all, I live in TEXAS. You are more than welcome to all of my sun. It's currently 83°F/28°C, with a high of 91°/ 32°. Take the sun. Take it all. Have lots of fun with it. 

(this is why I was focusing on bodyweight workouts - I'm not down for going outside right now. It was a low of 77°F / 25°C this morning, and there are giant bloodsucking vampires disguised as mosquitos that are most active at dawn and dusk. PASS.)

Scorching sun during the day, bloodsucking vampires at night...? You must be a badass to live in such a place! :D Better stay indoors, indeed...!

Just came indoors myself, as well. The weather is very, very lovely :) I have some red onion, rutabega and beets frying on the pan. I hope they'll taste as good as they smell...

ADD; If this thing tastes half as good as it looks and smells like, I'm on my way to Flavor Town and I'm not coming back anytime soon

maaaat.JPG

Thank you! <3 And oh, you do boxing? Cooool! How long have you been doing it?

I should clarify.  This boxing class is just a group fitness class.  I don't actually get to hit anything. But luckily, I don't get hit either.  I started taking a class at a different gym with a temp pass last challenge and they had the big body bags.  I loved that class.  But my gym's boxing class, though fun and tiring and exciting, has no equipment to hit.  I do wear my gloves though.  They make me feel like a beast.  :pirate:   

• Like 3

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

I do wear my gloves though.  They make me feel like a beast.  :pirate:   

I wear gloves when I do combat style workouts too. I say I wear them because they're weighted, but really it's because they make me feel like a badass :D

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

That's true.  They say that at the class to wear theirs if you want because they are weighted but I know that's not the reason they all wear them.  

• Like 1

Spoiler

I too am from Texas, cuspofqueens! Luckily(?) for me work keeps me indoors/trapped for all of the daylight hours so I don't melt too much during the summer.

Level 1 Elf Recruit

STR 2 | STA 4 | DEX 1 | CON 0 | WIS 1.725 | CHA 0

Introduction | Current/First Challenge

Accountabilibuddies

Welcome back :)

Spoiler

Day 5, workout 4 for the week done. Building up a good cushion on my target. Squats, deficits and reading are all still on plan. Reasonably happy with the first week of the challenge. How's everyone else doing?

How's everyone else doing?

According to my handy dandy spreadsheet all is going well.  According to scale - not bad but not great.  But I listen to the spreadsheet over the scale; spreadsheets don't lie.  As of now I've got 19 points for my macros.  Anything over 0 is excellent.  Got workouts planned for every remaining day this week though.  Rest days all used up.  Got to stay busy. 

Actually, I'm already thinking about tweaks and changes but I'm afraid to mess with anything.  I really want to get under 200 this challenge and I don't feel like it is the best time to experiment with my system.  But I'm actually kind of hoping for a 2 week break between then next challenges (which I always hate) so I can experiment.   

Excited about going to the Farmer's market tomorrow.  All the other rangers seemed to have plans to go to their local one so I got inspired and now excited.  My house is frightening low on freggies at the moment so we'll see what I can dig up.  

• Like 3

Spoiler

right.gif

This made me LOL.

• Like 1

Spoiler

It's been 5 days already? Time flies... Sounds like you're all doing well!

I slept 9 hours last night! I usually get 7 hours of sleep, but I've had some issues with sleeping lately (very vivid nightmares that keep me up, urgh). Yesterday I woke up at 5 AM so that I could be at work at 6 AM and make it to see Jurassic World at 2 PM. I thought the work would take 6-7 hours... and it took me 3 and a half :D Well, now I know what I'm up against next Monday! I'm having some other work assignments then, though, but now I have some idea of how long it takes to go through the area I'm cleaning. It seems to be a calm area, so I can just do my stuff and listen to the radio. Hurah!

Yesterday was calorie counting day... until it wasnt' :D Gonna track today and tomorrow to get 5/5 days tracked this week!

And  my opinion about Jurassic World?

Let's stay strong!

• Like 3

How's everyone else doing?

I've done all the workouts I planned. Even lifted weights in the free weight section in the gym (or the cocks loft as we like to call it ;) )

Changed my eating goals to suit me better and I feel great. So full of energy :)

• Like 3
Spoiler