The Doodlies (Misc. Beings Intent on Losing Weight)

Actually, I'm already thinking about tweaks and changes but I'm afraid to mess with anything.  I really want to get under 200 this challenge and I don't feel like it is the best time to experiment with my system.  But I'm actually kind of hoping for a 2 week break between then next challenges (which I always hate) so I can experiment.   

There is another two week break, here is the challenge schedule for this year. Enjoy your farmer's market! 

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

CICO summary from days 1-5:

Total Deficit: -3239

Daily Average: -647.8

Exactly where I planned to be. If I can keep this up for the 42 days, I'll be happy with that.

Have a great weekend, Doodlies. Anyone got exciting plans?

• Like 1

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18 

Well, the first week of challenge hasn't been too bad. I apparently dropped a little bit of weight between this week and last week. Not precisely sure how much but some. I've gotten all my runs and all my yoga in so anything I do this weekend is bonus. Still working on trying to get in the habit of meditating. That's been the hardest part of the first week is making myself stop for five minutes and actually meditate.

In other news, my first book is now available on Kindle. So super happy about that.

• Like 5

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Stats: STR 8 DEX 7 CON 7.9 STA 10 WIS 8 CHA 7.9

Daily Battle Log

1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th  | 7th Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

In other news, my first book is now available on Kindle. So super happy about that.

That's very exciting!! What's the book about?

There is another two week break, here is the challenge schedule for this year. Enjoy your farmer's market! 

Thanks.  That should suit my needs.  I've practically got my next challenge all lined up.  That will give me a chance to try it out.  But now I want a fitness tracker.  I'm looking at the Jawbone Up3... but it's pricey. But it has like, everything.

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Hello there :)

Is the option to join still available for this group? The vibe seems fun and that's something I find hugely motivating. I've been up and down with my weight for most of my adult life and am currently looking to get back to a weight of 73kg, give or take. I have lost about 6kg since the end of March, and have another 12kg or so to go. I'm looking to develop overall strength, balance, flexibility, agility and stamina- a bit of everything, as I hope to return to roller derby next year and that takes all the skills :) My intro post and challenge log are linked in my signature.

I'm a bit of an all-rounder, no one particular strength to bring to the group. I enjoy supporting others and get motivated watching the people around me succeed with their goals. I am often told that I am very pragmatic and sensible, and have a 'calming presence'. I'm not sure how that might help this group though lol. 

Have a great day,

Krystal

• Like 1

Level 2 | Adventurer | Lycan

Little by little, a little becomes a lot. 

How the story begins..     Doodlie Buddies

Challenge 1   Challenge 2

Str: 1      Dex: -       Sta: 4       Cha: 1       Con: 5       Wis:  4

It is the tale of an undying king whose first love is reincarnated in the body of another woman and what he will risk in order to have her.

I must read this! 

What is the title?

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Hello there :)

Is the option to join still available for this group? The vibe seems fun and that's something I find hugely motivating. I've been up and down with my weight for most of my adult life and am currently looking to get back to a weight of 73kg, give or take. I have lost about 6kg since the end of March, and have another 12kg or so to go. I'm looking to develop overall strength, balance, flexibility, agility and stamina- a bit of everything, as I hope to return to roller derby next year and that takes all the skills :) My intro post and challenge log are linked in my signature.

I'm a bit of an all-rounder, no one particular strength to bring to the group. I enjoy supporting others and get motivated watching the people around me succeed with their goals. I am often told that I am very pragmatic and sensible, and have a 'calming presence'. I'm not sure how that might help this group though lol. 

Have a great day,

Krystal

Welcome Krystal! 

• Like 1
Spoiler

There are 12 doodlies now.

Split up in two teams of 6, or continue as a group of 12?

Spoiler

I think we can probably do a group of 12 for now? The thread doesn't get too busy as not everyone posts but we should probably close the group now and if it gets a bit hectic then split? 

But again, I am completely happy either way :D

• Like 2

Completely agree with my learned colleague. Split if it gets busy, otherwise lock it down at 12 and let's get Doodling.

Ended yesterday with a deficit of 603, and off to a flyer this morning with a good gym workout followed by a protein shake and some fat free Greek yogurt. I'm on the welcome team at Church this morning, and in the coffee shop pre-service tonight, so there will be ample opportunity to get some walking in today. Just as well, as the Scottish weather has now reverted to type.

Week 1 is almost in the books, Doodlies!

The more, the merrier? I think we can handle 12 of us! :D

It's raining today... Did my grocery shopping and now I'm probably going to do a light kettlebell workout. Thought about skipping it first, since I've already completed my two workouts this week, but I think it would alleviate some "monthly cycle of life" related bloating and pain.

Anyone following season three of Orange is the New Black?

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

I will be. I've not had a chance to watch the new episodes yet, but planning to start tonight or tomorrow.

YEAH!! I'm six episodes in, and loving it a lot :D The characters are all so brilliant, definitely one of my fav tv-shows... And it feels like summer again, since I watched season 2 last summer :)

• Like 1

Hiya there everyDoodlie!

Week one is done and dusted, and I might add, with a measure of success for me. Calorie counting plus three lots of exercise really helped my weight loss goal this week - a whopping 1.2kg. I'm pretty stoked with that, although I wouldn't want it to be any higher (slow and steady and all that jazz).

I finished planning out my exercise/activity logs too - I have a pocket calorie book in my handbag, and an exercise binder at home where I can record my activities, weights and measures, and personal goals. I also have a noticeboard in my study where I have a spreadsheet stuck so I can tick off my SMARTgoals for each day, plus motivational things, like activities I'd like to have a go at (Rockclimbing, Circus Camp, trampolining etc), and a picture of my wedding rings, which I would like to be able to wear again one day.

All in all, I'm feeling positive, and quietly motivated to continue.

I'm not great with time differences - are you all finished day 7 yet? How'd you all go?!!!  

• Like 2

Level 2 | Adventurer | Lycan

Little by little, a little becomes a lot. 

How the story begins..     Doodlie Buddies

Challenge 1   Challenge 2

Str: 1      Dex: -       Sta: 4       Cha: 1       Con: 5       Wis:  4

Nice to meet you, Krystal! :) Seems like you had a solid week 1! And all the tracking systems you have? Wow. Now I need to get something, too O__o Maybe something I could put on my wall...

I had a somewhat bumpy week 1...! I had some vivid nightmares, which lead to sleeping problems, which lead to eating a bit more than I should have eaten. I also started my summerjob, which was scary, but it's actually been very easygoing so far... Nevertheless, my spirits are high and I'm ready to keep experimenting with food this week!

The ancient scrolls My food log from last summer tells me that I ate a lot more protein and fat than I do these days. They probably helped me to feel full, and my calories were in check. So, this week: more protein, more fat :) I'm having most of my carbs at lunch. Today I got 5½ hours of walking and cleaning, plus 40 minutes of biking. From now on I'll start working at 7 AM, hopefully that'll help me get more sleep (started at 6 AM today)!

• Like 1

Week one turned out alright. Got most things where I want them, so kudos for that. The one thing I'm struggling with, daily meditation, was a B but I'm okay with that building a new habit can take a little while.

Looks like most folks had a pretty good first week. Let's go for week 2.

• Like 1

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Stats: STR 8 DEX 7 CON 7.9 STA 10 WIS 8 CHA 7.9

Daily Battle Log

1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th  | 7th Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

The more, the merrier? I think we can handle 12 of us! :D

It's raining today... Did my grocery shopping and now I'm probably going to do a light kettlebell workout. Thought about skipping it first, since I've already completed my two workouts this week, but I think it would alleviate some "monthly cycle of life" related bloating and pain.

Anyone following season three of Orange is the New Black?

I hadn't realized it started already.  I am so in.  I guess I'm going to start watching this week.  

My week 1 was great.  A's across the board.  However, I gained slightly according to the evil maniacal scale that resides at my house.  I gained so little I practically stayed even.. but I was hoping or a loss.  

But on a good note - my Jawbone Up2 is expected to be delivered today.  I debated the Up3 because it had better sleep tracking and is also a heart rate monitor but all the reviews said it sucked at those things.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

I had a great first week. Did all the workouts, changed my first quest so I can stick to it. Just can't seem to find the time for my LQ. 

You know what? I'm doing a small category right now :)

• Like 3
Spoiler

YEAH!! I'm six episodes in, and loving it a lot :D The characters are all so brilliant, definitely one of my fav tv-shows... And it feels like summer again, since I watched season 2 last summer :)

Watched the first three episodes of season 3 last night. I had to sacrifice my reading time, but I regret nothing!

The scene with Bennett's dinner with Cesar was heartbreaking. I hate Cesar with the fire of a thousand suns.

Also, "It's a dick!" made me literally laugh out loud.

• Like 1